PDA

View Full Version : A break for Romney? Wife attacked

BAMAPHIN 22
04-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Last night on CNN, Democratic commentator Hilary Rosen -- who has no formal role with the Obama campaign -- said that Ann Romney has never worked a day in her life. The Romney campaign and GOP establishment went into overdrive on Twitter. “Hilary Rosen attacks Ann Romney, an MS & breast cancer survivor & mom of 5, for ‘never working a day in her life,’” said Romney spokeswoman Gail Gitcho. Ann Romney even started a Twitter account and said this: “I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.” And she’s now set to appear on FOX during the 10:00 am ET hour, NBC’s Garrett Haake notes. The Obama camp quickly distanced itself from Rosen’s remarks. Said David Axelrod over Twitter: “Disappointed in Hilary Rosen's comments about Ann Romney. They were inappropriate and offensive.” Of course, we’re now waiting for some Republican to make a comment about President Obama’s race, or for a Democrat to say something unflattering about Romney’s Mormon faith. Folks, it’s going to be a LONG year…)http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/12/11161001-first-thoughts-romney-struggles-to-close-the-gender-gap-but-catches-break?lite

Locke
04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Yup, welcome to campaign season. This is the time of year that makes me sad knowing I'm the same species as some of these people...

LouPhinFan
04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
It's not good when one of the advisors of your political party says that a housewife hasn't worked a day in her life. That won't go over well, no wonder Obama is running like wildfire away from Rosen's comments.

MadDog 88
04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
This lady just took a step back 40 years with her assanine comment. Not a Romney backer but raising 5 boys is an incredibly tough task. No surprise Obama is distancing himself from this clown.

Dolphins9954
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
War on Women!!!!!!!

LANGER72
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
A despicable comment. She used to have a role in the Obama political machine CNN, not any more. The Romney camp will have a very effective sound bite. Thanks Rosen.

SkapePhin
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
What a dumb comment. Raising 5 children is an incredibly difficult task, especially when the husband is busy and out of the picture most of the time.