PDA

View Full Version : ###Official New York Yankees Thread###

NY8123
04-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Love em' hate em' you all know you want Miami to win like them year in and year out. Couldn't believe there wasn't a thread here about the Yanks.

Give some props to Jeter this season, boys on fire out of the gates.

nyjunc
04-24-2012, 08:39 AM
who could possibly hate the Yankees?

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Yankees!

NY8123
04-24-2012, 11:43 AM

Everybody who doesn't like them lol.

CalDolFan1014
04-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Go Evil Empire!!!

Man, I get so many questions about being a Dolphins/Yankees fan in California it's ridiculous. :lol:

NY8123
04-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Go Evil Empire!!!

Man, I get so many questions about being a Dolphins/Yankees fan in California it's ridiculous. :lol:

Probably about as many as I get being a Dolphins/Yankees fan from NY lol. They only half understand me. Lol.

NY8123
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Kuroda with a solid outing but man Darvish was just a lawn mower last night, wow.

sjsharkfanredux
04-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Saw this thread. I'm also a yankees/dolphins/lakers/sharks fans. Friends always give me flack but these were the teams that i first saw on tv when i was young. Sad that Pineda got hurt and out for the year while Montero is catching and slowly raisng his stats

Rotation that was thought to be a strength is crumpling with pineda out and hughes ineffective. Man that self-imposed salary cap prevented them from signing darvish.

Demp444
04-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Man a Yankees thread on a dolphins forum that is great.

CalDolFan1014
04-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Ugh...we need some damn starting pitching. :/ Other than Nova and CC, we are very mediocre in this area. Garcia shouldn't even be on this team!

Thank goodness for our hitting and bullpen!

NY8123
04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
It always seems like pitching gets better in pre-season only to crumble out of the gates. I have no idea why the hell the rotation cannot have two solid starters, Nova has pitched well but I ask myself how long it is going to last and Kuroda pitches one great game and then a spotty one, I hope he finds the same rhythm that Wang did.

CC and Mo, without em' the team is buried right now, I hope the Andy man can give us a solid number three when he comes back.

tylerdolphin
04-30-2012, 04:22 PM
It always seems like pitching gets better in pre-season only to crumble out of the gates. I have no idea why the hell the rotation cannot have two solid starters, Nova has pitched well but I ask myself how long it is going to last and Kuroda pitches one great game and then a spotty one, I hope he finds the same rhythm that Wang did.

CC and Mo, without em' the team is buried right now, I hope the Andy man can give us a solid number three when he comes back.

I miss Wang...that dude was a model of consistency. Shame he got hurt.

NY8123
05-04-2012, 06:47 AM
WTF? Shagging fly balls.....really. I mean really.

nyjunc
05-04-2012, 08:20 AM
WTF? Shagging fly balls.....really. I mean really.

He's been doing it his entire career, it's a shame his career may end like this but I can't blame it on shagging fly balls.

tylerdolphin
05-04-2012, 09:52 AM
He's been doing it his entire career, it's a shame his career may end like this but I can't blame it on shagging fly balls.

Yep. Coulda just as easy happened with him walking down stairs or something. It was just a freak accident. You cant keep him in a bubble.

PhinzN703
05-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Awkward way to have your career end if that's what's going to happen

CalDolFan1014
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Ugh, what a shame. If it is indeed the end of his career, it's been a hell of a ride. An end of an era perhaps. This just goes to show he worked his ass off doing what he loved even if it meant putting himself in harms way. Who closes for us now? DRob? I think he's earned his chance.

tylerdolphin
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Ugh, what a shame. If it is indeed the end of his career, it's been a hell of a ride. An end of an era perhaps. This just goes to show he worked his ass off doing what he loved even if it meant putting himself in harms way. Who closes for us now? DRob? I think he's earned his chance.

Id assume so. He seems to be the obvious option.

NY8123
05-04-2012, 11:26 PM

Yeah I know Junc. I have watched him shag balls. I know he's done it is entire career but it doesn't make make it any easier to swallow. Love him or hate him to watch a hall of fame player potentially come to an end like that is just ....Meh....hard to swallow. Kinda like Marino's last playoff game. Leaves a horrid taste.

Roman529
05-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Sorry to see Mariano Rivera get hurt like that...hopefully that won't be the end of his career.

Uglis
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
It is a shame to see the best closer possibly ever go down like that. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

NY8123
05-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Pettitte gets the loss but he looked decent his first start after a one hiatus. Let's see if he can carry over the 20 games or so he will pitch.

CalDolFan1014
05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
What was once a strength this season, now looks like a medical ward! :bobdole:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/eye-on-baseball/19055213/yankees-place-david-robertson-on-disabled-list-with-oblique-injury

The Yankees (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/NYY/new-york-yankees) once-stellar three-man back-end of the bullpen is now down to one, at least temporarily. David Robertson (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1622557/david-robertson) has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique muscle, the Yankees announced Tuesday afternoon.

Robertson, 27, hadn't pitched since May 11 due to the oblique issue. He had yet to allow a single earned run until his May 9 outing against the Rays (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/TB/tampa-bay-rays), when he blew the save and allowed four runs. Still, that's the only time this season he's allowed any earned runs, and he has a 2.51 ERA with 24 strikeouts in 14 1/3 innings.

NY8123
05-15-2012, 09:20 PM
What was once a strength this season, now looks like a medical ward! :bobdole:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/eye-on-baseball/19055213/yankees-place-david-robertson-on-disabled-list-with-oblique-injury

Goddamn it. This is just getting ridiculous at this point.

NY8123
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Up and down, up and down. I fear it is the season ahead, the pitching just isn't good enough right now.

NY8123
06-03-2012, 05:09 PM
and then the pitching wakes up in the last 10. WTF? I don't understand it with the Yanks. They're on then they're off.

CalDolFan1014
06-18-2012, 12:50 AM
and then the pitching wakes up in the last 10. WTF? I don't understand it with the Yanks. They're on then they're off.

...and back ON again! Hell of a job sweeping the first place Nats in their own stadium. 9 straight wins and the Yanks aren't even playing their best right now, I feel. Let's just hope this continues into the second half of the season. More good news...DRob should be making his return soon.

NY8123
06-20-2012, 05:49 AM
...and back ON again! Hell of a job sweeping the first place Nats in their own stadium. 9 straight wins and the Yanks aren't even playing their best right now, I feel. Let's just hope this continues into the second half of the season. More good news...DRob should be making his return soon.

Make it 10!

NY8123
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
I like everything but the hitting with runners in scoring position. That is a major concern right now with the Yanks.

Vaark
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Eom

NY8123
07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
So the question remains doest the evil empire have enough pitching and hitting to do it in the post season or will the teams weakness be exploited by superior post season pitching?

League leading team wins and HR's belted, 9th in ERA. Let's see if the Yanks can make a run on 100+ win season and grab number 28!

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 11:53 AM
I think they have enough pitching assuming CC and Pettitte are healthy for the stretch, I worry about the bats in october as it's been the bats that have derailed hopes most of the last decade.

NY8123
07-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I think they have enough pitching assuming CC and Pettitte are healthy for the stretch, I worry about the bats in october as it's been the bats that have derailed hopes most of the last decade.

I worry about that nifty little stat I heard on ESPN the other day, the one that showed the Yanks record when hitting a homerun verse not hitting a homerun in a game. It was a drastic fall off in production, I cannot remember the stat exactly but it was somewhere on the order of .800 winning percentage when hitting a HR verse .200 when not hitting the long ball in a game. The point being made was whether they could drive enough runs in during the post season to threaten for a World Series win.

I kinda gotta agree with the commentators and say, they need RBI's in every fashion not just off home runs.

CalDolFan1014
07-24-2012, 02:32 AM
After getting swept by the hot A's this past weekend, we finally end the funk against the Mariners. Speaking of which, it looks like the Yanks have recruited one of the greatest pure hitters in of this era! Welcome to the Bronx, Ichiro!

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/19642524/ichiro-fills-hole-for-yankees-and-mariners-can-start-planning-to-rebuild

NY8123
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I am on the fence about A-Rod guys, as bad as that sounds does the injury that takes him out of the line up hurt or help the yanks?

I wonder who/if they sign before the trade deadline? Chavez? Headley? Nunez? Stick with what they have in the system?

I think given A-Rods numbers you don't go after a guy like Headley, you stick to what you have or find a decent value player to serve as depth at 3rd like Nunez etc...the stats say that A-Rods absents will not lead to a lack of production or lack of wins.

CalDolFan1014
07-27-2012, 07:38 AM
I am on the fence about A-Rod guys, as bad as that sounds does the injury that takes him out of the line up hurt or help the yanks?

I wonder who/if they sign before the trade deadline? Chavez? Headley? Nunez? Stick with what they have in the system?

I think given A-Rods numbers you don't go after a guy like Headley, you stick to what you have or find a decent value player to serve as depth at 3rd like Nunez etc...the stats say that A-Rods absents will not lead to a lack of production or lack of wins.

I've been hearing they might not go after a big name at 3rd base since Arod is supposed to return in about a couple months...in time for the postseason. Not only that but Chavez had been doing a decent job as his backup. One name going around is Ty Wiggington.

All that being said, I can't wait for this weekend's homecoming again the Sox. I hope we sweep them and really ruin their chances at a playoff spot. Even through the injuries, Boston has to be one of the most disappointing and underachieving teams this season (along with Philadelphia). I'm still laughing that they thought hiring Valentine was going to turn that around. :lol:

tylerdolphin
07-27-2012, 09:20 AM

It obviously hurts a little, but its not crippling. A-Rod at this point is a league average hitter. I mean, thats sounds blah and it really is when youre paying the guy 30M, but given the staggering lack of 3rd base production around the league it could be worse. You have to take his positional value into account.

Thats the main reason I cant see us adding a 3rd baseman. If he was an OF, then yeah it would be easy to add someone. You cant just go out and get a decent 3rd baseman for cheap though. The position is in demand. Anyone they would probably get is no better or not much better than Chavez, so why bother? I dont think the position has ever been this dry in recent memory.

Still cant believe we are paying A-Rod 30M :bobdole:. Any retard could have told the Yanks that the contract was doomed to be a disaster.

CalDolFan1014
07-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah...Arod is grossly overpaid for the production he had been putting out.

NY8123
07-28-2012, 12:11 PM
It obviously hurts a little, but its not crippling. A-Rod at this point is a league average hitter. I mean, thats sounds blah and it really is when youre paying the guy 30M, but given the staggering lack of 3rd base production around the league it could be worse. You have to take his positional value into account.

Thats the main reason I cant see us adding a 3rd baseman. If he was an OF, then yeah it would be easy to add someone. You cant just go out and get a decent 3rd baseman for cheap though. The position is in demand. Anyone they would probably get is no better or not much better than Chavez, so why bother? I dont think the position has ever been this dry in recent memory.

Still cant believe we are paying A-Rod 30M :bobdole:. Any retard could have told the Yanks that the contract was doomed to be a disaster.

I agree everyone hammered Jeet last season about his lack of production and decline but man, I wouldn't have predicted that A-Rod would have declined so fast. If anything I would have given him a shot at being more productive longer based upon two things, 1) his power is much better than Jeter and that usually leads to more sustainable number for RBI's and 2) the range at third base isn't as big as the range needed to play short stop.

30mil a year is way too high for a player putting up A-Rods numbers. It was clear when the Yankees signed him they assumed he would challenge for the homerun lead at some point in his career. I don't see that happening at this point, 120 (roughly) more dingers at 38 years old (his regular season is over this year basically so he will 38 when he resumes) isn't reasonable.

tylerdolphin
07-28-2012, 12:38 PM
A-Rod will never hit 30 HRs in a year again, so that record really is pretty much impossible.

NY8123
07-30-2012, 08:51 AM
A-Rod will never hit 30 HRs in a year again, so that record really is pretty much impossible.

I agree. The only shot he has at it would be to at DH. Get off the field and DH.

Eli_Manning
08-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm a Dolphin/Steelers/Lakers/Heat/Red Wings/Celtics/Yankees/Duke Basketball/Alabama Football/Manchester United/Anderson Silva/Floyd Mayweather/John Cena fanatic.

tylerdolphin
08-01-2012, 02:34 PM
11-1 now. Cano just hit a grand slam. After the last few days of futility this :feelsgoodman:

NY8123
08-07-2012, 02:35 PM
11-1 now. Cano just hit a grand slam. After the last few days of futility this :feelsgoodman:

This seems like so long ago. Man.

NY8123
08-21-2012, 10:52 AM
And the Yanks come alive again for a stretch. I hope the right pitching staff shows up in the post season, one second they look like a grade A staff and the next total ****.

CalDolFan1014
08-23-2012, 12:57 PM
And the Yanks come alive again for a stretch. I hope the right pitching staff shows up in the post season, one second they look like a grade A staff and the next total ****.

Damnit, NY! You jinxed us! :lol:

Ugh, Tampa Bay is closing in on us fast. No bueno!

NY8123
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Pitching is going to kill the Yanks in the post season.

CalDolFan1014
09-03-2012, 07:59 PM
What started out as a 10 game lead for the Yankees in the AL East not too long ago, is now down to just measley 1 game, and we STILL have 2 more games in Tampa Bay and 4 in Baltimore this week. This is not looking good :bobdole:

EDIT: And a month n a half later...a 10 game lead has vanished. Age catching up, injuries piling up, and our mediocre starting pitching (besides CC) is rearing it's ugly head at the worst of times. Sigh...guess it's gonna be a hard-nosed battle now.

NY8123
09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
What started out as a 10 game lead for the Yankees in the AL East not too long ago, is now down to just measley 1 game, and we STILL have 2 more games in Tampa Bay and 4 in Baltimore this week. This is not looking good :bobdole:

EDIT: And a month n a half later...a 10 game lead has vanished. Age catching up, injuries piling up, and our mediocre starting pitching (besides CC) is rearing it's ugly head at the worst of times. Sigh...guess it's gonna be a hard-nosed battle now.

Tell me about it. This is just disturbing, not only has the lead vanished so has the lock on a playoff spot. If the Yanks don't start playing again not only are they in trouble of not wining the division they could very well miss the post season.

nyjunc
09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
No need to panic, they will be fine.

NY8123
09-15-2012, 07:45 AM
No need to panic, they will be fine.

I hope you're right junc. I think they make the post season play but I am extremely worried about pitching once they get there.

CalDolFan1014
10-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuul!!!!

tylerdolphin
10-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Unreal. I went ape**** on the first HR...Was almost too stunned to celebrate the second. Ive never seen anything like that. Ibanez is approaching Aaron Boone territory on that ****.

Feeling pretty damn god about this series now. Even if Hughes cant get it done we got CC on full rest to pitch game 5. Ill take those odds.

Phinatic8u
10-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Tyler your a Yankee's fan?

**** you dude.

tylerdolphin
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Absolutely. Deep family thing...All 4 of my grandparents and both my parents are Yankees diehards.

CalDolFan1014
10-13-2012, 02:24 PM
CC's a mother****'n beast! Thank goodness he's on our side! Gonna be a fun series against Tigers.

NY8123
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Strip club and Ibanez. Lol. SP? Hammered.

Roman529
10-14-2012, 12:02 AM
I have never cared for the Yankees, but I am really happy for Raul Ibanez, who played for my Phillies. He was always a class act, and it's nice seeing him doing this late in his career. Great playoff games...lots of good comebacks.

NY8123
10-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Only in New York would there bhe 20 ish naked woman alternating on stage and 85% of the males are fixed on the Yankees in the 11th.

NY8123
10-14-2012, 12:52 AM

CalDolFan1014
10-14-2012, 03:48 AM
****ing hell...first we lose the game and now we lose our captain! :bobdole:

WHY the hell did it have to be Jeter????????

Oh and can someone ship that way overpaid, under-performing choke artist ARod off our team??? God, I don't think I've never seen such a worse investment in all of sports.

NY8123
10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Well this year has ****ing sucked for Mo now Jeet. I have no idea how you can make a post season and feel like you've lost it all.

nyjunc
10-15-2012, 08:51 AM
it's the same thing every postseason, they can never hit in october.

Roman529
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Cano and Granderson have done little.....Raul Ibanez is keeping you in it.

CalDolFan1014
10-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Other than Ibanez and maybe Suzuki, this has been a pathetic showing by the Yankees' offense this series. Absolutely awful. Too many guys wanting to be heroes instead of hitting singles/doubles to keep innings alive when we DO happen to get men on base. Pitching has been decent and it's a shame they haven't gotten any run support in these three games. ARod has been a major ripoff for us and it looks like his struggles were contagious. Unfortunately we may be stuck with him.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 08:29 AM
every year people complain about the pitching all year and every october we lose b/c we can't hit yet we bring back the same offense every year.

Dolfan3773
10-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Game postponed until tomorrow...4pm.

tylerdolphin
10-18-2012, 05:52 PM
This is the most sad, pathetic, heartless playoff team I have ever seen in any sport. No heart whatsoever in that lineup. The pitching has been almost nothing but stellar, but that lineu is literally the worst thing Ive ever had the "privilege" of watching. Id FAR rather watch the 07 Dolphins because at least they just sucked talent-wise, but were trying hard. These mother ****ers dont even give a ****.

**** Robinson Cano. You useless sack of ****. He has all the talent in the world and just decides hes gonna get 2 hits in 9 god damn games? **** him. Thats completely ridiculous. And **** Swisher, Granderson, Teixeira, ARod, and any other over-paid, underproducing bums I missed. **** em. Blow this **** up and start over.

Seriously. Every ****ing starting pitcher pitched their asses off all playoffs. If you told me these guys would go out there and be giving up 2 runs or less on a regular basis all playoffs, Id say we win the WS easily. But nope. The second they give up 1 run its an insurmountable ****ing lead unless one of the cheapest players on our active roster bails us out with a last second HR. What the **** is wrong with this picture? **** this ****. Im out.

And yes. I mad.

Dolfan3773
10-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Per Darren Rovell : Yankees total payroll 1996-2000: $393.3 Million, 4 titles. Yankees total payroll 2001-2012: $2.17 Billion, 1 title...yikes.

NY8123
11-02-2012, 10:20 AM
It is time to get A-Rod the hell out of dodge. He is horrible and his decline is astronomical compared to his value. Ship him out of town on the first avalible train to whoever wants him and move along. This team needs young talent and I could think of no better place to start then 3rd base.

NY8123
11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Well I wouldn't care if the Yank's let everyone walk that wants to walk. Swisher, Soriano, A-rod and even Cano if he wants exorbitant amounts of cash at the end of this upcoming season. Time to bring in the youth movement like the good ol' days when Jeter, Mo and Andy were youngins'!!

NY8123
01-30-2013, 03:45 PM
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/a-rods-legacy-is-destroyed-what-legacy/related/

I couldn't agree more with this writeup. If I were Cashman i'd figure out a way to dump this bum, what a fall and what arrogance.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Cashman has been trying to find a way to dump ARod for years, if there is a way they will do it.

tylerdolphin
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Close to no chance they void his contract. The MLBPA would never let it happen. Our only shot is if theres some clause in his contract that we are unaware of that voids the deal if he is caught using steroids...and even then theres no positive test.

NY8123
01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Cashman has been trying to find a way to dump ARod for years, if there is a way they will do it.

Close to no chance they void his contract. The MLBPA would never let it happen. Our only shot is if theres some clause in his contract that we are unaware of that voids the deal if he is caught using steroids...and even then theres no positive test.

Well be sure the Cashman is damn sure trying to dump his ass. I surely hope they find away to do it.

http://nesn.com/2013/01/yankees-have-couple-of-ways-they-could-get-rid-of-alex-rodriguez-after-ped-allegations/

NY8123
04-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Can the evil empire tread water long enough to get health?

I just do not see this team falling too far belorw .500 even with the rash of injuries.

tylerdolphin
04-05-2013, 12:44 PM
With this lineup we are playing now, we will be somewhere in the neighborhood of .400 when we start getting everyone back and I just dont think this team even when healthy is good enough to overcome that and make the playoffs. And ARod is done. Like done done. Ill be stunned if he ever hit 20 HRs again. Tex has declined every year. Ichiro is a below average player at this point. Youk is going to have a DL stint. Jeter is a year older and coming off a nasty injury. Catcher is an offensive black hole. This team is just way too flawed to overcome the early rash of injuries IMO.

bucket656
04-05-2013, 03:53 PM
With this lineup we are playing now, we will be somewhere in the neighborhood of .400 when we start getting everyone back and I just dont think this team even when healthy is good enough to overcome that and make the playoffs. And ARod is done. Like done done. Ill be stunned if he ever hit 20 HRs again. Tex has declined every year. Ichiro is a below average player at this point. Youk is going to have a DL stint. Jeter is a year older and coming off a nasty injury. Catcher is an offensive black hole. This team is just way too flawed to overcome the early rash of injuries IMO.

mo looked decent in his save the other day, altho the game clinchin strike was a bad call but hey he got outta the jam.

NY8123
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Well it is time to clean house again in NY. We have too many huge contracts and not enough production, A-Rod can lead the list of players out the door. Tex might as well take April and May off becasue it is June before he warms up at the plate but at least he adds a good gloce at 1st, something Giambi never had.

This is the who's who of older starts that is for sure but I bet they dig out of the hole, these guys will have a run, no deep post season push or anything like that but they will have a go at it. It is still time to clean house after the season however.

Dob86
04-30-2013, 12:01 PM

anybody that likes the sport of baseball

CalDolFan1014
05-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Wow. What the Yankees are doing so far is amazing. They might have half their team on the DL, but there they are in first place in the AL East....much better than even I expected. Wells has been awesome for us and Mariano just keeps racking up those saves. Keep it up Yanks!

NY8123
05-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Wow. What the Yankees are doing so far is amazing. They might have half their team on the DL, but there they are in first place in the AL East....much better than even I expected. Wells has been awesome for us and Mariano just keeps racking up those saves. Keep it up Yanks!

I think the Yankees are better with half their team on the DL lol. Let Jeter fill in here and there and get Granderson back and the rest can stay sitting if you ask me.