PDA

View Full Version : *** 2012 NHL Playoffs ***

Pages : [1] 2

Bumpus
04-10-2012, 09:11 AM
The second season is about to descend upon us.

Who wants
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/stanleycupnobackground_1-1.png
it most?

Eastern Conference

#1 NY Rangers vs. #8 Ottawa Senators

#2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals

#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 LA Kings

#2 St. Louis Blues vs. #7 San Jose Sharks

#3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #6 Chicago Blackhawks

#4 Nashville Predators vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings

Gentlemen, make your predictions and talk your smack!!!

TheJetsBlow
04-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Let's go Devils!!!!!

KDog13
04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
War Predators!

PortFin
04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
LET's GO STARS!!

...uh... next year...

PortFin
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Predictions on each series, gentlemen?

I'll start:

EAST
Rangers over Sens in 5
Bruins over Caps in 5
Devils over Cats in 6
Penguins over Flyers in 7

WEST
Canucks over Kings in 5
Blues over Sharks in 6
'Hawks over Yotes in 6
Preds over Wings in 7

Yes, I predict both East and West 4th/5th seed battles to go the distance. If I had to guess I would say Preds/Wings has the greater chance to go 7.

My toughest prediction was the Devils over the Panthers, I feel anything could happen with that series. If the Devils won in 5, it wouldn't surprise me because of the talent level. But come playoff time, experience matters and the Cats have plenty more than the Devils do; Kopecky, Versteeg, Campbell and Madden all won the Cup only a couple years ago. So, they are battle hardened and they have others like Weiss who are desperate and happy for the opportunity. The main thing for me in that series was goaltending. If Clemmenson or Theodore comes out strong, I think they can win this series. Brodeur is not what he used to be and if one of their goalies can match him then it will be an exciting series. Sunrise will be rocking for the Panthers first home series so home ice could factor in too, in my opinion.

I would love to see your guys predictions as well

PortFin
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
The second season is about to descend upon us.

Who wants
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/stanleycupnobackground_1-1.png
it most?

Eastern Conference

#1 NY Rangers vs. #8 Ottawa Senators

#2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals

#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 LA Kings

#2 St. Louis Blues vs. #7 San Jose Sharks

#3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #6 Chicago Blackhawks

#4 Nashville Predators vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings

Gentlemen, make your predictions and talk your smack!!!

Every time I see that trophy, it is like a religious experience lol

I had the pleasure of viewing it in person for the 1st time last summer, and seeing and touching it is something I will never forget

PhinsPhan11
04-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll offer mine as well:
East
Rangers over Sens in 6
Bruins over Caps in 5
Devils over Panthers in 5
Flyers over Pens in 7

West
Canucks over Kings in 5
Blues over Sharks in 6
Blackhawks over Coyotes in 5
Preds over Red Wings in 7

I think both of the 4/5 matchups are the best of the first round. It should be a great playoff season boys.

Roman529
04-11-2012, 12:34 AM
The Flyers always seem to come up short. It's gets old.

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Eastern Conference

#1 NY Rangers vs. #8 Ottawa Senators - Rags in 5
#2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals - B's in 6
#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils - Devils in 6
#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers - Pens in 7

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 LA Kings - Nucks in 6
#2 St. Louis Blues vs. #7 San Jose Sharks - Blues in 6
#3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #6 Chicago Blackhawks - Hawks in 7
#4 Nashville Predators vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings - Preds in 7

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 09:45 AM
ARRRRRGH!!!

I can't frigging take it anymore ... is it 7:30 yet?!?

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 12:40 PM
ARRRRRGH!!!

I can't frigging take it anymore ... is it 7:30 yet?!?

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Tonight's drinking song:

http://soundcloud.com/citlemediaproductions/scott-paulsen-jim-krenn-well-kick-your-arse

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/264042d-1.jpg

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

TheJetsBlow
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Predictions on each series, gentlemen?

I'll start:

EAST
Rangers over Sens in 5
Bruins over Caps in 5
Devils over Cats in 6
Penguins over Flyers in 7

WEST
Canucks over Kings in 5
Blues over Sharks in 6
'Hawks over Yotes in 6
Preds over Wings in 7

Yes, I predict both East and West 4th/5th seed battles to go the distance. If I had to guess I would say Preds/Wings has the greater chance to go 7.

My toughest prediction was the Devils over the Panthers, I feel anything could happen with that series. If the Devils won in 5, it wouldn't surprise me because of the talent level. But come playoff time, experience matters and the Cats have plenty more than the Devils do; Kopecky, Versteeg, Campbell and Madden all won the Cup only a couple years ago. So, they are battle hardened and they have others like Weiss who are desperate and happy for the opportunity. The main thing for me in that series was goaltending. If Clemmenson or Theodore comes out strong, I think they can win this series. Brodeur is not what he used to be and if one of their goalies can match him then it will be an exciting series. Sunrise will be rocking for the Panthers first home series so home ice could factor in too, in my opinion.

I would love to see your guys predictions as well

As a Devils fan Port, I look at it this way: IF Marty plays like he's played since the All-Star break, which is to say uttterly fantastic, the Devils should win in 5. We have a deeper core of forwards and a solid, if not spectacular, defense. Florida brings more O from the back end than the Devils, with Campbell, Garrison, Kulikov etc, which is a concern. But if the Devils PK (which was the best in NHL history this year for a single season, in addition to scoring 15 SHG's) can keep the Florida power play in check, it should be a short series. Even so, I think it goes 6 (because I never expect it to be easy lol) with the Devils prevailing. I'll give my other predicitions later. Also, got my tickets yesterday, so I'll be at the Rock for games 3 and 4! Can't wait!!!!

hooshoops
04-11-2012, 05:20 PM
looking forward to watching philly pens tonight...

TheJetsBlow
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
East: Rangers-Ottawa- Rangers in 6 Boston-Washington- Caps in 7 Devils-Florida- Devils in 6 Pittsburgh-Philly- Pens in 7 West: Vancouver- LA- Canucks in 5 St. Louis-San Jose- Blues in 6 Chicago-Phoenix- Yotes in 7 Detroit-Nashville- Preds in 7

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Well, I'm half in the bag already ...

:drink:

Yeoww!!!

90 more ****ing minutes til the puck drops?!? :hsmash:

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

PortFin
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
As a Devils fan Port, I look at it this way: IF Marty plays like he's played since the All-Star break, which is to say uttterly fantastic, the Devils should win in 5. We have a deeper core of forwards and a solid, if not spectacular, defense. Florida brings more O from the back end than the Devils, with Campbell, Garrison, Kulikov etc, which is a concern. But if the Devils PK (which was the best in NHL history this year for a single season, in addition to scoring 15 SHG's) can keep the Florida power play in check, it should be a short series. Even so, I think it goes 6 (because I never expect it to be easy lol) with the Devils prevailing. I'll give my other predicitions later. Also, got my tickets yesterday, so I'll be at the Rock for games 3 and 4! Can't wait!!!!

Awesome! I'm personally hoping the Yotes relocate to Seattle (and I hate rooting for a fanbase to lose their team, but in this case I will lol) so I can take a short train ride to some games up there. They will probably stay in Phoenix, but I can dream lol. I've only been to a couple NHL games and would LOVE to go to an NHL playoff game. You, JetsBlow, are lucky to be able to go enjoy one!

As for your predictions in your later post, I would love to see the Caps take down the Bruins. Let's see how Holtby holds up.

PortFin
04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Wow, Grossman needed to get the puck out of there instead of focusing on Crosby. Not a great play by the D-man in my opinion

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!

Sidneeeeey Crosby!

1-0, PENS!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

PortFin
04-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Wow, GREAT pass by Staal

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!

Mister Kennedy!! Kennedy!!

SICK ****ing pass from Staal!!

2-0, PENS

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!

Pascaaaaaaal Duuuupuis!!!

3-0, PENS

Deez Nutz!!! :lol:

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Boarding!

Time for the PP!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Fleury!
Fleury!
Fleury!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

****!

Bull****! He was a full foot offsides!!!!!

3-1

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

PortFin
04-11-2012, 09:19 PM
God, Nashville's power play is atrocious.

It's not just the results, its everything, from the set-up to the execution. They just look awful. I don't remember the last time I've seen a power play perform so terribly in the playoffs. If they lose this game, then that will be the reason why. They need to work on that EXTENSIVELY in practice tomorrow.

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
****!!

3-2, PENS

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 09:54 PM
3-3

6:26 left

My fingernails are gone

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
This really ain't my day.

PhinsPhan11
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Sorry, forgot to post throughout the game, BUT.....

Goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaal!!

Voracek scores the winner, and we will escape with a game 1 win.

KDog13
04-11-2012, 10:47 PM
PREDS WIN, WOOTTTTTTT

Weber pulled a dumbass play at the end, really not like him.....Little upset

PhinsPhan11
04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
PREDS WIN, WOOTTTTTTT

Weber pulled a dumbass play at the end, really not like him.....Little upset
I watched the last few minutes of that game as well. Didn't really understand why he made that play when the game was pretty much over.

KDog13
04-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I watched the last few minutes of that game as well. Didn't really understand why he made that play when the game was pretty much over.

Yea, boneheaded play....I think he could even get a game suspension...literally tried to punch the back of his head, and then actually grabbed his head n slammed it into the boards. Thought it was wrestlemania I guess. Anyways, Solid win...o and nice comeback...you got Bumpus frozen atm.

PortFin
04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I think Weber will get suspended one game for that, and as much as I hate Detroit and want the Preds to win, he probably should be. It was a boneheaded play with malicious intent at the end of the game.

On the positive side, maybe his chances of jumping ship to Detroit have decreased somewhat? :chuckle:

PhinsPhan11
04-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Yea, boneheaded play....I think he could even get a game suspension...literally tried to punch the back of his head, and then actually grabbed his head n slammed it into the boards. Thought it was wrestlemania I guess. Anyways, Solid win...o and nice comeback...you got Bumpus frozen atm.
Thanks, it was a game that had great highs and lows. Went from down 3-0 to win 4-3 in OT. I was ecstatic that we could steal game 1 in Pittsburgh.

PortFin
04-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Wow, Preds got lucky there with only a fine for Weber. Hopefully he learned and won't do anything else to warrant discipline. I would love to see Nashville make a deep run this year

PhinsPhan11
04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow, Preds got lucky there with only a fine for Weber. Hopefully he learned and won't do anything else to warrant discipline. I would love to see Nashville make a deep run this year
If they get past Detroit, I don't see why they can't make a deep run.

PortFin
04-13-2012, 07:25 AM
If they get past Detroit, I don't see why they can't make a deep run.

And if I were Detroit, I would already be worried because I didn't think Nashville played anything near their best game in game 1 and still got out with a victory. I'm sure they took some steps to counter Detroit's PK, and now the Wings have lost Helm for the series who was a huge PK contributor. Of course, Detroit likely won't be getting that many penalties again. But it's never a good thing when your opponent beats you and still didn't cash in on that many opportunities.

Detroit obviously though is among the league's elite for a reason. I'm sure they'll also clean up some of their own stuff. The chess match between Bab**** and Trotz begins. What a fun series to watch, hopefully it ends with Nashville on top.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Really? They censor Babs' name?

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Back to work.

Round 2 begins at 7:30 tonight.

**** the Flyers!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 07:38 AM
And if I were Detroit, I would already be worried because I didn't think Nashville played anything near their best game in game 1 and still got out with a victory. I'm sure they took some steps to counter Detroit's PK, and now the Wings have lost Helm for the series who was a huge PK contributor. Of course, Detroit likely won't be getting that many penalties again. But it's never a good thing when your opponent beats you and still didn't cash in on that many opportunities.

Detroit obviously though is among the league's elite for a reason. I'm sure they'll also clean up some of their own stuff. The chess match between Bab**** and Trotz begins. What a fun series to watch, hopefully it ends with Nashville on top.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Really? They censor Babs' name?

:lol: I knew there was a reason I liked the filter. :lol:

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Game 2

Let's do this ****!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaaal!

:woohoo: 0:15 into the game, Capt. Crosby makes 'em pay!

1-0

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!!

Kunitz redirects the Neal blast!!

2-0

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!!!

