PDA

View Full Version : Sid Rosenberg arrested on DUI charges

Casas9425
04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Broward County police found him passed out drunk on the side of the road at 2 am last night after just having left a strip club according to the Miami Herald. WQAM has decided not to suspend Rosenberg as of yet. Rosenberg was suspended for 3 months last year after plugging a gambling website he owed thousands of dollars too which is a federal offense. How this man hasn't gotten fired from WQAM is beyond me.

Nublar7
04-06-2012, 04:29 PM
I am amazed WQAM keeps him around. After his illegal fax incident, he probably should have been fired.

Harry_Bagpipe
04-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Sid has many many personal demons. Drinking, Gambling, Cocaine. Hes been pretty much run out of NYC radio because of them. WQAM is dying in the ratings so its gonna take a lot before they fire Sid. Have you seen their daily lineup. Its horrid

SkapePhin
04-06-2012, 04:32 PM
hahaha. Wow, this guy is a disaster. He is just crying out for help.

And he claims to love his daughter and family so much, yet he is out at a strip club passed out drunk instead of at home with his family caring for them? This guy needs a reality check.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Sid has many many personal demons. Drinking, Gambling, Cocaine. Hes been pretty much run out of NYC radio because of them. WQAM is dying in the ratings so its gonna take a lot before they fire Sid. Have you seen their daily lineup. Its horrid

I actually like Kup and Goldie. Its a better show than the Jax Show on 790. The rest sucks, though I can't listen to Joe Rose since I live on West Coast.

rob19
04-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't like the idea that people should be fired for their personal life if it doesn't affect their job.

Steveo 90
04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't like the idea that people should be fired for their personal life if it doesn't affect their job.

thats a pretty broad statement,you might want to add some disclaimers to that

J. David Wannyheimer
04-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't like the idea that people should be fired for their personal life if it doesn't affect their job. Getting arrested for DUI will definitely affect your job if you get boycotted by MADD or something.

The Confessor
04-06-2012, 05:05 PM

ESPECIALLY since his job is being a public image, it already has affected it.

The guy has no talent to begin with. Makes me wonder if he has something on his employer or something.....which is also illegal btw.

Casas9425
04-06-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't like the idea that people should be fired for their personal life if it doesn't affect their job.He could've killed someone.

yardlaw
04-06-2012, 05:07 PM
As much as I don't appreciate the vileness, and utter disrespect he has for Dolfans and S Fla fans in general I hope he gets help before he kills himself or someone else. Maybe whichever 'friend' in high places he has at WQAM can ensure that he gets professional help

Casas9425
04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
As much as I don't appreciate the vileness, and utter disrespect he has for Dolfans and S Fla fans in general I hope he gets help before he kills himself or someone else. Maybe whichever 'friend' in high places he has at WQAM can ensure that he gets professional helpJoe Rose did attempt an intervention a few years ago and paid off most of Sid's gambling debts but stopped when he realized that Sid would not stop drinking and gambling which led to a falling out between the two.

SkapePhin
04-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Joe Rose did attempt an intervention a few years ago and paid off most of Sid's gambling debts but stopped when he realized that Sid would not stop drinking and gambling which led to a falling out between the two.

Interesting. Is there an article on this story? I would love to read more...

LANGER72
04-06-2012, 05:24 PM

People that drink alcohol more than socially and use drugs, especially to excess, are not responsible and reliable.

I do not like Sid on the radio, and I do not like the type of family man that he is.
He needs to clean up his act, and stop trying to act like a bald headed teenager.

MP-Omnis
04-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Can't stand listening to that guy. What a moron.

Adam Strange
04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Joe Rose did attempt an intervention a few years ago and paid off most of Sid's gambling debts but stopped when he realized that Sid would not stop drinking and gambling which led to a falling out between the two.
Wow, that was extremely kind of Mr. Rose, really above and beyond the call. Good for him.

Rosenberg should get help, and WQAM should get new hosts. They're a shadow of what they once were.

NRA
04-06-2012, 06:20 PM
PARTY ON SID!!!!!

taking a chance driving after drinking hard is a real bad idea. however, the fact they found him PULLED OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD passed out is a good sign he realized he was not supposed to be on the road, he wasnt passed out behind the wheel at a stop light like BRUCE SMITH of the BUFFALO BILLS was.

there was a guy who i worked with years ago in washington state. an engineer, real bright guy, slide rule in pocket, the whole nine yards. looked almost like NED FLANDERS from the simpsons.

anyhoo, one day a co worker comes in and says, "hey, did you all see this?" and there it was, our bright engineer had been caught loping his mule in a supermarket parking lot by the cops. small town and its on the FRONT PAGE!!! doh!!

he wasnt fired, and you know the upper brass had to know all about it. but, what could they do? wasnt on the company property, wasnt on the job, etc..... . but, the torture we put that guy through [and he had some juice, enough to get most of us fired before this incident was almost unbearable for him. we effectionatly named him SPANKY!!

so everytime he came downstairs and into the lab, someone would yell SPANK!!!! and then another, and another...... . if he was walking down the hall, someone would yell out, SPANK!! and someone, or a couple people would be slapping the side of there leg over and over when he was around.. he had it coming, ya gotta admit. he was in hell and probably wished he had gone to prison to be away from us. sometimes the social fallout can be much worse than a firing or time served.

the real kicker in all of this is, he was supposed to be a real religious guy and made a big stink once about the "language" he would here sometimes in the lab and other departments. so of course, after his public wack job, any time he was in ear shot, salty language was inserted to all conversation! and what could he do? it was all over his face. he knew if he said anything to a person, they would remind him of his date with palmella handerson at the grocery store and wasnt going to suffer that.

unless you have signed a contract in your place of employment saying you will be terminated for any implied offense and it wasnt done on the companys property or in company uniform or vehicle, a person SHOULD NOT lose their job. and in some circumstances, it could be very uncomfortable for employers or fellow employees. like spanky. even tnhough we used him as the company punching bag from there on out, it was creepy being around him. you always wondered what his intentions were and if he had done it before, or something worse! was thefre a roll of duct tape and a broken beer bottle in his trunk and tube of astroglide? bag of candy and a little mermaid doll? and you know the big brass was really tortured as this company is world wide and VERY prominant in local communities and politics. i am sure they would have LOVED to boot him out.

but there is a caviat or two like a person being CONVICTED of murder or rape or child abuse. these things can ruin a company by keeping them on. and of course, a conviction means your not coming back anyways, but like ted bundy, all the evidence is there, its a sure thing and the trial is just a bump in the road, they should be terminated.

but a radio guy who does sports, mostly regional and has a hookers and blow incident or two OFF THE JOB should not be fired. were not talking PEE-WEE HERMAN here.

HISTORIC NOTE:

who were the two most prominant people shot in a theatre in the united states?

abraham lincoln and the guy sitting in front of pee-wee!!!!! :lol:

Vertical Limit
04-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I am amazed WQAM keeps him around. After his illegal fax incident, he probably should have been fired.

You never know what dirt he has on them. Isn't this guy doped up on cocaine all the damn time? He could be providing people inside too.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

PARTY ON SID!!!!!

taking a chance driving after drinking hard is a real bad idea. however, the fact they found him PULLED OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD passed out is a good sign he realized he was not supposed to be on the road, he wasnt passed out behind the wheel at a stop light like BRUCE SMITH of the BUFFALO BILLS was.

there was a guy who i worked with years ago in washington state. an engineer, real bright guy, slide rule in pocket, the whole nine yards. looked almost like NED FLANDERS from the simpsons.

anyhoo, one day a co worker comes in and says, "hey, did you all see this?" and there it was, our bright engineer had been caught loping his mule in a supermarket parking lot by the cops. small town and its on the FRONT PAGE!!! doh!!

he wasnt fired, and you know the upper brass had to know all about it. but, what could they do? wasnt on the company property, wasnt on the job, etc..... . but, the torture we put that guy through [and he had some juice, enough to get most of us fired before this incident was almost unbearable for him. we effectionatly named him SPANKY!!

so everytime he came downstairs and into the lab, someone would yell SPANK!!!! and then another, and another...... . if he was walking down the hall, someone would yell out, SPANK!! and someone, or a couple people would be slapping the side of there leg over and over when he was around.. he had it coming, ya gotta admit. he was in hell and probably wished he had gone to prison to be away from us. sometimes the social fallout can be much worse than a firing or time served.

the real kicker in all of this is, he was supposed to be a real religious guy and made a big stink once about the "language" he would here sometimes in the lab and other departments. so of course, after his public wack job, any time he was in ear shot, salty language was inserted to all conversation! and what could he do? it was all over his face. he knew if he said anything to a person, they would remind him of his date with palmella handerson at the grocery store and wasnt going to suffer that.

unless you have signed a contract in your place of employment saying you will be terminated for any implied offense and it wasnt done on the companys property or in company uniform or vehicle, a person SHOULD NOT lose their job. and in some circumstances, it could be very uncomfortable for employers or fellow employees. like spanky. even tnhough we used him as the company punching bag from there on out, it was creepy being around him. you always wondered what his intentions were and if he had done it before, or something worse! was thefre a roll of duct tape and a broken beer bottle in his trunk and tube of astroglide? bag of candy and a little mermaid doll? and you know the big brass was really tortured as this company is world wide and VERY prominant in local communities and politics. i am sure they would have LOVED to boot him out.

but there is a caviat or two like a person being CONVICTED of murder or rape or child abuse. these things can ruin a company by keeping them on. and of course, a conviction means your not coming back anyways, but like ted bundy, all the evidence is there, its a sure thing and the trial is just a bump in the road, they should be terminated.

but a radio guy who does sports, mostly regional and has a hookers and blow incident or two OFF THE JOB should not be fired. were not talking PEE-WEE HERMAN here.

