PDA

View Full Version : andrew luck

freefree
05-01-2012, 11:38 PM
if andrew luck is view as such a great can,t miss quarterback why in all his starts as at stanford he never sniffed or played for a national championship or is he drafted number 1 on his potential ceiling ala tannihill . and please don't give me the no supporting cast (martin decastro fleener )

miami305sb
05-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Hmmmm

NY8123
05-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Get over here and open my beer you buck toothed mofo.

datruth55
05-01-2012, 11:49 PM
if andrew luck is view as such a great can,t miss quarterback why in all his starts as at stanford he never sniffed or played for a national championship or is he drafted number 1 on his potential ceiling ala tannihill . and please don't give me the no supporting cast (martin decastro fleener )
What does having to play for a national championship have to do with being a good NFL QB? How many national championships did Tom Brady play for? What about Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning? John Elway never even got his team to a bowl game.

OTownPhinFan
05-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Stanford as a team was middle of the road with a great QB. No denying his talent. Put John Brantley (sorry UF fans :azmang:) on that Stanford team and they wouldnt even crack the top 20...

fishfanmiami
05-01-2012, 11:52 PM

i'd leave that alone if i were you. 75 % on here wanted to loss every game for Luck. He's the most polished QB in a while and while that is no guarrentee he probably will be great. Luck > Tannehill. At least at this point.

JCane
05-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Is this guy serious?

Do you not realize that Stanford is one of the most prestigious private academic colleges in the country?

Five star recruits who can't make the grade don't get in. Stanford is not a college football powerhouse. One man, no matter how great he is, cannot carry a football team to a national title.

If Dan Marino is "so great" why didn't he win any Super Bowls.

If Peyton Manning is "so great" why didn't he win any national titles?

Why did Tee Martin win the national championship for Tennessee the year after Peyton Manning left?

Take your trash back to the curb for morning pickup, kid.

Killerphins
05-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Serious growing pains in Indy.
Yeah it's true they will be transitioning to a 3-4 on D.
Couldn't trade Freeney and now his hand will be picked up.

OTownPhinFan
05-01-2012, 11:58 PM
To add to the point. Any team sport requires everybody to perform at peak level. In NASCAR, one bad move by a pit crew member will cost you the chance to win the race. One man cant do it all. All you need is to look at some film on Andrew Luck and see why he went #1...Hell, Steve McNair went early in the draft and Alcorn State couldnt see the forest from the trees...

freefree
they both has great nfl arms they both have good knowledge of the game both showed toughness and athletesism .both had some good games . tannihill is coming into a familiar system and his college coach will be his oc so why is luck considered so much more nfl ready just saying?

fishfanmiami
Get over here and open my beer you buck toothed mofo.

Give yourself a warning friend :brewskis:

fishfanmiami
05-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Good night guys. Good luck debating JCane. Pack your lunch.

JCane
05-02-2012, 12:04 AM
they both has great nfl arms they both have good knowledge of the game both showed toughness and athletesism .both had some good games . tannihill is coming into a familiar system and his college coach will be his oc so why is luck considered so much more nfl ready just saying?

Tannehill will be playing in a familiar system that he didn't play that well in.

Watch Andrew Luck play. Kid is essentially Peyton Manning with mobility. Throws the football 75 yards into the wind. Called his own plays in college. That's rare. That shows the ability to learn a playbook front to back and step into the league ready to go out and perform.

It's not hard to see.

Andrew Luck is the first legitimate franchise QB to enter the league since John Elway...another Stanford graduate.

freefree
05-02-2012, 12:05 AM
my point is that he is being drafted on his potential as well as tannihill

JCane
05-02-2012, 12:08 AM
EVERYONE is drafted on potential. And when you're a four-year starter from Stanford with the arm & accuracy, in a system in which you called your own plays, called your own audibles at the line (even in the late moments of a close bowl game), managed protections and all of that other jazz, you are without question the top prospect in the draft.

Kids like Andrew Luck are incredibly rare. He's as close to a sure thing as you can possibly get in a QB.

