PDA

View Full Version : So who do you want the Fins to take tomorrow night?

yolli71
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
For the first time in years, I'm really not sure who I want Miami to take with their first pick. I know I do NOT want Miami to take Floyd or Poe. But other than those guys, I'd be okay with Tannehill, Ingram, Coples, Barron, Gilmore, Cox, Reiff, or even DeCastro. While I don't expect Miami to go O-line w/ the pick, DeCastro fills a need and he will be a perennial pro bowler from everything I read.If you held a gun to my head though, I'll go w/ Tannehill as that would tell me that Sherman feels really good about him. If not Tannehill, I'll say Coples. I have a feeling he's gonna have a big chip on his shoulder and will explode onto the scene as a rookie. I think playing w/ veterans in the NFL and getting dogged so much by the press is going to really motivate him. Having him on one end with Wake on the other (and Odrick/Starks in the middle) on passing downs will put a lot of fear into the opposing QBs!

WISfinfan13
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I agree with Coples. Great potential there. I think Tannenhill is iffy. But Ill be behind it 100% if drafted knowing that Sherman has the inside scoop.

SabanHater
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I want a playmaker. someone who can contribute immediately.

SamIam
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
I will be fine with Coples... actually I think he is going to be the pick.. the phins need a fixture on the other side in their 4/3 D

I did not like his senior year production but I think he has all the tools to be an impact DE in the pros.

d211757
04-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I would love Coples. I'd also like Blackmon if he falls.

WISfinfan13
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
I love Blackmon, but fat chance he is there.

kloud_9
04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I would like the best available pass rusher...what better way to stop passing attacks than wake and perry coming off the edges..and yeah that's who I think will be the pick although I would like ingram more.Jeff always wants Big,strong and fast? That's nick perry plus need. The players aren't ranked so different from #7---#16/17 picks

SamIam
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
I love Blackmon, but fat chance he is there.

If the Rams go with Cox then Blackmon could fall, assuming the Jags don't pick him which is very possible

dolfan91
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I am hoping Miami drafts, Decastro or Cox at #8 and trades back into Round #1 if Tannehill is still available!! that would be my dream scenario!!!

vafins
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I really dont know I just want a player that will actually come in and be a part of the team right off the bat, I dont think Tannelhill is that person at all

Dmarino110
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
blackmon if he is there...trade back and pick up another 2nd or 3rd if he is not...

minus
04-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Decastro or Cox

iwastherein72
04-25-2012, 11:58 AM
A Top 10 pick MUST be an standout offensive skill-position player or a QB.

You CANNOT waste such picks forever on linemen and defense, those guys are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds.

The ONLY legitimate Top 10 players in this draft are really Luck, Blackmon, Richardson and Tannehill. And no not rg3 he is ALL HYPE. HE will be the akili smith.

Jersey DolFan
04-25-2012, 12:08 PM
A pass rusher.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

A Top 10 pick MUST be an standout offensive skill-position player or a QB.

You CANNOT waste such picks forever on linemen and defense, those guys are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds.

The ONLY legitimate Top 10 players in this draft are really Luck, Blackmon, Richardson and Tannehill. And no not rg3 he is ALL HYPE. HE will be the akili smith.

your post and tannehill obsession is all hype.

Armand
04-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Tannehill, big risk, big reward...

Vaark
04-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I guess Tanny if Sherman wants him as what other criteria do we really have to go by. However, moving outside of that raccoon, I'd like us to pick Floyd and then put together a package to get back into the late teens to snag Weeden. IMO, that would be ideal.

SuperMarksBros.
04-25-2012, 12:10 PM
blackmon if he is there...trade back and pick up another 2nd or 3rd if he is not...
This.

SamIam
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
If we can get Coples motor going, guys believe me he is a great pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjVXEpBXvI0

Valbon8
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I guess Tanny if Sherman wants him as what other criteria do we really have to go by. However, moving outside of that raccoon, I'd like us to pick Floyd and then put together a package to get back into the late teens to snag Weeden. IMO, that would be ideal.

You can read my mind.

