PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets Vs. Lakers....

ebozzz
04-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Where are the Laker fans? I need to engage is some friendly smack talk regarding the upcoming series.....:chuckle:

nyjunc
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Go Ty Lawson!

ebozzz
04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Could the Nuggs make it out of the first round this year? Metta Non-World Peace is out. He has been solid on Gallinari in the past. Who will assume his role?

Ferretsquig
04-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Can't quite see a team giving McGee major minutes winning a playoff series. Better hope Kobe forgets he has two 7 footers inside and keeps jacking up those jumpers.

sjsharkfanredux
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
While I am a Lakers fan, I haven't really followed them or basketball at all this year

dreday
04-27-2012, 03:25 PM
realistically cant see the nuggets playing hard enough to win the series,but theres always hope!

ebozzz
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Can't quite see a team giving McGee major minutes winning a playoff series. Better hope Kobe forgets he has two 7 footers inside and keeps jacking up those jumpers.

Ok. Why not? Dude has been balling since coming to Denver. As for major minutes, about the opnly players on the Nuggets team that get those are the guards. McGee has been averaging less than 20 minutes a game for us...

ebozzz
04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
realistically cant see the nuggets playing hard enough to win the series,but theres always hope!

There is more than hope. Even though the Nuggets were 1 - 3 against the Lakers this season, check out the margins of victory....

Sat December 31 @ LA Lakers L 89-92
Sun January 01 vs LA Lakers W 99-90
Fri February 03 vs LA Lakers L 89-93
Fri April 13 @ LA Lakers L 97-103

Denver had a few significant players out with injuries for at least a couple of those games and they were still very competitive....

dreday
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
There is more than hope. Even though the Nuggets were 1 - 3 against the Lakers this season, check out the margins of victory....

Sat December 31 @ LA Lakers L 89-92
Sun January 01 vs LA Lakers W 99-90
Fri February 03 vs LA Lakers L 89-93
Fri April 13 @ LA Lakers L 97-103

Denver had a few significant players out with injuries for at least a couple of those games and they were still very competitive....

alot of denvers hope will predicate upon them being able to disturb bynum and gasol down low.if they can stay close with rebounding and keep bynum from destroying them down low,theres a real good chance.

kobe is going to shoot 25 times a game if denver can cripple what the lakers want to do down low.id let him get his and concentrate on slowing down those other two.

ebozzz
04-27-2012, 05:13 PM
alot of denvers hope will predicate upon them being able to disturb bynum and gasol down low.if they can stay close with rebounding and keep bynum from destroying them down low,theres a real good chance.

kobe is going to shoot 25 times a game if denver can cripple what the lakers want to do down low.id let him get his and concentrate on slowing down those other two.

I agree and they have done a pretty good job of that in their matchups this season for the most part. Bynum has been problems at times with his strength and size. We have three 7-footers to throw at their front court now. Plus, Non-World Peace is out. Check the highlights of the head to head matchups...

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2012/westseries3/index.html?ls=st

ebozzz
04-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Let's go Nuggets!

PHINATIC13
04-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Could the Nuggs make it out of the first round this year? Metta Non-World Peace is out. He has been solid on Gallinari in the past. Who will assume his role?

...actually I think you guys would be better off if Metta was playing...Ebanks is more faster and more athletic than Ron-Ron...and Denver likes to run...

ebozzz
04-30-2012, 06:40 AM
...actually I think you guys would be better off if Metta was playing...Ebanks is more faster and more athletic than Ron-Ron...and Denver likes to run...

Good point and I saw some of that this first game. We didn't really get into our game for whatever reason. The Lakers had something to do with that. Bynum was huge. His shot blocking was a major factor in not allowing Denver to get into a rhythm. If Denver can't run, they are done.

We didn't really get much out of Afflalo & Lawson. Neither of our centers helped us. Karl has his work cut out for him trying to get this turned around....

PhinzN703
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't see Denver winning more than 1 game in this series unfortunately

dreday
04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
have sum faith.steal game 2 and take em back to d-town!

PHINATIC13
04-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Good point and I saw some of that this first game. We didn't really get into our game for whatever reason. The Lakers had something to do with that. Bynum was huge. His shot blocking was a major factor in not allowing Denver to get into a rhythm. If Denver can't run, they are done.