TakeoSpikesNeck
05-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Idk but Andrew Luck sounds funny. Very happy we got a Stud instead of a Crud

OTownPhinFan
05-02-2012, 12:10 AM
my point is that he is being drafted on his potential as well as tannihill

Everybody is drafted by potential. Thats why you scout them and watch tape of them. Obviously Miami saw something in T-Hill that warranted the 8th pick. Every player in the draft has potential, some more than others, and sometimes, those with supposed less potential end up being the better players...its all relative...

CedarPhin
05-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Clearly, Trent Dilfer >>> Dan Marino.

freefree
05-02-2012, 12:12 AM
if he is played in sec he probably been a mid round pick as best

JCane
05-02-2012, 12:16 AM
if he is played in sec he probably been a mid round pick as best

I don't live in fantasy land. So I don't have a whole lot of "if" in my life.

But if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle.

freefree
05-02-2012, 12:24 AM
can somebody tell me about the one big game against a top team or that memorable play that made you go this the best qb prospect sine john elway or just heard it from the media . i will wait

JCane
05-02-2012, 12:25 AM
can somebody tell me about the one big game against a top team or that memorable play that made you go this the best qb prospect sine john elway or just heard it from the media . i will wait

No, because no one tags anyone as a franchise QB based off of one play lol.

This is the most ridiculous message board conversation I've ever had.

utahphinsfan
05-02-2012, 12:33 AM
if andrew luck is view as such a great can,t miss quarterback why in all his starts as at stanford he never sniffed or played for a national championship or is he drafted number 1 on his potential ceiling ala tannihill

Not to confuse this issue w/ facts, but...

The losses to Oregon (10/2/10 & 11/12/11) knocked them out of the title hunt both yrs.

JCane
05-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Not to confuse this issue w/ facts, but...

The losses to Oregon (10/2/10 & 11/12/11) knocked them out of the title hunt both yrs.

Very true. You can probably recall Pac 12 games more easily than I can since I'm an ACC guy.

Despite Stanford having the better QB, what did Oregon have that Stanford did not?

ATHLETES. Difference makers in college football.

SebasMiamiFan
05-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Is this guy serious?

Do you not realize that Stanford is one of the most prestigious private academic colleges in the country?

Five star recruits who can't make the grade don't get in. Stanford is not a college football powerhouse. One man, no matter how great he is, cannot carry a football team to a national title.

If Dan Marino is "so great" why didn't he win any Super Bowls.

If Peyton Manning is "so great" why didn't he win any national titles?

Why did Tee Martin win the national championship for Tennessee the year after Peyton Manning left?

Take your trash back to the curb for morning pickup, kid.

This. /Thread

moonman
05-02-2012, 12:51 AM

Bro, you seem pretty hung up on team stats as a means of evaluating a single player.

footsteps_falco
05-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Tannehill is a good prospect, has the tangibles and prototype. Has the intangibles, will, toughness, dedication, intelligence (pre med). Andrew luck is a once in a lifetime prospect, honestly rg3 might be too but for diff reasons

CalDolFan10x14
05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Dis dem dang ol' internet troll, man I tell ya what! Dey be pointin and click-click-click-click! It real easy....boom!

JCane
05-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Dis dem dang ol' internet troll, man I tell ya what! Dey be pointin and click-click-click-click! It real easy....boom!

:lol: :lol:

SebasMiamiFan
05-02-2012, 12:57 AM

:lol:

TheWalrus
05-02-2012, 12:59 AM
This thread has the "potential" to become a good one, but I think I'll have to see it win a National Championship first.

Awsi Dooger
05-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Shane Skov was a huge loss for the Stanford defense. He tore a knee ligament against Arizona in the third game of the season and missed the remainder of the season. Skov was the quarterback of the defense, and a major physical presence who energized the entire unit. They weren't talented enough to lose him.

Oregon is a poor matchup for Stanford to begin with, considering the speed disparity. They needed everything to be ideal heading into that game. Instead, Skov was out and they had bunch injuries at tight end and wide receiver. Their health was worse for that game than any week all year.

Stanford really needed to jump on Oregon physically and control tempo with the ground game, like 2009 when they won fairly handily at home. Once they fell behind in 2011 it didn't seem likely they'd pull it out, given the key injuries. Oregon was able to spring James and others for huge gains. Stanford deflated after controlling the trenches early but not taking advantage on the scoreboard. I think at one point the yardage was something like 100-8 in Stanford's favor, yet they trailed.

