PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

BlueFin
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
and if the Dolphin braintrust passes on him they will be screwing up yet again.

This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB, He's big, he's athletic, fast, strong arm, Accurate........he loves the game in "Peyton Manning" kind of way.

Yes, he'll need a season probably to acclimate to the NFL....but if we could go back and draft Drew Brees knowing he needed some time to adjust, wouldn't we do it?

Same with Aaron Rogers......wouldn't that be better than what we've wasted 12 years trying to do?

If you don't like Tannehill as a prospect, then I totally understand.....if you don't want to draft him because you think it's a litttle to high at 8, or because he might need time to adjust to the NFL....then I think your making a mistake.

This kid has everything your looking for, with the only exception being that he didn't play QB for 4 years in college. But many others that have succeeded in the NFL didn't either....including Cam Newton.

Heatmagic84
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
I almost dropped dead when I read an Akili Smith comparison today from Grantland. Just posting the other side of what could be. I'm hoping we don't have the option of taking RT but I'll support whatever they think is best.

QuarterbacksBest: Tom Brady (76.6 points above expected return)
Worst: Akili Smith (-45.9 points)
We've really forgotten as a culture just how bad Akili Smith was. He's basically the Ryan Tannehill nightmare; after just two years of action in college, Smith's ideal size and arm strength pushed him up draft boards during the spring of 1999. He eventually settled in as the third franchise quarterback in a three-man group, and the Bengals made him the third overall pick behind fellow signal-callers Tim Couch and Donovan McNabb. McNabb was good, and Couch was middling, but Smith was abysmal. He completed 46.6 percent of his passes as a pro, threw 13 interceptions against just five touchdowns, and was out of football after 17 starts in four years. In his one year as the regular starter in Cincinnati, the Bengals offense averaged 11.6 points per game. Tannehill can't possibly be that bad, right?

Phins117
04-25-2012, 09:53 AM
I am absolutely sure this kid will not beat out moore. He is the next chad henne.

satz
04-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Ryan mallet must be kicking himself for coming out a year early....he would have been a top 10 pick this year.

curious question. Ryan mallet now - 1 yr behind brady compared to ryan tannehill ...

Even more crazy... by draft week the 3rd qb is getting the statements made on Luck the 1st qb of this class.

CalDolFan1014
04-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I am absolutely sure this kid will not beat out moore. He is the next chad henne.

What makes you say that? Just wondering, because I fail to see the comparison between the two.

Dmarino110
04-25-2012, 10:01 AM
another kid that had all the tools was 6'5" 235 and a finalist for the Heisman in his JR year was Ryan Leaf...

SQuinn17
04-25-2012, 10:04 AM
In the top 10 we need a legit starter not a backup qb.

TrinidadDolfan
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
What makes you say that? Just wondering, because I fail to see the comparison between the two.

I would agree with your questioning that statement.
Henne was robotic, Tannehill is far from....

The BIGGEST knock on Henne, from where I stand, was his lack of passion and yearning to "go-for-the-throat".
If he were in the armed forces, he would have been content to have been a footsoldier taking orders.
What I want is an assasin.

Remember when the grief was being piled on Henne, and he basically shrugged it off by saying (words to the effect) - "hey, no big deal, it's just football".

THAT....was a slap in the face of all of us passionate fans.
He just didn't give a s__t.

And THAT is why, in my eyes, he can go to hell.

Big Daddy 13
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
So we can all agree that taking a QB in the draft is a crapshoot.

Vaark
04-25-2012, 10:30 AM
If not for Sherman, even more of a reach than Sanchez? But I guess Mikey knows best so we'll see what there is to see. :idk:

iwastherein72
04-25-2012, 10:34 AM
What I want to know is why this thread was moved off the main board.

Maybe because it's the TRUTH... and truth hurts some people.

You HAVE to try for the best you can possibly get at QB, and Tannehill is that guy this year. Settling for a low-round guy is STUPID and INSANE. There are not any more Bradys out there, that is an utter FANTASY.

QB is a PREMIUM position, HANG the "value" junk and get the best QB available.

jlfin
04-25-2012, 10:53 AM

Maybe because it's the TRUTH... and truth hurts some people.

You HAVE to try for the best you can possibly get at QB, and Tannehill is that guy this year. Settling for a low-round guy is STUPID and INSANE. There are not any more Bradys out there, that is an utter FANTASY.

QB is a PREMIUM position, HANG the "value" junk and get the best QB available.

Because its a draft thread. Geez, where is the common sense on this site?

LikeUntoGod
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Does he act, sing and dance?

jlfin
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM

Yep. You have to trust your coaches and FO. They live and die by the QB decisions they make. However, if you don't invest a high draft pick on a QB, you will likely never find one. Always waiting for 'next year' isn't a plan either. Searching in scrap heaps yr after yr reduces your odds.

LikeUntoGod
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM

The reason it was moved here is because we do not have a section called "Another Tannehill Thread".

Dolfansal
04-25-2012, 10:58 AM
The difference between QB's at this level is their preperation. Most of these guys have similar abilities, but some put in "Tom Brady" work/ethic and some put in "Akilli Smith" work/effort.

Luckily with Tannehill we have a offensive coordinator that spent alot of time with him and knows first hand what kind of worker he is.

jlfin
04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Ryan mallet must be kicking himself for coming out a year early....he would have been a top 10 pick this year.

curious question. Ryan mallet now - 1 yr behind brady compared to ryan tannehill ...

Even more crazy... by draft week the 3rd qb is getting the statements made on Luck the 1st qb of this class.

Once again, Mallett dropped due to character concerns and his admitted drug use. However, he is not a WCO QB. He is a tall statue with a good arm. No one knows yet if he has the instincts, intelligence or mental toughness to be an upper echelon starter in the NFL and sitting behind Brady (or any other good QB) doesn't make you one. Just ask Curtis Painter

TrinidadDolfan
04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
yep. You have to trust your coaches and fo. They live and die by the qb decisions they make. However, if you don't invest a high draft pick on a qb, you will likely never find one. Always waiting for 'next year' isn't a plan either. Searching in scrap heaps yr after yr reduces your odds.

this

Armand
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Sherman knows RT better than anybody... if he has the potential to be a franchise QB he WORTH be selected at 8 overall

fininpsl
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Sherman knows RT better than anybody... if he has the potential to be a franchise QB he WORTH be selected at 8 overall

This^^^ If the staff thinks there is any decent chance he will develop into a good NFL starting QB we will take him. If you think people are down on the Fins now, imagine what fan support would be like three years from now if we don't take him, and he's playing at or near a Pro Bowl level.

finfan54
04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
and if the Dolphin braintrust passes on him they will be screwing up yet again.

This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB, He's big, he's athletic, fast, strong arm, Accurate........he loves the game in "Peyton Manning" kind of way.

Yes, he'll need a season probably to acclimate to the NFL....but if we could go back and draft Drew Brees knowing he needed some time to adjust, wouldn't we do it?

Same with Aaron Rogers......wouldn't that be better than what we've wasted 12 years trying to do?

If you don't like Tannehill as a prospect, then I totally understand.....if you don't want to draft him because you think it's a litttle to high at 8, or because he might need time to adjust to the NFL....then I think your making a mistake.

This kid has everything your looking for, with the only exception being that he didn't play QB for 4 years in college. But many others that have succeeded in the NFL didn't either....including Cam Newton.

I agree and in the end, its about character and work ethic practicing and studying to be the best and then learning from mistakes and then executing. peyton manning wasnt great until his contract was due, before that he was just good. I certainly see where Thill will be ready to go after one year. He has the goods and whatever he doesnt have, he will work at it.