Miamifin23
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Tannehill and pray this revolving door at qb is over

undefeated72
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
I would hope Ireland listens to Sherman and basis his decision on that. I suspect that will not matter and The Dolphins select Tannyhill regardless of what Sherman has to say. Should T'hill not be available or the Dolphins choose to pass on him I would like to Blackmon if he is available and if not, Cox.

fininpsl
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Tannehill. He's not a sure thing, but that can be said about any draftee, and especially QB's. He's talented enough to be worth the shot. Like others I'd prefer to draft him later on, and I personally would gamble on him still being there in the teens if we could find a trade partner that gave us fair value for the #8 pick. That's just not as easy as it seems. I'd still take him at 8 if we don't find someone to dance with.

BasqueAtlantean
04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Tannehill or a fast and athletic LB(Nick Perry,Ronnell Lewis,Vinny curry)

DKphin
04-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Just say no to Coples

canadian finfan
04-25-2012, 05:19 PM
with the number 8 selection the miami dolphins select....... DE quinton coples North carolina

Dominate
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
With the number 8 selection in the 2012 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select......Ryan Tannehill - QB - Texas A&M

FINishedPerfect
04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Trade down to Dallas or Philly than take Tannehill

zach attach
04-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Trade down and get Ingram.

OyeDale305
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Justin Blackmon

Paul54
04-25-2012, 05:37 PM
With the number 8 selection in the 2012 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select......Ryan Tannehill - QB - Texas A&M or not?

DolfanGator
04-25-2012, 05:41 PM
LB - Boston College - Luke Kuechly

ROADRUNNER
04-25-2012, 05:45 PM
DeCastro.............

Anvil35
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Barron

Deutch
04-25-2012, 05:49 PM
LB - Boston College - Luke Kuechly

This

Or, S - Mark Barron

mrbunglez
04-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Tannehill.

Phinatic8u
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Micheal Flloyd.

2413fanphins
04-25-2012, 06:38 PM
keuchly. tannehill, decasctro, in that order.

SamIam
04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Coples or t-hill :d-day:

Elliott 1
04-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Kuechly. The player in this draft most likely to end up in the HOF.

FinHopeful
04-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Simple best player available. DO NOT REACH!!!

kvado16
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Tannehill

johnnyB
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Tannehill or Chandler Jones

cuban_refugee
04-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Just say no to Coples

This guy will get drafted, get paid, and coaches will never be able to motivate him..... he'll be arrogant and piss all his coaches off.....3-4 yrs from now, the team that drafts him will be looking to unload him.

Hayden Fox
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Chandler Jones, Fletcher Cox or Mel Ingram. I want a pass rusher.

cuban_refugee
04-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Chandler Jones, Fletcher Cox or Mel Ingram. I want a pass rusher.

I want a pass rusher too, but I really think we can still get a good one with our 2nd pick.....Mercilus or V. Curry......heck, Coples may even slide to the 2nd!

lil tom digby
04-25-2012, 09:11 PM
After trading down with either Dallas or PHilly, I think the dolphins take Gilmore CB out of South Carolina.

CattailsrEdible
04-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Decastro!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Phins28
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
For all of you that wants DeCastro, if the Dolphins draft him I hope your tVs explodes like a firecracker.

CalDolFan1014
04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
1. Floyd
2. Tanny
3. DeCastro

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

For all of you that wants DeCastro, if the Dolphins draft him I hope your tVs explodes like a firecracker.

Ummm, okay...that's very insightful!

Canadi-Phin
04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Trade down to Dallas or Philly than take Tannehill

THis would be perfect and ideal. What I've been hoping for.

In a perfect world we could trade down with Philly to 14 get a 2nd and then trade down again with someone like Tennesse for another 2nd and then still land Tannehill. IF he gets past Seattle and KC the first time he would still be sitting there, barring a trade up by someone for us to get at 20. Plus we'd get two more great draft picks. Grab some of those good pass rushers or Receivers that are left in the 2nd and then grab a RT and a RG in the 3rd. Dream over.

Canadi-Phin
04-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Colt-Luck
Redskins-Griffin
Minn-Khalil
Browns-Richardson
Bucs-Claiborne
Stl-Blackmon
Jags-Ingram
Trade to Philly-Cox
Panthers-Gilmore
Bills-Reiff
KC-Kuechly
Seattle-Coples
Cards-Floyd
Dallas-Barron
Trade with Tenn-Decastro
Jets-Chandler Jones
Bengals-Dre Kirkpatrick
Chargers- Whitney Mercilus
Bears-Nick Perry
Dolphins-Tannehill

Perfect world this is what happens and we get 2 more 2nd rounders or a 2nd and a 3rd.