HISTORIC NOTE:

Man your memory is good to remember that incident on Bruce Smith.

rob19
04-06-2012, 06:25 PM
ESPECIALLY since his job is being a public image, it already has affected it.

The guy has no talent to begin with. Makes me wonder if he has something on his employer or something.....which is also illegal btw.

His job is to talk sports. He regularly admits he's had problems with gambling & cocaine addiction, I don't think he's pretending to be a role-model. Just because someone is a 'public image' doesn't mean they have to be Mr. Rogers. I don't even think Weiner should have resigned after he tweeted his junk.

I actually like him btw, heard a lot of his interviews with Ricky.

He could've killed someone.

Like Donte Stallworth?

DeathStar
04-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Lebatard is much better.

Casas9425
04-06-2012, 06:40 PM
PARTY ON SID!!!!!

HISTORIC NOTE:

Actually I was incorrect originally. He was found passed out in the center lane and was blocking traffic. He was found lying in the middle of the street behind his car in the fetal position.

Casas9425
04-06-2012, 06:43 PM
His job is to talk sports. He regularly admits he's had problems with gambling & cocaine addiction, I don't think he's pretending to be a role-model. Just because someone is a 'public image' doesn't mean they have to be Mr. Rogers. I don't even think Weiner should have resigned after he tweeted his junk.

Like Donte Stallworth?Yes like Stallworth. Last time I checked Sid doesn't play in the NFL.

ohall
04-06-2012, 06:49 PM

Like Donte Stallworth?

Ya, enough said, bro.

dlockz
04-06-2012, 06:57 PM
He could've killed someone.

so could have Ronnie Brown but no one called for him to be cut

rob19
04-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes like Stallworth. Last time I checked Sid doesn't play in the NFL.

I forgot that it's only okay for NFL athletes to drive drunk

phinking
04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Maybe now he will finally get off his high horse and stop calling people derogatory names. He always had a knack for throwing stones while living in a glass house himself.

shanegerard
04-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Loudmouth contrarian New Yorker and all the worst characteristics of one. Stugotz without the charm or humour.

Kdawg954
04-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Sid talks out of both sides of his mouth far too much for me to be a fan of his. That being said, he actually brings decent sports news to the table and he usually has some real good interviews. The Lebatard show can really go off on some other **** and sometimes I just wanna hear sports news.

WQAM's lineup is pretty terrible tho . . . They went from Big Dawg, The Great Gay One, Mad Dawg and the The Hammer to Big Dawg, Irvin and Curtis, Goldie and some guy and Sid. They really have fell down over the years (of course 2 of them died, but one already left the station before and Hammer went to ESPN).

Vaark
04-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Sid talks out of both sides of his mouth far too much for me to be a fan of his. That being said, he actually brings decent sports news to the table and he usually has some real good interviews. The Lebatard show can really go off on some other **** and sometimes I just wanna hear sports news.

WQAM's lineup is pretty terrible tho . . . They went from Big Dawg, The Great Gay One, Mad Dawg and the The Hammer to Big Dawg, Irvin and Curtis, Goldie and some guy and Sid. They really have fell down over the years (of course 2 of them died, but one already left the station before and Hammer went to ESPN).

RIP Neil... in their respective primes, funnier and more clever than Stern! (and he knew his sports)

Kdawg954
04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
RIP Neil... in their respective primes, funnier and more clever than Stern! (and he knew his sports)

Neil was one of the GOAT. Knew more about sports than all of the QAM/790 lineup combined and he was incredibly entertaining. That lineup kept QAM #1 in the market for many years, yet when raise time came they wanted to chop salary . . . I guess karma is a bitch.

DphinBillkiller
04-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Ol Sid is a wildman.

Harry_Bagpipe
04-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Neil was one of the GOAT. Knew more about sports than all of the QAM/790 lineup combined and he was incredibly entertaining. That lineup kept QAM #1 in the market for many years, yet when raise time came they wanted to chop salary . . . I guess karma is a bitch.

Neil used to be great until he became a liberal propaganda machine who just read newspaper and magazine articles all day. Phil Hendrie was great.

X-Pacolypse
04-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I wish I could have some sympathy for the guy, but I don't. He should be fired.

MIAdolphin89
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Actually I was incorrect originally. He was found passed out in the center lane and was blocking traffic. He was found lying in the middle of the street behind his car in the fetal position.

How did they charge him with DUI then if he was found outside of his car?

NY8123
04-06-2012, 09:26 PM
hahaha. Wow, this guy is a disaster. He is just crying out for help.

And he claims to love his daughter and family so much, yet he is out at a strip club passed out drunk instead of at home with his family caring for them? This guy needs a reality check.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I actually like Kup and Goldie. Its a better show than the Jax Show on 790. The rest sucks, though I can't listen to Joe Rose since I live on West Coast.

Maybe his daughter works at the club. Lol.

DeathStar
04-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Plus Power 96 lost DJ Laz who wanted to go his own way doing music...

Beasley (parent of 96.5 and WQAM) is a disaster now...

Challenger74
04-06-2012, 10:32 PM
I hope they don't give Adam Cooperstein more air time. He horrible..

DeathStar
04-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope they don't give Adam Cooperstein more air time. He horrible..

Yea he is awful.

His contract won't be renewed.

Jax is not that bad on 790...

790 just kicks their ass from morning to night...

Austin Tatious
04-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Nobody is surprised by this. Sid is in the "its a matter of time" category. As judgmental as he is about other people, its ironic what a train wreck he is. It's sad. He's out at a strip club when he has a family. It's like he is determined to let his demons take everything away from him.

FINOMINAL
04-06-2012, 11:40 PM
His show is embarrassing tolisten to unless you are alone, just take note of the sponsors on his show. Itis not classy. RIP Jim Mandich, Neil and QAM. Joe Rose is all they’ve got now.

dolphinbryan
04-06-2012, 11:44 PM
sid your my boy please don't drink and drive brother call a taxi!

ohall
04-06-2012, 11:58 PM

Really, are you sure you want to go as far as to say no one?

But seriously, defending scumbag activities is kind of a...

ohall
04-07-2012, 12:01 AM

I didn't realize Neil had died. Makes me kind of sad. He was such a funny guy.

ohall
04-07-2012, 12:03 AM

Who do you think drove the car there, the side of the road, Santa Claus?

The Confessor
04-07-2012, 12:11 AM

But seriously, defending scumbag activities is kind of a... hard habit to break?

The guy is a talentless hack that likes to call out everybody else. Hope he has to go to one of those he has talked crap about and beg for a job after this. Might do him some good actually.

ohall
04-07-2012, 12:39 AM
hard habit to break?

The guy is a talentless hack that likes to call out everybody else. Hope he has to go to one of those he has talked crap about and beg for a job after this. Might do him some good actually.

Really, driving is a hard habit to break?

I could give a **** about what he consumes, just stay off the roads where my children play.

J. David Wannyheimer
04-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Neil used to be great until he became a liberal propaganda machine who just read newspaper and magazine articles all day. Phil Hendrie was great. I don't know that there will ever be another radio talent like Phil Hendrie. And to be honest, given how obsessively his fans record and archive his stuff, I'm not sure there needs to be.

snake eyes
04-07-2012, 01:08 AM
he is a jerk off

dlockz
04-07-2012, 01:57 AM

But seriously, defending scumbag activities is kind of a...

Well a very very very very very small minority maybe one percent of the board. Im not defending drunk driving personally I have no problem with jail time for anybody that gets a dui, Im in a profession where you will lose your job and more if you get a dui. I personally think the penalties for drunk driving are not enough I was just pointing out how nobody called for Brown to lose his job when he got a DUI. When have I defended all of anybodies scumbag activities , I have called Marshall a scumbag since he has been here but Im not the one that invested 2 second round picks and tons of money on a guy that we all knew was a scumbag.

sharp
04-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Actually I remember quite a hefty thread and back and forth convo about ronnie screwing up. People were saying it was racist, the cop had nothing else to do, ronnie was a jackass... ronnie could have killed someone... all of that. He blew like a .12 or something, but whats odd is if someone blows a .07, it wouldn't be reported and if it was that someone was pulled over and checked for a DUI and blew that, its nothing. If he blows a .08, he's a jackass, hes gonna kill someone, fire him.

Who's to say what type of person can drive coherently with a .05 or a .18? I don't like Sid and to be "passed out" he was probably blowing over a .25

Thats not cool, but if we are going to make a law on such numbers, i think as people who judge also need to take that into consideration. I would be certain a ton of people say if you even drink one, don't drive at all. Fine, but change the law then.

MetalKev
04-07-2012, 02:17 AM
woooooo Fire that new yorker all he did was talk **** about miami sports teams anyways send him back to new york

The Confessor
04-07-2012, 08:25 AM

I could give a **** about what he consumes, just stay off the roads where my children play.

No, I followed your quote.

IN CONTEXT,

"But seriously, defending scumbag activities is kind of a...hard habit to break?'

Harry_Bagpipe
04-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't know that there will ever be another radio talent like Phil Hendrie. And to be honest, given how obsessively his fans record and archive his stuff, I'm not sure there needs to be.

