PDA

View Full Version : QB G.J Kinne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justdev7
04-26-2012, 12:19 AM
This kid throws one of if not the best deep balls in college football, he shows good anticipation and can fit the ball into tight windows. I think the major knocks on him would be that he doesn't have prototypical size (he's 6'1" 225lbs), he didn't play in a BCS conference and that his stats are the product of Tulsa's unique offense. I have no retort for the size argument but in regards to the knock about playing in a weak conference he was a transfer from the university of Texas so obviously somebody recognized that coming out of high school he had the ability to play with the big boys. I think he'd be a great late round pick or FA signing.

Check out the videos below and let me know what you think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U07SHuTleb0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT4qAo4qI-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK9-o-LU1Fo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdCYgOzv5ms

Fin Thirteen
04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Ted Slimm is a big fan too. 2 very good judges of players on here giving this kid the seal of approval....

I haven't seen one snap this guy has played so I have no clue. Grantland recently did a good article highlighting how huge a drop in performance you get from WRs and CBs past round 2. Even more pronounced with QBs though. They have a low chance of success even in round one compared to all other positions and it drops dramatically as you go through the rounds.

2 ways of looking at it. If your chances are low even in R1, you might as well pick in later rounds.
OR
No point looking in later rounds as the chances are you're paying a salary to a guy who won't make any difference to your team.

Unless you can snag a Luck or RG3 (and some see RG3 as a big risk), I think you should comb all rounds for QB talent. With the failure rate so high, there should be no stigma on taking a flyer on a few mid/late rounders. Kinne, Harnish, Wilson... these are players you really need to think about pulling the trigger on most years till you hit on a great one.

ticophin
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
one of those guys with "nothing to lose"...would love it if he makes it!

edaniel1717
04-26-2012, 11:32 AM
One of my good friends daughter is dating him.... says he worked out for the Cowboys.and few coaches have called him expressing interest. and they are hoping he gets betweens round 5-7...but is prepared to go undrafted..

dan the fin
04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Ted Slimm is a big fan too. 2 very good judges of players on here giving this kid the seal of approval....

I haven't seen one snap this guy has played so I have no clue. Grantland recently did a good article highlighting how huge a drop in performance you get from WRs and CBs past round 2. Even more pronounced with QBs though. They have a low chance of success even in round one compared to all other positions and it drops dramatically as you go through the rounds.

2 ways of looking at it. If your chances are low even in R1, you might as well pick in later rounds.
OR
No point looking in later rounds as the chances are you're paying a salary to a guy who won't make any difference to your team.

Unless you can snag a Luck or RG3 (and some see RG3 as a big risk), I think you should comb all rounds for QB talent. With the failure rate so high, there should be no stigma on taking a flyer on a few mid/late rounders. Kinne, Harnish, Wilson... these are players you really need to think about pulling the trigger on most years till you hit on a great one.
All I know is we need to start rolling the dice on some QB's that have the talent that puts them in the First round. While some later round guys make it not a lot end up top notch. People always think they can find the next Tom Brady, it just don't happen much at all. Last season 6 (basically 7 Brees 1st pick in the 2nd) of the top 10 rated QB's were first rounder and then in the 11-15 spots 4 of those guys were 1st rounders. Plus if you look at the even more closely, you will notice that the players that chance from year to year as top QB's are first rounders replacing other first rounder, an example is in 2010 Rivers was in the top ten, last year he was not but he was replaced in the top ten by a guy like E. Manning who was outside the top 10. While most years its usually like 60-80% of top ten are first rounders with a group of about 15 or so first rounders that could in up as one of the 1st rounder in the Top ten. Now with the group of 2-4 non-first rounder that make it into the top ten, there is very little change of these guys its the small group of usual suspects. Lead By Brady and then Romo and Schaub. Bottom line is the odds of finding just a starter outside the first round is slim, the odds of finding a QB that can constantly be a guy that can challenge to be a top ten guy well its kinda like playing the lotto.

A perfect example of this is Mia, last QB that the dolphins had that was a to ten guy was Marino, who just happened to Mia's last first round QB back in 1983. Since Marino retired who has had the most starting QB's, that's right Mia. Maybe just maybe Mia could think about taking a chance on a QB for the first time in 29 years, yep that's right 29 years. Even if we have to reach so why not we seem to reach over half the time in the first anyway its just at every position except the most important position.

justdev7
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
All I know is we need to start rolling the dice on some QB's that have the talent that puts them in the First round. While some later round guys make it not a lot end up top notch. People always think they can find the next Tom Brady, it just don't happen much at all. Last season 6 (basically 7 Brees 1st pick in the 2nd) of the top 10 rated QB's were first rounder and then in the 11-15 spots 4 of those guys were 1st rounders. Plus if you look at the even more closely, you will notice that the players that chance from year to year as top QB's are first rounders replacing other first rounder, an example is in 2010 Rivers was in the top ten, last year he was not but he was replaced in the top ten by a guy like E. Manning who was outside the top 10. While most years its usually like 60-80% of top ten are first rounders with a group of about 15 or so first rounders that could in up as one of the 1st rounder in the Top ten. Now with the group of 2-4 non-first rounder that make it into the top ten, there is very little change of these guys its the small group of usual suspects. Lead By Brady and then Romo and Schaub. Bottom line is the odds of finding just a starter outside the first round is slim, the odds of finding a QB that can constantly be a guy that can challenge to be a top ten guy well its kinda like playing the lotto.

A perfect example of this is Mia, last QB that the dolphins had that was a to ten guy was Marino, who just happened to Mia's last first round QB back in 1983. Since Marino retired who has had the most starting QB's, that's right Mia. Maybe just maybe Mia could think about taking a chance on a QB for the first time in 29 years, yep that's right 29 years. Even if we have to reach so why not we seem to reach over half the time in the first anyway its just at every position except the most important position.

You definitely have a better chance with 1st round QBs succeeding than with late rounders. But i would rather burn a 7th on a guy im not sure about then a 1st. Why force a pick? Which is kind of the feeling I get about us and tanahill.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?20j5tv

dan the fin
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
You definitely have a better chance with 1st round QBs succeeding than with late rounders. But i would rather burn a 7th on a guy im not sure about then a 1st. Why force a pick? Which is kind of the feeling I get about us and tanahill.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?20j5tv

F it take Tanny in the first, Weedon in the second if he there and Kinne in the 7th. We suck it up on like 90% of are picks anyway may as well do it going for a QB. 29 years and counting since we took a QB in the first and people wonder why this team goes nowhere. He is all you need to know why:Draft a first-round quarterback and you have a 34.4 percent chance to win at least one playoff game within a decade with him. Take one in rounds two through seven and there's a 1.9 percent chance.