PDA

View Full Version : Which position do you think we might draft that would shock you with our 1st pick?

Danny
03-29-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm talking realistic here. A position you feel we should not use a pick on with our 1st pick but that you think our OF might do it anyway.Imo if we stay at 8 there're only 3 positions that we should consider. QB,Pass rusher or OT. I don't believe Philbin would draft a WR at 8 in case you're wondering or a TE. This draft is loaded with good OT's so that SHOULD wait till round 2 or 3 which would leave imo QB or pass rusher. If Tannehill is there we'll probably take him and if not, we should move down and take a pass rusher as those are hard to get.However, they can always throw a curveball at us. The position I think our FO could go for but I'd not agree with is drafting a corner at 8.What position are you guys worry about us drafting that you believe is posible our FO would do?

QB-YES
RB-NO
WR-NO
TE-NO
C-NO
G-NO
T-YES

DE-YES
DT-NO
OLB-YES
ILB-NO
CORNER-YES
S-NO

The 5 yes are positions I believe we're looking at.Only corner would upset me. Can't see them doing anything else, do you?

Ozzy rules!!

fishbanger
03-29-2012, 07:04 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if we draft an OL or TE or Safety with the number 8 pick. Every other position is in play.

SQuinn17
03-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if we draft an OL or TE or Safety with the number 8 pick. Every other position is in play.You'll really be shocked if we go O-line in the first round? You gotta be kidding me.

Danny
03-29-2012, 07:20 PM
I'd not be shock at all if we go o-line at 8 but this is supposed to be a rich class on OT's so I'd wait till the 2nd or 3rd round for that. Only 2 positions make sense to me like I said, QB or pass rusher as those are hard to get the longer you wait.

Ozzy rules!!

LANGER72
03-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Safety. It is a weak year for safeties.

Roman529
03-29-2012, 07:57 PM
A Running Back....if Trent Richardson drops to us...it could happen if the Browns take Tannehill....then you have Claiborne, Blackmon, Couples or Ingram who could be picked and then we have to decide if we take Richardson...I think Tampa will likely take him but you never know.

allsilverdreams
03-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Qb

miamiron
03-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Nothing would shock me with this front office

DzakkH13
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Interesting scenario that could occur:

1. Colts - Luck
2. Redskins - Griffin
3. Vikings - Kalil
4. Browns - Tannehill
5. Buccaneers - Richardson
6. Rams - Blackman
7. Jaguars - Coples or Ingram
8. Dolphins - ????

At this point, I think we'd try to trade down, but what if we can't?

Do we go BPA? If so, that would be Morris Claiborne.

So my surprise pick would be CB.

I would not be mad at all if this is what happened, Claiborne is going to be a stud.

Andyman
03-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Interesting scenario that could occur:

1. Colts - Luck
2. Redskins - Griffin
3. Vikings - Kalil
4. Browns - Tannehill
5. Buccaneers - Richardson
6. Rams - Blackman
7. Jaguars - Coples or Ingram
8. Dolphins - ????

At this point, I think we'd try to trade down, but what if we can't?

Do we go BPA? If so, that would be Morris Claiborne.

So my surprise pick would be CB.

I would not be mad at all if this is what happened, Claiborne is going to be a stud.

I don't think that's a surprise scenario at all. If Miami cannot trade down and the board plays out like that, then that would likely be the pick.

Gonzo
03-29-2012, 09:36 PM
If I think they might draft it, I won't be shocked, but that's just semantics :lol: Safety or RB would shock me. TE too, because as much as I like Fleener, it's WAY too early. RT or any OL outside of DeCastro should shock me, but with these guys, it wouldn't.

Pitbull13
03-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Punter

Phanatical
03-29-2012, 11:05 PM
The only draft pick at #1 that would shock me is LT, C, or NT, because those are the only positions where we are definitely settled at starter.

McMichael
03-29-2012, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't be upset at all if we drafted claiborne with the 8 pick... but he probably would NEVER get past the jags even if he gets that far.

More likely that richardson or blackmon drops to us than claiborne imo

JCane
03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Richardson won't even go in the top 15. Been saying that for months now. Today practically confirmed it.

Wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a kicker in the first round after some of the things I've seen.

JCane
03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Punter

We not be shocked. Everyone needs a good backup punter on their roster.

1 dol fan
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM
KR/PR... Ted Ginn style.

rainmaker1313
03-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Pk

dr.jake
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
decastro is a guard right? wouldn't be at all disappointed or shocked at #8. he's an animal and clear cut #1 at his position. i've even heard the word steve hutchinson thrown around as a comparison. and a position of need.

SF Dolphin Fan
04-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm talking realistic here. A position you feel we should not use a pick on with our 1st pick but that you think our OF might do it anyway.Imo if we stay at 8 there're only 3 positions that we should consider. QB,Pass rusher or OT. I don't believe Philbin would draft a WR at 8 in case you're wondering or a TE. This draft is loaded with good OT's so that SHOULD wait till round 2 or 3 which would leave imo QB or pass rusher. If Tannehill is there we'll probably take him and if not, we should move down and take a pass rusher as those are hard to get.However, they can always throw a curveball at us. The position I think our FO could go for but I'd not agree with is drafting a corner at 8.What position are you guys worry about us drafting that you believe is posible our FO would do?

QB-YES
RB-NO
WR-NO
TE-NO
C-NO
G-NO
T-YES

DE-YES
DT-NO
OLB-YES
ILB-NO
CORNER-YES
S-NO

The 5 yes are positions I believe we're looking at.Only corner would upset me. Can't see them doing anything else, do you?

Ozzy rules!!I'd say tight end. I really love Coby Fleener and could see him in play with a trade down, but not at #8. I honestly wouldn't be suprised, though, if the Dolphins took Mark Barron especially considering the elite tight ends Miami goes against in the AFC East. That might be a little high for him, but I'd say he's considered a top 15 guy so not a huge stretch.