PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft

miadolphins101
04-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Although this year Class of 2012, might have some potential 'diamonds in the rough,' let's just hope there aren't any draft busts like in previous years. Since the class of 2012 behind us, its time to focus on a bunch of new college hopefuls.

Who are your 2013 Mock Draft picks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ya_V7AfSso&list=PL79320BE3FD720A6A&index=1&feature=plpp_video

silverfin
04-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Not that I think the draft will go anything like that, but it got me to thinking. Matt Barkley could really end up regretting not coming out this year.

Roman529
04-30-2012, 03:03 PM
I really like USC Wide Receiver Robert Woods, and Notre Dame LB Manti T'eo. But let's see what they do next year!!!

SCOTTY
04-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Not that I think the draft will go anything like that, but it got me to thinking. Matt Barkley could really end up regretting not coming out this year.

A team would have traded and made Barkley the #3 pick this year. I agree with you, he isn't going to be drafted that high in 2013.

Fin Thirteen
04-30-2012, 03:57 PM
The fact that people are already talking about the 2013 draft is proof, if it was needed, that the NFL is arse about face.

The draft is kind of fascinating , I admit, but should really be just a minor sideshow. Because the offseason is soooo interminably long though, it gets pumped up into something way out of proportion.

I wish the NFL season was at least 2 months longer, with more bye weeks between games, which would allow players more recuperation time and would make the competition less condensed. Then we wouldn't have an offseason that was longer than the actual season, like present.

The fact the 2013 draft is being discussed on several threads only days after the 2012 on finished is a little bit depressing, IMO.

It has become almost like a spinoff sport of it's own. Weird!

ticophin
04-30-2012, 04:22 PM
The draft, at least for me, is as exicting as opening day...but I agree with you on the longer season...spot on

Valandui
04-30-2012, 08:06 PM
The fact that people are already talking about the 2013 draft is proof, if it was needed, that the NFL is arse about face.

The draft is kind of fascinating , I admit, but should really be just a minor sideshow. Because the offseason is soooo interminably long though, it gets pumped up into something way out of proportion.

I wish the NFL season was at least 2 months longer, with more bye weeks between games, which would allow players more recuperation time and would make the competition less condensed. Then we wouldn't have an offseason that was longer than the actual season, like present.

The fact the 2013 draft is being discussed on several threads only days after the 2012 on finished is a little bit depressing, IMO.

It has become almost like a spinoff sport of it's own. Weird!
To be fair, this is the draft forum.

DolFan530
04-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Jarvis Jones OLB UGA, we probably will not be in a position to draft him but he is a STUD the next Demarcus Ware IMO. He will beast up with UGA's weaker schedule this year and boost himself into a top 7 or 8 pick.

Fin Thirteen
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
To be fair, this is the draft forum.

Totally, and I get sucked in as much as the next guy. I just commented as an observation of how absurd it is, rather than any sort of criticism.

The draft has grown to fill a gap in football fans stomachs, who have to put up with an offseason longer than the actual football season. The popularity of college football also drives it, but it's totally crazy how it takes hold.

j-off-her-doll
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Totally, and I get sucked in as much as the next guy. I just commented as an observation of how absurd it is, rather than any sort of criticism.

The draft has grown to fill a gap in football fans stomachs, who have to put up with an offseason longer than the actual football season. The popularity of college football also drives it, but it's totally crazy how it takes hold.

If you're just interacting with the draft on the level of, "Miami needs a WR. I hope we draft one," then I understand why you'd think this. Value assessment is one of our (speaking of humans) favorite games to play. It takes on different shapes, and the NFL Draft is one of my favorites.

JCane
05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
A team would have traded and made Barkley the #3 pick this year. I agree with you, he isn't going to be drafted that high in 2013.

Matt Barkley would have been taken at #2 this year.

Matt Barkley will go #1 in 2013 assuming he stays healthy.

Teams that land the #1 pick land the #1 because they don't have a QB.

Valandui
05-01-2012, 06:09 PM

I understand, man. It wasn't an attack against you.

Slippery Soap
05-01-2012, 11:30 PM
A big reciever for Tanne and some oline help

sinPHIN
05-02-2012, 05:21 AM
did that idiot on the op vid really say manti te'o is a better prospect than luck keuckly (sp)? what a freaking tard

torontodolpfan1
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
yup

SF Dolphin Fan
05-12-2012, 12:50 PM

It has become almost like a spinoff sport of it's own. Weird!Good points. I absolutely love the draft, love talking about it. But it is kind of funny to see it being discussed two weeks after the 2012 draft was completed. I think it's a sign, really, about how far Miami has fallen. Without a playoff caliber team for so many years, what else does the fan base have. The draft becomes so much more important. I don't think the Steeler or Patriot fans are talking about the 2013 draft, at least in the same numbers. I really like your idea of more bye weeks. Maybe one in each half of the season. My wife would like one during Thanksgiving.

mrbunglez
05-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Just as long as we're not picking 1st overall I'll be happy...

robb
06-30-2012, 12:18 PM
We need to address the wr,fs,and cb positions in the first 3 rds

SF Dolphin Fan
06-30-2012, 12:26 PM
We need to address the wr,fs,and cb positions in the first 3 rdsPossibly. But don't forget about free agency. I'd love to see Miami land a big-time free agent wide receiver and concentrate on what looks like the strength of the draft --- pass rushers and safeties. Those are two areas where Miami needs serious help at least on paper heading into training camp.

miland
08-03-2012, 03:08 PM
just getting thread count up - sorry friends!