PDA

View Full Version : Whoever we take in the 1st 3 rounds needs to be IMPACT PLAYERS

Dmarino110
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Look at our drafts...the last time we got more then 1 bona fide Star was 97 and 96 when we drafted madison and taylor and gardner and thomas...

look back at the drafts....http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2700&type=team

we havent had a draft in 15 years with multiple stars...

This is why we have sucked for so long...this needs to change TODAY and TOMORROW...

Geforce
04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Gardener was a bonafide star? Gardener was good but was never a star player.

67Stang
04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
You mean not a QB with 2 years QB experience?!?!?!?! Surely you jest!

Mage_Phin
04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
As much as I love those 4 guys, they never exactly helped us compete for a Super Bowl did they. That's not a knock on them, it's just that you can't win in the NFL without a QB. That's where we need to hit.

fishbanger
04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Jimmy would make a great GM if he would come out of retirement. That was a very good graft that year. Jimmy also had the issue of not hitting on his offensive playmakers. After picking John Avery I think he gave up.

Dmarino110
04-26-2012, 12:00 PM
okay but you get my point...we need probowlers, and if the GM says we are going to build through the draft we need to get probowlers through the draft...

we have 1 in 4 years...we need Immediate impact players because the one thing i still believe that parcells said was if they dont bite as pups they arent going to bite...we have a top 10 pick...if we pick someone that doesnt provide an immediate impact we are back to where we have been for 10 years...

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Jimmy would make a great GM if he would come out of retirement. That was a very good graft that year. Jimmy also had the issue of not hitting on his offensive playmakers. After picking John Avery I think he gave up.
maybe he should have tried for moss instead of trading back...

Geforce
04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
okay but you get my point...we need probowlers, and if the GM says we are going to build through the draft we need to get probowlers through the draft...

we have 1 in 4 years...we need Immediate impact players because the one thing i still believe that parcells said was if they dont bite as pups they arent going to bite...we have a top 10 pick...if we pick someone that doesnt provide an immediate impact we are back to where we have been for 10 years...

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

maybe he should have tried for moss instead of trading back...

I understand what you are saying but a player need not be a Pro Bowler to be an impact player. There are only so many players that can go to the Pro Bowl and many time a player who is deserving gets left off because they are not popular enough. In other words, Pro Bowl-caliber should be sufficient enough.

ChambersWI
04-26-2012, 01:15 PM
if you take a QB in round 1 he doesn't need to start right away. Otherwise, you are correct. My general rule is the first 4 rounds are guys you expect to contribute right away

LANGER72
04-26-2012, 03:44 PM
You get the pro bowl players in the first and second round. Over the last 10 years we have either traded one or the other of our top two picks or missed miserably with them.
Jake long is the exception, he was a no brainer. It can be argued that he was the wrong pick for the franchise though.
The bottom line is that we cannot afford to make mistakes anymore. That is the primary reason why we have fallen from the elite.
Jimmy Johnson had as many hits as misses. He liked to trade down to get as many at bats as possible. Smart move.

D' Phins
04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I agree that we definitely need impact players QB WR TE people that score points.

fin4u
04-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I agree that we definitely need impact players QB WR TE people that score points. We need players that will have long term impact. There is a difference.

sjsharkfanredux
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm for the philosophy that defnese wins games, gets the team to the playoffs eventually Superbowl. With that siad we never game changes on defense more than offense. No more cornfed d-line, we need relentless mofo at d-line and lb. Give me lavonte david, nick perry, curry, upshaw, kuechly and 1 or 2 of these guys

Nectarios
04-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Agreed. We need starters who are going to make a difference, not more projects or guys with "potential".