PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys excited about Tannehill because...

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 04:24 PM
He's the only guy left after striking out on PM, MF, and RG3?

I don't get why there's semen clouds hovering over Miami because of this guy, tbh.

Spesh
04-08-2012, 04:34 PM

I don't get why there's semen clouds hovering over Miami because of this guy, tbh.

If there are those clouds floating around, id never leave the house.

To answer your question: yes. And because Sherman coached him.

Vertical Limit
04-08-2012, 04:36 PM
He's a second round prospect that got lucky some guys didn't declare but we have to take risks. There's a chance he will be JP Losman Part 2, but oh well.. we need to take the risk.

mrbunglez
04-08-2012, 04:38 PM
At least he's not Fitzpatrick........

hooshoops
04-08-2012, 04:40 PM
i'd worry about that bad contract to fitzpatrick if i was you...

jlfin
04-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Part of being an NFL personnel guy is having the ability to not only see what a player is, but what a player can be. The only knock on Tannehill is his relatively few starts. He's got prototype size, arm strength and above exceptional athleticism and mobility for the position. According to Sherman, he's also very intelligent and a quick study. So in a nutshell he's a prospect with the potential to be elite. That potential alone already makes him a better pick than the poster children for journeymen QB's i.e Matt Flynn and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
I was watching the mock draft on NFL network and several of they guys stating that the Seahawks will pounce on Tannehill if Cleveland and Miami pass on him. What does that tell you about the Seahawks' faith in Flynn as a long term option?

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Part of being an NFL personnel guy is having the ability to not only see what a player is, but what a player can be. The only knock on Tannehill is his relatively few starts. He's got prototype size, arm strength and above exceptional athleticism and mobility for the position. According to Sherman, he's also very intelligent and a quick study. So in a nutshell he's a prospect with the potential to be elite. That potential alone already makes him a better pick than the poster children for journeymen QB's i.e Matt Flynn and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
I was watching the mock draft on NFL network and several of they guys stating that the Seahawks will pounce on Tannehill if Cleveland and Miami pass on him. What does that tell you about the Seahawks' faith in Flynn as a long term option?

Sherman and Tannehill combined to woefully underachieve in a terrible defensive conference. That team lost almost every close game they were in:lol:

:lol:Big 12 QBs
:lol:at least he'll probably be better than RG3 though, for obvious reasons

hooshoops
04-08-2012, 04:52 PM
the seahawks will not take tannehill at #12 after paying flynn...what it tells me is that you shouldn't be so gullible to believe that garbage

jlfin
04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Sherman and Tannehill combined to woefully underachieve in a terrible defensive conference. That team lost almost every close game they were in:lol:

Sounds like you are whistling (or snickering) past the graveyard. As a Bills fan why should you even give a rats behind who the Phins draft?

jlfin
04-08-2012, 05:01 PM
the seahawks will not take tannehill at #12 after paying flynn...what it tells me is that you shouldn't be so gullible to believe that garbage

The consensus around the NFL was that the Seahawks did NOT go overboard in paying Flynn. You and I have NO idea what the Phins or Seahawks are thinking.
My own personal preference would be to trade out of that 8th pick and get another 2nd rounder, then draft Tannehill in the middle of the 1st rd (in a perfect world)

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Sounds like you are whistling (or snickering) past the graveyard. As a Bills fan why should you even give a rats behind who the Phins draft?

umm...b/c you're a division rival maybe?

If the Bills drafted Tannehill I would consider becoming a Dolphin fan...he's det bad imho

hooshoops
04-08-2012, 05:03 PM
The consensus around the NFL was that the Seahawks did NOT go overboard in paying Flynn. You and I have NO idea what the Phins or Seahawks are thinking.
My own personal preference would be to trade out of that 8th pick and get another 2nd rounder, then draft Tannehill in the middle of the 1st rd (in a perfect world)

i don't care what the consensus is...they gave flynn $10 mil guaranteed and $8.7 mil per over 3 years to come in and be their guy for 2012 at least...you don't undermine that signing and your qb ie flynn by using your top pick on what you hope will replace him...

that makes zero damn sense...

hemidemon
04-08-2012, 05:07 PM

Why don't you tell us what happened in thiose losses. This is a team sport. Was it all Tannehill's fault or what?

MP-Omnis
04-08-2012, 05:08 PM
When I look at Tannehill, I see someone who is at best Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers, and at worst Jeff Garcia. It's good to be athletic.

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Why don't you tell us what happened in thiose losses. This is a team sport. Was it all Tannehill's fault or what?

I see the clouds have formed over your casa as well:lol:

jlfin
04-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I see the clouds have formed over your casa as well:lol:

I would take Tannehill, Weeden, Cousins, Foles, Lindley as my long term prospect over Fitzpatrick and possibly even Osweiler. Fitzpatrick had a nice run UNTIL defensive coordinators figured him out. He's physically limited (sounds just like Flynn) and could not adjust. The Bills prematurely gave him a lot of money with only a limited body of work (again, like Flynn).

