PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill = Mallett?

finfan7284
04-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Does anyone see this Tannehill scenario boiling down the way the Ryan Mallett scenario did last year? I understand that Malletts downside was his personal conduct issues which were red flags for many teams but Tannehill has many experience issues. Can a comparison be made between the two?

Finfanforever
04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Absolutely not...no question about Tannehill's character and leadership skills...none

finfan7284
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
But there is a question regarding his skill set. Im not saying that they have the same background, not at all. What Im referring to is the fact that last year Mallett had a first round projection (many thought miami would be the pick at 15) and he fell all they way to New England in the 3rd round.

OrlandoFin
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
The only thing holding Tannehill back is experience. If you draft him it's on potential.

houtz
04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
There is no question about Tannehill's skill set. He's better than Gabbert, Locker and Ponder all who were taken in the first round. Sure he's raw but his potential makes him the better pick than either of the three last year. Tannehill should be our guy and the only way we hesitate is if a elite player falls. If you miss on Tannehill and can't land Weeden I don't see much reason to draft a QB, non whatsoever.

When all is said and done I think Tannehill will be th second best QB of this draft class.

abNORMal
04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't think Mallett was projected as first rounder. There was talk that he had first round "talent," with a 6th round "brain," which makes 3rd round just about right for him. Tanny won't last until the third even if the we pass on him. I don't mind getting Tanny at 8, and I'm not a Tanny suporter or hater, He is considered the 3rd best QB in the draft and he would be the 3rd one off the board, we just need to keep drafting QB's, at least one every draft, until we hit on our franchise guy, and this year Tanny is in that spot for us, but please do not trade up to get him...

abNORMal
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
There is no question about Tannehill's skill set. He's better than Gabbert, Locker and Ponder all who were taken in the first round. Sure he's raw but his potential makes him the better pick than either of the three last year. Tannehill should be our guy and the only way we hesitate is if a elite player falls. If you miss on Tannehill and can't land Weeden I don't see much reason to draft a QB, non whatsoever.

When all is said and done I think Tannehill will be th second best QB of this draft class.

Man, I am so desparate for a QB, even if Tanny and Weeden are off the board, I'd still use one of our 3rds, or 4th if possible to take a shot on a guy like Russell Wilson, I know he is vertically challenged, but he is worth a shot.

dan the fin
04-26-2012, 05:20 PM
But there is a question regarding his skill set. Im not saying that they have the same background, not at all. What Im referring to is the fact that last year Mallett had a first round projection (many thought miami would be the pick at 15) and he fell all they way to New England in the 3rd round.
Well with Mallett you have leadership and Character issues on top of skill set questions. Another big question was Mallett's abileity to escape and buy time in the pocket. Tanny is a far better athlete, while not quite the arm strength of Mallett, Tanny has a NFL arm.

LikeUntoGod
04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
I'd take Mallet over Tannehill. Mallet has the better arm, he is stronger and more accurate and he has a lot more experience. He dropped in the draft because he was a white guy that acted "too black" for a lot of NFL people.

We too a center a little early, paid too much for D Thomas and then whiffed on Mallet. We will be losing to Ryan Mallet for years to come.

J Tes
04-26-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd take Mallet over Tannehill. Mallet has the better arm, he is stronger and more accurate and he has a lot more experience. He dropped in the draft because he was a white guy that acted "too black" for a lot of NFL people.

We too a center a little early, paid too much for D Thomas and then whiffed on Mallet. We will be losing to Ryan Mallet for years to come.
Well you win already. There's going to be well over a thousand more posts today but you've already locked down worst post of the day

sjsharkfanredux
04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Even if we had drafted Mallet, we didn't have the 'right' guy(staff) in place that we do now. Philbin likes hard workers and leader types which Philbin would not have approved of if he was with the team last year when Mallet came out

J Tes
04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
To reply to the original poster- no. They are polar opposites of each other. Only thing they have in common is that they both have strong arms.

fin4u
04-26-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't think Tannehill is the answer

fishbanger
04-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Mallet is immobile AKA Bledsoe and Brady.
both have very strong arms.
Tannehill is super athlete AKA on the level of a starting WR. Tannehill is more accurate on the move too.