We didn't really get much out of Afflalo & Lawson. Neither of our centers helped us. Karl has his work cut out for him trying to get this turned around....

...you can't take too much from game 1....each playoff game will be different...I still expect your Nuggets to make real difficult for my Lakers...i.e....good series...Lakers controlled tempo in game 1...Karl has to figure out how to speed the game up.....although that's easier said then done....always liked George as a coach from his days back in Seattle....

ebozzz
05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Much better effort from the Nuggs last night but they still came up short. There were some questionable calls from the officials but the thing that did them in was too many missed shots/free throws, silly turnovers and falling in love with the jumper instead of attacking the paint..

dreday
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
advantage lakers..denver needs to find some consistency on the low block and rebounding.shooting too many jumpers.they also need to cut down on the turnovers.

COphinphan89
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Couldn't get anyone to go to a game in this series with me so I'll be watching the rest from home. Lose one of these next two and it's all over.

Go Nuggets!

ebozzz
05-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Nice first half for the Nuggs! Now they need one of those impressive 3rd quarters that they have been know to produce to close this one out....

COphinphan89
05-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Looked good tonight. Lawson, Faried, and McGee were money.

ebozzz
05-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Can we do it? Can we even the series and give ourselves a chance to take the lead in game 5? :up:

Ilovemyfins4eva
05-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Can we do it? Can we even the series and give ourselves a chance to take the lead in game 5? :up:
i think denvers got a decent chance tonight to even things up. the question is, can they steal 1 on the road, something they will have to do in order to win this series.

ebozzz
05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
i think denvers got a decent chance tonight to even things up. the question is, can they steal 1 on the road, something they will have to do in order to win this series.

That is a good question. One thing for sure is that I don't think that they have any chance at all of coming from behind if they go down 3 - 1. They need this one tonight and then they need to scheme up something for the game back in L.A. so that they can keep the tempo fast....

Ilovemyfins4eva
05-06-2012, 10:59 PM
That is a good question. One thing for sure is that I don't think that they have any chance at all of coming from behind if they go down 3 - 1. They need this one tonight and then they need to scheme up something for the game back in L.A. so that they can keep the tempo fast....
looking very solid so far. i think denver will win this game tonight. the problem is that they have looked like garbage for the most part in los angeles, so in order to win this series, they will need to steal 1 from the lakers in los angeles.

at the very least, the nuggets are making it an interesting series and not a snooze fest. even if they took it to 7 games, that would put all the pressure on the lakers. will see. first things first, win tonight.

ebozzz
05-06-2012, 11:10 PM
looking very solid so far. i think denver will win this game tonight. the problem is that they have looked like garbage for the most part in los angeles, so in order to win this series, they will need to steal 1 from the lakers in los angeles.

at the very least, the nuggets are making it an interesting series and not a snooze fest. even if they took it to 7 games, that would put all the pressure on the lakers. will see. first things first, win tonight.

Yeah, that first game was ugly! During the second they found a little something managed to make a game out of it. It was still a loss but I think it gave them some confidence for the return trip home. While I don't thin k that it's likely to happen, it would be great if they pulled away in the second half. It would give them even more confidence and maybe even create some doubt in the heads of the Lakers. They've played the Lakers tough this season. The talent is there for them win one in L.A. They just have to play their game....

COphinphan89
05-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Hell of a game tonight. McGee is growing up right in front of everyone. Awesome win. Just bought tickets to Game 6.

GO NUGGETS!!

dreday
05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
:lol: the lakers got destroyed by javale ****ing mcGee..

dreday
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Hell of a game tonight. McGee is growing up right in front of everyone. Awesome win. Just bought tickets to Game 6.

GO NUGGETS!!

if the nuggets play their cards right and make the proper adjustments to the roster they are going to have very good team for a long time.

ebozzz
05-09-2012, 11:55 AM
:lol: the lakers got destroyed by javale ****ing mcGee..

Give Dre some credit now...... :D

ebozzz
05-09-2012, 12:01 PM
if the nuggets play their cards right and make the proper adjustments to the roster they are going to have very good team for a long time.

I like our team. Yes, no star power but they are a bunch of guys who play hard without selfishness. I'll take that.

