PDA

View Full Version : Early look at 5 prospects in the first round I like in 2013

MiamiDolfan85
04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
1.)Eric Reid, FS out of LSU(6'2",208)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/EricReidLSUvMississippiStateDW1frG1vw1xl-1.jpg

2.)Justin Hunter, WR out of Tennessee(6'5",205)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/MCBFB24JPG-1.jpg

3.)Jarvis Jones, OLB out of Georgia(6'2",245)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/slideshow_1002300950_5-1.jpg

4.)David Amerson, CB out of North Carolina St(6'2",193)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/DavidAmerson-1.jpg

5.)Manti Te'o, ILB out of Notre Dame(6'3",255)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/04/teo1-1.jpg

what do you guys think?

WelcomeBack
04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Love Jarvis Jones, wish he would have stayed at USC.

Don't forget Robert Woods.

dolfan91
04-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I've already seen 2 mock drafts from 2013 that have Jarvis Jones pegged to the Dolphins.

TheBow305
04-29-2012, 04:28 PM
LOVE Justin Hunter

MiamiDolfan85
04-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Love Jarvis Jones, wish he would have stayed at USC.

Don't forget Robert Woods.
I try not to peg PAC-10 WR's because they dont play against press, so their route running is under developed....Woods although a good talent, has a lot of things both gonig for him and against him.

PSU Cane
04-29-2012, 10:50 PM
LOVE Justin Hunter

I second that BIG TIME.

datruth55
04-29-2012, 11:26 PM
I think Safety, CB and WR are going to be at the top of the list next year...possibly OLB.

Austin Tatious
04-29-2012, 11:34 PM
I agree with your list, Truth, and would add a movement G. Still some holes to fill. I'd like a couple more pressure players of the angular variety with length. Olivier is only 6'2.

X-Pacolypse
04-30-2012, 12:17 AM
I think linebackers and more pass rushers are going to be the priority in 2013. Something tells me both Dansby and Burnett are on the way out.

JCane
04-30-2012, 12:31 AM
WR needs to be our #1 priority next season assuming we don't deal for someone during the season or address the issue in the offseason.

Few names that I'll toss out there off the top of my head...

Robert Woods
Sammy Watkins
Marquise Lee
Justin Hunter
Manti Te'o
TJ McDonald
Keenan Allen
Tyrann Mathieu
Desmond Trufant
Marquess Wilson
Jonathan Banks
Ray Ray Armstrong

Two guys from the SEC that I think we can land in the second round:

Bacarri Rambo
Kevin Minter

WelcomeBack
04-30-2012, 12:47 AM
WR needs to be our #1 priority next season assuming we don't deal for someone during the season or address the issue in the offseason.

Robert Woods
Sammy Watkins
Marquise Lee
Justin Hunter
Manti Te'o
TJ McDonald
Keenan Allen
Tyrann Mathieu
Desmond Trufant
Marquess Wilson
Jonathan Banks
Ray Ray Armstrong

Bacarri Rambo
Kevin Minter

Watkins and Lee were both true freshmen last year.

JCane
04-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Watkins and Lee were both true freshmen last year.

True.

But those two kids are good enough that an agent can get in their ear.

WelcomeBack
04-30-2012, 12:49 AM
True.

But those two kids are good enough that an agent can get in their ear.

Yea, they'll be there in the 2014 draft lol.

Lee has the chance to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, WR at USC

JCane
04-30-2012, 12:56 AM
I thought underclassmen could declare after being removed from high school for one full year?

clutch23
04-30-2012, 03:10 AM
I was watching film on a bunch of WRs for this draft. I was checking in on them vs draftable DBs, and during the South Carolina/UGA tape I saw a LB who kept flashing. I wasnt sure who he was but he stole the show on tape. I looked him up and it was Jarvis Jones. have seen a few more game tapes and I think hes going to be a star! Good call, OP!

TheWalrus
04-30-2012, 03:41 AM
I like T.J. McDonald, but his doppleganger -- Markelle Martin -- just went in the 6th round. High cut safeties with small calves never seem to get drafted very high. Just my opinion. Tyrann Mathieu gets a lot of publicity and is a playmaker but he's another guy I wonder whether is going to be a first rounder. He's a star nickel corner at the next level but Jamar Fletcher aside you don't see many of those guys get taken in the first round. I don't see the great speed you need to be a top corner prospect, but used the way the Packers use Charles Woodson now he could have a real impact. You have to have a plan for him.

The major debate next year will probably end up being Tyler Wilson vs. Matt Barkley. Outside of some very silly people looking for publicity no one really believed RGIII was close to the prospect Andrew Luck was, but I can see the Wilson versus Barkley debates having some real teeth. Should also be interesting to see what kind of season Landry Jones has. After Ryan Broyles went down Jones' season went up in flames, but at worst he's like a better Nick Foles (and physical tools are easy to fall in love with, just look at Brock ****ing Osweiler, who went in the 2nd round). And then there's other interesting guys like Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray and even AJ McCarron, who showed a lot of promise in the National Championship game. He probably won't get the attempts to really show his stuff but he has some real ability.

One team I'm going to make sure I watch a lot of this year is South Carolina. There's a lot of quality prospects on that team. Florida State, too (though EJ Manuel is absolute fool's gold that some people seem to buy into). They've had a few monster recruiting classes the last couple of years and those guys are going to start paying dividends.

ROADRUNNER
04-30-2012, 04:52 AM
Im all in for Manti Te'o....ILB.

datruth55
04-30-2012, 09:08 AM
I thought underclassmen could declare after being removed from high school for one full year?
They have to be removed from High School for 3 years. One year is for the NBA draft.

datruth55
04-30-2012, 09:25 AM
A few WRs I'll be watching next year.

Terrence Williams - was Kendall Wright's partner in crime at Baylor.
Cobi Hamilton - Good size WR with some speed at Arkansas
Ryan Swope - Was a target of Tannehill's at TAMU
Quinton Patton - Ellusive in the open field, already seems to display a lot of the little nuances of playing the WR position, does a very nice job of working the sidelines (Louisiana Tech)

WelcomeBack
04-30-2012, 10:13 AM

That's in basketball. College football is three years removed. So, a redshirt sophomore or later.

LouPhinFan
04-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm a big fan of David Amerson. He's big like Sean Smith but, you know, actually plays the position of CB well.

dolfan91
04-30-2012, 11:00 AM
I think Safety, CB and WR are going to be at the top of the list next year...possibly OLB.

I think that your right about CB and WR. Safety could be a need, my guess is IF Wilson performs at the safety position it becomes much less a concern.

dolfan91
04-30-2012, 11:03 AM
If Xavier Rhodes from Florida State was to declare, he'd look good in a Dolphins Uniform. Starting today I'll be researching the internet for 2013 prospects.

TedSlimmJr
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Sugar Possum is a more appropriate moniker for the Honey Badger after he rolled over and played dead matched up against Kevin Norwood in the national championship game. We attacked Mathieu relentlessly in the passing game and smartly avoided Morris Claiborne like the plague. We didn't attempt a single pass in the direction of Claiborne.

Undersized nickel package corner who can blitz off the edge is essentially what he is. He's not close to being a shutdown cornerback. He doesn't have the man-to-man coverage skills to stay in-phase and play the football in the air downfield. 3rd round type prospect based on his instincts as a playmaker, and punt return ability.

CedarPhin
04-30-2012, 12:49 PM

No, that's just the NBA. It's 3 years for the NFL.

Gsmack_42
05-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Robert Woods
Sammy Watkins
Marquise Lee
Justin Hunter
Manti Te'o
TJ McDonald
Keenan Allen
Tyrann Mathieu
Desmond Trufant
Marquess Wilson
Jonathan Banks
Ray Ray Armstrong

Bacarri Rambo
Kevin Minter

You don't mean Desmond Trufant CB from UW do you?