That said, I wish to trade down because I really dont think anyone else wants him until 22 and even after that, its clear sailing unless Belichick wants to get cute again.

justdev7
04-25-2012, 04:50 PM

I had a dream that we traded back with the pats and got Mallet as part of the deal. I can't believe we traded up to take a rb instead of mallet

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v0xrp0

DevilInPgh
04-25-2012, 05:19 PM

Stewart Mandel at SI thinks otherwise:

Overrated: Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
I don't mean to pile on the Aggies quarterback, but Top 10? Really? I'm not sure Tannehill was even one of the top five quarterbacks in the Big 12 last year (coming in behind RG3, Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma's Landry Jones, Kansas State's Collin Klein and Missouri's James Franklin). Nationally, Tannehill ranked 55th in pass efficiency, one spot below Notre Dame's Tommy Rees, a guy who probably won't even keep his starting job this fall. Tannehill is admittedly raw, having only taken over the starting role midway through his junior season. He's certainly athletic, having caught 12 passes for 210 yards against Kansas State as a freshman receiver. Maybe he could develop into an elite passer with the right coach; unfortunately, he's expected to go eighth overall to the Dolphins, where his offensive coordinator will be ... his college coach, Mike Sherman.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/04/25/overrated-underrated-nfl-prospects/index.html#ixzz1t5YpNyQK

JC
04-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I had a dream that we traded back with the pats and got Mallet as part of the deal. I can't believe we traded up to take a rb instead of mallet

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v0xrp0

Tannehill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mallett

DevilInPgh
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM

Mallett was more successful in college than Akili Smith 2.0, so I don't get what you're saying.

JC
04-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Mallett was more successful in college than Akili Smith 2.0, so I don't get what you're saying.

Akili Smith 2.0? I'd really love to hear your "evidence" supporting that claim.

-Tannehill has shown proper footwork
-has the arm strength to make sideline throws
-has run a college system that is more complicated than most
-knows the verbage involved in mastering an offense
-has familiarity with the offense we are running here
-has a keen ability to feel pressure in the pocket
-has the size to be a durable NFL player

The Confessor
04-25-2012, 07:00 PM

I disagree.

Much more like the next Brady Quinn.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Akili Smith 2.0? I'd really love to hear your "evidence" supporting that claim.

-Tannehill has shown proper footwork
-has the arm strength to make sideline throws
-has run a college system that is more complicated than most
-knows the verbage involved in mastering an offense
-has familiarity with the offense we are running here
-has a keen ability to feel pressure in the pocket
-has the size to be a durable NFL player

You forgot:

Was beat out at QB by two VERY average QB's.
Is TERRIBLY inaccurate.
Has shown ZERO leadership qualities..and I mean NONE.
Locks onto his target as he approaches the LOS, and I'm talking about before the ball is even centered.
Sucked against really bad defenses all season long.

BigBossFin
04-25-2012, 07:01 PM
No one knows how any draft pick will come out all we can do is hope and pray

dr.jake
04-25-2012, 07:11 PM
"This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB... "

with the possible exception of actual QB game experience.
dan marino qb'd 44 games at pitt heisman top ten twice and at went 27th overall. tanny not so very much.

Elliott 1
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Tannehill is a 2nd round prospect. Nothing has really changed since last Dec.

chilenodolfan
04-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I am cautiously optimistic on Tannehill...but he needs time

BlueFin
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
What I saw in his segment with Gruden was a kid who loves the game, who is highly intelligent with off the charts physical skills for a QB.

LANGER72
04-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I would agree with your questioning that statement.
Henne was robotic, Tannehill is far from....

The BIGGEST knock on Henne, from where I stand, was his lack of passion and yearning to "go-for-the-throat".
If he were in the armed forces, he would have been content to have been a footsoldier taking orders.
What I want is an assasin.

Remember when the grief was being piled on Henne, and he basically shrugged it off by saying (words to the effect) - "hey, no big deal, it's just football".

