PDA

View Full Version : I just had the best win of the year!

TerryTate
02-06-2004, 01:42 AM
OMG, I match up with this guy on hte PC platform (no one could touch me on the PC format, for one...I can put surtain/madison on Slot REcievers :D), anyways hes the vikes...and I cant figure out how to defend this guy....He breaks out to a 14-0 lead pretty early, I get a FG before halftime to get on the board....

So at 14-3 at the start of the 3rd he kicks it back, and we exchange possessions, he always goes for it on 4th down sicne I had trouble stopping him all day, but I stop him at mid-field....I heave a shot downfield to McKnight, and it deflects off of his hands then a defenders and bounces back to his, and he rolls in for a TD....

I kick it back and then Daunte drops back on the first play from scrimmage, and Moss is covered, so he gets drilled by Wally Ogunleye in the endzone for a safety, and I get the ball back, the score now being 14-12. I drive down and kick the leading FG to make it 15-14.

With a 1:10 left, fresh off of a drive where Randy Moss and Bates came alive, he lines up for a FG to essentially win the game, and I line up Marion and Zach Thomas over the left guard, hoping to make something happen....Zach comes flying through, blocks hte kick, I recover...game over :) First time I had EVER blocked a Kick, and couldnt of come at a better time....my opponent was 110 games over .500 and he said tha he couldnt believe it, hes never gotten a kick blocked before....

What a win :)