PDA

View Full Version : Don Banks 2nd round mock.

fishfanmiami
04-27-2012, 02:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/27/2012.nfl.draft.second.round.mock/index.html?xid=si_topstories

Has us taking Alshon Jeffery a reciever. Comments ?

ChambersWI
04-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I could live with it if Jeffery keeps himself in shape.

DcRy82
04-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I think Jeffery is a similar type of prospect as Coples. If he plays to his ability, he could be great. I think I'd prefer Randle if he's there, but I like Alshon's size and ability in the red zone.

datruth55
04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Guess he's not much of a fan of Andre Branch, lol. Him and hoops must have had a talk...but I don't see how Branch makes it through the round without being drafted unless their is something the rest of us don't know.

As for our pick...I see pass rusher as a bigger need and I'm not high on Alshon Jeffery. I don't trust that kid to maintain discipline and work hard at his craft. Plus I didn't see the ability to separate. I'm not buying the Brian Quick hype either. That would be awful high for a FCS kid who's never faced elite comp and is pretty raw. He didn't even dominate the people he faced at App. State.

hooshoops
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
you like branch truth??? alshon jeffery...yeah that will bother me...i want a cleaner prospect

phintim
04-27-2012, 02:23 PM
You take the highest ranked player avaialble or trade down grad a extra pick or 2 and grab your need player in a later round and a backup to that need selection with that extra pick you picked up. Thats how the draft winners do it. I like Ireland but he tends to run scared in the draft IMO and you need a bit of a gamblers mentality and hedge your bets.

datruth55
04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
you like branch truth??? alshon jeffery...yeah that will bother me...i want a cleaner prospect
I don't like him but I don't see everyone passing on him.

j-off-her-doll
04-27-2012, 02:32 PM

Yeah, that's how I feel. I mean, if you're going to roll the dice, go for it. Give me Jenkins.

MercMan
04-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Please No. If we must go WR with pick #2 there are better options.

EFWilson
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Think the fish need a RT a little more, but picking the WR Randle wouldnt hurt my feelings. I would like to see a RG with one of the two 3rd round picks. Other than LT and C the fish O-line is very bad. Much worst than the D-line.

Austin Tatious
04-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't like Branch. He seems stiff, upright, and straight line to me. I've been worried we are going to get Branch. I do like Curry but the Jax projection ahead of us makes sense.

I tell you what, I'm intrigued by Silatolu. If he is a movement guy, even at 320 lbs, I'd be interested. We need an athletic asset on the OL.

Watch out for Trumaine Johnson too. I have him on my short list at 42.

I'd wait on the 3rd round for a receiver. I like Marvin Jones for the WCO.