PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins show interest in late round QB BJ Coleman

fisi
04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Numerous NFL scouts and quarterback coaches, as well as a few hundred onlookers, watched former University of Tennessee at Chattanooga quarterback B.J. Coleman perform Monday during the Mocs' pro day. Coleman was unable to throw at the NFL combine in February because of a broken pinkie, but he was sharp on a warm, sunny morning at Finley Stadium. Throwing to former UTC and McCallie teammate Joel Bradford and former Red Bank and Tennessee Tech receiver Tim Benford, among others, Coleman completed his first 15 passes and finished 34-of-43, including two drops. "I felt very polished, very solid," Coleman said. "It feels like a burden has been lifted off, and it feels good to have thrown. Now I'll look forward to the next step." That next step should be some individual workouts for teams. Coleman's agent, Bus Cook, said nothing has been scheduled. The NFL draft is April 26-28. Among the 18 scouts and coaches present were representatives from the Broncos, Titans, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Saints. The Steelers, Falcons, Bears, Seahawks, Dolphins and Vikings all had quarterback coaches present. - John Frierson, The Chattanooga Times Free Press

http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/qb/bj-coleman/

HybridPHIN 23
04-03-2012, 09:48 PM
We were very interested in Tyrod Taylor last year too.... looking for a long term backup i guess.

footsteps_falco
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
coaching staff should do their due dilligence on him, he looks to be the best late round prospect in this draft with a potential starter quality skill set. if we're going to be sitting someone anyone and letting the new staff groom someone, count me on board for this guy

fishbanger
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I like Colman. Maybe fourth round pick if we dont get a QB earlier in he draft.

hooshoops
04-03-2012, 11:12 PM
he's intriguing but i'd prefer ryan lindley...

NoblePhin
04-04-2012, 02:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__GQYD1aRi8

wow, wasn't expecting such an interesting player. He reminds me of a hybrid of Henne/Pennington/Rivers. He has a quick release, very mechanical and precise, and good velocity. What round is he expected to go in?

Roman529
04-04-2012, 02:55 AM
If we don't get Tannehill, Weeden, or Osweiler, Coleman would be my next choice. I think he is better than Cousins or Nick Foles.

ANUFan
04-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Never heard of him but looking at his "highlights" he looks very promising!

TraderJoe
04-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Love his quick release, doesn't seem to really stride into his throws though. His completion % is very avg, maybe somebody could shed some light on that, ie: lousy receivers, style of offense etc.

NorFlaFin
04-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Recruited to Tennessee by David Cutcliffe transferred once Cutcliffe got the Duke job.

Mudder1310
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Coleman has been inconsistent, and a little dinged up. I'd be fine with him in the 4th or 5th, same for Ryan Lindley.

mrbunglez
04-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Anyone with the Name "BJ" needs to at least go by there first name.....especially if it's a dude.