PDA

View Full Version : With my 2000 post I predict with the #8 pick

MarshallFin1
04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
The dolphins will select Trent Richardson RB Alabama. Its not a need for us i know but i just dont think miami passes up on a rare talent like richardson that only comes around every 5 years or so, last one was probably AP which was very long ago.. Thomas most likely will be traded if we pick him up obviously but we will have to wait and see. No need to get crazy on me, its just a prediction i wanted to do with reaching 2k post that took a few years :). I know its unlikely and im not holding my breath, but a back field with richardson and bush could be dynamite. I thought about claiborne and i believe he will not make it past tampa, tampa has a great running back already and think they are going to build a defense now with claiborne. I know we are supposely going with this west coast offense of style from GB but im just not buying it at this point, after striking out on 3 qbs and showing that we really never really wanted them, trading away our only Elite Receiver its just hard to think the dolphins are going with a WCO. Just something i wanted to do with my 2000th post, now u can all shread me ;/.

sinPHIN
04-03-2012, 10:11 PM
nooooooooo! not gonna happen. if he is there we have to trade down. somebody will want him. stack up on picks. trent is a better pick than tannehill but still a no

2413fanphins
04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I'd rather lamar miller in round two if we are taking a running back.

tannehill, a pass rusher like ingram, or a sure thing like keuchly at 8 for me....

rickd13
04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't do it. I'm not a big fan of drafting a running back high. You can find running backs all over in the draft. Running back is not a premium position anyway. Richardson would be a huge luxury pick for the Dolphins.

HybridPHIN 23
04-03-2012, 11:09 PM
RB is the elite talent you do pass on..... especially with our new offense. When's the last time a battering ram was featured in the WCO ???

hooshoops
04-03-2012, 11:15 PM
ha ha...good luck with seeing him on the board at #8...

JCane
04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Nonsense.

Trent Richardson isn't even a top 15 pick.

Probably not even in the top 20.

MarshallFin1
04-03-2012, 11:23 PM
RB is the elite talent you do pass on..... especially with our new offense. When's the last time a battering ram was featured in the WCO ???

u need a qb to run a wco, something the dolphins dont have. We have a qb in matt moore who is pretty good, but if your expecting him to make you those great throws aaron rodgers makes on a consistent basis you are seriously in lala land. Tanne wont play, he will sit 2 years, not worth for a #8 and also our wrs dont have the athletic ability the pack wrs have. The WCO just wont work in miami, our offense wasnt built for it. Matt flynn was the best way to build a wco with because than u would not have to spend draft picks on a qb and could use all on weapons for him, with flynn u had a qb with a strong arm and has proven he can lead a wco offense already in the nfl. I agree about passing on certain runnings backs, but when you have a rare talent like richardson i think you go for it. Look at emmitt smith/barry sanders/ladanian tomlinson, they make your hole offense better cause teams fear your running game so bad they stack the box. Reggie bush did good for us last year but lets be honest, reggie aint no TR.

Trent richardson can do it all, burn you, run over you, run circles around you, hes not a talent any team should pass up on unless you already have adrian peterson on your team. U can make the case we are running the WCO and dont need him but philbin has already said, we are pounding that rock no matter if we do run a wco or not.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Nonsense.

Trent Richardson isn't even a top 15 pick.

Probably not even in the top 20.

I want what your smoking, I can guarantee T rich will not make it past the dolphins on draft day, GUARANTEE.

kvado16
04-03-2012, 11:23 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to this, it's as if Adrian Peterson was in this draft. Would you not take a future top 5 RB in this league?

JCane
04-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I want what your smoking, I can guarantee T rich will not make it past the dolphins on draft day, GUARANTEE.

Ok. Get at me when he slides on past the Dolphins.

The RB position does not carry the weight that it once did in the draft.

hooshoops
04-03-2012, 11:28 PM
you're way off on this one cane...way off...t rich is going top 7...and at #4 to cleveland if they don't take tannehill

MarshallFin1
04-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Ok. Get at me when he slides on past the Dolphins.

The RB position does not carry the weight that it once did in the draft.

thats because there hasnt been that many great ones since Chris johnson and AP. People get mixed up with good running backs and great running backs. Look at the chargers, they took ryan mattews 2 years ago with the #13 pick and he was just a "good" running back. A great one like tr will not make it past 10.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

I'd rather lamar miller in round two if we are taking a running back.

tannehill, a pass rusher like ingram, or a sure thing like keuchly at 8 for me....

we dont need a running back, its t rich or nothing. Hes the only Talent in the draft other than a few worth taking even if its not a position of need because of how good he is.

MarshallFin1
04-03-2012, 11:35 PM
you're way off on this one cane...way off...t rich is going top 7...and at #4 to cleveland if they don't take tannehill

I can agree with that, i do think the browns will take T rich. Thats why i said, im not holding my breath. Even if by some miracle he did make it to us, u know the dolphins would never do it. Ireland is most likely trading down again, that is my honest opinion.

JCane
04-03-2012, 11:36 PM

Wasted pick if that happens. Even with Trent Richardson the Browns will platoon the position. How can you justify having a top five pick split carries.

Disappointing pro day as well. Makes no sense.

hooshoops
04-03-2012, 11:37 PM
personally i wouldn't take t rich if i'm miami at #8 anyways...

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2012, 11:42 PM
If we draft him I would stop being a dolphins fan. Trent will be a beast but running back is not a need at all we have two backs in bush and Thomas and why add a third? There is no need to have three running backs in today's game since it's a pass first league. Would be a waste of pick

hooshoops
04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Wasted pick if that happens. Even with Trent Richardson the Browns will platoon the position. How can you justify having a top five pick split carries.

Disappointing pro day as well. Makes no sense.

i don't think they envision a platoon at all...the kid they took a couple years ago from tennessee i think it was pretty high can't stay healthy...i think they see him as their peyton hillis bellcow...but with better tools and better speed

all i know is both cleveland and tampa love t rich...love him...and i think odds are very good if he did get to #7 that jax phone would be ringing off the hook for a trade...and i think jax is more than willing to trade out of that slot

MarshallFin1
04-03-2012, 11:49 PM
If we draft him I would stop being a dolphins fan. Trent will be a beast but running back is not a need at all we have two backs in bush and Thomas and why add a third? There is no need to have three running backs in today's game since it's a pass first league. Would be a waste of pick

i could give u a hole load of reasons why u should have already stopped being a dolphin fan but if u havent stopped yet, you arent so just stop lol.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2012, 11:54 PM
i could give u a hole load of reasons why u should have already stopped being a dolphin fan but if u havent stopped yet, you arent so just stop lol.

Too be honest I would never stop. I was just getting my point how dumb it would be to draft him lol

JCane
04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
i don't think they envision a platoon at all...the kid they took a couple years ago from tennessee i think it was pretty high can't stay healthy...i think they see him as their peyton hillis bellcow...but with better tools and better speed

all i know is both cleveland and tampa love t rich...love him...and i think odds are very good if he did get to #7 that jax phone would be ringing off the hook for a trade...and i think jax is more than willing to trade out of that slot

I really wouldn't be surprised if he went high. He's an incredible talent. I just think that with the way the league has changed that teams have gotten smarter and would try to get better value for him later in the draft.

MarshallFin1
04-04-2012, 12:24 AM
I really wouldn't be surprised if he went high. He's an incredible talent. I just think that with the way the league has changed that teams have gotten smarter and would try to get better value for him later in the draft.

League is still the same nfl it was in 90s, all your seeing is more teams favoring the passing game than the running game. Put up the cowboys dynasty of the 90s vs the patriots of 2000 and cowboys destroy the patriots everytime. With a good defense the running game is superior. You rest your defense with the running game and keep them fresh.

JCane
04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
It's not the same at all. Rule changes benefit the QB and the passing game. Why do you think Marino's record stood as long as it did and then all of a sudden Manning breaks it and then Brady breaks that one. Drew Brees was able to eventually break the single-season passing record as well. This league is TOTALLY different than what I grew up with. Teams in the 1980's had one workhorse back that touched the football 30 times a game. Where is that at today if the league hasn't changed? Remember when everyone thought we'd take Mark Ingram at #15 and I said there's no way?

Phinatic8u
04-04-2012, 12:49 AM
I honestly want Blackmon, Keulechy, or Claborine.

One of those three will be there at 8.

JCane
04-04-2012, 12:53 AM
I honestly don't even know what to do anymore.

I'm willing to gamble on Tannehill if he's still there. Reiff is safe I believe. I like Coples a lot and I believe that if you don't have a QB then you can't ever have too many DE because you have to have a pass rush in this league. Claiborne I like but I think we have to trade out of #8 in order to get proper value for him. And in the draft I am ALL about value.

Ted Ginn wasn't a bad pick. But he's a TERRIBLE pick at #9 overall. Ginn's value was in the #17 - #22 range. Had we selected him then, I wouldn't have blown my fuse.

ROADRUNNER
04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
The dolphins will select Trent Richardson RB Alabama. Its not a need for us i know but i just dont think miami passes up on a rare talent like richardson that only comes around every 5 years or so, last one was probably AP which was very long ago.. Thomas most likely will be traded if we pick him up obviously but we will have to wait and see. No need to get crazy on me, its just a prediction i wanted to do with reaching 2k post that took a few years :). I know its unlikely and im not holding my breath, but a back field with richardson and bush could be dynamite. I thought about claiborne and i believe he will not make it past tampa, tampa has a great running back already and think they are going to build a defense now with claiborne. I know we are supposely going with this west coast offense of style from GB but im just not buying it at this point, after striking out on 3 qbs and showing that we really never really wanted them, trading away our only Elite Receiver its just hard to think the dolphins are going with a WCO. Just something i wanted to do with my 2000th post, now u can all shread me ;/.

