PDA

View Full Version : who has had the best draft so far?

sinPHIN
04-28-2012, 06:04 AM
imo its between st. louis or indy . steelers got alot better up front, and another good backer

wtf moments so far are def seattles first pick, and jax taking a punter in the 3rd

The Confessor
04-28-2012, 06:33 AM
Actually, I think that Saint Louis seriously screwed the pooch taking Brockers that early. But, I do love Quick and Johnson. Which Jenkins shows up is the key to that......anybody else sickened that this kid has 4 kids by 3 different mothers at this age???????

Seattle takes another QB that early after the signing of two FA's the last two years? Maybe Flynn ISN'T what some here thought he was....

Philly absolutely NAILED their first 3 picks...and then picked Foles?

The Gints, considering where they were picking have done pretty damn well!

sinPHIN
04-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Actually, I think that Saint Louis seriously screwed the pooch taking Brockers that early. But, I do love Quick and Johnson. Which Jenkins shows up is the key to that......anybody else sickened that this kid has 4 kids by 3 different mothers at this age???????

Seattle takes another QB that early after the signing of two FA's the last two years? Maybe Flynn ISN'T what some here thought he was....

Philly absolutely NAILED their first 3 picks...and then picked Foles?

The Gints, considering where they were picking have done pretty damn well!
brockers is a player man. i dont think the pick was too high for him. yeah i dont get th foles pick atleast they should have waited for him

The Confessor
04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
brockers is a player man. i dont think the pick was too high for him. yeah i dont get th foles pick atleast they should have waited for him

Well, think about this as well.
The entire offense is predicated around Michael Vick.
Nick Foles is he exact OPPOSITE of Vick. He is a freakin statue!!!!...oh, and not a very good QB on top of that....which I guess he does share with Vick :lol:

Harry_Bagpipe
04-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Indy. Would kill to be able to trade drafts with them

rickd13
04-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Philly and Pittsburgh.

clownfish
04-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Indy. Would kill to be able to trade drafts with them

Meh. No OL or DL for a team that is rebuilding. Luck could get mauled and the D won't be able to stop Mark Snatchez or Tim Teblow. I think Cleveland had a great draft.

j-off-her-doll
04-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Here is the list I posted last night:

Drafts I'm really liking:

Colts - Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton - Very, very nice.
Eagles - Cox, Kendricks, Curry, Foles - I can forgive Foles for the rest of it.
Ravens - Upshaw, Osemele, Pierce - Very solid.
Jets - Coples, Hill, Davis - Like all the value on all of 'em.
Packers - Perry, Worthy, Hayward - Curious to see how they use Worthy, but like the value on each.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?319492-Strong-Moderate-Weak-(1st-Round-Grades)/page2

kosta
04-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Gotta like what St. Louis has done.

2413fanphins
04-28-2012, 08:49 AM
I'd say eagles or packers as well...

although, I am pleased with how our draft has gone as well. been awhile since I was happy with our draft. hope the trend continues on day three.

Gonzo
04-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Indy. By far. Got their QB and then loaded him up with weapons. Pretty frustrating to watch after seeing them dive last year.

QB - Luck
WR - Wayne
WR - Collie
WR - Hilton
WR - Avery
TE1 - Fleener
TE2 - Allen
RB - Brown
RB - Carter

That's how you start rebuilding.

JCane
04-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Indianapolis.

Hands down.

Not only did I want every single player they have, I also wanted the guy that's taking all of them as our GM before he got that job in Indianapolis....Ryan Grigson.

Smart dude.

"Noooo don't Suck for Luck! We need those six wins against...hell I can't even remember who we beat now."

j-off-her-doll
04-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Indianapolis.

Hands down.

Not only did I want every single player they have, I also wanted the guy that's taking all of them as our GM before he got that job in Indianapolis....Ryan Grigson.

Smart dude.

"Noooo don't Suck for Luck! We need those six wins against...hell I can't even remember who we beat now."

