PDA

View Full Version : This is what my draft would have looked like, all these players were there!

phinatic1399
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
This has been a decent draft so far, but I disagree with some of these moves and we had players sitting right in front of us and passed!

1. Ryan Tannehill
2. DE/OLB-Vinny Curry
3. WR-Ruben Randle
3. RT-Bobbie Massie
4. TE-Michael Egnew

Instead we took Martin who is good but is not a natural RT and only did 20 bench-presses at the combine, vernon is not an elite pass rusher, and we still dont have a WR, and we did not need to move up for Miller when we have 4 RB's, bush, thomas, slaton, and messam, I'm just a little confused and dissapointed.

fininpsl
04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
This has been a decent draft so far, but I disagree with some of these moves and we had players sitting right in front of us and passed!

1. Ryan Tannehill
2. DE/OLB-Vinny Curry
3. WR-Ruben Randle
3. RT-Bobbie Massie
4. TE-Michael Egnew

Instead we took Martin who is good but is not a natural RT and only did 20 bench-presses at the combine, vernon is not an elite pass rusher, and we still dont have a WR, and we did not need to move up for Miller when we have 4 RB's, bush, thomas, slaton, and messam, I'm just a little confused and dissapointed.

Ruben Randle wasn't there in the 3rd, and there is absolutely no guarantee Egnew would have been around in the 4th.

bflat
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
I like the way the draft is shaking out better. It would've been nice to add a guy like Streeter in the fifth round but we'll see what happens. Whether they draft a wide receiver in the next two rounds or not, the best wide out on the roster is going to be Reggie Bush. I expect to see him split out wide a lot this year.

edaniel1717
04-28-2012, 11:32 PM
funny how everyone passed on most of these guys...

J Tes
04-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Randle was gone when Miami picked and since when did RB become a position we're set at? Bush had a good, not great season last year and ended the season injured. Bush stayed healthy most of the season but he always has and will be an injury concern. Daniel Thomas was injured a good portion of last seasonso we have no idea what we have in him. Steve Slaton? Really? Remind me again what he's done since his rookie season 4 years ago? Jerome Messam? A 27 year old from the CFL who may help us in short yardage or may end up like most CFL imports and fail (wake is the exception, not the rule)

Miller was great value in round 4. After the first 2, maybe 3 rounds you draft BPA for guys thst fit your system. You don't draft for need. That sets you up failure

J Tes
04-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Sorry. Double post. Phone has a mind of its own

JakeMcAwful
04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
There was a reason why Bobby Massie fell as far as he did. NFL teams didn't think he was athletic enough and too stiff to be a good tackle in the league, or at least one worthy of a high round pick. Considering the Philbin philosophy of athletic, lighter linemen do you honestly think we were ever going to take him? No, Martin fits into our scheme much better. I'm happy with the draft the way our GM orchestrated it.

J Tes
04-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Randle was gone when Miami picked and since when did RB become a position we're set at? Bush had a good, not great season last year and ended the season injured. Bush stayed healthy most of the season but he always has and will be an injury concern. Daniel Thomas was injured a good portion of last seasonso we have no idea what we have in him. Steve Slaton? Really? Remind me again what he's done since his rookie season 4 years ago? Jerome Messam? A 27 year old from the CFL who may help us in short yardage or may end up like most CFL imports and fail (wake is the exception, not the rule)

Miller was great value in round 4. After the first 2, maybe 3 rounds you draft BPA for guys thst fit your system. You don't draft for need. That sets you up failure

cuban_refugee
04-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Obviously our coaches knew all those players were available too, but they thought the players they actually chose are a better fit for our team and the schemes we are implementing.

denverfin
05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm good with the choices as is. I agree that RB was a slight luxury, but given the nature of the position and our shirt term QB situation, we better make sure that the rb spot can push the O in tough moments.

SF Dolphin Fan
05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I liked Curry a lot. I think I would have drafted Martin and then traded up for Curry. It will be interesting to see how Vernon develops. Hopefully he will play so well we won't even be thinking about Curry or other pass rushers that we might have drafted.