PDA

View Full Version : Barron or Keuchly?

DUB
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't believe Tannehill will be the BPA or will have a strong enough endorsement from Sherman to warrant the #8 pick. With no elite pass rusher I think we look at one of these guys to help cover. Keuchly would allow Dansby to kick outside and maybe improve two spots on D. Barron is a big hitter with above average ball skills, who would become the qb of our secondary. I am not confident in any of our safeties, although I do like Jimmy Wilson's potential. In the end I think we take one of these two impact players and add pieces to what could be an elite Defense. Give Moore another year and prepare to move for a legit top 10 qb next year.

You guys prefer Barron or Kuechly at #8? Let me add Chandler Jones, 6'5" pass rusher from Syracuse. Take your pick.

PJack
04-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Kuechly. Just think he's close to can't miss. Special player with awesome head for the game with the measurables to match. He's kind of like Zach Thomas with more speed and size. A QB for the defense.
I won't scream if we take Tannehill, but I think it's a big reach for a guy that won't see the field unless we are out of the playoffs. I think 8 is a little high for Baron because I don't see quite up to Reed or Polamalu skills there and he does get nicked up at times. Other guys I'd be happy with are Blackmon or Floyd.

sinPHIN
04-25-2012, 10:41 PM
man thas a hard one. growing up as a lb and my all time favorite fin is zach, i have to go with luke. barron would fill a hole that we have need for a long time tho. but to me luke brings more to the table with leadership and the guy is just smart as hell.
there is talk of tampa taking luke if richardson and claiborn are gone

DUB
04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm leaning Keuchly too. We obviously place value on the role, see a.j. Edds attempt. The kid is a lock. I like Dansby rushing from the edge some too.

fishbanger
04-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Barron is the closest thing to LOTT since LOTT was drafted. I take him hands down over Kuechly.

jasonlbjg
04-26-2012, 01:28 AM
I will be excited if we draft Keuchly. He has the potential to be a faster Zach Thomas 2.0 and would be our defensive leader for the next decade. Dansby is not a solid leader and we can move him all over the place where he excells at creating havoc. Then all we need is a leader that lines up behind the Center and infront of a RB. No it's not the FB. I hope Tannehill falls to our second. I think it's possible because that's where he should be drafted. Not a top 10 pick.

MGS
04-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Barron.

insom187
04-26-2012, 02:22 AM
I posted the exact sma ethread yesterday lol. It's that valid a question haha. Im for Luke, we need a MLB to let Dansby and Burnnett move to the outside on either side. He's gonna be a stud.

KingDolphin57
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I like both players but would go Kuechly. Knowing Ireland both players will be there at #8 he'll trade out and miss both.

Fins1980
04-26-2012, 11:37 AM
i think that Barron is going to be a great players. there are not many if any that play at his level in the league now. her will seperate himself quickly.

NRA
04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
you have to be able to compete in your division or control it to go anywhere.

the pats are the ones in our way and with their 2 TE set, it has been killing us [and others]. so, 1st thing the finz have to do is recognise this and and make it TOP PRIORITY to stop it. we have scored points on them, but, we cant stop them.

KUECHLY and BARRON should be the top two players on the finz mind. and i repeat, SHOULD be. both have the ability to put a big dent in the pats te fire power. [the jets te is no slouch either!!]. so all this being said, you have to ask yourself as a gm who is the better player between the two, and i believe that player is LUKE KEUCHLY!! this isnt just another tough lb who has some cover skills, this guy is and absolute ELITE coverage lb. there are a few good coverage lb, but i dont think i could put ELITE to any lb's coverage skills in the game today. you put kuechly with kevin burnett, who is a real good coverage lb on te's and the pats instantly have something to worry about. kuechly is a different breeed at his position and in this days nfl, having an elite cover lb is the cake!! i can tell you with no doubt, the BUFFALO BILLS covet luke kuechly. almost over night the bills have turned themselves into a super dominant defense and you put kuechly in that mix and they are INSTANTLY the best defense in our devision, the biggest threat to the pats and and one of the top 3 defenses in the nfl.

lets take that away from them and take a bite out of the pats!!!

if he is gone, MARK BARRON is the pick. our secondary is garbage after vontae. smith should already be on the bench [i think he will be tradxed this weekend]. our depth is horrific [see nolan carroll]. jimmie wilson has some talent, but who knows what this team is going to do with him. barron is a sure pro bowler, can cover te's [huge need] and is a great runs support guy and BIF TIME hitter. you draft pro bowl types in the top ten, not reaches like tannehill or coples.

although its pretty damned close, KUECHLY'S skills are just more elite than barrons.

KUECHLY is my choice over BARRON.

SHOULD THESE TWO BE GONE, the next two are STEPHON GILMORE and COURTNEY UPSHAW. upshaw is my "didnt see that one coming pick". a proto type 4-3 DE [which we need] who is a great run stopper, sets the edge and has great pass rush potential. he vastly under rated and under valued [on the surface] in this draft. but something tells me there are a few gm's who know his true value and will act early. he has shown to be athletic and fluid enough to drop back as a stand up, 3-4 olb and i think we will still be playing some 3-4 in our scheme.

we need some offense for sure, but the value of what will be available at #8 is not near as good a value as some of the defensive players who may be there.

but, we have the JEFF IRELAND factor so who knows.

FinsNCanes
04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Did I hear Keuchly didn't cover a lot in college? Maybe it's the other way around. Don't get to catch a ton of BC games ;D

oasis
04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
I like the idea of Kuechly because it upgrades two positions. Dansby's original position is OLB, and while he's been decent to good at ILB, he might get back to making some plays at OLB. Kuechly easily has the leadership abilities to man the MLB spot. Dansby and Burnett on the outside with Kuechly in the middle is a pretty sweet 4-3 LB group. Toss in Misi on the inside when you want a 3-4 look.

DUB
04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
If a trade back happens these guys are clearly off the table. I'll take my chances from 15-19 and add a pick or two.