PDA

View Full Version : My day 3 guarantee: we'll take a good pulling guard

Trifecta Nation
04-28-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't start too many threads but I feel strongly that today Ireland will go after another starter for the OL but on the interior this time. So people, give me some names of guards who have athleticism that we could look at in the 4th-7th rounds. I'm not too into guard play but with Philbin saying we're going athletic on the OL we will probably take one, So offer up some names for discussion who fit the bill.

MiamiNative0722
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I agree but I would be surprised if its in the 4th round. We definitely need a RG but receiver is a bigger issue right now. Who knows they might go best player available

garbagemouth
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Zebrie Sanders if he can move inside or possibly James Brown may be nice at guard. Anyone else have more knowledge of the guard position needs for a zone blocking scheme?

LikeUntoGod
04-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Zebrie Sanders if he can move inside or possibly James Brown may be nice at guard. Anyone else have more knowledge of the guard position needs for a zone blocking scheme?

Those two are on my board.

Hate to say it but I can see a day coming when Jake Long simply cost too much. He is one of the last of the 'big money" 1st round rookies. J Martin will be making a 1/5th of what he is making. Taking Zebrie Sanders to play at RT and moving J Martin to LT could happen in 2 years.

rick32883
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I don't start too many threads but I feel strongly that today Ireland will go after another starter for the OL but on the interior this time. So people, give me some names of guards who have athleticism that we could look at in the 4th-7th rounds. I'm not too into guard play but with Philbin saying we're going athletic on the OL we will probably take one, So offer up some names for discussion who fit the bill.

Mark my words .. WR .. Kiper an McShay have already admitted the draft is deep at WR and still plenty there .. WR(103) CB(145) then OG(183) RB(196) WR(215) .. no science to it .. just guesses

Danny
04-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Doubt they take Sanders at 320lbs does not fit what they want to do.James Brown at 303lbs would probably be more like it....hard to tell what they're going to do at this point but hard to see yet another lineman. I beliebe they're going WR or corner at 103

Ozzy rules!!

TedSlimmJr
04-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Derek Dennis is one of the top 3 pulling left guards that I seen in all of college football last year.... just behind David DeCastro and Chance Warmack.

He's the reason Bernard Pierce was so productive when Temple runs power.

Morey161
04-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Brandon Washington would be a great OG

kvado16
04-28-2012, 01:13 PM

Isnt Brandon Brooks still around?

Trifecta Nation
04-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Never mind. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and can anyone tell me why this gets moved in the draft forum and doesn't stay on the main board when all ANYONE is talking about is the draft on draft weekend? Doesn't make too much sense to me, but whatever.

Wildbill3
04-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Never mind. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and can anyone tell me why this gets moved in the draft forum and doesn't stay on the main board when all ANYONE is talking about is the draft on draft weekend? Doesn't make too much sense to me, but whatever.
no idea. seems like draft talk, draft talk seems likely to belong in the draft forum.

Austin Tatious
04-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Derek Dennis is one of the top 3 pulling left guards that I seen in all of college football last year.... just behind David DeCastro and Chance Warmack.

He's the reason Bernard Pierce was so productive when Temple runs power.

Good news since Miami reportedly signed Dennis as an undrafted free agent. Maybe he will beat out that soft, dumb, lazy, fat slob John Jerry who is the perfect prototype of what was phenomenally stupid about that utter moron who used to masquerade as an NFL head coach and is now going to take down the Jets.

Finlawyer
04-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Good news since Miami reportedly signed Dennis as an undrafted free agent. Maybe he will beat out that soft, dumb, lazy, fat slob John Jerry who is the perfect prototype of what was phenomenally stupid about that utter moron who used to masquerade as an NFL head coach and is now going to take down the Jets.

You know Ireland thought Sparano was dumb as a stump.

JerryD
04-29-2012, 02:44 AM

Can I safely assume ... you didn't buy a John Jerry jersey? :rimshot: