PDA

View Full Version : miller?

finsizzel
04-28-2012, 12:11 PM
why? this makes no sense to me.

EmperorPhin
04-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Ross has lost his mind. Drafting for ticket sales no doubt. Lets draft every guy off a 500 acc team.

jonanthans
04-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Seriously? WTF.....

This makes no sense...We already have Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas... We need WR help.....:confused:

twix2500
04-28-2012, 12:15 PM
YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D:hclap:

jonanthans
04-28-2012, 12:15 PM
At a position that we are already strong at....unreal...

jonanthans
04-28-2012, 12:16 PM
With a history of knee and shoulder issues...

kvado16
04-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Not needed but this is still a sick pick. About time we get some U players in the draft. I'm starting to slowly gain respect for Ireland based on this draft. These are all impact players we have drafted so far and all value picks with the exception of Vernon. Bravo Ireland, Bravo.

1CoolFin
04-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Looks like a special teams pick (PR/KR)??? Don't understand why we traded up for him???

dr.jake
here we go again. boggles my mind.

twix2500
AWESOME PICK, he has the talent to be the best running back in this draft and become a pro bowler. He fits the Westcoast offense very well. Excellent receiver out of the backfield, can be Ricky Waters type.

jonanthans
04-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Didnt hear what we gave up to move up 5 spots to draft a player we didnt need.

anyone know?

TedSlimmJr
04-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Ireland seems to have a fetish for trading up for RB's with ball security issues. Except this one also comes with medical red flags.

Again, I think Ireland missed out on a better back if he was going to draft one just like he did when he took Daniel Thomas over DeMarco Murray.

If I were going to draft a runningback here it would've been Robert Turbin.

jonanthans
04-28-2012, 12:21 PM
AWESOME PICK, he has the talent to be the best running back in this draft and become a pro bowler. He fits the Westcoast offense very well. Excellent receiver out of the backfield, can be Ricky Waters type.

We already have that in Reggie Bush. We need WR help. And it cost us picks to move up...

elite14eva
a 6th rd pick this year & next year

twix2500
Once Chris Givens was drafted, there were no big time scoring threats left. Taking Miller who has the talent to be a pro bowler and fits the scheme better than the running back we have, and could be a starter sooner than we can expect. Awesome PICK just like Demarco Murray was for the Cowboys.

WelcomeBack
04-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Seriously? WTF.....

This makes no sense...We already have Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas... We need WR help.....:confused:

Reggie Bush is in a contract year.

You win with touchdowns. Lamar Miller homerun threat

dr.jake
04-28-2012, 12:24 PM
well the trade up for daniel thomas worked out so well....

kvado16
04-28-2012, 12:28 PM
So what, we're making better picks than the majority of teams this year. Look at the 49ers they drafted Lamichael James even though they have Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter (Who they took in the 3rd last year), and they have Jacobs. So clearly this wasnt as bad of a pick as many of you think, beside this is a first round talent who fell to the 4th thats great value.

gardena19
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Reggie Bush is in a contract year.

You win with touchdowns. Lamar Miller homerun threat

Exactly...Bush won't be resigned...we are building for the future....yes we need a receiver but we also have to see what we have in Gates....I love this pick....dude is a perfect complementary back for Thomas...

dr.jake
04-28-2012, 12:36 PM
we trade two second rounders for marshall (probowl season) who we then parlay into te egnew and a third rounder next year. brilliant.
meanwhile no new wr to help fill his shoes. perhaps had we selected sanu....

slosh13
04-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Trent differ,mcshay and kiper raved about the pick and thought that this is a sign that Mia bringing a oregon ducks offense to the NFL!

kvado16
04-28-2012, 12:39 PM
This was suppose to be a first rounder! Doesnt matter if he was on a 6-6 canes team, its no coincidence he ran over top defenses like Ohio State and Virginia Tech. God so many ****ing haters on this forum

finsfanjay13
04-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Remember: Reggie Bush only has one year left on his deal. This is a "for the future" pick.

2413fanphins
04-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Remember: Reggie Bush only has one year left on his deal. This is a "for the future" pick.

Ill be damn, somebody with common sense. This is a great fourth round pick!

TedSlimmJr
04-28-2012, 12:55 PM

All draft picks are for the future. The issue is that Miller wasn't even the best RB available. The better back went 7 picks later.

2413fanphins
04-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Lamar miller in the fourth and ppl bitch and moan. Only on finheaven.
I like the reggie bush argument. When we got him we were dumb, than he does well and suddenly we are set at runningback?
This was a good pick. Great value, got him at least two rounds later than hes worth.

JerryD
Lamar Miller will probably need a long time to heal up (he fell because of injuries) .... & Reggie's only signed for 1 year.

Thomas has that Bust-a-roo smell coming off of him (Lamar pick made it stronger) .... that Thomas needs to shake & prove he's a starter!!

2013 RB Starter unknown!! ... have another candidate!!

phinscanes1
Anybody that is whining about this pick hasn't watched the Hurricanes this year. Look at the Canes biggest games this year:
OSU - 184
KState - 106, TD
VT - 166, TD
GT - 93, TD
FSU - 92
BC - 114, TD

Those numbers don't happen by accident. There aren't any issues with his knees. His shoulder will be healed. As McShay said "The most explosive RB in the draft". Are you kdding me? No brainer. This will also give us peace if Bush walk next year. Love the fact people say he avoids contact, good, I want my running back to last for a few years. Peyton Hillis is already falling apart. Plus, you have to catch him. Ran the fastest 40 in the draft at 4.38. My favorite pick of the draft by FAR!

j-off-her-doll
04-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Looks like a good fit as runner in a ZBS. To my eyes, anyway.

mfish41
04-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Trent differ,mcshay and kiper raved about the pick and thought that this is a sign that Mia bringing a oregon ducks offense to the NFL!

That'd be wild, if they sign/draft darron thomas late in the draft i'm going to remember this post.

2413fanphins
04-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Looks like a good fit as runner in a ZBS. To my eyes, anyway.

That Makes two of us

Tiko377
04-28-2012, 01:06 PM
bush usually gets hurt and Thomas showed last year he can't be healthy.

miller will be on special teams and also will spell bush

Morey161
04-28-2012, 01:06 PM
All draft picks are for the future. The issue is that Miller wasn't even the best RB available. The better back went 7 picks later.

Lamar Miller will be the 2nd or 3rd best RB in this draft class when it's all said and done

finsfanjay13
04-28-2012, 01:09 PM

Not necessarily defending, Ted. Just saying that I think it was meant to be Reggie's replacement for next year (hence the "for the future" part). I would have preferred a WR myself.

TedSlimmJr
04-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Lamar Miller will be the 2nd or 3rd best RB in this draft class when it's all said and done

Disagree.

TedSlimmJr
04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Miller is more of a slower version of what Jerris McPhail was coming out of ECU. A poor man's Trung Canidate.

I think what helps Miller is that he won't ever be relied on to be a featured back. If he's part of RB by Committee approach he can have a role there, and double as a kick returner.

This is not a 1st round back that Miami got in the 4th round. I've never subscribed to that. He's a mid-round back that Miami got in the mid-rounds.

twix2500
04-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Its about Miller talent, he has elite talent. And we got him at a steal for a 4th round pick. Lamar Miller gives us pro bowl talent, even thou we have good players at his postion already. Miller and Thomas has the potential to give us a great one two punch for years to come.

Gsmack_42
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Should of just saved the 6th round pick and use it on Chris Polk if we want a RB with knee issues.

TedSlimmJr
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Its about Miller talent, he has elite talent. And we got him at a steal for a 4th round pick. Lamar Miller gives us pro bowl talent, even thou we have good players at his postion already. Miller and Thomas has the potential to give us a great one two punch for years to come.

No, it's not about his talent. You're trying to pass off speed for talent.

Explain what it is that he does well besides run fast in a straight line. This draft and every other is full of players that have that ability.

He avoids contact, doesn't run hard between the tackles, doesn't get the yardage after contact that elite RB's get, doesn't have great vision, has ball security issues, durability issues, medical red flags, ineffective in pass protection. Doesn't press the hole initially to suck LB's inside before bouncing it outside. Hasn't produced in the passing game as a receiver out of the backfield.

What he does well is accelerate to stop speed quickly, and has very good straightline speed.

The bottom line is that he's a one-dimensional back who lacks toughness and vision as a runner, and has medical red flags.

ticophin
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
He was the 2nd rated RB on many, many boards and even projected to go on the 1st rd...I like it, especially after the J.Martin signing
We won´t have many star WRs, but we WILL have multiple pass-catching weapons on this new offense!

