PDA

View Full Version : Do they or don't they? Tannehill to Dolphins talk persists

DKphin
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
The Miami Dolphins might not move up in the draft to select Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill, but owner Stephen Ross would be in loud support of the move should general manager Jeff Ireland and coach Joe Philbin pull the trigger.

According to multiple reports, the Dolphins' owner covets Tannehill, who started just 19 games at quarterback for the Aggies, where he played for Miami's new offensive coordinator, Mike Sherman.

However, the Miami Herald published a denial from a "very, very, very highly placed source with the Dolphins organization."

Whether Ross actually advised Ireland to draft Tannehill or any other player would clearly be a touchy subject with the scouting staff and particularly Ireland, the general manager who has come under fire recently from a fan base that wanted Peyton Manning. Read more:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...-talk-persists (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18785774/do-they-or-dont-they-tannehill-to-dolphins-talk-persists)

Nawledge
04-23-2012, 04:45 PM
My god I just want this crap to be over with already

kloud_9
04-23-2012, 04:56 PM
The media eats this crap up don't they..

tthorpe13
04-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Wish it was Thursday night already.

JCfinfan
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM
All this BS is starting to get old.

luduporcu
04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
MIAMI cut MERLING today. To me, that says a pass-rusher, either DE or OLB. My thought is COUPLES, or else a trade-down, and then picking TWO, one in the 1st and another w/the extra 2nd. With our own 2nd, I'd try to move up by offering it plus both 3rds that we got for B MARSHALL, to move up as far as possible. Then, draft FLEENER with the new higher pick, and the best available WR w/our own 3rd. The 4th thru 7th picks are strictly b/p/a but limited to OLmen, WRs and CBs.

I would NOT draft a QB at all this year...unless he's a real bargain, valuewise. I'd rather wait for NEXT YEAR's draft to draft a QB. Next year's QB class looks to be much better than this year's.

CANDolphan
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
MIAMI cut MERLING today. To me, that says a pass-rusher, either DE or OLB. My thought is COUPLES, or else a trade-down, and then picking TWO, one in the 1st and another w/the extra 2nd. With our own 2nd, I'd try to move up by offering it plus both 3rds that we got for B MARSHALL, to move up as far as possible. Then, draft FLEENER with the new higher pick, and the best available WR w/our own 3rd. The 4th thru 7th picks are strictly b/p/a but limited to OLmen, WRs and CBs.

I would NOT draft a QB at all this year...unless he's a real bargain, valuewise. I'd rather wait for NEXT YEAR's draft to draft a QB.

What does Merling have to do with a pass rusher? He was a 3-4 DE. He was buried in the depth chart. You draft a guy in the 4th to replace that, not in the goddamn first. You have Odrick, Starks and McDaniel all above him.

Now, if we cut Misi, then I see your point

luduporcu
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
What does Merling have to do with a pass rusher? He was a 3-4 DE. He was buried in the depth chart. You draft a guy in the 4th to replace that, not in the goddamn first. You have Odrick, Starks and McDaniel all above him.

Now, if we cut Misi, then I see your point

MISI is irrelevant: he's apparently being tried at ILB. He's a bust as a 3-4 OLB, due to his total inability to pressure the QB.

If MIAMI is going to play ANY 4-3, any at all, there needs to be at least 1 4-3 DE, and probably 2. Even as a 3-4, unless MIAMI can get another outside pass rushing OLB, MIAMI is in trouble: BARDY and other solid QBs will eat the MIAMI "D" for lunch! Pressure!!! The GIANTS have shown the League that much...TWICE!!!

COUPLES and a number of others would be fine; so would a number of other combinations w/o COUPLES. But there's a BIG need for QB pressure, so unless TANNEHILL gets the world's best endorsement EVER from Coach SHERMAN, forget him, and wait until the 2013 Draft for MIAMI to draft a 1st Round QB.

finfan54
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
its coples not fred couples

2413fanphins
04-23-2012, 09:33 PM
theres no way this regime is taking a quarterback.

they will take decastro IMO..

I wish they would pull the trigger on keuchly. It should be an interesting first round.

TheWarriorFins
04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
theres no way this regime is taking a quarterback.

they will take decastro IMO..

I wish they would pull the trigger on keuchly. It should be an interesting first round.

I wouldn't mind keuchly at all and ireland said he sees 10 elite prospects in this draft their is no way in hell Tannehill could possibly be elite or top 10