PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill!!!!!

MDphinfan02
04-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Take himmmmmmmmmmmmmm whether it pans out or not least we tried not like we ever end up with a kerrigan like player who is a stud in yr one anyways

kidtransam
04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I agree 110% !! But unlike some....I say if you take a QB in the first round...you start his a$$! I wanna see the philbin/tannehill show start in week one!

PolitePolite
04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
You don't just take a QB to take a QB... Take BPA and BETTER YOUR TEAM.

wonderl33t
04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Take himmmmmmmmmmmmmm whether it pans out or not least we tried not like we ever end up with a kerrigan like player who is a stud in yr one anyways

Praise Jeebus for this thread

sjsharkfanredux
04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm with Polite's argument. In the draft, you don't reach or draft for need when the BPA is there. Hypothetically, if you have brett favre, aaron rogers on the team and both are in their prime and the BPA of the board is a QB, you take said QB without question for depth and future proof. We haven't had a above league average QB for some time but no to reaching for Tannehill

This results in Ted Ginn and not Patrick Willis since we had an aging Zach Thomas

MDFINFAN
04-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm with Polite's argument. In the draft, you don't reach or draft for need when the BPA is there. Hypothetically, if you have brett favre, aaron rogers on the team and both are in their prime and the BPA of the board is a QB, you take said QB without question for depth and future proof. We haven't had a above league average QB for some time but no to reaching for Tannehill

You make too much sense..since that's how great teams are put together...that's why GB has had so many QB's to trade

Bartowboy
04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
You have to take a chance, we may not have another shot next year.

TheWarriorFins
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree 110% !! But unlike some....I say if you take a QB in the first round...you start his a$$! I wanna see the philbin/tannehill show start in week one!

Lol not happening kid has 19 starts as a QB in college you make it sounds like he's even close to Luck's skill. He will get developed in 1-2 years normally.

Scrap
04-26-2012, 07:21 PM
I think you go with your gut. If you think he will do something in the NFL, take him. If your on the fence about it, take the BPA.

sjsharkfanredux
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Well the draft is a crap shoot how many players drafted by each team actually sticks. To take Tannehill as that shot/chance and for him to make it is small percentage than an impact playmaker at #8

Chances to me is what Atlanta's gm did. Takes balls to sell so many picks for julio jones. Unfortunately Ireland preaches value and mediocity

I rather hit 1 possibly 2 key impact players than 5-6 depth chart or camp fodder players. When teams have those impact players like baltimore than its ok to go into draft looking for these 5-6 depth players not before when we need players at safety, LB, WR, etc

DeathStar
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
A 3rd round talent...

/sign

BPA.

Danny
04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
well, the browns were never going to take him at 4....we know that now.....is hard to know what we want to do at 8 at this point. One thing is for sure, Ireland doesn't really seem to ever take any big chances....he always seems to go for the "safe" pick so is hard to imagine him taking Tannehill at 8....jmo

Ozzy rules!!

fishbanger
04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Lets see. gb had farve and in you opinion wasted a number 1 pick on rodgers and that was a wasted pick i assume based on your logic. somehow phins are not smart and are reaching when phins have no future QB in place and you think its a reach.

Philbin was in GB and he will tell you GB did not waste a pick for Rodgers while still having a great QB in place. philbin is now our coach and his thinking has not changed any i am sure.

MJC03
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I think Tannehill is a reach but if the 'Fins think he's much better than Weeden or Cousins, you have to take him. Although, I think when a team is this far away, you don't have the luxury of reaching. The 'Fins need an infusion of young talent at more than 1 position.

fininpsl
04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
A 3rd round talent...

/sign

BPA.

Show me the draft board that has Tannehill rated as a 3rd rd talent. I haven't seen any current draft boards that even have him rated as a second round talent, and I haven't seen him listed in the second since before the combine.

MDphinfan02
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Take himmmmmmmm actually id be happy with about 4 players at 8 but no dl or ol boring

tail
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I am for taking Tannehill..gotta take that chance

sjsharkfanredux
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Not what I meant. I'm for taking BPA even if the team is stacked at that position. I never said rogers was a wasted 1st round pick. In the hypothetical situation where a team like GB had two QBs in their prime which Favre was not, the team takes the BPA(QB) and worries about salary cap and roster adjustment later. Sorry for explaining it not too clear but you were putting words in my mouth as the saying goes. My bias opinion is no to Tannehill.

Lets see. gb had farve and in you opinion wasted a number 1 pick on rodgers and that was a wasted pick i assume based on your logic. somehow phins are not smart and are reaching when phins have no future QB in place and you think its a reach.

Philbin was in GB and he will tell you GB did not waste a pick for Rodgers while still having a great QB in place. philbin is now our coach and his thinking has not changed any i am sure.

dr.jake
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
"at least we tried"

is the absolute lamest statement i ever heard for selecting a draft pick.