Martin pounds it home!!!

3-1 after One

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

JCane
04-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Goal Panthers.

3-2 still in favor of Jersey.

LET'S ****ING GOOOOO CATS!!!

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!

Kunitz answers the shortie immediately (:06 later) with a PP goal!!!!

4-3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

PortFin
04-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Goal Panthers.

3-2 still in favor of Jersey.

LET'S ****ING GOOOOO CATS!!!

I've been flipping back and forth between the three games but have been watching this one the most. It looks like it'll be a great finish, despite looking like it was going to be a blowout early. I think Florida just needed a period to wake up and get used to the pace of playoff hockey again

PortFin
04-13-2012, 09:06 PM
The announcers say "the Panthers were outshot 26-9!" in the first period like every five minutes.

You could almost make a drinking game out of it.

JCane
04-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I've been flipping back and forth between the three games but have been watching this one the most. It looks like it'll be a great finish, despite looking like it was going to be a blowout early. I think Florida just needed a period to wake up and get used to the pace of playoff hockey again

I'm back and forth between the Panthers, Marlins, and Heat. More into the Panthers game now with it getting late in the third.

First period was ABYSMAL.

:bobdole:

PhinsPhan11
04-13-2012, 09:17 PM
A little payback for what happened in the 1st period.

4-4 going into the 3rd.

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Goddamit! 2.8 secs. left

4-4 after Two

Helluva ****ing game!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

PortFin
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't know about that call on Versteeg. Yeah it was hooking, but it wasn't anything major and theres 4 minutes left...I don't know, refs. I think you let the players play unless its clearly something that impedes a palyer with so little time left in a game that close

PortFin
04-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Really? Faceoff with 1:46 left and the Panthers put out Kopecky and Bergeinheim, needing a goal?

PortFin
04-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Well, there's always game two for the Panthers. They played really well the second and third periods and can carry that momentum into next game now that they've shaken off their playoff jitters.

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!!!

Then, ****! :16 later

5-5

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

PortFin
04-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!!!

Then, ****! :16 later

5-5

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Yeah this game has been ridiculous. Great matchup. Almost wish it could have been for the Eastern Conference championship though

PhinsPhan11
04-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah this game has been ridiculous. Great matchup. Almost wish it could have been for the Eastern Conference championship though
When you have two teams with 100+ points during the season, the matchup will definitely be great. I also wish that it could have been in a later round.

PortFin
04-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I love how all the series are getting called tightly except this one haha. This one is open war and the refs seem to be happy to let it play out. Wish they would in the other games as well

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Ah, ****!

F
U
C
K
!

Goddamn ****!

Yagr?

6-5 :(

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

JCane
04-13-2012, 10:02 PM
When you have two teams with 100+ points during the season, the matchup will definitely be great. I also wish that it could have been in a later round.

I hate the way the NHL seeds the playoff teams.

PhinsPhan11
04-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I hate the way the NHL seeds the playoff teams.
I do too. They should do it like the NBA where the division winner is guaranteed a top 4 seed, not top 3. I mean, let's be honest, the Flyers and Pens shouldn't be playing in the first round.

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 10:12 PM
You've got to be ****ting me!

Did that 10 second turn of events really just happen?

**** me.

PhinsPhan11
04-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Gooooooooooooaaaaaaal!!

Couturier makes it 7-5. He's 19 years old and already has a playoff hat trick.

**** YEAH!!

KDog13
04-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Wings got us in this game, gonna be a hell of a series though.

This game with the Flyers vs Penguins is sick......Flyers are really putting it to em though

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Yep. Empty net to make it 8-5.

Tomorrow is gonna be a therapeutic day at the gun range.

I'm gonna blow lots of holes in ****. :)

PhinsPhan11
04-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Another hat trick? Why not?

Giroux makes it an 8-5 Flyers win. And we are going back to Philly with a 2-0 series lead.

By the way Bump, I think you mispelled Jagr. :lol:

KDog13
04-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Wow Stole 2 on the Road.....That's Crazy

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm in hell.

Lost the first two at home???

To Phily???

Hell.

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Another hat trick? Why not?

Giroux makes it an 8-5 Flyers win. And we are going back to Philly with a 2-0 series lead.

By the way Bump, I think you mispelled Jagr. :lol:

prolly did.

Not looking ... I'm so drunk I'm not seeing.

(looking for pics of Hartnell's face to print out for targets)

:)

PhinsPhan11
04-13-2012, 10:38 PM
prolly did.

Not looking ... I'm so drunk I'm not seeing.

(looking for pics of Hartnell's face to print out for targets)

I just assumed that you were doing that since it was Jagr.

JCane
04-13-2012, 10:39 PM
I think the Flyers are the team to beat in the playoffs.

Dolfan3773
04-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Go Panthers

PhinsPhan11
04-13-2012, 11:08 PM
I think the Flyers are the team to beat in the playoffs.
I don't think I would go that far, but I like our chances a lot better after the win tonight.

PortFin
04-14-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't think I would go that far, but I like our chances a lot better after the win tonight.

Philadelphia is playing very well.\, their main question though in my mind is goaltending, yet again. I think it is a very open playoff year in that I could see a number of different teams winning it, more so than in most years.

If I had to pick a team to beat it would still be Boston. Getting by Thomas in the playoffs and with the big physical style the Bruins play, they will be tough to knock out. I would not be surprised if its one of those two in the east.

PortFin
04-14-2012, 11:34 AM
I do expect that, whatever happens with these series, the cup will end up back in the East

PhinsPhan11
04-14-2012, 03:05 PM
I do expect that, whatever happens with these series, the cup will end up back in the East
I think so too. The only team that I think can win the Cup from the West is the winner from the Preds/Red Wings series.

PortFin
04-14-2012, 07:06 PM
I think so too. The only team that I think can win the Cup from the West is the winner from the Preds/Red Wings series.

Yeah, especially if Rinne gets hot

PhinsPhan11
04-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah, especially if Rinne gets hot
Exactly. I have him as one of the top 3 goalies in the NHL. And they have a solid team around him along with the West being wide open, I wouldn't be surprised if the represent the West.

PortFin
04-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Wow, to hear the announcers during the Sharks/Blues game, you'd think the Sharks were the cleanest team in the league. Every fight/scrum/etc was started by the Blues according to them.

"The Sharks have finally had enough! They've finally succumbed to the Blues shenanigans" ya, ok. Just like that sucker punch Marleau threw.

I make it no secret that I don't like the Sharks, but come on; when there are skirmishes and fights after just about every whistle near the end of the game, it is never just one team

PhinsPhan11
04-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Well, they were Sharks announcers. The broadcast that was shown was CSN California, so it will be biased.

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Game 3 in two hours ...

Will the REAL Marc Andre Fleury please stand up?!?

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

KDog13
04-15-2012, 01:49 PM
****, 2-0 and Josi gives them a goal....2-1

KDog13
04-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Alright Sergei! 3-1!

KDog13
04-15-2012, 02:50 PM
CRAP, Wings get a goal 3-2......53.1 seconds left, What a game!

KDog13
04-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Stole one on the Road, Tough as hell to win in the Joe Louis Arena period....Up 2-1 in the series :D

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I've actually gone to the extent of driving across the river into Ohio to watch the game @ a buddy's house to break the negative streak. :lol:

**** the Flyers!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Stole one on the Road, Tough as hell to win in the Joe Louis Arena period....Up 2-1 in the series :D

I feel ya on that, bro. :up:

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaaal!

Staal makes it 1-0!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Goddammit, Fleury!

1-1

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
3-1

Maybe instead of crossing the river, I should've just jumped into it.

**** me with a pogo stick!

Cmon, dammit!!!!!!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal!!

Neal!!

3-2

The hatred is palpable!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
4-2, asshats after one.

20 minutes, my ass ... That felt like a full game.

This **** is WWIII

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!

James Neal!!!

4-3, asshats

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 04:59 PM
That's it. Get him out.

5-3

Bring Johnny in.

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaal!!!!

Staal brings us back w/in one!!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

PortFin
04-15-2012, 05:09 PM

I didn't get a chance to see it but I'm very happy Nashville won. Especially impressive considering how dominant the Wings were at home all season. That was a statement game imo

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

That's it. Get him out.

5-3

Bring Johnny in.

Maybe he could get in a fight to rile up his team :lol:

The series has had its share of poor goaltending on both sides, unfortunately. The Flyers (or Pens, if they can come back and win it) are really going to have to find a way to fix that if they want to do anything in the later stetches of the post-season

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Now, I blame Coach.

Really?!? Yeah, leave the French-toast in net. Seriously?!?

How many goals must he let in before it's time for the hook?

We've provided enough offense in all three mother****ing games so far to be crushing these ****ers.

I'm at a loss. :idk:

I'm breaking my ****ing fist on the next orange mother****ing thing I see.

6-4, asshats after two

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

KDog13
04-15-2012, 06:15 PM
WOW, I'm Stunned....hats off to the Flyers

JCane
04-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Flyers are out of their minds right now.

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm currently loading my 12 ga.

**** is about to get holey.

I figure that maybe, just maybe, 50 rounds might do it. (I'll take 3 boxes just in case)

PhinsPhan11
04-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Great win, lots of offense and we have a 3-0 series lead.

By the way, Pittsburgh is the dirtiest team in the league.

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 06:34 PM
... If y'all don't hear from me for awhile - it's because I don't have enough daylight left to make it to the range.

5-0 might disagree with my choice of hillsides to discharge firearms into. :idk:

- Bumpus out.

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Great win, lots of offense and we have a 3-0 series lead.

By the way, Pittsburgh is the dirtiest team in the league.

sans Kevlar ... You don't wanna be standing in front of me right now.

(notice I'm not laughing)

**** Filthy!!!

PhinsPhan11
04-15-2012, 06:55 PM
sans Kevlar ... You don't wanna be standing in front of me right now.

(notice I'm not laughing)

**** Filthy!!!
Even a hardcore Pens fan like you has to admit that some of those hits were cheap.

PortFin
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Wow, Florida jumped right into it, scoring 23 seconds in.

Good for them! Here's hoping they pull out the W

PhinsPhan11
04-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow, Florida jumped right into it, scoring 23 seconds in.

Good for them! Here's hoping they pull out the W
Agreed. I would love to see the Devils lose.

Bumpus
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Even a hardcore Pens fan like you has to admit that some of those hits were cheap.

Of course. However, a Flyers fan calling someone else's team dirty?

:lol: Pot, meet kettle. :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

:chuckle: How 'bout that? We're in agreement on something tonight. :up:

PortFin
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
I CANNOT believe Carkner was only suspended one game. That is absolutely ridiculous, and this is coming from someone who really has no major interest in the series. He should have been gone for the series imo. There is no way Hagelin should get three games while Carkner only gets one

PhinsPhan11
04-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Of course. However, a Flyers fan calling someone else's team dirty?

:lol: Pot, meet kettle. :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

:chuckle: How 'bout that? We're in agreement on something tonight. :up:
That is not the Flyers game in recent years. They play physical, and most of the time their are perfectly legal.

PortFin
04-15-2012, 09:27 PM

Yeah, I'm not a big Devils fan but I don't have as much against them as you guys do, as division rivals and all. I just want to see Florida win more because I usually root for non-traditional market teams. It may sound strange, but I like when those non-traditional market teams do well because I want to see the sport grow more in less traditional markets. But also the Panthers and their fans have gone for so long without anything to root for, and I'd like to see them at least get to round two for that.

The only thing I have against the Devils is when they beat the Stars in the 2000 Finals :lol: Probably the worst day of my life, at least as it relates to being a sports fan.

PortFin
04-15-2012, 09:37 PM
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its a game again. Devils off to a hot start in the 3rd and Kovalchuk keeps coming. If he really gets rolling in this series the Panthers will have a tough time keeping up

J. David Wannyheimer
04-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Rats on the ice! Rats on the ice! Yeah baby, yeah!

PortFin
04-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Rats on the ice! Rats on the ice! Yeah baby, yeah!