Have to say that he comes off as a complete dope, but that draft has been $$$.

dolfan91
04-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Eagles have done absolutely Fantastic!! and I love Pittsburgh's draft too.

j-off-her-doll
04-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Just looking at how they'er putting that team together, Luck will have a much better team around him in two or three years than Manning ever had.

dolfan91
04-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Just looking at how they'er putting that team together, Luck will have a much better team around him in two or three years than Manning ever had.

Indy will start the rebuilding of it's defense in the latter part of this draft in F/A in 2013 and the 2013 draft. But after reading those names listed on offense it seems they have some weapons to implement an offense Luck can succeed in early on. Not sure about the condition of Indy's O-Line, that may have to be addressed soon.

Gonzo
04-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Meh. No OL or DL for a team that is rebuilding. Luck could get mauled and the D won't be able to stop Mark Snatchez or Tim Teblow. I think Cleveland had a great draft.
Their OL is fine for now. It was better than ours last year without a Jake Long. I bet they address it where it should be addressed: later rounds.

As for the D, rebuilding is a multiyear thing. They started with solidifying the side they needed the most work on. Hell, stats-wise their pass defense was better than ours, though that could be because teams no longer needed to pass on them because their offense couldn't do ****.

JCane
04-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Have to say that he comes off as a complete dope, but that draft has been $$$.

Who? Grigson? Or Luck?

I've always thought Andrew Luck seemed socially awkward.

Even when he was being recruited he was a bit strange.

fish_fan
04-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Honorable mention to the Eagles but the Colts are really looking nice. Their D will stink this year but if they can get some O-Line help they are setting themselves up to be mean on offense for a decade. Let Luck and his new toys jell this year, go all out D in next year's draft and the Colts will be in the playoffs again.

dr.jake
04-28-2012, 09:12 AM
i'd say carolina / green bay / pitt. had the best drafts so far.

Dolphin39
04-28-2012, 09:12 AM
I like the Philadelphia Eagles draft the best!

j-off-her-doll
04-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Who? Grigson? Or Luck?

I've always thought Andrew Luck seemed socially awkward.

Even when he was being recruited he was a bit strange.

Well, both now that you mention it, but I was talking about Grigson.

ChambersWI
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
see on one hand I like what the Colts have done, but for a team switching to a 3-4 they missed on some good picks.

The Pats had a very good draft minus Tavon Wilson.

I actually think the Bengals have had the best draft.

dr.jake
04-28-2012, 09:49 AM
i can't respect at all what the colts have done after watching them swallow all their dignity and just lay down this year. 9 straight playoff years and then suddenly OOPS! gimme a break. they took a dive for luck and i hope karma comes back and bites them in the ass.

Phins28
04-28-2012, 09:49 AM

Parcells is that you, a team that's rebuilding needs to add playmakers first and then you get those stinking lineman.

Whitedolphin54
04-28-2012, 10:01 AM
I think the 3 picks that Pitt had were solid, the Bengals did well to get Still when they did, but worringly for me was the Pats. I had all 4 of their guys on my board, although I had Wilson down as a 6th rounder. Their defense is going to be tough to play against next year.

JCane
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
see on one hand I like what the Colts have done, but for a team switching to a 3-4 they missed on some good picks.

I think right now it's all about turning that offense around.

Fleener and Allen. Good grief that's gold.

Valandui
04-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Browns have been pretty solid this year.

j-off-her-doll
04-28-2012, 10:20 AM

I don't like the Bengals or the Patriots drafts. I detailed it yesterday, but when I look at the players they passed up, I just can't be happy. The Sanu pick, though, was great.

J. David Wannyheimer
04-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Indy for sure. They need help desperately on both sides of the ball, but they are doing the right move and giving Luck some weapons first. I don't think they're going to win a lot of games with that defense, but Luck's also not going to be a broken shell of a man halfway through the season.

kvado16
04-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I say us

ChambersWI
04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
I think right now it's all about turning that offense around.

Fleener and Allen. Good grief that's gold.

maybe I'm just weary based on what I've seen from Arians in Pittsburgh

dr.jake
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
panthers had just 2 picks but found ilb kuechly and og silatolu. both solid prospects and starters day one. well done.