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 05:21 PM
I would take Tannehill, Weeden, Cousins, Foles, Lindley as my long term prospect over Fitzpatrick and possibly even Osweiler. Fitzpatrick had a nice run UNTIL defensive coordinators figured him out. He's physically limited (sounds just like Flynn) and could not adjust. The Bills prematurely gave him a lot of money with only a limited body of work (again, like Flynn).

I'll take Fitz over any Big 12 QB...you might have a case for the others

ojmcduffy
04-08-2012, 05:33 PM
gisele said her husband couldn't throw it and catch the ball to, so why would you expect tannehill to. I take your opinions with a grabn of salt because i know you sleep under a jim kelly fathead every night. As far as big 12 qbs go if youd take fitz over bradford your an idiot.

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 05:40 PM
gisele said her husband couldn't throw it and catch the ball to, so why would you expect tannehill to. I take your opinions with a grabn of salt because i know you sleep under a jim kelly fathead every night. As far as big 12 qbs go if youd take fitz over bradford your an idiot.

So now you're getting your football opinions from Gisele Bundchen?:lol:

Also, I don't own any fatheads but aren't they made for the wall?

Lots of derp in your post.

Vaark
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
umm...b/c you're a division rival maybe?

If the Bills drafted Tannehill I would consider becoming a Dolphin fan...he's det bad imho
Talk is cheap considering you're still hanging in there after that ridiculous Fitzy contract and the way he subsequently crapped the bed! Or does that not count cause you're already stuck with him?

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Talk is cheap considering you're still hanging in there after that ridiculous Fitzy contract and the way he subsequently crapped the bed! Or does that not count cause you're already stuck with him?

Do finfans always move the goalposts like this?:lol:

Fitzpatrick has nothing to do with Tannehill coming from a conference that breeds garbage NFL QBs. Make a thread about Fitz, and I will gladly talk about how he heroically played through injury--even as the entire team around him landed on IR.

DefensiveEnd76
04-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I read somewhere that Tannehill is drawing comparisons to former Arizona QB Jake Plummer. If he is the next Plummer then we had better not draft him with the 8th overall pick!!!

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Do finfans always move the goalposts like this?:lol:

Fitzpatrick has nothing to do with Tannehill coming from a conference that breeds garbage NFL QBs. Make a thread about Fitz, and I will gladly talk about how he heroically played through injury--even as the entire team around him landed on IR.

At least Fitzpatrick has had some success in the NFL whereas Tannehill is a complete unknown who has even limited college experience.

ojmcduffy
04-08-2012, 06:11 PM
So now you're getting your football opinions from Gisele Bundchen?:lol:

Also, I don't own any fatheads but aren't they made for the wall?

Lots of derp in your post.

notice you didn't pump your boy fitz over bradfard.

CirclingWagons
04-08-2012, 06:16 PM
notice you didn't pump your boy fitz over bradfard.

Bradford is garbage, like every other Big 12 QB. Do your homework.

Emanauguste
04-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Not excited at all

ojmcduffy
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Bradford is garbage, like every other Big 12 QB. Do your homework.
yeah bradford is garbage but hes still better than fitz.

rent this space
04-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Same old uninformed blather about the big 12...

CirclingWagons
04-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Same old uninformed blather about the big 12...

Same old blind hope from a blind homer.

I'm right and the statistics support my argument. You sound like a naive teenage girl..."buh-buh-but maybe he's different!":lol:

Tunaphish429
04-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I watch Tannehill play a little bit and I think he can be a good qb in this league..Idk that he is going to be Dan Marino...but like some posters have pointed out that he has upside..He played in a pro style offense with some spread elements..He is extremly athletic, he has a good arm and good size...He is not polished but him coming to Mike Sherman his head coach in college is a huge advantage IMO....Like I said I dont know that ppl are expecting him to set records or go to four straight super bowls and lose them like your boy Jimbo. Most fans on this site get excited for what a 6th rounder can do..so why would we not be excited about a 1st rounder? I have talked to plenty Bills fans who were excited about taking Maybin over Orakpo..Taking a running back in the 1st round when you have 2 pretty good ones on your roster at the time....

rent this space
04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Same old blind hope from a blind homer.

I'm right and the statistics support my argument. You sound like a naive teenage girl..."buh-buh-but maybe he's different!":lol: you try to insult someone by calling them a girl? uh-oh, does someone have issues with the opposite sex? what's the matter- didn't she like you "that way"? LOL
it's ok- don't give up, I'm sure there's someone out there for even you...

CirclingWagons
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
you try to insult someone by calling them a girl? uh-oh, does someone have issues with the opposite sex? what's the matter- didn't she like you "that way"? LOL
it's ok- don't give up, I'm sure there's someone out there for even you...

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you always stop making sense when flustered and faced with concrete facts?

rent this space
04-11-2012, 06:57 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you always stop making sense when flustered and faced with concrete facts?looks like the only fact you know about Ryan Tannehill is what conference he came from. I'm sooo flustered

CirclingWagons
04-11-2012, 06:59 PM
looks like the only fact you know about Ryan Tannehill is what conference he came from. I'm sooo flustered

That's all I need, no?

Show me a Big 12 QB who doesn't suck and you might have a point.