DolphinFan87
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
He won't make an impact this year. But Thomas/Miller for the thunder/lightning could pay off in 2013. They might just be preparing themselves for when they can't resign Bush or when they don't want him no more.

Digital
04-28-2012, 03:20 PM
I really like the Miller pick. Remember, Bush gets hurt every year and he doesn't get a huge number of carries to protect his durability. This pick gives us more snaps to have a Bush-like player who is a threat carrying or catching the ball. It also gives us coverage for Bush's injuries as a change of pace from Daniel Thomas.

If Bush isn't resigned then he gives us a replacement. If he can stay healthy he is a steal in my eyes. The risk is the injuries, sure, but you don't get safe pick blue-chippers in the 4th. I see this pick as great value and an excellent need fit. Two thumbs up from me.

utahphinsfan
04-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Looks like a special teams pick (PR/KR)??? Don't understand why we traded up for him???

Yeah, phins could have wasted the #8 overall pick on him. Oh, wait...

Funny when you consider what Timid Teddy has been reduced to?

Tigers2003
04-28-2012, 04:28 PM

Could be the most overlooked and underrated RB in draft, if going by when he was picked alone. Bush has been injured throughout this career. Thomas is OK. Yes, I posted it..he is just OK and that is what he will end up being. We need more than OK and in this league depth in the backfield is needed. Look at two of the last three SB champs, Saints and G-men. RB by committee works if you have the right parts. Miller can be part of the equation.

hooshoops
04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
all i know is miller was not on some teams boards due to medical...knees and shoulder concerns

normaldude
04-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Lamar Miller was rated by many as a 2nd rd draft pick. So getting him in the 4th rd is a good deal.

Some even rated him as a late 1st rd draft pick.

=============
Miller has put together enough solid tape to garner a late first-round value and should continue to excite and ascend as he displays his athletic ability throughout the pre-draft process.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/lamar-miller?id=2533034

2413fanphins
04-28-2012, 07:25 PM
for christs sakes, he was a fourth round pick. if he pans out and goes on for success, it will be one the best picks we have had in recent memory. he can contribute in a number of ways.

I can not for the life of me comprehend the pissing and moaning behind this pick.

datruth55
04-28-2012, 07:26 PM
How many 4th round picks are on the team from the last 4 drafts Ireland has been a part of?

dr.jake
04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
How many 4th round picks are on the team from the last 4 drafts Ireland has been a part of?

how many second round ireland picks are on this team?????

edaniel1717
04-28-2012, 11:41 PM
great pick....and i hate UM...

funny how people stress 4th-7th picks...lol

Funky Fin
04-29-2012, 01:00 AM
No, not "miller?"

It's, "MILLER!!!"

[]_[]

RichmondWeb
04-29-2012, 05:05 AM
I wanted LaMicheal James but like all the other top backs (except Miller) he flew off the board earlier than expected.

Think about it: (I have been saying this all along....) Our top offensive weapon is now Reggie Bush. Our offense is going to be designed to take advantage of his skills. So what happens when he needs a rest or, Dog forbid, gets hurt (and he isn't a big guy), are we then supposed to throw out our playbook, bring in Thomas and play Sparano ball? We HAD to have a guy who can back up Reggie: bonus he can play ST/KR, add 2 scat-back personnel packages to the offense (who else does that?), plus be there if Bush leaves. Oh, and he might turn out to be a pretty good back in his own right (see L. McCoy).

He wasn't my first choice, but this was absolutely a need position and Miller was destined for the job. He was an excellent value considering the rising stock of RB's this year and a local guy (favorite?). It is no wonder why the Dolphins did what they did, and gave what they gave, to get Lamar Miller.

Would a team start the year with no backup QB??? No. And now the Dolphins won't start the year without a backup for their offensive MVP (fragile as he is). This was one of the most crucial positions of need in the Dolphins draft when you think about it.

Hallelujah!!!

RW

PS: I hope you are wrong about this guy TedSlimm; maybe he just needs a little coaching and pro-football as a full-time job.

moinfin
04-29-2012, 05:43 AM
This guy has serious potential. Just too much talent to pass. Like the pick a lot