THAT....was a slap in the face of all of us passionate fans.
He just didn't give a s__t.

And THAT is why, in my eyes, he can go to hell.

Tannehill didn't get to play QB until his junior year. As a senior,A&M was nationally ranked and they flopped to a mediocre record

Tannehill did not take the team to a higher level and make it better with his play. He was a wall flower and just blended in.

His senior year was so good that his coach got fired and then hired by the team that theoretically needs him the most. Oh..the irony.

Will Sherman let lightning strike him twice? Or will he go a different direction.

I say they go DT, OG, ILB or trade down the #8 pick.

justdev7
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM

I'd take mallet over tanahill in a heartbeat. Not because I don't think tannehil has talent but because I think Ryan mallet could step onto the field right now and command an offense. Plus the guy has the most live arm I've ever seen. But this is probably a stupid argument because what are the chances of my literal dream trade actually happening.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ok5rf5

kvado16
04-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Once again, Mallett dropped due to character concerns and his admitted drug use. However, he is not a WCO QB. He is a tall statue with a good arm. No one knows yet if he has the instincts, intelligence or mental toughness to be an upper echelon starter in the NFL and sitting behind Brady (or any other good QB) doesn't make you one. Just ask Curtis Painter
Curtis Painter doesnt have an ounce of talent while Mallett does

fishbanger
04-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Aaron Rodgers just played 22 games in college and was 17-5. Does anyone think he was too inexperienced to play in the NFL. Look at his scouting report and compare it to Tannehills. Its about 95% identical.

DBenitez
04-25-2012, 11:12 PM
I just hope this isn't Drew Brees all over again

jasonlbjg
04-26-2012, 02:38 AM
There are too many unknowns with 2nd tier QBs. With Tannehill you get very good athleticism, good arm strength, good accuracy, QB smarts, big upside. The things you have to hope for are: the desire to be the best, consistency, sacrafice to improve every single day, will to win football games when it counts the most (4th Quarter). Now don't laugh but if you put Tebow's will to win inside this kid, I would definitely pick him in the top ten. Tannehill has a jump start on the offense we are running, has the support of 2 good coachs which are excellent with QBs, and will have a year or two for grooming. That being said, he is a 2nd round pick being overhyped in a QB driven league and will fall to the bottom of the first and hopefully our 2nd round pick. The only teams I see taking a shot at him are the Eagles. Browns will get Weeden. Chiefs, Texans, Broncos, Seahawks, Bills, & Jaguars will look for a QB in the 3rd and maybe bottom of 2nd round.

WaxOn WaxOff
04-26-2012, 09:40 AM
"Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................"

He better learn acting then.

ChambersWI
04-26-2012, 10:38 AM
the he doesn't win argument doesn't always work. It's a red flag for sure (like Jimmy Claussen and Notre Dame never winning up to their talent level), but it's not always on the QB. As good as Andrew Luck is, Stanford's offense is incredibly stacked and was a strong running team so it wasn't all Luck.

Guilty
04-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Tannehill is a 2nd round prospect. Nothing has really changed since last Dec.

This guy speaks the truth. Tannehill in the top ten is a huge mistake. I've watched almost all of his games at aTm, this guy is overrated to the point it's sick.

finsfanjay13
04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
People: You do realize that he played QB in high school, right? It's not like he *just* started playing the position in college...

Fins1980
04-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I think that if he is there guy then you take him. Let everything else play out. It will take a long a-- time to find a great QB in the later round like we have been. Now i am not saying that any of these Qb will be great but you can not keep looking in the late round and hoping to find a jem.

MO Dolphan
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Luck in not guarateed to be All Pro, neither is RG3. So of course, there's no guarantee with Tannehill either but when it comes to a starting QB for Miami, my only question is; If not now, when? Draft RT and let him, Philbin and Sherman get to work...for now, maybe, but for the future for sure.

MadDog 88
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
If not for Sherman, even more of a reach than Sanchez? But I guess Mikey knows best so we'll see what there is to see. :idk:
Such a great song.

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Do you guys remember all the phin fans on here who got SUPER upset when we didn't draft Quinn, even though most of us who know football knew he sucked?

I hope that happens again tonight.

mrbunglez
04-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Do you guys remember all the phin fans on here who got SUPER upset when we didn't draft Quinn, even though most of us who know football knew he sucked?

I hope that happens again tonight.

It's funny cause "most of us who know football" want Tannehill to be picked @ 8 as well..........

ChambersWI
04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
what I find funny is Tannehill has been a projected potential 1st rounder for most of the year, and people think that he's a risk

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
It's funny cause "most of us who know football" want Tannehill to be picked @ 8 as well..........

Thats what you want to believe.

Tannehill at 8 is a bad choice. It is a makeup move for missing on a QB in Free Agency. Don't kid yourself.

If we traded down to around 22 and got him, im all for it.

mrbunglez
04-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Thats what you want to believe.

Tannehill at 8 is a bad choice. It is a makeup move for missing on a QB in Free Agency. Don't kid yourself.

If we traded down to around 22 and got him, im all for it.

What are you my conscience? Come on jiminy cricket hop on the Tannehill train with us people " who know football".....

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 01:16 PM
What are you my conscience? Come on jiminy cricket hop on the Tannehill train with us people " who know football".....

You don't know football if you think Tannehill at 8 is a good pick.

Sorry.

mrbunglez
04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
You don't know football if you think Tannehill at 8 is a good pick.

Sorry.

^^ this.....LOL! That is all.... I've played football since grade school and all through high school, even had a chance to play for UF but I wanted to do something else with my life. But ok if you insist I don't know football, more power to ya!

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 01:28 PM
A lot of us have played football. It doesn't mean we know it. Tannehill is a reach at 8. I am pretty sure almost everyone realizes this. It just boils down to if we can trade back and still get him.

I can't wait to see the rage if we draft someone else. It will be so Quinn - like. Hey, the good news is that we can still take a chance on Quinn. He could get cut in summer camp. LOL.

eomdtbtr
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
If anyone thinks tannehill is worth a late first round pick, then hes worth the 8th. A franchise QB always will be.

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
If anyone thinks tannehill is worth a late first round pick, then hes worth the 8th. A franchise QB always will be.

Really? so if we traded back and got another draft pick and still got the same guy, that is the same as not doing it?

LOL.

mrbunglez
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
A lot of us have played football. It doesn't mean we know it. Tannehill is a reach at 8. I am pretty sure almost everyone realizes this. It just boils down to if we can trade back and still get him.

I can't wait to see the rage if we draft someone else. It will be so Quinn - like. Hey, the good news is that we can still take a chance on Quinn. He could get cut in summer camp. LOL.

I agree with the trading down part maybe with the seahawks and pick up an extra pick, if we still can pick him up at that point i'm all for it, but if they feel they really want the kid pick him up at 8 no questions asked.

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I am resigned to it. I mean he could end up being great and then we are all happy. It just sucks to spend a 1st round pick on a raw QB this high up. Value wise, it is a bad pick.

I prefer going by BPA, which the Fins rarely do anymore in drafts.

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Here is my thing. A top 10 QB should be able to start for your team season 1. Especially a team with Matt Moore and Gerard. So if we all think Tanny can start for this team (especially considering it is a new offense that no one knows except - him!! coming from sherman), then bring it on.

finsfanjay13
04-26-2012, 03:09 PM
So, like, which one of you can pee farther?

SammySmif
04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
So, like, which one of you can pee farther?

oooo..thats a quality funny you made!!

finsfanjay13
04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
oooo..thats a quality funny you made!!

