PDA

View Full Version : ND WR Floyd with the 8th pick on the 1st Round

Marino dan
04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
this is the player that makes the most sense right about now.
when Gerrard is tossing those long bombs to this kid we will forget all about Tannenhil and the rumors.

Phins117
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Ugh, No gerrard won't be the starter and no we are not taking floyd at 8. We are going to trade down and get a pass rusher. Or stick with the risk of drafting tannehill.

PlexGod
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM
when Gerrard is tossing those long bombs to this kid we will forget all about Tannenhil and the rumors.

i wouldnt mind this pick too much unless for some miracle blackmon is still there. but sorry your sadly mistaken if u think Gerrard will be the starting QB throwing bombs to anyone. Moore is the starter day one. but i dont mind the pick too much im just not too happy with the tannehill pick or coples.

Marino dan
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Gerrard is the best qb on the roster right now. he is a mature athlete that understands the game and gives the team the best chance to win right now. All he needs is a big ol target and WR Floyd provides that. Ireland has this in mind and he is sticking by his guns We need to respect Ross for realizing this.

d-day
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Our new offense can make even the average wr a star. No chance on drafting a wr in the first round. I see Tanny or a trade down.

KevInMotion
04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm a die hard life long Golden Domer and I love Floyd's talents and abilities. Big time gamer/player. I'd be happy having him. But we got a lot of needs, and I'm hoping this draft we can get value/fill a lot of holes.

I am really intrigued by Stephen Hill. So in my dream/perfect world we could trade back and still get a threat at WR.

Travis34
04-26-2012, 03:14 PM
I want Floyd badly. I disagree about Garrard, but I do seem to remember a lot of the time Moore made some pretty good long throws to Marshall... Floyd would be an excellent replacement, probably a little faster, super strong hands, stays in bounds, and he gets open! His main "trouble" is alcohol. In college, come on! Santonio Holmes admitted to sitting down with 2 other people and they would each drink a 40 while sharing a blunt. Supposedly before games even, but thats probably a rumor.

Ideally we could trade back, maybe with the Chiefs (I think they'd like Tannehill on their team) and pick up Floyd there

Danny
04-26-2012, 03:16 PM
No way we take Floyd at 8. I agree with someone up there....is either Tannehill or trade down if posible.....if not Tannehill we'll go pass rusher but no way we take Floyd that high.

Ozzy rules!!

finsfanjay13
04-26-2012, 03:16 PM

A guy who gets wasted in South Bend and gets a DUI would not be a good fit in Miami where DUIs are like a badge of honor.

finfan66
04-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I would love Floyd with the 8th pick! We have no receivers right now and picking Tannehill is stupid with no receivers! This guy would solitify our receivers and then with the next few picks we could fill other needs. After Floyd and Blackman the rest of the guys are just average receivers.

Travis34
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I want Floyd badly. I disagree about Garrard, but I do seem to remember a lot of the time Moore made some pretty good long throws to Marshall... Floyd would be an excellent replacement, probably a little faster, super strong hands, stays in bounds, and he gets open! His main "trouble" is alcohol. In college, come on! Santonio Holmes admitted to sitting down with 2 other people and they would each drink a 40 while sharing a blunt. Supposedly before games even, but thats probably a rumor.

Ideally we could trade back, maybe with the Chiefs (I think they'd like Tannehill on their team) and pick up Floyd there

Geordie
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I would be more than happy with Floyd.

Mogwai
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Meh. I'm not on board with Floyd as a top 10 pick. He has amazing hands, but he's not going to have such an easy time using his physical advantage against pro corners. He's not exactly a gamebreaker and he might have a legitimate drinking problem. The reports that he's pulled his life together right before he goes pro is a little convenient. With the myriad problems we have along with the new offense and the depth at WR in this draft, I don't see why we'd take Floyd. Blackmon's the only receiver I'd take that high.

dan the fin
04-26-2012, 03:58 PM
So you don't want to reach on a QB, but will reach on a WR. We just got rid of a better WR for off field issues. Floyd is a know party guy and has had multiple alcohol related incidents. Money and South Beach is not a good idea with Floyd. Odds may be slightly better for him playing for Dade County then in a Pro Bowl.

MDphinfan02
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
No fn way

Cumar
04-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Gerrard is the best qb on the roster right now. he is a mature athlete that understands the game and gives the team the best chance to win right now. All he needs is a big ol target and WR Floyd provides that. Ireland has this in mind and he is sticking by his guns We need to respect Ross for realizing this.

Has Garrard ever had a stretch of games as good as Moore's last year? I'm not saying he hasn't, I'm really just curious.