I love that they're doing that again. That, and the return of the red jerseys this season, are good ways to bring back a sense of history, I think. It makes it feel like '96 again

PortFin
04-16-2012, 07:48 AM
I can't believe the Kings are up 3-0 on Vancouver. Some Kings fans I know at work will be very happy :lol:

KDog13
04-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I can't believe the Kings are up 3-0 on Vancouver. Some Kings fans I know at work will be very happy :lol:

Vancouver is going to burn down if they lose, Quick is a beast...they can go far as long as they score.

PortFin
04-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Vancouver is going to burn down if they lose.

Hahaha probably. I don't really know why I'm laughing, because it's probably not too far from the truth. A shame, too. It really is a beautiful city. I used to go to hockey camp at UBC in the summers when I was a youth and a teenager, and haven't been back to Vancouver in probably a decade. It's a great city though.

misterx
04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Andrew Shaw receives a three-game suspension for his hit on Phoenix goalie Mike Smith during Saturday’s Game 2. via rotoworld

Bumpus
04-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I had to laugh ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuv36SNZApU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

... It was either that or cry.

J. David Wannyheimer
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Clemmensen baby! Yeah!

PortFin
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Andrew Shaw receives a three-game suspension for his hit on Phoenix goalie Mike Smith during Saturday’s Game 2. via rotoworld

That's about what I think it should have been. But the inconsistency of some of the suspensions handed out has been astounding.

Nublar7
04-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Simply amazing game by the Panthers tonight. I was very close to changing channels after they got down 3-0. Glad I didn't because that was one of the biggest wins in Panthers history. Could be an emotional blow to the Devils.

PortFin
04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
WOW Nashville was seriously robbed of a goal. Just... wow. Terrible officiating in a scoreless game

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Simply amazing game by the Panthers tonight. I was very close to changing channels after they got down 3-0. Glad I didn't because that was one of the biggest wins in Panthers history. Could be an emotional blow to the Devils.

Clemmenson rocked. I would continue to play him if I were the Panthers. But then... I thought he should have been in all along

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?305900-***-2011-12-NHL-Regular-Season-Thread-***/page83&p=1064276763#post1064276763

lol

Roman529
04-17-2012, 09:57 PM
LETS GO FLYERS!!!!! :brewskis:

KDog13
04-17-2012, 09:57 PM
WOOOO UP 2-1, Regained the lead....great pass by Erat who lured 4 guys after him including Howard ahahahaha

KDog13
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Ughh, What a nail biter...

KDog13
04-17-2012, 10:27 PM
GOAL LEGWAND!!!! First to 3 Wins usually, 38.9 away from stealing 2 on the road from the DETROIT RED WINGS!!! Lost 7 all year at home? Un****ingBelievable.........................

PhinsPhan11
04-17-2012, 10:28 PM
That's what I'm talking about. I wondered if you were you going to show up in here.

PortFin
04-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Ughh, What a nail biter...

The best part of seeing Legwand's goal was the look on Bertuzzi's face when it showed him on the bench. I can't stand Bertuzzi.

Great win and, of course, Rinne played great.

KDog13
04-17-2012, 10:32 PM
The best part of seeing Legwand's goal was the look on Bertuzzi's face when it showed him on the bench. I can't stand Bertuzzi.

Great win and, of course, Rinne played great.

Yea, I'm not big on Bertuzzi either, that one play he had just is really hard to ever forgive someone

PortFin
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Maybe the best sign that the Preds understand what it takes to win was in Klein's post game comments where he said "We know we can't win every game playing like that." I think you need that sort of mentality to have a good playoff run; you can't be satisfied with the win, you have to learn from it and know there are always things you can clean up, so I liked that he said that. If they can stay focused and keep on getting better instead of taking their position for granted, they will go far.

IF they get past Detroit, I like their chances in the west although I think St. Louis could be a difficult matchup for them. But then, there's no guarantees they'll beat SJ either

-=DolfanDave=-
04-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Huge win by the cats!!!!

JCane
04-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Huge win by the cats!!!!

HUGE win for us tonight. I was ready to give up when the Devils went up 3-0.

Started watching more of the Marlins game while getting text alerts for the Panthers on my phone.

3-2 out of nowhere.

Biggest comeback win in Panthers playoff history tonight.

Possum
04-17-2012, 10:56 PM
so f'in awesome tonight for the panthers.

Dolfan3773
04-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Florida Panthers...ftw!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 06:50 AM

:lol: Who woke you up?!?

... Now, I just need Dom to show up & proclaim the series over ...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/tumblr_m1ekazTWFt1qg3r6a-1.jpg

:lol:

PortFin
04-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Yea, I'm not big on Bertuzzi either, that one play he had just is really hard to ever forgive someone

I remember when that play happened, all my Canucks friends defended him like crazy, saying "Well Steve Moore was asking for it! Did you see what he did to Naslund?"

And then as soon as he joined the Wings, those same guys were like "whatever, he should be in jail" :lol:

misterx
04-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Yotes take game 3 in ot and lead the series 2-1

misterx
04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
It's offficial: Raffi Torres has been suspended indefinitely, pending an in-person hearing Friday

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/nevergiveupfrog-1.jpg

Time to start boozing!!!

We'll kick your arse,
Ye Flyer scum!
We'll kick your arse,
And leave ye numb!

We'll drink to you,
When the Cup is passed.
Ye Flyer scum,
We'll kick your arse!

I'm thinking that we've given Philly enough of a false sense of security. It's time to bring the crushing hammer of reality down upon the Broad St. Bullies!

Like I said before the series started: PENS IN SEVEN!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Tick, tick, mother****ing TICK!

Drop the ****ing puck already!!!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Son of a Bitch!

Goddammit, Fleury.

1-0, dicks

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Gooooooaaaaaaaal!

Geno!

1-1

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaaal!!

Nisky makes it 2-1 baby!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Poop.

2-2

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

****!
****!
****!

3-2

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal!!!

Holy ****, how the **** did that go in?!?

Don't care ...

3-3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaaal!!!!

Staal!!!!

4-3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Great 1st period!!!!

Up 4-3, starting out the second w/ clean ice on a full PP ...

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Gooooaaaaaal!!!!!

Tanger!!!!!

5-3 baby

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!

ROAR!!!!!!

Staal makes it 6-3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!

Sully said, "Deez Nutz, Mother****er!!!!!!!"

7-3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Pascal Dupuis!!!!!!!!

8-3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!!!

Staal!!!!!!!!!

9-3

Eat a dick!!!!!!!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah, PP11 ... Who has the dirty squad???

Like I said ...

Bitches!

Edit: Suspension better be upcoming.

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 09:32 PM
:lol: 9-3 after two!!!!!!!!!

What's the record for goals in an All-Star Game?!?

(mostly kidding ...)

:sidelol:

DEEZ NUTZ, MOTHER****ERS!!!!!!!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Gooooooaaaaaaal!!!!!!!!!!

Geno!!!!!!!!!!

There's 10

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

KDog13
04-18-2012, 10:18 PM
10 goals is unreal, goaltending in this series is almost non existent lol. I've seen more goals in 4 games from this series then an entire 7 game series, insane.

Bumpus
04-18-2012, 10:25 PM

The definition of "giddy" = 8 unanswered goals.

Whee!!!

:woohoo:

**** Philly!

Like I said ... FALSE sense of security.

Deal with it.

Pens in SEVEN.

Bank.

PortFin
04-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Rooting for the Kings tonight, but mostly hoping my Winterhawks win their Game 7 tonight in the 2nd round.

Anyone watch the Ottawa/NYR game? That was a great finish. Ottawa has really had an incredible year as far as going above their expectations and then to even make it a series against the Rangers is incredible.

SpaceMountain16
04-19-2012, 03:19 AM
The Flyers will still win, and Pittsburgh can turn their attention to the only team they actually care about - The Steelers.

Bumpus
04-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Somebody turn off the jackhammer inside my skull.

:hungover:

PortFin
04-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Washington got started early. Wouldn't mind seeing them take down the Bruins but I doubt that happens, especially with Backstrom suspended for this game

PortFin
04-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Missed most of the Panthers/ Devils game. Looks liked the Devils got the better of them, unfortunately.

Dolfan3773
04-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Panthers get blasted

PortFin
04-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Holtby has been playing out of his mind in these playoffs. I think the Caps have found their goaltender

JCane
04-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Marlins win.

Heat win.

Panthers get jackhammered in the doodoo hole.

Sad night.

:(

Ricky4Life
04-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Yotes up 3-1 bringing it back to Phoenix on Saturday.

misterx
04-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Yotes up 3-1 bringing it back to Phoenix on Saturday.

lets finish them of Saturday please no more last minute goals allowed Mr Smith

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Is it 7:30 yet?

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Part 5 of the master plan unveils in about an hour.

Meanwhile ... :ffic:

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Gooooooaaaaaaaaal!

Sully ties it 1-1!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaaal!!

Staal ties the **** up again!!

2-2

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Goooooaaaaaaal!!!

Mister Kennedy!!! Kennedy!!!

3-2

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Beautiful second period!!!

3-2, Pens after two!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Fleury!
Fleury!
Fleury!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 10:14 PM
3-2, Final.

Take a peek over your shoulder ...

What you see is a soul-crushing series defeat to your arch-rival.

Pressure is on y'all now. Lose Game 6, AT HOME. :lol:

Deez NUTZ!!

Pens Win!
Pens Win!
Pens Win!

Bumpus
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
:hugefukingrin:

Y'all gonna choke from the pressure in Game 6

Then, it's over.

Like I said, Pens in seven.

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

KDog13
04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Nashville Takes the Series 4-1

PortFin
04-20-2012, 10:41 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, nashville takes the series 4-1

detroit is gone!!!!!! Hallelujah!

KDog13
04-20-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm on Cloud 9 atm ahahahah

PortFin
04-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Dead Wings

lol

misterx
04-21-2012, 12:42 PM
WOW

NHL Suspends Torres for 25 Games
Saturday, 04.21.2012 / 12:28 PM / News
NHL.com
Tweet
Tweet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2012

NEW YORK -- Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended for 25 games for launching himself to deliver a late hit to the head of Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa during Game 3 of the teams’ Western Conference Quarterfinal playoff series in Chicago on
Tuesday, April 17, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

Raffi Torres

Should the 25 games not be served by the conclusion of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the remaining games of the suspension will carry over into the following regular season. Torres will be prohibited from playing in any preseason games until he has served this 25-game suspension (playoff and regular-season games).

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=629024

jmenjes
04-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Panthers win! Theodore gets the shutout, 3-0. :thumbup:

One more win and we're in the conference semis.

PortFin
04-21-2012, 09:34 PM
WOW

NHL Suspends Torres for 25 Games
Saturday, 04.21.2012 / 12:28 PM / News
NHL.com
Tweet
Tweet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2012

NEW YORK -- Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended for 25 games for launching himself to deliver a late hit to the head of Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa during Game 3 of the teams’ Western Conference Quarterfinal playoff series in Chicago on
Tuesday, April 17, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

Raffi Torres

Should the 25 games not be served by the conclusion of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the remaining games of the suspension will carry over into the following regular season. Torres will be prohibited from playing in any preseason games until he has served this 25-game suspension (playoff and regular-season games).

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=629024

I'm surprised by the length, but at the same time, Raffi is a repeat offender, and one who consistently hurts players the same way. If the NHL wants to get serious about cutting down on those type of dangerous hits, this is a good way to do it. Maybe in the end he will turn into a player who plays with more caution. Look at what happened with Matt Cooke, it can happen. You can play on the edge without crossing over it. Thats what Raffi needs to learn to do, and in the end maybe this suspension will help him get there

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Panthers win! Theodore gets the shutout, 3-0. :thumbup:

One more win and we're in the conference semis.

Very happy the Cats won today. I wasn't able to watch the game sadly because I volunteered to do a neighborhood cleaup, but looks like the Devils could be in trouble.

And the Bruins too! the SE division may start to get some credit in the press if these series continue the way they are going. Also, if Ottawa and the Caps hold on to upset the Rangers and Bruins, the Panthers would be the highest seed left in the East

Dolfan3773
04-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Florida ****ing Panthers with the shut out...hell of a game by Theodore

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Drop the puck, already!!!

Game 6 is next

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 12:27 PM

The team that scores first in this series loses.
(So, we've got that outta the way.)

1-0, jagoffs

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Nothing worth having ever came easily.