Well done on your 2000th post.....:woot:

TedSlimmJr
04-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Trent had a very good pro day. He displayed everything in drills that's been evident on his game film since he stepped on campus. Speed, power, balance, and cutting ability. Caught the ball extremely well on pass routes out of the backfield, including acrobatic one handed catches due to off target throws, and showed such tremendous power and technique in pass pro drills that he knocked former NFL runningback and current Cleveland RB's coach, Gary Brown, flat on his back...

...and he did it all while being about 70% healthy still recovering from a knee scope.

Zounds
04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Richardson wont make it past pick #5, but if he were avalaible at #8, I woudln't hesitate to pick him. If elite talent is on te board, you take it period. With no WR core and a stop gap QB, we need to rely on our running game.

Reggie Bush can still get 5-10 carries a game, work out of the slot, and return punts and kicks. Richardson is the rare every down back. We can upgrade several positions by draftnig him and using Bush in a different capacity - RB, WR and PR/KR.

MarshallFin1
04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Richardson wont make it past pick #5, but if he were avalaible at #8, I woudln't hesitate to pick him. If elite talent is on te board, you take it period. With no WR core and a stop gap QB, we need to rely on our running game.

Reggie Bush can still get 5-10 carries a game, work out of the slot, and return punts and kicks. Richardson is the rare every down back. We can upgrade several positions by draftnig him and using Bush in a different capacity - RB, WR and PR/KR.

thats what im saying. Everyone thinks we are going to pick a bunch of great receivers in the draft and a some great qb who can run a west coach offense. Its just not happening in 1 year, it will take miami years before they can be ready to really install that type of offense, we dont have a qb who is consistently accurate enough to run such an offense, we dont have wrs who are good enough either, hartline? compare jordy nelson to hartline or jennings to bess, they make our wr class look horrible. I think miamis best chance to win is still have a balanced offense of run and gun, thats what this team was built for. Swap Richardson and bush on every first down and u got a scary offense to work with. Grab a few wrs in the 3rd and go from there and start to build on the wco for years to come. Until we get that Elite qb like the packers have i just dont see how we can run this WCO offense.

rent this space
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Philbin is a WCO coach, so is Sherman and they have been running that offense for a long time. They are not going to run a completely different offense for a year or two simply because we don't have a guy as good Jordy Nelson. It may take time to aquire all right pieces, but the west coast offense is coming this year

MarshallFin1
04-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Philbin is a WCO coach, so is Sherman and they have been running that offense for a long time. They are not going to run a completely different offense for a year or two simply because we don't have a guy as good Jordy Nelson. It may take time to aquire all right pieces, but the west coast offense is coming this year

Philbin was an offensive coordinator, he did what he was instructed to do. Doesnt mean thats he envisions in miami. It like you work for a business, but then you get enough money to open up your own type of business, are you going to run things the same as your old job just because thats how you did it before? no, your going to do whatever you feel can give you the most success with what you "have". no one knows what is coming, no one but the coaching staff knows. U have matt moore as your starting qb, good luck running a west coast offense with that type of qb.

hooshoops
04-04-2012, 11:08 AM
kuechly and decastro will both be there at #8...if i had to choose b/t t rich and kuechly i'll go the latter...but again t rich isn't getting to #8...

MarshallFin1
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
kuechly and decastro will both be there at #8...if i had to choose b/t t rich and kuechly i'll go the latter...but again t rich isn't getting to #8...

T rich can drop, if he can passes the browns and tampa bay he will drop out the top 10 easily. Its possible the browns take blackmon instead of richardson, its possible tampa bay takes claiborne instead of richardson. The rams wont take him cause they have an elite rb already and need wr help. Vikings without a doubt wont be taking t rich lol, they got ap. Than you the jags at 7, who already also have a top 5 RB in the league. Its possible anyone can drop at this point, only 2 that are a lock are luck and rg3.

JCane
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Kalil at three is a given as well.

hooshoops
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
if he gets to jax at #7 someone will come up for him...i'll stand by that...don't care what anyone says...only way someone doesn't come up for him is if someone comes to that pick for tannehill instead...i don't see cleveland using the #4 pick on blackmon...

MarshallFin1
04-04-2012, 01:04 PM
if he gets to jax at #7 someone will come up for him...i'll stand by that...don't care what anyone says...only way someone doesn't come up for him is if someone comes to that pick for tannehill instead...i don't see cleveland using the #4 pick on blackmon...

seriously? cant remember the last time the browns actually had a dominate WR. So if he makes it to #7, jags could possibly trade that pick but there asking price is going to be too high, its unlikely to happen, again, he could "possibly" drop to us. Even if he did though, unless philbin has some say in who the dolphins take its not happening, i could see philbin taking the BPA but not ireland. Ireland is without a doubt trading down for more picks.