PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft Grade

SCOTTY
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Seems like concensus is that you can't grade a draft right away. I tend to agree. So can we look now at 2009 and see what we think. Davis, Smith, and Clemons anchor a very questionable secondary as starters. Hartline looks to be our #1 in what could be the worst WR unit in the league. White, Turner, Nalbone, Gardner and Folsom are all off the team (Unless Andrew is actually Nate, I am not positive on this one). We did end up with 4 starters, however I feel that only Davis would be a starter on any other team. I am inclinded to grade this draft as a C-/D. 2010 class looks worse but I'm interested to see if Odrick, Jerry and a couple DB actually end up as starters for Philbin.

JEDIJ007
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
2009 and 2010 worst drafts ever!

LobsterMobster
04-30-2012, 10:51 PM
I'd say it was probably a "C+". Vontae was a solid pick. Hartline was a solid find in the 4th (The Bears picked WR Juaquin Iglesias 9 picks ahead of him. 0 career catches). Sean Smith and Clemons are solid roster guys at least.

It's easy to look back at who we passed on (Pat White instead of LeSean McCoy!), but that can be done with just about any pick, and every team has duds in the draft. Hey, every pick in the draft that year was a pass on Arian Foster!

JerryD
05-01-2012, 12:44 AM
That 2009 draft screams 6-10.

Sadly, IMHO, 2008 & 2010 also scream 6-10. Just reviewed them & its just sad.

Worse, these guys are highly paid & soaking up our Salary Cap with sub-par production!!

We're due for a big draft ... hope this is the year!! Need that Franchise QB & a couple stars = play-makers!!

2413fanphins
05-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Agree with jerry d. Two very bad back to back drafts has us in a tight cap situation and it will take a few good years to rebound. On paper this is what seems to to be the start to the first year of that rebounding process. I think alot of these picks will stick. Time will tell