PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins at No.8 its unanimous among NFL draft experts

BAMAPHIN 22
04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2012/04/the-miami-dolphins-at-no-8-its-unanimous-among-nfl-draft-experts.html

Geforce
04-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Well hell, if all the draft experts agree that Tannehill should be the Dolphins pick. We are definitely drafting Fletcher Cox or David DeCastro at #8.

J Tes
04-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Normally i'd say that means go the opposite direction but in this case I think they're 100% correct

fishbanger
04-26-2012, 12:36 PM
If he is there it has turned into a no brainer. Now the pressure seems to be on the GM after he previously stated he will not be pressured into a decision.
Well, One fan agrees with the experts and the Owner and probably what philbin and Aherman think too.

This is the classic Pressure versus Value pick. We need to redefine what value really means to a winning organization with a plan to be consistent about winning versus churning players thru the roster every 3 years.

datruth55
04-26-2012, 12:36 PM
It makes the most sense, doesn't mean it will happen though. If by the end of Friday we don't have Tannehill or Weeden I'm going to be very upset.

EFWilson
04-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Well, at least Tannehill represents hope that the team will get better in the near future. Playing it safe and drafting another DE, OL or a LB will not put more people in the stands. I've seen where the experts say Tannehill will need to sit a year or two. I dont believe that. If the fish draft him I'd expect to see him starting sometime this year.

rrrrphin
04-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm amazed to here all the trade interest to get to either the #7 or #9 slot for Cox/Barron.
If we do not want Tannehill @8, I think Ireland will be moving lower and aquiring additional picks.

Geordie
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Well hell, if all the draft experts agree that Tannehill should be the Dolphins pick. We are definitely drafting Fletcher Cox or David DeCastro at #8.

I've watched a bunch of these mocks an one thing is common. The experts are not saying, as you are, that Miami SHOULD take Tannehill, they are saying they will take him. All of them seem to be saying it's too high and Miami should go in another direction but they won't. I agree totally with them, unfortunately the pick will be Tannehill, unless Ireland is doing a fantastic job of misdirection here.

fishfanmiami
04-26-2012, 12:47 PM
i think Miami can trade back and still get Tannehill. If we pass on him at #8 it will say Sherman and the brain trust were not impressed. He could fall to the middle of the round and that's where we take him after a trade back for more picks with Dallas for instance.

Geordie
04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
i think Miami can trade back and still get Tannehill. If we pass on him at #8 it will say Sherman and the brain trust were not impressed. He could fall to the middle of the round and that's where we take him after a trade back for more picks with Dallas for instance.

I really don't like Tannehill at all, but I could live with the choice, if it's in a trade back, if he's not there at our new pick move on to the BPA and get Weeden or cousins further down in the draft. It won't be a big loss if we miss out on Tannehill, it will be a total waste of a top 10 pick if we pick anything but an immediate impact player at #8.

datruth55
04-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, at least Tannehill represents hope that the team will get better in the near future. Playing it safe and drafting another DE, OL or a LB will not put more people in the stands. I've seen where the experts say Tannehill will need to sit a year or two. I dont believe that. If the fish draft him I'd expect to see him starting sometime this year.
I would hope not. I would rather he sit for a year or two. The benefits of sitting and learning, especially for a guy who has limited experience like Tannehill, are a huge benefit. I keep going back to the model Green Bay uses. Favre was traded to Green Bay and he didn't start until Majkowski got hurt and he was forced in the lineup, Aaron Rodgers sat for 4 years, Matt Flynn sat for 4 years and he was a 7th round pick who played a lot better than his draft position in his 2 starts.

I really hope the coaching staff shows a lot of patience with Tannehill if he's the draft pick. We need to set him up for success and not throw him out there and set him up for failure.

hooshoops
04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
screw that...he needs to play after the bye week...ha ha

EFWilson
04-26-2012, 01:16 PM
I think its valuable for a rookie QB to get some real game experience. Thats not including pre-season games. Judging from what the fish have done with the QB position this year. I think their plan is to sit the new QB. One or two starts at the end of the year would be great for a rookie QB. something to build on for 2013. Since Tannehill played for sherman, I think the offensive learning curve will be somewhet shorter for him. I think the main issue is getting used to the speed of an nfl game. That comes from experience under fire. All that being said I dont expect Ireland to draft Tannehill. I think Cousins will be the pick in the 2nd. Sort of reminds me of Flynn. I have a feeling Ireland will get cute and overdraft someone not named Tannehill.

fininpsl
04-26-2012, 02:12 PM

That's what I think we should do if we can find a team willing to trade. That said, Ireland doesn't strike me as the type of guy willing to take that kind of risk if he thinks Tannehill is good enough to take with a first round pick. I think we'll take him at 8 if they like him, and if they trade back it's because they really don't think he has a chance to be the guy long-term.

Exuro
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Pouncey was the consensus expert pick last year, and they got that one right. I believe they will be right again.

sn9ke.eyes
04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
I really don't like Tannehill at all, but I could live with the choice, if it's in a trade back, if he's not there at our new pick move on to the BPA and get Weeden or cousins further down in the draft. It won't be a big loss if we miss out on Tannehill, it will be a total waste of a top 10 pick if we pick anything but an immediate impact player at #8.

So you are saying if we draft Tannehill at 8 and he sits all of this season, but develops into an elite QB in year 2 or 3, it's a waste of a pick ?

DKphin
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
You know what this means? We will take Coples and I will be buying a new TV tomorrow because mine will be in pieces.

2413fanphins
04-26-2012, 06:56 PM

can you elaborate on exactly what it is about cousins, that you'd want him anywhere near a dolphins uniform?

Nectarios
04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
too true