Down 2-0 after one ... On to the second!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 01:27 PM
:bobdole:

Really, Fleury?!? Really? That one gets in?!?

3-0

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Gooooaaaaal!

Geno!

3-1

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 01:36 PM
****!

4-1

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Goooooaaaaaaal!!!

4-2

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Bull****ing****!!!

It wasn't a problem in the first when Hartnell did the exact same ****ing thing to Fleury!!!

**** the world!

PhinsPhan11
04-22-2012, 03:02 PM
5-1 Final. Flyers win!!!

**** the Pens.

We are moving on.

Bumpus
04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
... & after three hours at the range, I feel a little better. :idk:

/season.

PortFin
04-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Well, one of 'em had to go. Both solid teams, its just a shame they met in the 1st round

PortFin
04-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Holy ****, CANNOT believe the Nucks lost. Wow.

Most of my good friends from college were from around the Vancouver/ Victoria area, all huge Canucks fans. I almost want to call them and ask if they're ok lol

PhinsPhan11
04-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Holy ****, CANNOT believe the Nucks lost. Wow.

Most of my good friends from college were from around the Vancouver/ Victoria area, all huge Canucks fans. I almost want to call them and ask if they're ok lol
Wow. I didn't think they were going to make the Cup Final, but I thought they would at least get past the first round.

PortFin
04-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't know if anyone else is watching the NYR/Ottawa game, but I thought that was a bs penalty on Foligno that led to the Rangers starting a run and netting two quick goals. Foligno was knocked into Lundqvist by 2 defenders and gets a penalty. Interesting

PortFin
04-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I love watching Ryan Callahan play. He may not put up big numbers but he can do everything and he leads by example. I love how he will put his body on the line and do anything to win. Just saw him block some bombs from the point by Phillips and both looked painful. One of the better captains in the NHL.

PortFin
04-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Panthers and Devils tied @ 2 late in the 2nd. This is going to be a good 3rd period

PhinsPhan11
04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Panthers and Devils tied @ 2 late in the 2nd. This is going to be a good 3rd period
Let's go Panthers!! It would be great to see the Devils out.

If the Rangers and Bruins lose their Game 7s, things should be looking great for the Flyers in the East.

PortFin
04-24-2012, 09:47 PM
McGuire: "Can't believe Alexei Ponikarovsky shot it right into Clemmenson on that wide open net."

I can

JCane
04-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Well that ****ing sucked.

Ricky4Life
04-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Let's go Yotes. Bring on the Pred.

knappy
04-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Bummed that the Blackhawks are out in the first round, but it was a good series.

KDog13
04-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Can't Wait to play the Yotes!

jmenjes
04-25-2012, 10:33 PM
And the Bruins are out...Caps win game 7 in OT, 2-1.

PortFin
04-25-2012, 11:46 PM
And the Bruins are out...Caps win game 7 in OT, 2-1.

Perhaps the Caps just needed to play the role of underdog to shed their playoff demons? I thought Semin especially played well this series for someone who typically under-performs, maybe because there wasn't as much pressure this postseason as there is when they're a top seeded team.

JCane
04-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Double OT loss at home in game seven...that's a tough one to swallow.

:boohoo:

-=DolfanDave=-
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Double OT loss at home in game seven...that's a tough one to swallow.

:boohoo:

A tough loss, for sure, but I still love the grit and determination of this team. They do not know the meaning of 'quit'. As Chad Henne would say, "they're not going to stop quitting"... :[

we'll be back next year

kudos on a great season, Cats

JCane
04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Proud of this team regardless. Sucks it had to end that way.

PhinsPhan11
04-27-2012, 03:21 PM
I was rooting for the Panthers, but now the Flyers have to take care of business against the Devils.

PortFin
04-27-2012, 07:30 PM
There is absolutely no shame in losing in 7 in double OT to the Devils. They entered the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the league, and they are always tough playoff competitors. Almost no one gave the Panthers a chance to even compete and yet the series could have gone either way. Also, they won their first division title ever this season, and took a big step in changing the culture around the team. That is HUGE, not only for team confidence and for the fanbase, but it will also go a long way in attracting free agents. Everyone credits Brian Campbell waiving his no trade clause as a turning point last offseason; after that, players saw Florida as a viable option again. Now that they are division champions, it only strengthens that view. Florida is no longer an NHL wasteland.

Any time you bring in that many new faces in the offseason, there will be a growth period. Players need time to learn to play together, and the longer they play together the better they will be. Obviously every team has new players every season, but the Panthers had an incredible number of them. This was an important season and they can build on it next year and the years to come. If they get a reliable goaltender and a real scoring threat, they will be dangerous. Gudbranson was hot and cold this year but he has elite potential and will get better and better in the next few years. The Panthers also have elite prospect John Huberdeau waiting to come up. I think they have a good future ahead of them, and while I like to see them do well, I do not identify myself as a Panthers fan so I am saying this without (too much) bias.

KDog13
04-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Good win by the Yotes, Mike Smith was on his game......I hope we (Predators) come out guns blazing for Game 2

PhinsPhan11
04-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Good win by the Yotes, Mike Smith was on his game......I hope we (Predators) come out guns blazing for Game 2
I obviously have no rooting interest, but that was a great game to start the series.

Ricky4Life
04-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Great way to open the series. Now time to take Game 2 at home Sunday as well.

zackmandude63
04-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Let's go Rangers!

Tomppa
04-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Let's go Predators! Rinne will take Nashville to finals.

KDog13
04-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Let's go Predators! Rinne will take Nashville to finals.

4 posts in, already my fav poster on Finheaven :D

PhinsPhan11
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
It made me a little nervous, but I'm so happy Briere was able to bail us out to get the Game 1 win.

Bumpus
04-29-2012, 07:55 PM
5-1 Final. Flyers win!!!

**** the Pens.

We are moving on.

Well, it took me an entire fugging week ... but, I'm finally ready to belatedly enter the handshake line.

Congrats.

Now, let's go Devils! :lol:

PhinsPhan11
04-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Took you long enough. :lol:

That was one of the most entertaining series that I've ever seen. Defense went out the window right from the jump. It's a shame we had to meet in round 1 because in my mind that was the ECF.

