PDA

View Full Version : My last mock

Fin Thirteen
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
1. Fletcher Cox Mississippi State DE/DT
This guy is athletic enough to play just about anywhere in the defensive line, collapse the pocket and get to the QB. I think he could be a double digit sack guy, from a combination of positions and techniques. Maybe then a guy like Misi can play DE/OLB and we don't need stellar production from him, as Wake and Cox are doing most of the damage. Merling's departure might hint towards this as a pick our FO likes too.

2. Reuben Randle LSU WR
The most underrated WR in the upper rounds and a great fit for the WCO. High character, hard working kid with lots of upside to go with good speed, sticky hands and great route running.

3a. Josh Robinson UCF CB or Dwight Bentley ULL CB
Robinson is a great value pick in the early third. If Robinson doesn't make it to here, my backup is Bentley. Either of these could thrive at nickel, compete with Smith for #2 CB and are both creeping up draft boards.

3b. Russell Wilson Wisconsin QB
If you have the balls to tailor your offense to this guy, you may just have the next Brees. He moved college to Wisconsin, learned the offense in a month, played behind a huge o-line, threw only 4 interceptions and 3 batted balls against a completion % in the 70s and scored 33 TDs, outplayed the other QB contenders against top opposition, demonstrated superb leadership and intangibles. Not bad for a little guy. He will reward the brave GM in spades. I think Tannehill could be a top 15 QB, but we already have one of those. Wilson just MIGHT be elite - a third rounder is a decent price to find out.

4. James Brown Troy OT/OG
Spread offense lineman with good athleticism, used to zone blocking. Not a big guy today but has the frame to bulk up.

5. Michael Egnew TE Missouri
Big athletic guy with decent pace, good hands, who isn't the shabbiest blocker either

6. Rishard Matthews Nevada WR
Injury before Combine hurt his position. Pro Day was a big success. 4.4 speed, good route runner. Made Kaepernick look good.

7. Terrance Ganaway Baylor FB
We're in the market and Ganaway was a beast for Baylor. 4.57 speed at 241 pounds. Ouch.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I would be totally fine with this mock for sure........I like Cox and he could play DT or OLB. Randle addresses a WR, CB is addressed, and OG is addressed.........along with TE.
Now you KNOW they aren't gonna do it since it makes sense, right?

1CoolFin
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Finally a mock that makes sense! I would love for us to pick up Wilson and I think he could be an immediate starter in this league.

next-year
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
we already have a top 15 QB? this is news to me.

Fin Thirteen
04-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Well, Moore's QBR was 12th best last season. I'm taking a bit of poetic license but not much. I like Tannehill a lot but I want my first rounder to be a banker. Plus I like Wilson even more.

LANGER72
04-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Excellent mock. I would go along with those picks. Very similar to my mocks. Hopefully the staff can get a clue.

FinaticalOne
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
That's a pretty good mock, I'm not a big fan of Egnew though, but overall pretty good. If you look at my sig below, you'll see I am on the Fletcher Cox bandwagon too.

Fin Thirteen
04-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Like your mock too. Think we'll have to address the secondary sooner than the 6th though.

frb86
04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
not bad, seems I'm one of the few that dosen't want to draft 2 recievers, I would rather double down on de/olb

Fin Thirteen
04-25-2012, 04:02 PM
not bad, seems I'm one of the few that dosen't want to draft 2 recievers, I would rather double down on de/olb

I gave it thought, but the Bess injury news (ACL or no ACL) swayed it for me. Lavonte David, Olivier Vernon and a few others were in the mix for the later rounds until I went WR.

AZStryker
04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
While I appreciate the hard work you put in, that is just a god awful draft. It would get a worse reaction than drafting the Ted Ginn family! If we go defense in round 1 (which I seriously doubt) it would have to be Kuechly. Also, the next three picks are about a round too high IMO.

Fin Thirteen
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
While I appreciate the hard work you put in, that is just a god awful draft. It would get a worse reaction than drafting the Ted Ginn family! If we go defense in round 1 (which I seriously doubt) it would have to be Kuechly. Also, the next three picks are about a round too high IMO.

Hey, opinion is what it's all about and I respect yours.

Kuechly might be a good player but I just don't see how he helps us beat Tom Brady twice a year. When Zach Thomas was a stud for us, firstly he stopped guys at the line of scrimmage but most importantly he was playing a different game. Football today is going right over the highly intelligent head of Kuechly and there isn't a need to pick for that position high in the first round.

Even when there was a run game to stop, they didn't tend to draft LBs high.

It's all about QB pressure now and flexible secondaries. Cox is a pick for today's NFL.

FinaticalOne
04-25-2012, 07:41 PM

IMO. If we do go defense in the first, it will be a pass
rusher b4 a mlb. Kuechly is a great player but Cox should be the pick b4 him.