PDA

View Full Version : Peter Konz

jim1
04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
I would love to see the Fins pick TE Coby Fleener in the 2nd rd and I like WR Rueben Randle quite a bit, but keep your eyes on Peter Konz- dude is a stud, and we need OL help, regardless of all of the money and draft picks spent on Long, Pouncy, Carey, et al. Maybe you move Pouncy to OG, I don't know. The freaking Steelers got a steal with DeCasto at #24 btw...

Kordy Glenn would be a hell of a 2nd rd pick, too. Konz and Glenn are studs- if we miss out on Fleener and Randle I still like Devier Posey, Joe Adams and Devon Wylie. Alshon Jeffrey- stay away please. Poor work ethic and has the separation skills of a Patrick Turner or Ernest Wilford. No thank you.

dolfan91
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
There are injury concerns with Konz which explains his fall from the 1st round. Glenn while he is a beast doesn't fit Miami's new offensive scheme. Konz could fall alot further, but is a guy I really like too.

Kdawg954
04-27-2012, 08:28 AM
If Miami is smart. they take the BPA on their board at 42. I gotta think that would be Upshaw if he's there.

ChambersWI
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Casserly called Konz falling out of round 1. He should be under consideration, but the guy I'm looking at for us if we go OG is Amini Silatolu

Fin Thirteen
04-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Dolphins haven't worked Konz out, according to the Draft Winds list. I think that makes him less likely for the Fins than someone like Mike Adams, Osemele or Brooks. Glenn might not be a ZBS guy, but he's great value in the second.

Stranger56
04-27-2012, 08:31 AM
As much as I like Konz, I don't see us picking him in the second round. I think he would be a perfect fit at center for us; sliding Pouncey over to guard (his natural position).

dolfan91
04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Casserly called Konz falling out of round 1. He should be under consideration, but the guy I'm looking at for us if we go OG is Amini Silatolu
Miami may be able to trade down a bit and still select Silatolu!!! Upshaw scares me!!! he seems to be more of a strong side 3-4 type LB than a 4-3 rush end with speed and quickness to come off the edge. Curry on the other hand has a variety of moves that make him a better fit for the 4-3.

PSU Cane
04-27-2012, 09:12 AM
I would take Konz in a second...but only if the medical checks out. The guy is a beast and would allow us to move Pouncey to guard where he belongs. He's constantly having snapping issues and he's best at double teaming and sliding off to block defenders at the second level. To me, this would improve 2 positions on the OLine, not just one.

dolfan91
04-27-2012, 09:25 AM
I would take Konz in a second...but only if the medical checks out. The guy is a beast and would allow us to move Pouncey to guard where he belongs. He's constantly having snapping issues and he's best at double teaming and sliding off to block defenders at the second level. To me, this would improve 2 positions on the OLine, not just one.

I posted this exact line of thinking in a post last night ... I see great minds think alike!!! Go Dolphins!!!

fishbanger
04-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Upshaw is good no doubt. He may have weight issues as he gained weight quickly after the combine. He has speed but not tremendous speed for a 1st rounder.

Jenoris Jenkins is probably BPA but has off field risks. He is great football player tho.

WaxOn WaxOff
04-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I like the idea of Konz. I also like Adams, the OT from OSU. He turned in a stellar performance at the Senior Bowl. He is big enough to swallow up defenders. If we pass on a defensive pressure player here, though, there won't be one for us in this draft.

The Omen
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
This is gonna be a tough one. The good thing is we'll most likely have a few options at a position of need, especially since there was a run on RB near the end there.

Theres a hand full of DE available, nice selection of CB's and O-line...

I think we go DE or CB tbh and take some O-line in the 3rd (Massie, Silatolu, James Brown, Bergstrom... one or more should be there when we pick).

finfan54
04-27-2012, 10:20 AM
ravens traded down and Konz has been attached to them. I think thats where he goes.

The Omen
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
ravens traded down and Konz has been attached to them. I think thats where he goes.

+1 on this

fininpsl
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I like the idea of Konz. I also like Adams, the OT from OSU. He turned in a stellar performance at the Senior Bowl. He is big enough to swallow up defenders. If we pass on a defensive pressure player here, though, there won't be one for us in this draft.

One thing I like about drafting one of these tackles if they are available is that if we don't manage to sign Jake to a long-term deal we already have a guy to potentially step in at LT. It we do re-sign Jake we should have bookend tackles. That said we need another guy that can get after the QB, and those guys aren't as numerous as OT's in this draft.

WaxOn WaxOff
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
One thing I like about drafting one of these tackles if they are available is that if we don't manage to sign Jake to a long-term deal we already have a guy to potentially step in at LT. It we do re-sign Jake we should have bookend tackles. That said we need another guy that can get after the QB, and those guys aren't as numerous as OT's in this draft.

Excellent point.

PSU Cane
04-27-2012, 11:39 AM
If we're looking at the tackles, i take Jonathan Martin. I think he has more upside and the ability to play both tackle positions in the NFL.

The Omen
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM

I like your thinking but, pending any serious injury to Jake Long, we are NOT letting him go. Philbin values LT as the most important position next to QB on a team and I highly doubt he'll let a top 3 LT in the league go without a fight.

normaniii
04-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I like a lot of players......but I would go in order, Upshaw, Martin, Konz, Silatalu, Andre Branch, Curry

Valandui
04-27-2012, 03:50 PM
There are about six guys I would love to get. As long as we don't take a DT.