Well that's the thing that really speaks to how talented he was. In a business where people are constantly copying and trying to emulate the popular format, noone even attempted to do what Hendrie did because they simply couldn't. Any talentless hack can go on the air and talk about T & A and use 3rd grade toilet humor but I still haven't seen someone try to pull off what Hendrie did.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard listening during his WIOD days. The stuff he came up with and the reaction from callers, he was the original and master troll

MIAdolphin89
04-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Who do you think drove the car there, the side of the road, Santa Claus?

Just saying you generally have to be behind the wheel of a running vehicle to be charged/convicted of DUI.

Zounds
04-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Sid is a natural douche, and it has nothing to do with his drinking or drug problem. I don't care about his personal life and I think his interviews are ok.

PerfectFinz72
04-07-2012, 09:12 AM

I don't think you thought that statement through......what he did has a trickle down effect on his actual job.

ohall
04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Just saying you generally have to be behind the wheel of a running vehicle to be charged/convicted of DUI.

If the car was at the side of the road, someone drove it there. If it's his car, and he is passed out next to it, it's not a leap in logic to imply he drove his car there while impaired. Hence the DUI charge.

If he was still in the parking lot of the strip bar, I could see your point.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

No, I followed your quote.

IN CONTEXT,

lol ya I think you missed the main point.

J. David Wannyheimer
04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Well that's the thing that really speaks to how talented he was. In a business where people are constantly copying and trying to emulate the popular format, noone even attempted to do what Hendrie did because they simply couldn't. Any talentless hack can go on the air and talk about T & A and use 3rd grade toilet humor but I still haven't seen someone try to pull off what Hendrie did.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard listening during his WIOD days. The stuff he came up with and the reaction from callers, he was the original and master troll

He's still on the air out in California, but the time he clowned Larry King live on the air over the Don Shula thing is still easily the best thing I've ever heard on radio.

SpurzN703
04-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Unless he parked his car out in the middle of traffic, got out, went to the club, got lit in there, then walked back to his car, in traffic, and passed out behind his car.....

he drove while being ****ed up.

Gsmack_42
04-07-2012, 12:12 PM

What kind of parent lets there kids play on the road. Non the less at 2 in the morning.

Harry_Bagpipe
04-07-2012, 12:20 PM
He's still on the air out in California, but the time he clowned Larry King live on the air over the Don Shula thing is still easily the best thing I've ever heard on radio.

Ya. I still can catch his show on national radio networks. Its not as character driven as it used to be since 2008. One of my favs during the WIOD days was when people would call the station asking to speak to the station manager or program director to complain about him. He would then pretend to be the station manager and piss them off even more. I remember one time the guest came on trying to say that more time should be given between a child being missing and actually doing the amber alert. The calls he got then were hysterical. Bobbie Dooley, Ted Bell etc. His characters had such distinctive personalities that unless you knew the gag, they were as convincing as it gets.

Adam Strange
04-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Ya. I still can catch his show on national radio networks. Its not as character driven as it used to be since 2008. One of my favs during the WIOD days was when people would call the station asking to speak to the station manager or program director to complain about him. He would then pretend to be the station manager and piss them off even more. I remember one time the guest came on trying to say that more time should be given between a child being missing and actually doing the amber alert. The calls he got then were hysterical. Bobbie Dooley, Ted Bell etc. His characters had such distinctive personalities that unless you knew the gag, they were as convincing as it gets.
I think Hendrie's bits during the Miami days c. 1994-1996 are the best he's done. And yes, some of the most amazing out of those were the totally ad-libbed ones he'd do when someone called the station, whether to complain or sometimes via a wrong number.

He's certainly unparalleled when it comes to comedic brilliance and sheer comedic talent. But Neil Rogers was also one of the GOAT, as Hendrie himself has said more than once.

Harry_Bagpipe
04-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I think Hendrie's bits during the Miami days c. 1994-1996 are the best he's done. And yes, some of the most amazing out of those were the totally ad-libbed ones he'd do when someone called the station, whether to complain or sometimes via a wrong number.

He's certainly unparalleled when it comes to comedic brilliance and sheer comedic talent. But Neil Rogers was also one of the GOAT, as Hendrie himself has said more than once.

Ya. I agree. Those WIOD days were priceless with Phil and Neil. The Bridgetender, the Ebonics song. Even Rick and Suds are better than whats out there now. Wish Hendrie would of stayed but you knew he was going national sooner or later.

J Tes
04-07-2012, 12:46 PM
What kind of parent lets there kids play on the road. Non the less at 2 in the morning.
Wow! You are ignorant

Dbest
04-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Unless he parked his car out in the middle of traffic, got out, went to the club, got lit in there, then walked back to his car, in traffic, and passed out behind his car.....

he drove while being ****ed up.

Maybe his wife was driving the car and parked it on the side of the road while he was passed out in a successful attempt to get him arrested, stranger things have happened.