Looking forward, I don't think Bird and Al Harrington are going to be back next season. I would like for them to retain Dre but he made some statements earlier during the season that he wanted to be a starter. With the way Karl selects his lineups, I really don't think that it matters. As it stands Dre usually gets about the same amount of playing time as Lawson.

dreday
05-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Give Dre some credit now...... :D

andre miller is top 15 PG of all time..:d-day:

i'm just glad to see denver fighting back. they looked like they didn't even wanna suit up in game 1.

p.s

jordan would have hit that shot.:chuckle:

dreday
05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I like our team. Yes, no star power but they are a bunch of guys who play hard without selfishness. I'll take that.

Looking forward, I don't think Bird and Al Harrington are going to be back next season. I would like for them to retain Dre but he made some statements earlier during the season that he wanted to be a starter. With the way Karl selects his lineups, I really don't think that it matters. As it stands Dre usually gets about the same amount of playing time as Lawson.

sounds like another team i know haha.

ebozzz
05-09-2012, 03:41 PM
sounds like another team i know haha.

Who, the Spurs? You guys have stars. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili.....They are not as glorious as they once were but still stars IMO. Man, I thought the Spurs were going to be on the decline because they had built a roster that was kind of, well, old. I was wrong....

dreday
05-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Who, the Spurs? You guys have stars. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili.....They are not as glorious as they once were but still stars IMO. Man, I thought the Spurs were going to be on the decline because they had built a roster that was kind of, well, old. I was wrong....

tell you what ebozzz,ill just be straight with you,at the beginning of the season i thought the same.wasnt sure what to expect.the acquistion of the rook kawhi leonard,captain jack returning,danny green,and boris diaw,was what the doctor ordered.

helps to have pop as a coach,hell who would ever think the spurs would be this deep..

PHINATIC13
05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Lakers choked in game 5....played with no sense of urgency...let's see how game 6 goes in Denver...

ebozzz
05-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Lakers choked in game 5....played with no snse of urgncy...let's see how game 6 goes in Denver...

Close out games are easy....:D

dreday
05-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Close out games are easy....:D

haha bynum is an idiot!

hooshoops
05-10-2012, 11:02 PM
it doesn't matter what happens here cause ok city will run the lakers out of the gym...better get some oxygen tanks for that next round...ha ha...if you get there

dreday
05-11-2012, 01:13 AM
just saw kareem at the gas station.he says he will be playing in game 7....

Ferretsquig
05-11-2012, 04:39 AM
They play one of the best post players of our generation 20 ft from the basket while hes being guarded by a 6'6 rookie......

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 09:18 AM
They play one of the best post players of our generation 20 ft from the basket while hes being guarded by a 6'6 rookie......

He's not really playing like a rookie though, is he? :D

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 09:22 AM
it doesn't matter what happens here cause ok city will run the lakers out of the gym...better get some oxygen tanks for that next round...ha ha...if you get there

The Nuggs and the Thunder are very similar teams as far as their style of play. The big difference is that your shooters tend to be more consistent than Denver's.

nyjunc
05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
why is Game 7 on at 10:30PM on a Saturday Night? How ridiculous is that?

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
All I can say is this. There is still a lot of work to be done. The challenge of beating LA at the Staples Center in Game 7 is HUGE. I want the win, no doubt but regardless of the outcome I am proud of my Nuggets. :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

why is Game 7 on at 10:30PM on a Saturday Night? How ridiculous is that?

7:30 start time in LA. The whole series has been catered toward their time zone....

nyjunc
05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
All I can say is this. There is still a lot of work to be done. The challenge of beating LA at the Staples Center in Game 7 is HUGE. I want the win, no doubt but regardless of the outcome I am proud of my Nuggets. :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

7:30 start time in LA. The whole series has been catered toward their time zone....

That's why the game isn't as popular as it once was. a Game 7 in any round should start at a time that is good for everyone in the Country. 10:30 on a Sat night buries it and insures virtually no one on the EC will be watching.

hooshoops
05-11-2012, 09:39 AM

who exactly are you referring to??? i sure hope its not pau gasol with that one of the greatest post players of our generation stuff

hooshoops
05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
The Nuggs and the Thunder are very similar teams as far as their style of play. The big difference is that your shooters tend to be more consistent than Denver's.

i wasn't talkin about the nuggets...anyways i'm a celtics fan...ty lawson can run the floor and the up tempo o with any pg in the league...

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 10:30 AM
i wasn't talkin about the nuggets...anyways i'm a celtics fan...ty lawson can run the floor and the up tempo o with any pg in the league...

I misunderstood your allegiance. Sorry about that. Also, I never thought that your comments were directed at the Nuggets. I was basically agreeing with your assessment. If the Lakers do make it out of this series, they will definitely have a hard row to hoe with OKC! Tough team....

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 10:33 AM
who exactly are you referring to??? i sure hope its not pau gasol with that one of the greatest post players of our generation stuff

LOL! I think that I remember Kobe saying that Gasol was a little too much White Swan and he needed him to be a little more Black Swan. Before anyone misunderstands that, I think what Kobe meant was the mindset or attitude that he needed from Gasol.....

hooshoops
05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
LOL! I think that I remember Kobe saying that Gasol was a little too much White Swan and he needed him to be a little more Black Swan. Before anyone misunderstands that, I think what Kobe meant was the mindset or attitude that he needed from Gasol.....

so what's chris bosh excuse??? that cats pillow soft and thinks he's a player...way way overrated

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 12:20 PM
so what's chris bosh excuse??? that cats pillow soft and thinks he's a player...way way overrated

:D Might be the same issue......

Ferretsquig
05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
He's not really playing like a rookie though, is he? :D

No doubt hes playing great but it still should be the biggest mismatch on the floor. I get the Lakers want that high/low action with Gasol and Bynum but it just makes no sense to me why you don't get the ball to Gasol in the post more often. Its not like Faried can deny him position or challenge his shot in any way.

In any case I hope they pull out the win in LA. Denver/OKC would be a great series.

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
No doubt hes playing great but it still should be the biggest mismatch on the floor. I get the Lakers want that high/low action with Gasol and Bynum but it just makes no sense to me why you don't get the ball to Gasol in the post more often. Its not like Faried can deny him position or challenge his shot in any way.

In any case I hope they pull out the win in LA. Denver/OKC would be a great series.

Denver doesn't have anyone of the caliber of a Kobe, Bynum or Gasol. What they have decided to do is focus a lot of attention on Drew and Pau while doing their best to not let Kobe take over the game. They have been double and triple teaming the LA bigs which, IMO, has been the cause of their lack of production in a lot of the games. One thing though, Faried may not have the size of Gasol but he is a very pesky player. Combine that with the help he gets when LA attempts isolate on him down low and you get some frustrated big men. It kind of showed in one of the games when Bynum got the tech for shoving Kenneth. If LA is to get out of this series, they have got to figure out how to deal with the attention that Denver is putting on their front court....

EDIT: I do hope that Denver wins the series but I am not looking forward to being matched up against OKC at all for reasons that I have mentioned previously. They are like looking in a mirror for Denver but with much better shooters....

Ferretsquig
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Its not like they have to focus all that much on Gasol.....hes rarely involved in the offense. Most of the time with the starting unit hes reduced to being a set shooter. Some blogger counted it out in game 5 where they initially ran the offense through him 4 times the entire game.....none of those times in the low block. Just seems like a horrible under utilization to me.

ebozzz
05-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Its not like they have to focus all that much on Gasol.....hes rarely involved in the offense. Most of the time with the starting unit hes reduced to being a set shooter. Some blogger counted it out in game 5 where they initially ran the offense through him 4 times the entire game.....none of those times in the low block. Just seems like a horrible under utilization to me.

Good point! He is still getting doubled & tripled when he gets his touches though. That's especially true if he is on the court when Bynum sits. He has got to show that he can over come the added attention. They shouldn't stop going to him him IMO. When he gets his chances he has to make the most of them. Thus far he hasn't. I for one, am glad that he hasn't! :D

COphinphan89
05-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I still don't have a voice thanks to game 6. That place was rocking. Pumped for tonight

Go Nuggets!

CedarPhin
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Denver's too fast for LA.

ebozzz
05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Denver's too fast for LA.

Let's hope that remains true tonight!

ebozzz
05-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Nice while it lasted....

dreday
05-13-2012, 02:17 AM
shout out to denver.................. great series.