Thanks!!

dolfan91
04-26-2012, 04:32 PM
what I find funny is Tannehill has been a projected potential 1st rounder for most of the year, and people think that he's a risk

Amen to that!!! but my fear is he never reaches his potential. With Sparano he stood a chance of bombing out. I feel with Philbin and Sherman here, he stand a better chance of succeeding sooner than later. I've seen 15 games of Tannehill and I'm no expert, but felt he has the goods to be a starter in the NFL.

dr.jake
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Aaron Rodgers just played 22 games in college and was 17-5. Does anyone think he was too inexperienced to play in the NFL. Look at his scouting report and compare it to Tannehills. Its about 95% identical.

a couple points here . aaron rogers came out as a junior. thus the 22 starts. secondly aaron rodgers was picked 24th. not top ten.
and yes we all know that he sat behind favre for two years. so if you're saying we should drop back to around 24th pick and then be willing to sit him for 2 years then yes tanny is your man. he's still a big gamble but now you're not risking top ten money.

edaniel1717
04-26-2012, 05:25 PM
I dont see Tannehill as a star.. and i hope the fins pass on him at #8.

Against LSU (2010), Oklahoma ( 2011), Oklahoma State (2011) and texas (2011) he threw 3 INTS...(4 games). not sure what big game he ever won for them... Luck and RG3 never had 3 INTS game in their entire career. Weeden did it in 3 games... so Tannehill has more 3 INTS games than these 3 QBS combined.. nice

Who knows....i support the Fins either way..

Fin Thirteen
04-26-2012, 06:42 PM
I just watched the Tannehill episode of Grudens camp for the first time.

This kid is not raw. This kid just doesn't believe yet how good he is. He's not shy, I think he's a little uncomfortable with being in the limelight, the leadership position in the team, on the cusp of a very high profile move to an NFL team.

Kids been a WR, not trusted with the keys to the QB kingdom. Then he gets it and all of a sudden he's NFL bound. He's got to be thinking how a guy who can't win the starting job got here so fast. I wouldn't call it self doubt so much as an excessive dose of humility.

That won't take long in evaporating if he has the right coaching setup. I just wonder if having your old college coach is the best move for him (and therefore the Dolphins)? Maybe he flourishes better where he gets to leave any lingering feelings about his college trajectory behind and focuses on becoming a great QB.

I hope Sherman recognises that and gives him space to reinvent himself a little as a man and a leadership figure, if we take him.

Kid has the goods. Don't think he believes it fully yet.

fishbanger
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Rodgers fell because teams misdiagnosed him as a tedford system QB and his throwing motion was not perfect. his scouting report said he was number 1 QB prospect and better then the number one pick. just becasue 23 teams made a rodgers mistake in rodgers draft does not mean phins should make the same dumb mistake a they all did and trade down to 24. If you look at that draft now rodgers should have been pick number 1. GB was smart to trade up and that included philbin on that staff by the way researching the picks. phins will continue to be dumb if they dont change their tune.

BlueFin
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
If we had the 2005 draft to do over....Aaron Rogers would be the #1 overall.....We would certainly draft him at #2 over Ronnie Brown.

betadog
04-27-2012, 11:53 AM

Very much so. Sadly living in NE I have to put up with all of the Brady talk, and what is funny is that fans up here say that Belichick knew he was going to be a star. Really? Off of what body of work??? I truly believe that Tannehill (if handled properly) can develop into more of a player like an Aaron Rogers than the ridiculous comparisons to Ryan Leaf. Reason being? Well first off Rogers was not all that good when he came into the league. Decent but not the stud he is now and they tweaked his mechanics and taught him to get rid of the ball and/get out of bounds if your gonna run with it. Remember he was super fragile when he came in the league and that at least was a knock on him. Second I believe that having your head coach from college actually giving you high praise enough to get you drafted to the team he's at speaks volumes. Stories have it that Brady Quinn did not receive the same type of praise from Charlie Weiss when he came out and that was why teams kept bypassing on him. Running the same offense as in college should help as will putting some skilled guys around him. I'm a firm believer that not only is a a crapshoot when taking a QB, but a lot more emphasis needs to be placed on what system you place them in. If David Carr or Tim Couch were drafted by teams that could have protected them early on, who knows where their careers would have ended up. That's really another reason why I think Miami needs to get that offensive line fixed ASAP to protect these guys and give Tannehill a solid year to sit behind the two veterans to learn the game. Don't throw him to the lions just because of a little pressure to get him early playing time...

Uruguayfinfan
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
He has to find an un-named star, and maybe he can put his name on it, so Ryan Tannehill really becomes literally a star.

ChambersWI
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
just something to remember, and I mentioned this in another thread, guys rave about how he is so good at the comeback sideline throws; one of the hardest throws to make and to learn. Why aren't we praising him for being good at a hard throw, one that none of our QBs the last several years could make at that? His other issues are correctable.

SammySmif
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope the guy is a complete stud. I really do. I also hope he beats the crap out of Moore and Gerrard in camp because we took this guy at 8 over Kuechly.

Kuechly would have been an amazing MLB for us.

I'm excited to have a new QB, but it was a reach. He has all the tools, but at #8 he needs to be better than the other QBs, especially since he knows the offense.

BlueFin
04-28-2012, 04:07 AM
just something to remember, and I mentioned this in another thread, guys rave about how he is so good at the comeback sideline throws; one of the hardest throws to make and to learn. Why aren't we praising him for being good at a hard throw, one that none of our QBs the last several years could make at that? His other issues are correctable.

Great point....I'm just glad to see they didn't blow this one.....I feel like the 12 year nightmare might actually be over.

BlueFin
08-11-2012, 11:01 AM

Do you still feel that way?

BlueFin
08-11-2012, 11:05 AM
I disagree.

Much more like the next Brady Quinn.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I have to say your dead wrong on this one!

BlueFin
08-11-2012, 11:07 AM
"Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

"

He better learn acting then.

Really?

finphan83
09-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Lol

BlueFin
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Its good to see the majority of Dolphin fans now see how good this kid can be.................................................

datruth55
10-02-2012, 12:18 AM
This was a fun read, lol.

Pinkboy
10-02-2012, 06:25 AM

heh

BlueFin
10-08-2012, 04:47 AM
I agree and in the end, its about character and work ethic practicing and studying to be the best and then learning from mistakes and then executing. peyton manning wasnt great until his contract was due, before that he was just good. I certainly see where Thill will be ready to go after one year. He has the goods and whatever he doesnt have, he will work at it.

That said, I wish to trade down because I really dont think anyone else wants him until 22 and even after that, its clear sailing unless Belichick wants to get cute again.

Hey 54? Would you still trade down?

cullenbigcstill
10-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Its funny to see how clueless people are especially when they act like they know something.

I feel that if you have conviction that this is your guy no matter what you go and get him, because if you wait, he could be gone shortly after. The seahawks did it with DE Bruce Irvin, they got ridiculed on draft day, they won't ever get ridiculed again for it. Sure getting value for your pick is what everyone wants, but if you pick 15 and the guy you want has value as 28 or whatever, get your guy, because theire ARE teams that value your guy as well!

BlueFin
10-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Its funny to see how clueless people are especially when they act like they know something.

I feel that if you have conviction that this is your guy no matter what you go and get him, because if you wait, he could be gone shortly after. The seahawks did it with DE Bruce Irvin, they got ridiculed on draft day, they won't ever get ridiculed again for it. Sure getting value for your pick is what everyone wants, but if you pick 15 and the guy you want has value as 28 or whatever, get your guy, because theire ARE teams that value your guy as well!

Exactly, not to mention everybody's board is different as well, there is no way of knowing who might have traded up for him, or who might have grabbed him, before our theoretical trade down spot.

If you have a conviction on a player, you take him where you KNOW you can get him.

finomenal
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Hey 54? Would you still trade down?
Nailed it!

BC26
10-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Good call BlueFin!