PDA

View Full Version : Osi is available for a 3rd round pick

phinatic1399
04-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Osi Umenyiora (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/975/osi-umenyiora) - DL - Giants (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/nyg/giants)

Osi Umenyiora made it clear Wednesday that any team trading for him would not have to extend his contract.

Expecting to have the best year of his career, Umenyiora is happy to play out the last year of his contract to hit the free agent market in 2013. Umenyiora expects trade talk to heat up over the next few days, and suggests he and the Giants have many "issues" to work through.

"NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes "things could get interesting" if the Giants are offered a third-round pick for DE Osi Umenyiora this week."

Also just heard it on ESPN Radio

He is only 30 years old and could give us another 4-5 years as a solid pass rusher, he had 9 sacks in 9 games last year, would you make the move? It's only a 3rd round pick, I would do it!

LikeUntoGod
04-25-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm going to type this slowly. Even if he came here as a free agent we cannot afford him. We can't afford to give Cam Wake a new contract.

Would you trade Cam Wake for Osi Umenyiora?

Move on.......

DisturbedShifty
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm going to type this slowly. Even if he came here as a free agent we cannot afford him. We can't afford to give Cam Wake a new contract.

Would you trade Cam Wake for Osi Umenyiora?

Move on.......

Well how much is he suppose to make this year? If it isn't too much we might be able to trade for him. He said he is willing to play his final year without a contract extension. He could play cheap this year and then next year we could sign him for what he wants. Right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

datruth55
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
The guys is a great player, no doubt, but I don't know of any player that complains more about his contract than Osi Umenyiora. He's also injured a lot.

Here is a guy who complained with 2 years left on his rookie contract, after busting out for 14.5 sacks, that he wasn't getting paid enough so the Giants extended him and the next year he had 6 sacks in 11 games cause he was hurt. Now with 2 years left on his new contract he again starts to complain cause he sees all these other players signing big contracts and he wants to get paid despite the fact he only played 9 games last year cause he was hurt again. He's never going to be happy cause as soon as his contract is "outdated" he's going to want a new one so he can be among the top paid pass rushers. He says a new team trading for him won't need to sign him to a new contract but I'll bet before the season ends he'll be complaining about not getting a new contract and not getting paid "like he deserves." Don't need that headache.

datruth55
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Well how much is he suppose to make this year? If it isn't too much we might be able to trade for him. He said he is willing to play his final year without a contract extension. He could play cheap this year and then next year we could sign him for what he wants. Right?

And so who would you rather upset? Osi Umenyiora or Cam Wake cause one of them is going to get paid more than the other. They won't get identical contracts. If you pay Osi more you upset not only Wake but the whole organization because Wake has been here longer and he's paid his dues with the organization. If you pay Wake more Osi will be upset because he'll say he's been in the league longer and proven more (even if you pay them the same Osi will react this way). So then there will be animosity between the two players, the locker room will have a lot of tension and there will be players siding with one or the other. Are you ready for that?

LikeUntoGod
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM

$8 million