PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless caught lying

GreenMachine
04-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Skip is such a chump. It is great to see him squirm.

Skip Bayless Caught in lie (http://video.staged.com/greenmachine/jalen_rose_exposes_skip_bayless_lies_about_high_s)

Bayless' ESPN co-host Jalen Rose, after a bit of research of his own, took on Skip after Bayless claimed that he started as a shot-happy point guard for a high school team that made the state finals in Oklahoma. Bayless didn't start for his high school squad, it turns out, and didn't even play for the varsity until his senior season, when he averaged 1.4 points per game.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jalen-rose-calls-skip-bayless-air-trumped-high-214530179.html;_ylt=AtGfjmweb9InjmD_fvamiaS8vLYF

rob19
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Water-Pistol Pete Jr :lol::lol:

X-Pacolypse
04-11-2012, 01:59 PM
ESPN should fire him, but they won't. Truly sad how clowns like this can maintain a job while many hardworking Americans get laid off everyday.

rob19
04-11-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9QJ8SKtZw&feature=g-all-u&context=G21142cdFAAAAAAAAAAA

They had a 20 minute pow-wow about this.

I don't mind Skip. He's entertaining, regardless of how wrong or right his opinion is.

Vaark
04-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Although he gets paid to stir things up as the despised villian, nevertheless, Brainless does talk out of his azz. It's funny how he can call LeBron "LeBrick" or Kevin Garnett "Garnot" ad nauseum and get away with defaming players usually who have no podium to strike back, but when someone comes on the show, either using derisive variations of his name, suggesting he knows **** because he didn't play the game, or just plain calling him out for his BS, he gets his bowels in an uproar and sometimes that guest debater is not seen again. Personally, I think Skippy is to sports analysis what Saban is to height. **** him and his wrestling act.

cbreeden
04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I've often wondered why ESPN puts up with Bayless. He is effacating and demonstrative in his opinions of athletes in general and while he may be an award-winning journalist/columnist his comments only bring frustration and irritation to those who listen. That little troll Steven A Smith is another who needs to reign in his derisive opinions. Rarely does he have anything positive to say and I would just as soon not have to listen to him when following the NBA. Both of those analysts could use a time-out for an extended period.

DphinBillkiller
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice to see Baylips getting what was coming to him!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/2na5l36-1.jpg

NY8123
04-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I can not fault Bayless in this situation, I have lived a similar situation with Baseball in high school. I was one of the best players on my JV team, batted off the charts (.440 I think), and I was a catcher and started every game, batted clean up.

Went to varsity where the coach was a long time adversary of my father (my father at one point played semi-pro baseball until injury derailed him), the coach hated my father, come cut day I was cut. The explanation behind the cut was, I was an arm swinger and wouldn't be able to hit a baseball at the varsity level even though I lead the JV team in batting average in terms of number of at bats (there were two higher averages with far fewer at bats). Also the coach brought in a kid who was a hockey player and personal friend to catch that season, kid hadn't played baseball since he was in little league and said his catching form was much better, it wasn't.

Years later I ran into the JV coach who was now the varsity coach and he apologized to me. Apologized because he said he would have walked off if that would have happened later in his career at the time he was 2 year into his first teaching position. Said I had as much talent as anyone he had ever seen from our area and should have played college ball somewhere. The greatest what if I have over my head to this day is giving up baseball, I am no fool, I don't think I would have made a career out of it but I wonder what would have happened in college had I played or walked on.

I got the high hard one in high school and I gave up on something I love to do, it taught me a lesson, I will never give up on anything now in my life because of it.

DzakkH13
04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
ESPN should fire him, but they won't. Truly sad how clowns like this can maintain a job while many hardworking Americans get laid off everyday.

Hard working Americans keep him relevant. If people stop watching him, he will be terminated.

I haven't watched his show in years. Sad so many people still do.

rob19
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I've often wondered why ESPN puts up with Bayless.

Ratings. They love him & Stephen; they're paid to be entertaining, not to be right. There's a reason they give him 2 hours of air-time everyday.

cbreeden
04-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Ratings. They love him & Stephen; they're paid to be entertaining, not to be right. There's a reason they give him 2 hours of air-time everyday.

The problem I have is they're not entertaining. They're a couple of sad little men who make a living dogging professional athletes. I'm sure ESPN execs were just eating it up when Jalen busted Skippy's balls knowing it made for "great television ratings". I just want to throw a brick through my TV every time that **** stick comes on.

NY8123
04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Hard working Americans keep him relevant. If people stop watching him, he will be terminated.

I haven't watched his show in years. Sad so many people still do.

It's better than Housewives or the Hills! Let's not get brash here lol.

GoonBoss
04-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Hold on...Someone took Skip Bayless seriously enough to do some homework?

Wow.

dreday
04-14-2012, 11:41 PM
he wins again.

people still talking about him, tweeting, and watching him on tv.

knappy
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Clueless is Nancy Grace with a different wig, IMO.

raymond
04-27-2012, 09:07 AM
i have to admit that i like skip but why lie?

wpkiessling
05-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Just another reason to avoid ESPN

Thumper1016
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Skip is an over paid tool.

rfreeman11
05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I still don't understand why he is on TV, Radio or any open media source, the guys says nothing ever of substance, and when he does its wrong, or obviously a lie.

DzakkH13
05-03-2012, 02:39 PM
It's better than Housewives or the Hills! Let's not get brash here lol.

Yeah but women keep those shows relevant.

Men keep skip relevant lol.