CANDolphan
04-07-2012, 02:54 PM

This is an odd stance to take considering the circumstances which you're making the statement... he's a public figure, yet you don't think his public perception "affects [his] job"?

rob19
04-07-2012, 03:27 PM
This is an odd stance to take considering the circumstances which you're making the statement... he's a public figure, yet you don't think his public perception "affects [his] job"?

I don't think it affects his performance. It may affect other people's attitude towards him, but not his actual ability to preform his job. So I'd say let the people decide, if his ratings decline because of this, then let him go; but if he still has decent ratings, then keep him. I'm not advocating drunk driving by any means, but I have a problem when places of work feel the need to punish an individual beyond the judiciary system we already have in place. I think there's obviously exceptions, but this guy doesn't pander primarily to children or anything, & I think we've become somewhat over sensitive as a society, & have a problem with dehumanizing people in the 'public-eye' by idolizing them and putting them on an unrealistic puritanical pedestal.

dlockz
04-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't think it affects his performance. It may affect other people's attitude towards him, but not his actual ability to preform his job. So I'd say let the people decide, if his ratings decline because of this, then let him go; but if he still has decent ratings, then keep him. I'm not advocating drunk driving by any means, but I have a problem when places of work feel the need to punish an individual beyond the judiciary system we already have in place. I think there's obviously exceptions, but this guy doesn't pander primarily to children or anything, & I think we've become somewhat over sensitive as a society, & have a problem with dehumanizing people in the 'public-eye' by idolizing them and putting them on an unrealistic puritanical pedestal.

I have no problem with an employer holding their workers to a higher standard esp when one is very dependent on the opinions of thier listeners. I just want them to be consistent. Dont for example trade a wr that has had some issues just to sign a running back that has had some issues.

Bonedoc7777
04-07-2012, 03:36 PM
addiction is a big monkey on anyones back, just pray for him and his family, he needs help

Notso
04-07-2012, 04:28 PM
idk what all of you are on, but Sid is great on radio... and if you're so blinded by your homerism to appreciate it, then i'm sorry

DeathStar
04-07-2012, 04:31 PM
"he police report said an officer was called to the scene after Rosenberg was spotted sitting in the driver's side of his vehicle with the door open and the engine running. His car was in the center through lane of 63rd Avenue, obstructing traffic."

Full details below.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/04/dolphins-summon-three-top-draft-prospects-and-two-veteran-lbs-um-heat-marlins.html#storylink=addthis%23storylink=cpy

The DUI charge is justified.

"Asked if he will be suspended, WQAM program director Lee Feldman said, "Not as of right now." WQAM general manager Joe Bell declined to comment beyond saying he would be back on the air."

LOL...If he wasn't fired for his payola garbage...I guess they need ratings...

Harry_Bagpipe
04-07-2012, 04:43 PM
idk what all of you are on, but Sid is great on radio... and if you're so blinded by your homerism to appreciate it, then i'm sorry

thanks for stopping by Sid, good luck in battling your demons

The Confessor
04-07-2012, 07:16 PM

I honestly don't know what type of crap you listen to that makes Sid so great. Quite honestly, the media in SoFlo in general is absolute CRAP! Beautiful part of the Country, rich in history and pride, but your media absolutely sucks!

dlockz
04-07-2012, 07:19 PM
I honestly don't know what type of crap you listen to that makes Sid so great. Quite honestly, the media in SoFlo in general is absolute CRAP! Beautiful part of the Country, rich in history and pride, but your media absolutely sucks!

Maybe the media has tried to be at the level of the way the dolphins have been ran lol. Im not from Miami so I dont really know but seems no worse than anywhere else well except for Omar kelly who just doesnt have a clue(like his latest article on this being the deepest wr draft in a decade ugh)

The Confessor
04-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Maybe the media has tried to be at the level of the way the dolphins have been ran lol. Im not from Miami so I dont really know but seems no worse than anywhere else well except for Omar kelly who just doesnt have a clue(like his latest article on this being the deepest wr draft in a decade ugh)

I've listened to WQAM, I've listened to 770 (Who try like HELL to be www.theticket.com ).

Oh-Mahr and Arm-And-Oh are all hacks. I have heard DJ's in major markets like Denver and freakin Albuquerque that absolutely PUT THEM TO SHAME.

Take a walk on the wild side lockz. Go listen to www.theticket.com here in Dallas on a weekday. You will immediately be blown away and never ever turn back to those media hacks ever again. They are the Europe NFL to the real NFL>

dlockz
04-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I've listened to WQAM, I've listened to 770 (Who try like HELL to be www.theticket.com (http://www.theticket.com) ).

Oh-Mahr and Arm-And-Oh are all hacks. I have heard DJ's in major markets like Denver and freakin Albuquerque that absolutely PUT THEM TO SHAME.