Awsi Dooger
04-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Luke Kuechly

He would be an extension of Philbin and evidence we're finally catching on, another solid and sharp piece of the puzzle after decades of too many dummies.

As a kid I assumed the Dolphins would always be champions or nearby, with players as articulate and dedicated as Dick Anderson or Paul Warfield.

Finfanforever
04-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Tannehill or Cox in the first or Weedon in the 2nd...let's put to rest this QB madness! Marino is a spokesperson for AARP for Christ sakes! That's how long it's been!

TheWarriorFins
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
This guy will get drafted, get paid, and coaches will never be able to motivate him..... he'll be arrogant and piss all his coaches off.....3-4 yrs from now, the team that drafts him will be looking to unload him.

Hard to take you seriously if you think he is actually going to drop to the 2nd round this guy is right there with Ingram in top PR this draft. I know that he has received criticism for his effort but when this guy tries he seriously is a Beast with his athleticism and skill. Coples has a better chance being a great player then Overhypehill as well

fishbanger
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Tannehill first. If he is gone trade down with Dallas or Philly. Draft best pass rusher or Decastro or Gilmore.

AZStryker
04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Hard to take you seriously if you think he is actually going to drop to the 2nd round this guy is right there with Ingram in top PR this draft.

His lack of motivation makes him as much a reach as Tannehill. Which position would have more long term benefits???

Badboy_2083
04-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Claibourne, Blackmon, Floyd, or Kuechly in that order. If we trade down I want Mercilus. I've said before, he is the only person to play like a top 10 pick that isn't projected to go top 10. Some team might actually take him higher than people expect and they are just being quiet about it and it just might be us.

TheWarriorFins
04-25-2012, 11:18 PM
His lack of motivation makes him as much a reach as Tannehill. Which position would have more long term benefits???

Tannehill or Coples? neither Tann overhyped bust and draft is deep in DE but people underrate coples to much.

Fox/Kuechy/Floyd/and Decastro if we trade back. 3 of those most likely will be the picks. Ireland isn't the type to take big risk, he would rather have safe picks more then anything.

But I would take Clairbourne if he dropped.

Dogbone34
04-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Luke Kuechly -

a huge score for miami at 8

team leader, impact player, the QB on D

houtz
04-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Tannehill or Weeden in a trade down.

TheBow305
04-26-2012, 01:54 AM
I am really hoping that we come away with either Tannehill, Floyd or Coples if we stay at 8. Those are the big three for me. That being said, if we don't take Tannehill, I would be very worried about which QB we are going to take. Tannehill would probably make me the most comfortable, even though Floyd or Coples would be very very intriguing.

jasonlbjg
04-26-2012, 01:55 AM
In order: Trade Back, Coples, Kuechly, Ingram. Hoping to get Tannehill with our 2nd where he was suppose to be before all this hype.

Our Needs in Order: QB, Pass Rusher, WR, T, G, FS, CB, TE

RichmondWeb
04-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Trade, trade, trade. Tannehill or Weeden, Hill, Fleener, and grab LaMicheal James too.

RW

Doctor Phibes
04-26-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm going to put it on record. I'm ok with Tannehill but I prefer Weedon

So I want to trade back to the middle of the 1st round. Then my likely board is Weedon, Tannehill, Kuechly,

zackattack54
04-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Would love to see trade down with Cincy. There's rumors here in Ohio they're looking to move up with one of their picks. So move to #17 for a later round pick and Cincy's #1 next year if we can swing it.

NRA
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
the most important thing ANY team can and MUST do is compete in or control their division.

the creme in ours is the pats. their strength is their wicked double TE offense that has been killing miami. so, the finz have to ask themselves, why are we losing to the pats [the te's] and how do we fix it? you fix it by 2 things, get an lb who can cover te's and, or, strengthen this under achieving secondary with a big time safety or corner. both need to happen, but with the first pic, only 1 can be addressed. the jest TE is no slouch either and he has given us problems. in fact, most TE's do.

LUKE KUECHLY should be the pic if he is there. he absolutely is one of the best coverage backers [mayock says the best he has ever seen] and tacklers to come out in many a year. he is a true leader, durable, smart field general and pro bowl game. he can COVER TE'S like no ones biz and his run stop is superb! thats the key to shutting off the pats. pass rusher is a need but the pats have been able to work those two guys underneith in hot routes and beat the blitz. coverage is the key and kuechly is the best there is. burnette is a real good te coverage guy and you pair him up with kuechly and the pats have something to worry about.

the PASS RUSHERS are just to close in their over all game and in their weeknesses to make that the pic over a guy like kuechly. i dont see a huge difference or much bigger risk with the top pass rushers in this draft who are considered 1st rounders and ones who are concidered 2nd. vinney curry and cam johnson and bruce irvin are guys who are very close, and some better at things the 1st round types are. all of the pass rushers, DE or LB have issues. inconsistancy, one trick pony, injury, physical limitations. so that being said, dominant lb with over the top coverage and tackling skills WITH decent pass rush skill should trump a pass rusher choice with questions or limitations at #8.

MARK BARRON is the next pic, should kuechly be gone by #8. coverage lb, quality corner to pair with vontae and pass rushing run stopping DE to go with cam are the 3 biggest needs on defense and at #8, much better talent than what will be there at that point. barron can cover TE's, is a ferocius hitter and has some ball hawk skills. he would INSTANTLY be the the best safety on the roster and start day one. another pro bowl draft pic.

MORRIS CLAIBORNE is my hope pic in this draft. he and vontae would become the premier cb tandem in our division and one of the top 3 in the nfl. claiborne can do it all, is as physical as vontae and has ball hawk skills. PLUS, he is a big time return guy so you get two players in one. he and kuechly are the best defensive players in this draft. BUT, claiborne will be long gone so its kind of a moot point. stranger things have happened than a guy like claiborne slipping to #8, but not likely. so.....................

STEPHON GILMORE could be the suprise pic here, the "didnt see that one coming" pic no one really thought about. he is a big time talent, big, physical and another guy who would pair well with vontae and cover those pats TE's. i dont think many are realising how bad our secondary is. the starters we have now [smith should be on the bench] outside of vontae are nothing special and our depth is laughable [see nolan carrol]. so an injection of talent there is a must. i would be happy with that choice should kuechly and barron be gone. again, gilmore is a better cb than tannehill is a qb and a better corner than any of the o-tackles are at their game at #8. thats how smart drafting teams make their selections. plus, db is a NEED and you have a blue chip like gilmore sitting their, you dont take the reach qb or the mediocre tackle.

the two 3rds are where we need to be looking for an o-lineman. or the 4th. guys like konz could be there, dual threat at center and guard. if poucy should go down, konz can walk right over to that spot and do more than just hold it down. he can play guard or center, and very well, just like pouncy. massie is a great guard and exellent pic in the 3rd should the finz want guards at this point. i dont care much for this years o-tackles. most of the college lt's will and should be rt's. there will be plenty of quality rt tackles to choose from in the 3rd and 4th round.

so my point is, we have been able to score points in our deivision with what we have, we havnt been able to stop them or slow them down which is why the finz need to address defense with their top 2 early pics. the defensive talent at #8 is better than whatever offensive player will be available by then.

I REALLY LIKE COURTNEY UPSHAW. he is exactly what we need at at DE in our new 4-3 oriented defense. i still think we will play a decent amount of 3-4 and upshaw has the absolute ability to be a stand up, drop back olb in a 3-4. his ability to stop the run and rush off the edge is a prototypical 4-3 DE and would pair exellent with cam. i think he is VASTLY under rated and not near the risk some of the other pass rushing de or lb's are in this draft. he is a top notch kid, coachable, strong. has pass rush skills and stops the run. i bit of a reach at #8, but no where near the reach tannehill or coples are. he is my DARK HORSE choice for the finz 1st pic. they could probably trade down a few spots and still get him. but, i think many gm's know upshaws talent and versatility and value. we could LOSE him trading down a few spots also! DE is a huge need right now. we needed a pass rusher to pair with cam and we needed the run stopping DE after kendall langford left. his call to glory was setting that edge for the run. i see upshaw as just as good an edge setter, better run stopper and MUCH, MUCH better pass rusher than langford ever thought about being. DO NOT be real suprised if his name is called for our first choice.

LUKE KUECHLY is my pic for the finz 1st choice and believe he wil lbe there. to much talent and a need both in depth and to shut down the pats TE's to pass up. a sure starter and pro bowler. thats how you draft. thats my story and i'm sticky to it!!