PortFin
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Took you long enough. :lol:

That was one of the most entertaining series that I've ever seen. Defense went out the window right from the jump. It's a shame we had to meet in round 1 because in my mind that was the ECF.

Agreed, that SHOULD have been the ECF. It's a real shame we didn't get another round or two to watch the Penguins, just like it would have been a shame to see the Flyers go that early, the way those two have been playing.

As for Nashville, it is not looking good right now in game two, down 1-0 in the series and 4-2 in the game. The game is certainly not over, but it will be tough to get three more by Mike Smith to get the W. However, as they say, a series never really starts until a team wins one on the road.

KDog13
04-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Ughh, Could be the second game we gave away....Leggy throwing the puck in front of the net for the Yotes to score, and then no one picking up Doan on the rebound goal. Literally killing ourselves but i'm not worried, I think we just need a charge from the home crowd and we can start winning again.

PortFin
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Radulov needs to play harder; they need him to be a difference maker in this series

PortFin
05-01-2012, 12:09 AM
What the Kings are pulling off this postseason has been nothing short of incredible. I don't like the Kings much (at all), but it's exciting to see a lower seeded team do so well.

PortFin
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Devils are coming out strong in the 2nd. The whole period has looked like a NJ powerplay. Bryzgalov has been surprisingly sharp this game, making a number of big saves that I didn't think he could

KDog13
05-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Wow what a ****ing game: Rangers vs Capitals....

Also, like I said I'm not worried bout the Preds, we even won without 2 of our better goal scorers. At home, we are really really good. We just need to steal one on the road but we've killed ourselves in the first two games.

PortFin
05-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Wow what a ****ing game: Rangers vs Capitals....

Also, like I said I'm not worried bout the Preds, we even won without 2 of our better goal scorers. At home, we are really really good. We just need to steal one on the road but we've killed ourselves in the first two games.

They might be better off without them the way those two have been playing defense this series. Predators play more like themselves without them. If I were Nashville I'd consider sitting them again. And hey, it might be good for their egos to realize the team can do without them if they don't buy in. Maybe it will make them dedicate themselves to playing a more complete game.

PhinsPhan11
05-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Well, that ****ing sucked. :bobdole:

PortFin
05-03-2012, 11:14 PM
The 2nd round in the East has been way more exciting than the 2nd round in the West.

PortFin
05-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Blues could sure use Halak right now. Elliott is not handling the pressure well. Too bad Halak is out for the series

KDog13
05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
They might be better off without them the way those two have been playing defense this series. Predators play more like themselves without them. If I were Nashville I'd consider sitting them again. And hey, it might be good for their egos to realize the team can do without them if they don't buy in. Maybe it will make them dedicate themselves to playing a more complete game.

We did and we lost

Down 2-0, nail biting begins :(

Ricky4Life
05-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Let's go Coyotes. Smith is on fire.

KDog13
05-08-2012, 12:25 AM
6 minutes left, and a great goal from Leggy to Wilson...cut in half. God im nervous as **** lol

KDog13
05-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Last minute....Gulp

KDog13
05-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Congrats Yotes fans, should be a great battle of goalies in the West Conference Finals

Ricky4Life
05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Going to be a great series, Yotes Vs Kings

Bumpus
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
*grins*

I can sleep happily tonight.

Bumpus
05-08-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm especially loving the "no thanks" on my above post. :evilmod:

... Can't believe I've gotta root for the Caps now. :idk:

PhinsPhan11
05-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm sure you are Bump.

This was just a disappointing effort by the Flyers in this series. With the Pens, there was no D and they could score at will, but when they played the Devils, they couldn't figure out that defense. I thought this series would have been a lot closer.

SpaceMountain16
05-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Flyers were absolutely trashed in that series, and they're lucky it went 5. I feel like I've never seen them so out muscled. They were completely out coached. Bryzgalov really didn't play well all playoffs, but he wasn't so bad in this series, the Flyers heralded offense was just suffocated. Completely went flat. It was like watching the 2000 Devils k.o. them. Gotta give credit where it's due, I think the Devils being veterans, played harder and wanted it more and the Flyers probably won their Stanley Cup in round 1 by knocking out their hated rivals. Bad matchup, not necessarily a better team on paper (I think the Flyers are way more talented), but they definitely were this series.

PortFin
05-10-2012, 07:39 AM
I just cannot believe the West finals is down to LA and Phoenix lol. Nothing against those franchises because both of them have played incredible hockey (especially Quick and Smith) but who would've thought when the playoffs began that it would come down to this?

I will say though, LA is no ordinary #8 seed; despite their offensive numbers in the regular season they've got a lot of scoring potential and getting Carter was a great trade for them because he and Richards obviously love playing together and it makes both of them better. They may not have clicked all through the season, but they are clicking at the right time. I think LA goes to the dance from the West. Not sure who to like from the East yet, we'll see who comes out on top in the NYR/WAS series

hooshoops
05-12-2012, 09:33 AM
caps are setting offense back to the stone age with the way they play the game under hunter...quite boring to watch...

PortFin
05-12-2012, 10:47 PM
NYR and NJD East Finals will be a great matchup. Not a big fan of either team but its a great rivalry

PortFin
05-13-2012, 10:48 PM
LA Kings are the 5th team in NHL history to win their first 6 road playoff games

PortFin
05-13-2012, 10:58 PM
My Portland Winterhawks just lost in game 7 of the WHL Finals. They lost in the Finals in consecutive years now. ugh...

Time to drink lol

KDog13
05-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Jeez, Kings are on FIRE!!!

Bumpus
05-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Damn, this thread has absolutely died.

:idk:

At this point, I think that I'm actually rooting for Jersey. :confused:

Maybe if Marty hoists Lord Stanley again, he'll decide to retire on top.

PortFin
05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Right now I think the Kings will win it. I'm rooting for them to as well, although I wouldn't mind seeing Lundqvist win it if the Rangers advance

Ricky4Life
05-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I hope the Kings lose but I don't see that happening. At least I can hope someone takes Brown out.

MiamiCalifornia
06-05-2012, 01:24 AM
The Kings are unstoppable! Wooooo

Bumpus
06-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Congrats, Kings!

Don't get comfortable, my Pens are coming back after it next year!