Take a walk on the wild side lockz. Go listen to www.theticket.com (http://www.theticket.com) here in Dallas on a weekday. You will immediately be blown away and never ever turn back to those media hacks ever again. They are the Europe NFL to the real NFL>

Miss me some Todd Wright who used to work for espn and was local to tampa orlando area years ago. The most knowledgable sports host I have ever listened to. Most of the guys are all about creating an image, he was just pure knowlegde.

Notso
04-07-2012, 10:49 PM

Attack the post, not the poster

idk, maybe because he tells it like it is, gives an outside perspective on a team that he's not blinded by homerism over. He says one bad thing about the fins and everyone goes bat**** crazy, then they turn to the fact that he's a New Yorker and has had drug/alchohol problems to try to justify themselves. ... all i ask out of my radio host is to be honest, know what he's talking about, and be entertaining. and sid fufills that... thats the end of my rant

Harry_Bagpipe
04-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Attack the post, not the poster

idk, maybe because he tells it like it is, gives an outside perspective on a team that he's not blinded by homerism over. He says one bad thing about the fins and everyone goes bat**** crazy, then they turn to the fact that he's a New Yorker and has had drug/alchohol problems to try to justify themselves. ... all i ask out of my radio host is to be honest, know what he's talking about, and be entertaining. and sid fufills that... thats the end of my rant

Saying "one" bad thing about the phins has nothing to do with it. Lebatard criticizes the dolphins ad naseum but still is well liked by many dolphin fans. Sid has no originality at all. He's a Stern wannabe who adds little value or substance.

ohall
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM

ROFL I don't even know where to start. Ya, you are right, I need to stop letting the kids out of their locked rooms!

SpurzN703
04-08-2012, 12:40 AM

Did you stop to think that ohall might be in his 40s or 50s which would put his kids around the ages anywhere from 16-30?

ohall
04-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Maybe his wife was driving the car and parked it on the side of the road while he was passed out in a successful attempt to get him arrested, stranger things have happened.

No it was either Batman or Spider-Man that drove his car...

SpurzN703
04-08-2012, 12:41 AM

Yeah. It's a conspiracy. Totally.

I must admit this is the first time I've ever heard of a DUI occurrence being a crock of **** that was all a lie and the driver in question has been framed.

ohall
04-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Did you stop to think that ohall might be in his 40s or 50s which would put his kids around the ages anywhere from 16-30?

It wouldn't matter if they were 5 years old. People who drink and drive do it at all times of day. Children ride and walk back and forth to school. The implication that person made is one of the most amazing things I've ever read on this MBoard.

A total and complete scumbag like Sid get's the pass but little children or their parents are in fact the real issue to some ppl. The thought process is simply amazing and offensive.

dolphans1
04-08-2012, 02:58 AM
DWI laws in my opinion have totally gotten way out of control, and lets face it, it is a multimillion dollar business for both lawyers and prosecutors to make lots of money.

In the 60's and 70's this is would have been a no charge event.

Not sure if many of you know, but a DWI or DUI is a criminal offense, which in short, means its a crime that is punishable by jail-time (fines).

If you are out after midnight, and you get pulled over for a minor offense, like no turn signal violation or rolling a stop sign, and the second you admit to having a beer or two, more likely than not, based on the field sobriety test administered by the arresting officer, your pretty much going to get arrested and you're going to go to jail.

What many of you may or not know is, that it is in fact legal to drink and drive, and what I mean by that is, you can go to a club or bar and have a few drinks and get in your vehicle and be okay to drive home and that its legal.

The issue is or game being played is not being over the legal limit of .08.

Back in the old days, the legal limit was .12, so why the change....?

The theory was, too many people were beating the rap or getting off.

My opinion, Millions of people drink and drive everyday, but its that small percentage, that unfortunately kills someone, suddenly it becomes a poster child to making it a serious criminal offense.(typically they have a combination of alcohol and drugs if this happens.)

Personally, and its just a thought, but maybe liquor sales should be totally banned from being sold at bars and make it a lot more difficult(ban) to sell liquor at bars or stadiums etc
d-1

Arsenal WV
04-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Why move this to the lounge?

The Confessor
04-08-2012, 09:02 AM
DWI laws in my opinion have totally gotten way out of control, and lets face it, it is a multimillion dollar business for both lawyers and prosecutors to make lots of money.

In the 60's and 70's this is would have been a no charge event.

Not sure if many of you know, but a DWI or DUI is a criminal offense, which in short, means its a crime that is punishable by jail-time (fines).

If you are out after midnight, and you get pulled over for a minor offense, like no turn signal violation or rolling a stop sign, and the second you admit to having a beer or two, more likely than not, based on the field sobriety test administered by the arresting officer, your pretty much going to get arrested and you're going to go to jail.

