PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Tannehill Pro Day - EVERY THROW

foozool13
03-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Here is the video for his pro day. Thought some people would like to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0KTthz9Wwk

Vertical Limit
03-30-2012, 09:51 PM
He kind of looks like Brees.. but it is just a rehearsal basically.

CRAZYDOLFAN305
03-30-2012, 09:55 PM
No windup, no wasted motion in his throws. Cleveland is going to hold us hostage if we want to get him. If we stay at 8, someone else might get him. I can see in three to four years him becoming a franchise..

jason_taylor
03-30-2012, 10:04 PM
hes tight i think he will be a franchise QB just dont know if he will be ready to start right awaybut he could be , imo we take him at #8 and let him and Moore duke it out this year then if he wins great, but if not he can sit and learn just like rogers did in Greenbay.

footsteps_falco
03-30-2012, 10:05 PM
No windup, no wasted motion in his throws. Cleveland is going to hold us hostage if we want to get him. If we stay at 8, someone else might get him. I can see in three to four years him becoming a franchise..

I would make three critiques on what I saw here. The first is that he didn't look to be going 100% the whole time. The second being that the showing was very scripted and extremely vanilla. The third (to address what you said about no wasted motion) he tries to pat the ball before almost every throw. He does it on gamedays so someone clearly has been coaching him up not to, but you can see him holding back from doing it on a lot of throws and others he reverts back and does pat the ball. If it's happening in this scenario, it will show itself on the field then as well. Thats not the worst thing in the world because some Qb's get away with it, but it gives defenders an edge on you. other then this though he looks like the real deal. now lets see him read some coverages in the NFL o_O

Danny
03-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I think he'll be gone before our pick, sorry to say.

Ozzy rules!!

fishbanger
03-31-2012, 10:52 AM
If Tannehill is gone I trade down and then try to get a QB in this order

Weeden
Cousins
Osweiler
BJ Coleman

MiamiMuss
03-31-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMug25sYjLs&feature=relmfu

Compare that to RGIII.

Tannehide does do alot of things that are good-not GREAT-but good.He doesnt have the quickest throws and almost all his throws seem to be with alot of effort.

Vertical Limit
03-31-2012, 01:15 PM
RGIII floated the ball up a couple times.. I wish we saw some more line drive deep throws on that video.

damanref10
03-31-2012, 01:18 PM
I was impressed with the accuracy, but wished he would have been pushing it more towards 100%
again, its a pro day, total dress rehearsal, but i came away more impressed than i was going into it.
any word about how far along his foot recovery is? b/c that would explain not going at full speed just fine

WaxOn WaxOff
03-31-2012, 01:50 PM
80% of those throws were short to intermediate range passes. I would expect him to nail those. His arm strength should be fine for the WCO, as strong as Peyton's I would think. My big question is... What's upstairs? Why was it that Texas A&M was ahead so many times this year at halftime and blew it in the second half? I didn't watch them, so I can't answer that. I truly believe that Cleveland (and now Minnesota) are trying to extort picks from Miami. I would call their bluff. We can always pick Weeden if we MUST have a QB.

hooshoops
04-01-2012, 10:52 AM
they start the workout at half and three quarter speed but they ramped it up just like they do with anyone else as he got into a rhythm and warmed up...a couple of those outbreaking throws ball needs to be to the outside towards the sideline when guys are stopping or reaching back thats when dbs can recover and make plays on the ball...saw the same thing i see on tape with his straight vertical routes guys waiting on the ball checking up a little bit but at least the placement was a little better than i'd seen...no question this kid does have high end physical tools he showed he can make those 20-30 yard in breaking and crossing routes without a problem...he can throw some bullets on the crossing routes post routes looked pretty solid would like to see him drive it a little more but i guess thats nit picking...looked like he might have had a little trouble throwing the 20 yard come back from the opposite hash i think it was ball was down around the waist...

plus feet plus athleticism plus size plus feel for pressure...

insom187
04-01-2012, 09:58 PM
they start the workout at half and three quarter speed but they ramped it up just like they do with anyone else as he got into a rhythm and warmed up...a couple of those outbreaking throws ball needs to be to the outside towards the sideline when guys are stopping or reaching back thats when dbs can recover and make plays on the ball...saw the same thing i see on tape with his straight vertical routes guys waiting on the ball checking up a little bit but at least the placement was a little better than i'd seen...no question this kid does have high end physical tools he showed he can make those 20-30 yard in breaking and crossing routes without a problem...he can throw some bullets on the crossing routes post routes looked pretty solid would like to see him drive it a little more but i guess thats nit picking...looked like he might have had a little trouble throwing the 20 yard come back from the opposite hash i think it was ball was down around the waist...

plus feet plus athleticism plus size plus feel for pressure...

That explanation I guess is why his roll outs look so pathetic early on. So slow at the beginning. His red zone stuff looked crisper. Still not sure at #8 though. If they take him fine but I'd rather have Keuchly and try again next year.

CattailsrEdible
04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Im with the not sure at #8 camp. I know one thing, i could never be a gm!!!!!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk