PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill better than RG3?

Blake the great
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Just got done watching RG3 against Oklahoma state and Ryan Tannehill versus Oklahoma state and I have to say that I was not impressed with RG3. His decision making was terrible and I really thought Tannehill played better against Oklahoma state. I know Tannehill threw three picks in the game but only one of them was his own fault, the other two either the receiver fell down or they receiver tipped the ball in the air.

RG3 doesn't impress me in this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XnqD0HN-08

Blake the great
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Tannehill looks better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BATjEpA6nA

Mudder1310
04-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Tannehill would look a lot better if there weren't 64 dropped passes for A&M.

WaxOn WaxOff
04-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Did you notice Weeden in any of those videos?

Valandui
04-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Completely agree.

edaniel1717
04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
3 of those INTS were on Tannehill... good film though

LikeUntoGod
04-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Weeden beat all of these guys this season. Thunk on that one!

JerryWrasse
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
i dont think so

LikeUntoGod
04-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Brandon Weeden beat Robert Griffin 59 to 24, he beat Andrew Luck in the Fiesta Bowl, he beat Landry Jones, he beat Ryan Tannehill.

Really makes you think..............................

fininpsl
04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Weeden beat all of these guys this season. Thunk on that one!

No. OSU beat all of those guys this season. I'd take Weeden's supporting cast over Tanneyhill's supporting cast 8 days a week. You can't read too much into the records of the teams.

Cole Hbr finfan
04-24-2012, 10:03 PM
no

hooshoops
04-24-2012, 10:13 PM
i think rg3 is quite overrated...

Blake the great
04-24-2012, 10:30 PM
I like Weeden, he's a winner and I would love to see us draft him in late first or early 2nd but I really dont think the Fins are targeting Weeden.

SF Dolphin Fan
04-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Brandon Weeden beat Robert Griffin 59 to 24, he beat Andrew Luck in the Fiesta Bowl, he beat Landry Jones, he beat Ryan Tannehill.

Really makes you think..............................Yeah, I don't know why he doesn't get more credit. It's not like he's 5-10 with a weak arm and just benefits from the system he's in. Guy has serious talent. I love Blackmon, but a lot of his success is due to Weeden. I'd love Miami to trade back a bit and get Weeden, but I'm ok with Tannehill as I think he could be special in time.

Mudder1310
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Weeden didn't beat Luck, the Stanford kicker lost to OSU.

TheWarriorFins
04-24-2012, 11:53 PM
RG3 is overrated but no where near overrated as Tannehill

Awsi Dooger
04-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Regardless where he ends up, I hope Tannehill is far superior to Griffin, who has always rubbed me the wrong way. No different at the Gruden quarterback camp, with Griffin's ridiculous, "Party on the left arm, all business on the right arm," loud jingling nonsense. I guarantee plenty of NFL defenders watched that program and made plans for their encounters with Griffin. I still don't think that guy has any clue that he played in a video game conference, and was handed the Heisman based on a string of home games to end the season. I'm glad he'll be playing in a division with three formidable opponents.

In terms of Tannehill vs. Griffin, anyone who made their mark based on Big 12 passing is rightfully devalued, IMO. You could blindly hit more than 60% of predictions by applying that simple criteria alone. Today on ESPN I heard Bill Polian describe Brandon Weeden's arm as nothing special, or words to that effect. I realize there's dispute along those lines. I agree with Polian's version. Lots of tight revolutions but the strength never blew me away. Certainly good enough to easily pass the criteria I always use: "Can he zip it in there parallel on 3rd and 10?"

Tureo
04-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Every year before the draft it's common to think that all the black qbs suck. I've watched this inexplicable phenomena for years now. Lol.

JRYCRL
04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Every year before the draft it's common to think that all the black qbs suck. I've watched this inexplicable phenomena for years now. Lol.

Well, for what it's worth, I want the Phins to pass on Tannehill and take Wilson in the 6th-7th.

Blake the great
04-25-2012, 08:55 AM

Seriously? that couldnt be further from the truth, if anything black qbs get pushed up draft boards. Examples Mike Vick (1st Qb taken in 01) Vince Young (1st QB taken) Jamarcus Russell (1st QB taken) Cam Newton (1st QB taken) but race has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, did you watch the video I posted of RG3? he looks awful, horrible accuracy and decision making.

hooshoops
04-25-2012, 09:04 AM
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if tannehill gets time to develop before he's thrown to the wolves he'll be the 2nd best nfl qb to come out of this class...behind only luck...he's got some tools in his shed that many of these other guys don't possess...very good feel for the pocket and pressure climbs the pocket nicely when he feels outside rush always keeps his eyes downfield looking for a target when scrambling but willing to run if its there nfl prototype size very good athleticism throws equally well rolling out to the right or left which is rare most guys can only throw rolling to their strong side with accuracy...the more i look the more i see throws with anticipation...ability to elude the rush with quick subtle foot movements etc...willing to stand in and deliver in the face of the rush doesn't shirk contact unlike blaine gabbert...ii think if this kid had more talent around him and played more qb in college that we would be talking about a top 10 pick...

he's got all the tools

j-off-her-doll
04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if tannehill gets time to develop before he's thrown to the wolves he'll be the 2nd best nfl qb to come out of this class...behind only luck...he's got some tools in his shed that many of these other guys don't possess...very good feel for the pocket and pressure climbs the pocket nicely when he feels outside rush always keeps his eyes downfield looking for a target when scrambling but willing to run if its there nfl prototype size very good athleticism throws equally well rolling out to the right or left which is rare most guys can only throw rolling to their strong side with accuracy...ability to elude the rush with quick subtle foot movements etc...willing to stand in and deliver in the face of the rush doesn't shirk contact unlike blaine gabbert...ii think if this kid had more talent around him and played more qb in college that we would be talking about a top 10 pick...

he's got all the tools

We ARE talking about a top 10 pick! No, but I know what you're saying, and I agree. I think he's worth a roll of the dice.

hooshoops
04-25-2012, 09:08 AM
We ARE talking about a top 10 pick! No, but I know what you're saying, and I agree. I think he's worth a roll of the dice.

i meant universally a top 10 pick... ha ha