PDA

View Full Version : Miami must trade down or out of the 2nd round...

fisi
04-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Given the fact that Miami has been very unsuccessful at picking good players in the 2nd round of the nfl draft, the right thing to do would be to trade out or trade down for more picks.
Am sure Chad Henne and Philips Merling are still fresh on our minds, don't forget the two rounders that were penalties for Marshall trade.
Personally, i think Miami should draft a DE or WRs but I think its better if they could trade this years 2nd rder for next year's 1st. amen!

BoulderFinFan
04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
I am hoping the curse of #13 is over. Hopefully the curse of the 2nd round will be 2

SammySmif
04-27-2012, 03:27 PM
What if Hill falls to us? If we pass on that guy I will weep.

ravens will probably grab him though.

Poseidon
04-27-2012, 03:28 PM
I doubt we there is a team to give us a next years first for our second.
But with your argumentation we could skip the whole nfl, because we haven't been succesfull for years...

datruth55
04-27-2012, 03:31 PM
What if Hill falls to us? If we pass on that guy I will weep.

ravens will probably grab him though.
Why would the Ravens grab Hill when they already have a deep threat and the same exact player in Torrey Smith?

I think it's Upshaw or Konz for the Ravens...unless they trade down which is what I'm hearing.

natetherock
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure if your entirely serious but according to this logic we should trade our 2nd round picks for the rest of time based on our past failures.

I don't think we will have too many offers for 2013 1st rounders for #42 overall but it would be an interesting option.

SammySmif
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Why would the Ravens grab Hill when they already have a deep threat and the same exact player in Torrey Smith?

I think it's Upshaw or Konz for the Ravens...unless they trade down which is what I'm hearing.

I work with a hardcore Ravens freak who says they may take him. I asked the same question though.

If we get Hill at 2...oh man. I will really be happy. GA Tech receivers can run block so well and the pedigree is there as well.

Geforce
04-27-2012, 04:01 PM

One reason why the Ravens could take Hill is because you can never ever have too much speed. Especially when your team doesn't have very much of it to begin with.

Tunaphish429
04-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Hill is 6 foot 4 and has elite speed..He is a potential number one guy.

Mattyb
04-27-2012, 04:30 PM
please be trolling

Geforce
04-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Hill is 6 foot 4 and has elite speed..He is a potential number one guy.

If and when he learns the subtleties of route running. He can get by with his physical gifts the way Calvin Johnson did his first season or two but after that...

DudeleBroski
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't think the OP realizes how much talent is still on the board.

MiamiMuss
04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't think the OP realizes how much talent is still on the board.

I would say that some of the better players have falling to the 2nd round.

MiamiDolphin618
04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
If and when he learns the subtleties of route running. He can get by with his physical gifts the way Calvin Johnson did his first season or two but after that...
I think his route running is much better than what people think. Just because he wasnt asked to run those routes at GT doesnt mean he cannot run them. He looked pretty fluid and crisp at the combine.

finomenal
04-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I doubt we there is a team to give us a next years first for our second.
But with your argumentation we could skip the whole nfl, because we haven't been succesfull for years...
The idea that we should trade out of the 2nd just because it's been unsuccessful sounds ridiculous to me; however, I believe it's a good move because it's good for the long term health of the franchise. I could see a mediocre team like the Seahawks or Chiefs giving up a first next year to get an impact guy like Fleener for example. It's a copycat league. Everyone saw what Brady did with two stud TEs.