PDA

View Full Version : Obama's not-so-secret weapon: Newt Gingrich

BAMAPHIN 22
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Newt Gingrich is ready to kiss and make up.Appearing on Fox News this past Sunday, Gingrich didn't technically drop out of the presidential race. But he acknowledged what has been obvious for months: That he has no chance to win the 1,144 delegates necessary to win the nomination, and that his claim that he will somehow triumph at a contested convention was never really serious. Gingrich called Mitt Romney the "far and away the most likely" GOP nominee, suggesting he was now in the race primarily to influence the GOP platform.The former House speaker also vowed to campaign for Romney if and when Romney locks down the nomination. "I'd want to work this fall to help defeat Obama any way I could, whatever the team thinks I can do to be helpful, I would do," he said.At this point, however, the question isn't really what Gingrich can do to help Romney. It's whether he'll be able to even partially undo the damage he's already inflicted on Romney over a bitterly-fought primary campaign. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57411435-503544/obamas-not-so-secret-weapon-newt-gingrich/?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea

LANGER72
04-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Gingrich was entertaining for a couple of months, but Romney will have Chairman Obama's full attention. The primary is over.
The purpose of the primaries was to air out whatever dirty laundry that existed. Obama will not get much traction from old news.
Obama has to answer for his failed presidency and the state of the economy, high unemployment, higher gas prices, increased deficit..all of his unfulfilled promises...there is plenty to discuss.

Locke
04-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Gingrich was entertaining for a couple of months, but Romney will have Chairman Obama's full attention. The primary is over.
The purpose of the primaries was to air out whatever dirty laundry that existed. Obama will not get much traction from old news.
Obama has to answer for his failed presidency and the state of the economy, high unemployment, higher gas prices, increased deficit..all of his unfulfilled promises...there is plenty to discuss.

Romney will need to have answers for his Kerry-esque flip-flopping, his Romneycare, and his religion. Insensitive or not, being a Mormon will be an issue. If our economy continues to rebound, Romney is dead in the water. Obama will have to address the deficit and unemployment rate, that's about it. I don't see anything else you mentioned as relevant here. Obama going Die Hard on several high profile terrorists the last year or so is going to be one hell of a feather in his cap too. Romney has an uphill climb for sure. He better make a good choice with his VP...