PDA

View Full Version : Possible Later round Gem at WR WATCH THIS!!!

phinsfan84
04-27-2012, 10:46 PM
The guys name is Devon Wiley and Ive been a huge fan for months. Will be a stud imo in our system he is like a faster more explosive Welker(i know thats ballsy but you get the idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqfXBtF50I
If we get any one of :Givens/marvin/hilton and Wiley later I will officially be on the Jeff Ireland Bandwagon

Your Thoughts?

state06
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
many of us have been high on him for some time now. Agree on the Welker comparison. We are in good shape to get a WR in rd 4 that many of us wanted in rd 3.

SF Dolphin Fan
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Guys a playmaker and we need one at wide receiver. Love to see Miami draft him and then still get McNutt (trade up).

state06
04-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Mcnutt and Wylie may very well be doable without trading up

TheBow305
04-27-2012, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see us get a guy like this, then Jeff Fuller in the 5th. It would give us an eerily similar look to the offense Tannehill played in with A&M last year. Wylie is a similar player to star WR Ryan Swope from A&M and Jeff Fuller was the big red zone target for Tanny this season.

Could be something to think about. I love this draft so far though!!

kvado16
04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Givens. Streeter, or Nick Toon in the 4th should be enough for wide receiver

phinsfan84
04-28-2012, 12:01 AM
I like the idea of a late round fuller addition too. BUt I don't think Wylie is a ryan swoop type. I think bush out the back field will be Ryans swoop only better in every single possible way. I see us having clay and egnew up the seems with a Wylie bess and hartline combo. A pick your poison everyone can do everything type of system

sinPHIN
04-28-2012, 12:05 AM
i want givens or mcnutt in 4th. this guy is a stud tho

phinsfan84
04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
AGreed. GIvens in 4th and wiley in 5th and I would be sooo excited and literally doing cartwheels over this draft!

BoulderFinFan
04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Ive been waiting for welker #2 to come to the dolphins ever since that terrible day we traded him... This guy is ridiculous. Freak talent. And he has a knack for special teams play. Very Impressive

MadDog 88
04-28-2012, 02:19 AM
He does it all. Returner, Gunner and his skills at WR are complete. He would be my favorite of the draft if they get him.

luduporcu
04-28-2012, 03:04 AM
You are all making valid observations i/m/o. But I have another idea, and it involves L BROWN, and "smokescreens", and all that stuff!!

Have any of you looked at BROWN's "measureables"? He's 6'4", weighs 238, had decent reps at the 225 lb weights, and had very good "drills" and a 4.43 "40", even w/a lingering ankle sprain. He's intelligent, focused, and w/o "baggage". Everybody's saying TE. I say that he's a slightly bigger, definitely faster B MARSHALL. Today, MIAMI drafted a "seams" TE who's a good one, i/m/o. That makes 2 "seams" TEs (CLAY and EGNEW) and 2 blocking TEs, one of whom i/m/o showed that he can also get open and catch passes in the right system and w/a good QB (FASANO).

So, why groom BROWN as a TE, when he might just as easily develop into the new "Beast"? I'd "double-down" on so-called "projects", if I could get STREETER in the 5th...and I would be willing to move up a little to get him. The 4th Round Pick is reserved for one of GIVENS/McNUTT/WYLIE...any one of them would be great! But I want "big and fast" as well, and to me, that means BROWN as a WR and drafting STREETER.

As to MOORE, WALLACE and PRUITT, they each get the preseason to show development into a legit WR. But it's time for them to "fish or cut bait". If they don't show more than they have so far, they get cut.

clownfish
04-28-2012, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see us get a guy like this, then Jeff Fuller in the 5th. It would give us an eerily similar look to the offense Tannehill played in with A&M last year. Wylie is a similar player to star WR Ryan Swope from A&M and Jeff Fuller was the big red zone target for Tanny this season.

Could be something to think about. I love this draft so far though!!

Didn't A&M WR drop 70 passes from Tannehill last year? Love the hilights of Fuller, but I'm sure he was part of the problem with the drops.