PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Grassley calls the president 'stupid'

BAMAPHIN 22
04-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Iowa's senior senator and prolific Tweeter, Republican Chuck Grassley, sent a harshly worded message Saturday that intentionally slighted the president.Aides say Grassley personally Tweeted: "Constituents askd why i am not outraged at PresO attack on supreme court independence. Bcause Am ppl r not stupid as this x prof of con law."http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/08/11082601-sen-grassley-calls-the-president-stupid?lite

LANGER72
04-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Well at least Obama cannot do much about it. Grassley doesn't work for him.

Tetragrammaton
04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
"Constituents askd why i am not outraged at PresO attack on supreme court independence. Bcause Am ppl r not stupid as this x prof of con law."

I can't see how anyone who talks like that can call anyone stupid.

jared81
04-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I can't see how anyone who talks like that can call anyone stupid.

Was thinking the same thing. Twitter blows

phins_4_ever
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Was thinking the same thing. Twitter blows
Twitter doesn't blow. People blow. Twitter exposes the inability of making a point in 140 words or less by using correct English.

ohall
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
He shouldn't have done that. You may think the man is stupid or w/e, God knows there is enough evidence for that, but he should take the high road.

And any LIB getting offended by this is a hypocrite IMO. Their side called Bush #2 all kinds of names.

Locke
04-10-2012, 02:00 AM
The lack of respect given to the highest office in our country is disgusting. That goes for any politician who called any President names, not just Obama...

jimmy42jack0
04-10-2012, 02:16 AM
There is an inherent difference thought, Bush is actually stupid never mind the fact that I don't recall a lot of democrat politicians using a public forum to actually call Bush stupid

ohall
04-10-2012, 04:18 AM
There is an inherent difference thought, Bush is actually stupid never mind the fact that I don't recall a lot of democrat politicians using a public forum to actually call Bush stupid

Pretty sure Bush knew there are in fact 50 states and knew the freaking spelling of corpse man. Your demi-God ain't as smart as you all think he is. There is a ton of evidence, that Obama is lacking in the critical thinking department. The latest was his recent Supreme Court assault. Talk about about saying some stupid ass ****.

However, as many have stated, respect the office not the person. It's a lesson LIB's have to learn far more than REP's.

jared81
04-10-2012, 02:35 PM

you are just being partisan, which is what is wrong with this country. bush and obama are both smart men. you dont become president of the united states without brians. stop being ignorant.

Locke
04-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Pretty sure Bush knew there are in fact 50 states and knew the freaking spelling of corpse man. Your demi-God ain't as smart as you all think he is. There is a ton of evidence, that Obama is lacking in the critical thinking department. The latest was his recent Supreme Court assault. Talk about about saying some stupid ass ****.

However, as many have stated, respect the office not the person. It's a lesson LIB's have to learn far more than REP's.

:rolleyes2:

Despite being a reasonably intelligent person, you are far and away the most blatantly partisan person I've ever talked to. I don't see how someone who is obviously college-educated gets to be so narrow in their world views...

LANGER72
04-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Despite being a reasonably intelligent person, you are far and away the most blatantly partisan person I've ever talked to. I don't see how someone who is obviously college-educated gets to be so narrow in their world views...

I thought I held that distinction ? :idk:

Hey Ohall. Thanks for joining the food fight over here at the political/war frat house.:up:

Locke
04-10-2012, 04:06 PM

Hey Ohall. Thanks for joining the food fight over here at the political/war frat house.:up:

Hey now, I've seen you concede when you're wrong before. I've seen you make reasonable statements, and I've talked with you enough to know that you're a logical person when forced to step away from the partisan BS...

Dogbone34
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
given the new executive powers

the president is a great american

- signed people who want to live

LANGER72
04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Hey now, I've seen you concede when you're wrong before. I've seen you make reasonable statements, and I've talked with you enough to know that you're a logical person when forced to step away from the partisan BS...

Right back at ya! Concede..no way. Appologize for some over the top remarks, I have.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

given the new executive powers

the president is a great american

- signed people who want to live

I am looking forward to the Chairman Obama billboards along the highways and in every church and school. Let the good times roll...

jared81
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Right back at ya! Concede..no way. Appologize for some over the top remarks, I have.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I am looking forward to the Chairman Obama billboards along the highways and in every church and school. Let the good times roll...

whatever man.....i voted for bush twice and nothing made me want to vomit more than when i had to drive by a billboard of him everyday on i-4 in orlando that had his photo with the caption "our leader", durinig his presidency. it made me feel like i was living in soviet russia. its the same way with obama in regards to black people, he can do no wrong and if he does, its because someone who is racist tricked him.

ohall
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM

I try and stay out of here as much as possible. Every time I get in here someone moans and groans and I get flagged. But I had to chime in here. It's kind of funny to hear LIB's even remotely whine about any names Obama may be called after what they put Bushy through.

ohall
04-10-2012, 05:02 PM

It's called the real world, not a world that is protected by BOOKS and hypothetical thinking. You know the world so many LIB's live in.

I bust my ass every day, and I do it for me and family, not for lazy ppl who take my money and sit on some couch and ask for more. It's one of the main reasons I am a CON. I do not tolerate LAZY very well. Whether that's by action or by thought process.

And FYI you are also as partisan as it comes, I love you for it. Don't ever change. IMO these so called IND's are nothing more than ppl who can't make a decision in their RL let alone when it comes to politics. Some ppl just can't stand for ppl to have a negative word said about them, kinda sad. I don't respect wishy washy ppl in general. I have very little respect for ppl who come off as having no back bone. Sorry, it's just how I raised, men are men, and that's how it is for me.

Locke
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
It's called the real world, not a world that is protected by BOOKS and hypothetical thinking. You know the world so many LIB's live in.

I bust my ass every day, and I do it for me and family, not for lazy ppl who take my money and sit on some couch and ask for more. It's one of the main reasons I am a CON. I do not tolerate LAZY very well. Whether that's by action or by thought process.

And FYI you are also as partisan as it comes, I love you for it. Don't ever change. IMO these so called IND's are nothing more than ppl who can't make a decision in their RL let alone when it comes to politics. Some ppl just can't stand for ppl to have a negative word said about them, kinda sad. I don't respect wishy washy ppl in general. I have very little respect for ppl who come off as having no back bone. Sorry, it's just how I raised, men are men, and that's how it is for me.

Well then I see why you come here, despite claiming that you avoid it. There are plenty of us men for you to learn from. Trying to make being an independent into a negative thing is ridiculous. So unless someone takes sides and partakes in the sh*t-throwing contest, they are wishy-washy? Well then, I'll stay wishy-washy and let you "real men" act like retards while shouting at each other and accomplishing absolutely nothing...

ohall
04-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Well then I see why you come here, despite claiming that you avoid it. There are plenty of us men for you to learn from. Trying to make being an independent into a negative thing is ridiculous. So unless someone takes sides and partakes in the sh*t-throwing contest, they are wishy-washy? Well then, I'll stay wishy-washy and let you "real men" act like retards while shouting at each other and accomplishing absolutely nothing...

As I'm sure you know, there is all kinds of **** throwing. Some want to act like they do not throw actual ****. However, some know it's all the same even if it smells like roses instead of ****.

To each their own, we've obviously lived different lives. But don't think for one second, even IND's and be partisan.

LANGER72
04-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I try and stay out of here as much as possible. Every time I get in here someone moans and groans and I get flagged. But I had to chime in here. It's kind of funny to hear LIB's even remotely whine about any names Obama may be called after what they put Bushy through.

Just keep this in mind, these guys in here are not light weights. You had better be able to stand on your position and not just throw grenades.
Yes, there is a double standard. Conservative are the minority here. Pick your spots, and dig your foxhole...02

LANGER72
04-11-2012, 08:09 PM

The only thing I accomplish coming in here is to piss off my wife. She thinks it is a waste of time. I think of it as a indulgent selfish pleasure :up: