PDA

View Full Version : Trade with Seattle?

72PhinFan
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Something has really been gnawing on me; that dinner Tannehill had with the Dolphins. Why was Seattle there. What if the Dolphins don't want Tannehill but Seatte does. And the Dolphins have a player in mind they know will be available at 12 as long as no one suspects they want him. Also, remember the Dolphins have Cap issues. So Seattle signs Flynn to make the deal; 12 and Flynn for 8. Dolphins save Cap because they aren't on the books for a signing bonus. Plus the player they pick at 12 will be much cheaper in the fifth year of the contract.

Or is this nuts.

finfanaz
04-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Something has really been gnawing on me; that dinner Tannehill had with the Dolphins. Why was Seattle there. What if the Dolphins don't want Tannehill but Seatte does. And the Dolphins have a player in mind they know will be available at 12 as long as no one suspects they want him. Also, remember the Dolphins have Cap issues. So Seattle signs Flynn to make the deal; 12 and Flynn for 8. Dolphins save Cap because they aren't on the books for a signing bonus. Plus the player they pick at 12 will be much cheaper in the fifth year of the contract.

Or is this nuts.

Your logic is sound, seems a bit to crazy for me to get on board though. I've never heard of anything like this going down in a draft. I'm still mulling this scenario over in my head but at first thought I don't think i'd be very happy if this were to actually turn out.

insomnia411
04-24-2012, 11:59 AM
If we trade down with Seattle and pick up a 2nd round pick or a 1st next year, I would be thrilled.

I am not at all interested in Matt Flynn.

finfanaz
04-24-2012, 12:17 PM
If we trade down with Seattle and pick up a 2nd round pick or a 1st next year, I would be thrilled.

I am not at all interested in Matt Flynn.

^^^ This

foozool13
04-24-2012, 12:23 PM
That would be some serious collusion. Why the heck would Seattle risk signing a player in hopes to trade him? I get what you are saying and yes there is a very small chance maybe its true, but I just dont see it. Seattle would be taking ALL of the risk here and not to mention what if someone trade into 7 and drafts Tannehill. Then Seattle is ****ed!

72PhinFan
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
That would be some serious collusion. Why the heck would Seattle risk signing a player in hopes to trade him? I get what you are saying and yes there is a very small chance maybe its true, but I just dont see it. Seattle would be taking ALL of the risk here and not to mention what if someone trade into 7 and drafts Tannehill. Then Seattle is ****ed!

No, they would still have Flynn. And Dolphins would have Garrard as a contingency. They're the ones at risk with this scenario.

Vaark
04-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Now that would be more of a Machiavellian maneuver than I'd ever credit Ireland for orchestrating. However, I agree that all it takes is for a team to jump us in Cleveland's, TB's or Jacksonville's slot to make this possibility tenuous at best if it is indeed Tannehill they covet (which by all reports seems to be so).

Besides that, personally, I'd be happier with Weeden than either Tanny or Flynn.

tcdrover
04-24-2012, 12:43 PM
This is news to me. Seattle was at the dinner they had with him?

That doesn't make sense, are you sure it is accurate?

mcduff81
04-24-2012, 12:51 PM
that is some crazy stuff. Not even Brett Mercuri would think of that scenario...

finfan54
04-24-2012, 12:56 PM
All I know is it sure seems that Ireland is looking to trade down with all these guys we suddenly have interest in like Gilmore. I keep thinking we are trading down and then maybe again or We sell Wake to Cincy for 21 and another pick and we end up w/ Tannehill and a PR

Tunaphish429
04-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Does not make any sense for Seattle to sign a player like Flynn then trade him...and it makes even less sense for the Phins to trade for him now when they have the chance to do so.

SamIam
04-24-2012, 01:33 PM
I think you have gone nuts... :lol:

finfan54
04-24-2012, 02:32 PM
I think pete carroll wanted to crash the dinner and do the choke sign again

foozool13
04-24-2012, 03:43 PM
No, they would still have Flynn. And Dolphins would have Garrard as a contingency. They're the ones at risk with this scenario.

So you think Miami is the one at risk here??? I disagree. In this crazy scenario, Seattle essentially singed a QB they didnt want (Flynn) and Miami got Garrard a guy we wanted (not that he is much).

NEPA Phin Phan
04-24-2012, 11:20 PM

Exactly, what if Tannehill is gone by 8, makes no sense for Seattle.