PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo for Ryan Tannehill?

number1fin
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981285167

He's good, smart, proven, and maybe on the cusp of becoming elite. However, he is 32 years old. But with that said a veteran of his caliber could improve our changes of winning now, plus he still has plenty of gas left in the tank....I think.

So would this be a wise move to make? Or is he just another stopgap?

Miamifinz
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Lol, I doubt it happens but I'd make that move in a heartbeat. A lot of teams don't realize how good they have it at quarterback.

TrinidadDolfan
04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't.

This draft is not about next season. It is about the next 10 years, and Romo does not factor into that equation.

dagger151
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
no way! As mentioned before, he is too old and this draft is for the future. We are far from being elite to taje a guy to "put us over the top" Give Philbin and Co 3 years and lets reassess then.

Predaphin
04-25-2012, 11:48 AM

He's good, smart, proven, and maybe on the cusp of becoming elite. However, he is 32 years old. But with that said a veteran of his caliber could improve our changes of winning now, plus he still has plenty of gas left in the tank....I think.

No thanks, Tony Romo sucks big balls....and he hasn't proven anything

number1fin
04-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah I don't endorse this at all. Just thought it would be interesting to discuss.

umpalu
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM

As much as I want a QB I don't think that Romo is a good idea. He already comes with a circus act media reputation and we have enough of that in Miami right now.

Zounds
04-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Where do people come up with this stuff? Its not even worth talkig about

hal20001963
04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
No

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

The last thing this team needs is another Dallas Cowboys retread!

number1fin
04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
No thanks, Tony Romo sucks big balls....and he hasn't proven anythingHe's proven he can be an effective QB and lead a team to the playoffs. At least give him that...

datruth55
04-25-2012, 11:57 AM

lol, Tony Romo about to become elite? How many years have they been saying that? As you said he's 32 years old if it hasn't happened by now it's not going to happen.

LikeUntoGod
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Wow, we really need the draft to happen.............

Or does anyone else want to discuss us trading a undrafted player for a player on another team?

Wait, how about this: Would you rather have a Vampire or Werewolf as a Free Safety?

Discuss..........

SuperMarksBros.
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
I hope people saying Romo's too old also didn't want Manning 2 months ago.

Armand
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM

This :up:

number1fin
04-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah I knew this thread wouldn't be popular.

Anyways, here's Tony Romo's stats for 2011:
31 TD's
10 INT's
4,184 YDS
102.5 RTG
66.3 PCT

Not bad numbers.

NY8123
04-25-2012, 12:09 PM

Or does anyone else want to discuss us trading a undrafted player for a player on another team?

Wait, how about this: Would you rather have a Vampire or Werewolf as a Free Safety?

Discuss..........

If it's a night or domed game a Vampire , more calculating, can run a 40 in like 0.2sec and has super human strenght...........however the one weakness I see LikeUn is the Vamps' inability to tolerate daylight. I mean as soon as he comes out of the tunnel its game over so the Werewolf would have a huge advantage in this scenario, given the Werewolf's inability to control his primordial urges at night he would need some development time to become a complete player at the NFL level.

Overall I would grade out he vampire at a no brainier first round talent for a playoff contender since a lot of there games will involve the prime time night lights and domed adversaries but I don't see him as a good fit in Miami with the abundance of 1pm kickoffs. If I were Miami I would take Wolfe in the 2nd round as a potential upgrade at Safety.

Vaark
04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Romo is a good, but not outstanding QB. It's hard to get that first game gift to the jest out my head. Personally, considering his age, I'd rather draft a 29 year old Weeden and hope for more upside over the next 6 or 7 years going forward.

EPfinfan
04-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Discuss..........

This is a no brainer. Seeing as we were not deemed worthy of any primetime games (save the one thursday night), we would be forced to roll with the werewolf.

garganoz3
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I think drafting a QB is what we need to do, enough of Dallas players already

AquaInferno
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM

Discuss..........

Wait don't werewolves need full moons to turn? This is bad, Vampires cant play at all during the day and the werewolf would be human during our games. What about Frankenstein?

MarshallFin1
04-25-2012, 12:38 PM

dont drink alcohol and post.

SCall13
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Tony "Choke" Romo? No way in hell. He's not on the cusp of anything but watching his peak in his rear view mirror. He is at his peak now. And that's just not good enough. I've never thought Romo was even VERY good. Just solid a lot of the time.

MarshallFin1
04-25-2012, 12:41 PM
U do know the hole dallas fan base hates romo right? matt moore>>tony romo

wonderl33t
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I would give a 2nd for Romo, but not a 1st at his age. He is really good. I think he gets a lot of undue criticism.

josekareh
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
That would be a good topic to discuss

SCall13
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
If it's a night or domed game a Vampire , more calculating, can run a 40 in like 0.2sec and has super human strenght...........however the one weakness I see LikeUn is the Vamps' inability to tolerate daylight. I mean as soon as he comes out of the tunnel its game over so the Werewolf would have a huge advantage in this scenario, given the Werewolf's inability to control his primordial urges at night he would need some development time to become a complete player at the NFL level.

Overall I would grade out he vampire at a no brainier first round talent for a playoff contender since a lot of there games will involve the prime time night lights and domed adversaries but I don't see him as a good fit in Miami with the abundance of 1pm kickoffs. If I were Miami I would take Wolfe in the 2nd round as a potential upgrade at Safety.

His numbers are typically good. But he can't get out of his own way in big games. That's definitely one of the things you look for in a QB: someone who steps up in big games, not someone who consistently chokes.

FinsNCanes
04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Romo..bleh. Might as well draft Weeden.

datruth55
04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I would give a 2nd for Romo, but not a 1st at his age. He is really good. I think he gets a lot of undue criticism.
And why do you think he gets undue criticism?

number1fin
04-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Wait don't werewolves need full moons to turn? This is bad, Vampires cant play at all during the day and the werewolf would be human during our games. What about Frankenstein?Yo Aqua, I..I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish, but TONY ROMO IS #2 IN CAREER PASSING RATINGS ALLTIME..........ALLTIME!!!!!!!!:idk:

number1fin
04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
U do know the hole dallas fan base hates romo right? matt moore>>tony romoLearn how to spell.

NY8123
04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
His numbers are typically good. But he can't get out of his own way in big games. That's definitely one of the things you look for in a QB: someone who steps up in big games, not someone who consistently chokes.

What's this have to do with the Vampire and Werewolf?

Mr. Day
04-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Actually Tony Romo sucks moose balls.

number1fin
04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
And why do you think he gets undue criticism?Because he hasn't won "the BIG one", yet.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
<fieldset class="fieldset">
<legend>Skimlinks</legend>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="" border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td>We use a product called Skimlinks to help us pay the bills for this forum. If you don't want these links to be enabled while you browse the site, you may disable the system here.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<div><label><input type="checkbox" name="skimlinks" value="1" tabindex="1" /> </label></div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
Being popular wih this crowd is difficult ,at best..........impossible at worst

number1fin
04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
What's this have to do with the Vampire and Werewolf?Wow, and you're actually a Mod? Why don't you start acting like one and stop trying to sabotage other members threads with your vampire and werewolf crap! It's unprofessional!

Phinatic8u
04-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow, and you're actually a Mod? Why don't you start acting like one and stop trying to sabotage other members threads with your vampire and werewolf crap? It's unprofessional!

Just stop, nobody is trying to sabotage anything, and NY8123 isn't a mod, he's a supermod :lol:, cape and all.

number1fin
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Just stop, nobody is trying to sabotage anything, and NY8123 isn't a mod, he's a supermod :lol:, cape and all.So what do you call deliberately going off-topic?

Phinatic8u
04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
So what do you call deliberately going off-topic?

Well it is a fan forum, he didn't post stupid pictures, or anything unrelated to anything, so I personally don't see anything wrong with it. :idk:..

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Learn how to spell.

:lol::lol::lol:

number1fin
04-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Well it is a fan forum, he didn't post stupid pictures, or anything unrelated to anything, so I personally don't see anything wrong with it. :idk:..

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

:lol::lol::lol:I don't take kindly to alcohol jokes.

cdz12250
04-25-2012, 06:52 PM
No

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

The last thing this team needs is another Dallas Cowboys retread!

You took the words right out of my mouth. And what's this obsession with old quarterbacks, including Weeden?

Elliott 1
04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Weeden is just plain better than Tannehill.

The Confessor
04-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Well first off.

The Cowboys wouldn't give up Tony Romo for a mediocre project to begin with.

What they MIGHT do is trade up for our 8 if DeCastro is on the board. Actually, a very very good chance that happens. Lots of talk here in Dallas about it.

Almost as much talk as there is about how bad it sucks to be Dolphins fan if we actually draft Tannehill at #8 overall :lol:

What? I'm not kidding.

Paiva10
04-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Very doubtful

fishfanmiami
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Love to trade back for another 2nd or future 1st. Tons of cap room next year for free agents and a couple 1st round picks to trade up for a QB with ? I'll take it. Barkley anyone ?

number1fin
04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Well first off.

The Cowboys wouldn't give up Tony Romo for a mediocre project to begin with.

What they MIGHT do is trade up for our 8 if DeCastro is on the board. Actually, a very very good chance that happens. Lots of talk here in Dallas about it.

Almost as much talk as there is about how bad it sucks to be Dolphins fan if we actually draft Tannehill at #8 overall :lol:

What? I'm not kidding.From what I hear though you Texans really like Ryan Tannehill, being that he went to school in-state.

allsilverdreams
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
you down on OPP other peoples problems im not down on it

number1fin
04-25-2012, 08:24 PM
you down on OPP other peoples problems im not down on itNo not really.

Love Naughty by Nature though.

JCane
04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Tony Romo cannot win you a Super Bowl.

Talent wise, he's one of the top 5 QBs in the game.

Mentally, he's one of the bottom 5.

This makes him an average QB. I love Tony Romo. He's one of my favorite players in the league.

But he can't win you a Super Bowl.

Eloz13
04-25-2012, 09:10 PM
32 year old QB who hasn't won a big game in years? No thanks.... Let's develop someone..... Moore/Gerrard can keep his chair warm for a year.8

The Confessor
04-26-2012, 05:11 AM
From what I hear though you Texans really like Ryan Tannehill, being that he went to school in-state.

Well, first off, I'm not really a "Texan" with the exception that I moved here 3 years ago and pay taxes....

ASIDE from that, as I stated, the thought of Tannehill going within the top 25 picks is a serious joke around here. That is coming from all angles, including the several hundred Aggie Alum I work with.

Kdawg954
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Tony Romo cannot win you a Super Bowl.

Talent wise, he's one of the top 5 QBs in the game.

Mentally, he's one of the bottom 5.

This makes him an average QB. I love Tony Romo. He's one of my favorite players in the league.

But he can't win you a Super Bowl.

I don't disagree, but it's funny watching people completely dismiss this idea like Romo sucks, when we have trotted out a bunch of no names since #13 retired.

I had this conversation with a Cowboys fan the other day . . . once you get past Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, Eli and Drew . . . plus a healthy Peyton, you get to a trio of guys lead by Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick and Tony Romo IMO . . . guys who haven't won the big one for whatever reason, but at times display brillance of the top 6 guys ahead of them. Followed by the Flacco's, Ryans, Stafford's, Schaubs, etc. Romo is a top 10 QB.

Why would the Cowboys get rid of a guy like that and why "wouldn't we" trade for a guy like that if he was available. And he is a young 32 (just turned 32 last Saturday) . . . and in playing time he doesn't have the mileage that some other 32 year old QB's have. If that offer was on the table, I have to say I'd probably pull the trigger.

NY8123
05-01-2012, 11:47 PM
**** Tony Romo. Just like Jessica did.

rick32883
05-02-2012, 12:13 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! .... romo is above average at best .. no where near elite and he get HURT a lot!!

SQuinn17
05-02-2012, 12:54 AM
We're nowhere near Super Bowl contention so the answer is no.

SeanSmith24
05-02-2012, 01:01 AM
no way, romo cant win in dallas then hes not winning in miami, hes a special player but so is tannehil. Tannehill will be good for years to come, maybe not great but good, and when your good qb with elite recivers then that means super bowl...look at eli manning

JCane
05-02-2012, 01:53 AM
I don't disagree, but it's funny watching people completely dismiss this idea like Romo sucks, when we have trotted out a bunch of no names since #13 retired.

I had this conversation with a Cowboys fan the other day . . . once you get past Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, Eli and Drew . . . plus a healthy Peyton, you get to a trio of guys lead by Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick and Tony Romo IMO . . . guys who haven't won the big one for whatever reason, but at times display brillance of the top 6 guys ahead of them. Followed by the Flacco's, Ryans, Stafford's, Schaubs, etc. Romo is a top 10 QB.

Why would the Cowboys get rid of a guy like that and why "wouldn't we" trade for a guy like that if he was available. And he is a young 32 (just turned 32 last Saturday) . . . and in playing time he doesn't have the mileage that some other 32 year old QB's have. If that offer was on the table, I have to say I'd probably pull the trigger.

The idea that Tony Romo sucks isn't even worth debating.

That's an absurd comment from anyone.

I agree that Romo is in that second tier of QBs in the league. Don't like Vick at all. He'd probably be in my fourth tier.

And I love Romo...but he just has this mental block that he can't get past. I really wish he could.

TonyGsharp
05-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Tony Romo for Ryan Tannehill?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/1238584287_seinfeld_had_enoughgif-1.jpg

MarshallFin1
05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
il say it, tony romo sucks /thread.

JCane
05-02-2012, 07:45 AM
il say it, tony romo sucks /thread.

Why.

Vaark
05-02-2012, 07:47 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

hey buster, watch that!!!

BadA..Fishy
05-02-2012, 07:48 AM
This is a horrible post

Vaark
05-02-2012, 07:51 AM
I agree that Romo gets undue critcism, considering a good skillset, but considering that by post-30 age, he's yet to demonstrate mental toughness, when it comes to trading T/hill and his uncertain but potentially unlimited upside, this is a case where I'd prefer the "two in the bush" over "a bird in the hand!"

DaLionsden189
05-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Post of the year 2012

DDTDON
05-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Stupidest thread ever made. We just drafted our future, and hasn't even played a down and you want to trade him for Romo?!?!?!?! Just unbelievable.

Fintastic2124
05-02-2012, 08:31 AM
This thread was made right BEFORE the draft and it was titled something like trading down to the cowboys for romo and their first. Someone changed the thread title.

rick32883
05-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Why.

He cantwin the big Games

cleezy13
05-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Dumbest Thing Ive ever heard Tanny will be a 1,000 Xs better than Romo....Romos a bum choke artist, Tanny will be an elite qb in this league!

Samjuan Juno
05-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Who on earth would come up with a half-assed hair-brained thought like this, let alone make it public knowledge. Yea, lets give them our future and we'll take their past. Absolutely ridiculous idea.

BlueFin
05-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Please, we now FINALLY have a mega-talented young first round potential franchise quarterback, and your suggesting giving that up for a very average NFL qb?

No...no....and NO!

seisenrod
05-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Romo is done Tanny is just getting started. NO Trade..

SCarolinaFinFan
05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Romo sucks a big green donkey d!@k! worst idea ever!

twohype
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM

Nope....never......just say no to drugs :-)

Gonzo
05-02-2012, 01:16 PM
I agree that Romo gets undue critcism, considering a good skillset, but considering that by post-30 age, he's yet to demonstrate mental toughness, when it comes to trading T/hill and his uncertain but potentially unlimited upside, this is a case where I'd prefer the "two in the bush" over "a bird in the hand!"
He's also the most inconsistent QB I've seen in a really long time. He's either really good or really horrible. There's almost no in between. Doesn't seem to be able to recover from mistakes.

No thanks. Still unsure about Tannehill, but at least there's potential there, unlike Romo.

Predaphin
05-02-2012, 01:51 PM
May this thread burn in HELL!!!

Krush
05-03-2012, 04:50 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and look man go find a sensible question to ask

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

He (romo) can't even lead his own more talented team.

petefins
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM

why even post this ****. just read on the forums. mm k?

Wildbill3
05-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I'd print this and use this in the bathroom but unfortunately I don't like a bleeding rectum.

Gonzo
05-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I'd print this and use this in the bathroom but unfortunately I don't like a bleeding rectum.
Sounds like experience talking!

Wildbill3
05-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Sounds like experience talking!
One should never run out of toilet paper. Of course German toilet paper don't take **** off no one.

Gonzo
05-03-2012, 01:51 PM
One should never run out of toilet paper. Of course German toilet paper don't take **** off no one.
German toilet paper probably wipes **** back on. It's kind of like how we keep wiping this thread to the top of the New Posts. Counterproductive.

captaineo24
05-04-2012, 01:12 AM
:napoleon::napoleon::napoleon:I wanted to put 17 more napoleons...that's what i feel about this.