What many of you may or not know is, that it is in fact legal to drink and drive, and what I mean by that is, you can go to a club or bar and have a few drinks and get in your vehicle and be okay to drive home and that its legal.

The issue is or game being played is not being over the legal limit of .08.

Back in the old days, the legal limit was .12, so why the change....?

The theory was, too many people were beating the rap or getting off.

My opinion, Millions of people drink and drive everyday, but its that small percentage, that unfortunately kills someone, suddenly it becomes a poster child to making it a serious criminal offense.(typically they have a combination of alcohol and drugs if this happens.)

Personally, and its just a thought, but maybe liquor sales should be totally banned from being sold at bars and make it a lot more difficult(ban) to sell liquor at bars or stadiums etc
d-1

Well, NO.

Actually, back in "The good old days", you could actually drink and drive...that is, you could have a cooler in your front seat, open a beer and drink it while driving down the road.
Then they changed to the law that made it illegal for the driver to drink while driving, but a passenger certainly could.

Sorry, but your entire argument is not very well thought out.

Millions of people die every year due to DWI.

Thats not to say that everybody that has a beer and drives home is a criminal. The act of getting S-faced and THEN driving home is very very criminal.

I'd say the fact that he was passed out behind the wheel tends to lead me to the fact this dirtbag was well beyond whatever limit you find adequate. I could be wrong, and he could've been sleeping......I'm just much more inclined to believe he was sleeping it off more than anything.

Nublar7
04-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Sid got suspended one week from WQAM.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/04/monday-update-wqam-suspends-rosenberg-wade-expects-to-play.html

Dolfan3773
04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
790 blows them out the water...that's all I listen to. I listen to the Michael Irvin show only because it's Michael Irvin.

ohall
04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Sid got suspended one week from WQAM.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/04/monday-update-wqam-suspends-rosenberg-wade-expects-to-play.html

lol a week? I bet they asked him to go to some program too.

What a joke.

The Confessor
04-10-2012, 05:22 AM
790 blows them out the water...that's all I listen to. I listen to the Michael Irvin show only because it's Michael Irvin.

You listen to the Michael Irvin show just because its Michael Irvin? Seriously???

Did you have to have a translater installed so you can understand WTF he's saying?

JTech194
04-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Hey, I'm not one to kick a guy when he's down but I feel it necessary to point out the fact that Most of these talk show host are soooooo critical of players when they make bad decisions as if they themselves don't and are perfect. I've heard Sid get on his soapbox and preach about how DUMB and STUPID guys are that get arrested for DUI's. Well I guess this puts him right there with those "Dumb" and "Stupid" athletes. The moral of the story is, don't throw stones when you're living in a glass house. SMDH

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-04-09/sports/fl-sid-rosenberg-dui-arrest-20120409_1_dui-arrest-sid-rosenberg-wqam

SpurzN703
04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
It wouldn't matter if they were 5 years old. People who drink and drive do it at all times of day. Children ride and walk back and forth to school. The implication that person made is one of the most amazing things I've ever read on this MBoard.

A total and complete scumbag like Sid get's the pass but little children or their parents are in fact the real issue to some ppl. The thought process is simply amazing and offensive.

My point exactly. Now 5 year olds in the middle of the street wouldn't make sense at any hour but their ages should be irrelevant when talking about drunk driving

SpurzN703
04-10-2012, 10:27 AM

Back in the old days, the legal limit was .12, so why the change....? The theory was, too many people were beating the rap or getting off.

In 2009 at least.....:

This year, 10,839 people will die in drunk-driving crashes - one every 50 minutes.

http://www.madd.org/statistics/

nyjunc
04-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Sid is actually a pretty good guy when he is sober, he has so many issues though and it's not going to end well for him.

ohall
04-10-2012, 02:47 PM
In 2009 at least.....:

http://www.madd.org/statistics/

Yes, sorry that post wasn't directed at you whatsoever.

SpurzN703
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes, sorry that post wasn't directed at you whatsoever.

I know, I quoted dolphans1 regarding the change in BAC from .12 to .08. Anyone who has a problem with the BAC being .08 probably needs to stop drinking so much.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Sid is actually a pretty good guy when he is sober, he has so many issues though and it's not going to end well for him.

I've seen firsthand how booze can **** people and relationships up. It's a frigging shame how bad alcohol can be when abused.

nyjunc
04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I know, I quoted dolphans1 regarding the change in BAC from .12 to .08. Anyone who has a problem with the BAC being .08 probably needs to stop drinking so much.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I've seen firsthand how booze can **** people and relationships up. It's a frigging shame how bad alcohol can be when abused.

yeah and it wasn't just alcohol w/ him. It's sad to see

Dolfan3773
04-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Sid got canned

ohall
04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Sid got canned

Really?

Good for them if that's true.