I will concede that my memory of that game might not be the most reliable, since I watched the first half in a Tallahassee Burger King, of all places. The Canes had lost to FSU in late afternoon. I stopped for a couple of Whoppers on the drive back to Lake City and somehow found a Burger King with a large HDTV tuned to Stanford/Oregon. In Gainesville no doubt they would have been watching Furman highlights, scouting a future opponent.

Stanford would have finished 3rd in the final polls, had the kicker not yipped the short winning field goal. A year earlier they massacred Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

This thread obviously is a silly argument but it's familiar considering the inept evaluation of the Pac 10 (or 12) by eastern fans. I split time between Miami and Las Vegas. Westerners know all about eastern football, and respect eastern/midwestern teams in general. When I'm in Miami, or sample message boards, it's as if eastern fans actually believe the Pac 12 is subpar football. Too late to watch and too much bias to set aside. Never mind all the great athletes that conference has sent to the pros for decades, on both sides of the ball. One of the reasons I liked this Dolphin draft was among our first 5 picks we identified guys from major programs with great logic toward success -- two from Miami and two from the Pac 12.

Bar stool types seemed to bore of Andrew Luck in midseason, inventing reasons he was overrated and shouldn't receive the Heisman. Hey, let's pretend that kid from the video game conference is deserving, in fact superior to Andrew Luck. No problem. Disregard that he was flopping all over the field against Oklahoma State a month ago.

fishfanmiami
05-02-2012, 09:15 AM
I like Tannehill but 7 NFL teams pasted on him and we reached at #8. Nothing wrong with that just don't get carried away.Time will tell but after all the scouting and film study i have not seen or heard ONE knowledgable NFL expert that would rated Ryan ahead of Andrew Luck.
Personally i want Ryan to go on and break all of Marino's records. Realisticly if he's a good NFL starting QB I will be happy.

Clipse
05-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Wow at this thread.

MarshallFin1
05-02-2012, 11:01 AM
take it easy on the op, i dont agree with this thread but i do think luck is more overhyped than other qbs like rg3/tannehill/ and that other qb the redskins drafted who is suppose to be damn good also. If luck wasnt overhyped i think rg3 would have been the 1st pick, i really do or possibly even tannenhill. I think tannenhill is alot better than what the gurus give him credit for because of the school he played for and the bad records they accomplished at a & m.

fishfanmiami
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
great sig :up:

JCane
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
take it easy on the op, i dont agree with this thread but i do think luck is more overhyped than other qbs like rg3/tannehill/ and that other qb the redskins drafted who is suppose to be damn good also. If luck wasnt overhyped i think rg3 would have been the 1st pick, i really do or possibly even tannenhill. I think tannenhill is alot better than what the gurus give him credit for because of the school he played for and the bad records they accomplished at a & m.

RGIII is not on Luck's level.

Go watch RGIII struggle against Oklahoma State while having an NFL receiver on his team and then watch Luck shrewd the Cowboys fairly easily. Luck is just too good.

MarshallFin1
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
RGIII is not on Luck's level.

Go watch RGIII struggle against Oklahoma State while having an NFL receiver on his team and then watch Luck shrewd the Cowboys fairly easily. Luck is just too good.

lol, whoa, you cannot be serious.... I can understand you sayin luck is slightly better but sayin rg3 is not on his level now you are just in lala land and need to come back down to earth.

JCane
05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
lol, whoa, you cannot be serious.... I can understand you sayin luck is slightly better but sayin rg3 is not on his level now you are just in lala land and need to come back down to earth.

In college football he is.

In the NFL RGIII will run too much for the league just like Mike Vick did. How some people still believe that Mike Vick is an elite level NFL QB is beyond me.

Tunaphish429
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Andrew luck threads? Still?

JCane
05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Andrew luck threads? Still?

The man has quite the cult following.

Clipse
05-02-2012, 06:55 PM
RG3 isn't in the same galaxy as Luck as an NFL prospect. One of the most overhyped players I've seen in some time. Stop this insanity please.

Gonzo
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
The man has quite the cult following.

He's been overdehyped.

JCane
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
RG3 isn't in the same galaxy as Luck as an NFL prospect. One of the most overhyped players I've seen in some time. Stop this insanity please.

Insanity is what keeps this place alive unfortunately lol.