PDA

View Full Version : We should Trade for Upshaw.

miamirw
04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Not that expensive. Would cost us a 4th rder. He'd be a steal right about now.

mrhankey81701
04-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Someone is going to fall to us either a ot or a pass rusher

NRA
04-26-2012, 11:14 PM
HE is the guy i want right now. my fav player left in the draft.

he was one of my top 4 hopefuls but i doubt this bunch has the brains to do it.

we needed db, pass rush and o-line and wr in that order and all the best at those positions are now gone.

yes, there are still some real good players left in the draft, but when you have so many needs and dont take one of the top pics at one of the needs, your draft is in BIG trouble.

ITS!MATEO
04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I highly doubt Upshaw is there with our pick

Aquafin1224
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
He would be a good pickup but there are a few quality guys left for us where we are now if we sit put.

We really need to pick up an impact starter though so I think it would be good move to try to trade up. It would probably cost less than a fourth at this point or at least we could get a fifth or sixth back, similar to the bucs and broncos trade.

sn9ke.eyes
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
HE is the guy i want right now. my fav player left in the draft.

he was one of my top 4 hopefuls but i doubt this bunch has the brains to do it.

we needed db, pass rush and o-line and wr in that order and all the best at those positions are now gone.

yes, there are still some real good players left in the draft, but when you have so many needs and dont take one of the top pics at one of the needs, your draft is in BIG trouble.

DB was not our top need in my opinion. We need help there for sure, but not our biggest hole.

#1dolphinsfan
04-26-2012, 11:28 PM
he would be a great pick up oppsite of wake

SF Dolphin Fan
04-26-2012, 11:36 PM
I think this is the round to get the pass rusher, whether it is Upshaw or Curry. I'm really surprised how high Irvin went, although you can't teach his speed and explosion so I can understand the pick.

Twitches Brew
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
No way we should trade. Nice talent up to mid-2nd.

Fin Thirteen
04-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Upshaw is the best pass rusher in the draft, IMO. If you can get him with an inexpensive trade up, you would br stupid not to do it, in my view.

Hill and Randle are intriguing, but Upshaw's can be a star of our D.

BESS4LAST
04-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Our 42 and 4th or 5 th would be the way to go for Upshaw.

dolphinheel
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
You are right he is perfect for our D. OLB @272 lbs and great pass rusher. If all it costs us is a 4th we need to do it. We have back to back 3s to get someone like Sanu and then maybe Duane Allen, the TE from Clemson. Get OL and DB in later rounds. Would be a great draft!

ChambersWI
04-27-2012, 08:31 AM
another guy that is gonna be hard to pass up if he falls to us. Hell, him falling IMO is people just overthinking the draft.

hilslo
04-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Depends on the cost to move up but with Fleener/Hill/Randle/Jeffrey/Sanu/Martin/Adams/Glenn/Konz/Jenkins all still on the board there is a chance Upshaw falls to us (although unlikely). I would hold tight and take the best pass rusher or WR left on the board because they will be a good player.

AJDUHEJETKILLER
04-27-2012, 09:06 AM
too slow, watch the tape. Dont trade up and dont grab him. Weight will be an issue shortly.......

datruth55
04-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Next picks before ours:

33. Rams - Need to get some weapons for Bradford but Fisher is such a putz he could go defense again. Still my bet is WR (Randle, Hill or Jeffery).
34. Colts - Need to start getting the personnel they need for the 3-4. Could be a good spot for Devin Still or Brandon Thompson but then how do you pass up Coby Fleener to pair with their new franchise QB?
35. Ravens - I think Peter Konz gets drafted here.
36. Broncos - Devon Still or Jerel Worthy is who most had pegged in the first round, they dropped, got some extra picks and still get their guy.
37. Browns - I think Jonathan Martin is in play here. They could surprise and take a WR or if Coby Fleener happens to get by the Colts he would be a really nice fit here as well.
38. Jags - I can see Upshaw going here to play DE. Jags could use a pass rusher or a DT.
39. Rams - If the Rams go offense at the top of the round they'll go defense here. Janoris Jenkins seems like a guy Fisher would be onboard with (he did draft Pacman Jones years ago).
40. Panthers - Defense, defense, defense. When your offense puts up over 6000 yards and you only win 6 games you have to go defense. I think it's DT here.
41. Bills - Could go OL or they could take Stephen Hill here...I can see the latter happening.
42. Dolphins - ?

fishbanger
04-27-2012, 09:40 AM
What would you do if Jenoris Jenkins falls to us? Even though he hs off field issues he is the best player available at #42. I watched him play every game at Florida and he is a STUD!

datruth55
04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
What would you do if Jenoris Jenkins falls to us? Even though he hs off field issues he is the best player available at #42. I watched him play every game at Florida and he is a STUD!
I would take him. He's a top 15, top 20 talent...don't think he gets to us though. I see a lot of trades happening before our pick.

Fin Thirteen
04-27-2012, 09:51 AM
too slow, watch the tape. Dont trade up and dont grab him. Weight will be an issue shortly.......
Upshaw thinks his way to the QB. He's not a bullrush guy, doesn't need to be the first out of the trap to reach the QB quickly. He has great footwork and great hands to slip blockers and always manages to find the shortest route to the QB.

I watch him and I see a really smart player who regularly beats his opponent with guile and his devastating hands. I don't see a slow, overweight guy at all.

NoblePhin
04-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Upshaw's biggest concern to me is his awareness/ reaction speed. I would still either take him or janoris jenkins next, we need pass rush more though.

elite14eva
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
with philbin wanting character guys i doubt they'll take jenkins if he's there.