PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend something for me to watch on Netflix

rob19
05-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Preferably nothing depressing.

PHINATIC13
05-04-2012, 09:22 PM
...The Legend Of 1900...with Tim Roth...it well take you through a full range of emotions...but I really liked this movie

rob19
05-04-2012, 11:26 PM
anyone else?

Valandui
05-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Dirty Work is always good.

GoonBoss
05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
If "The Shield" is on Netflix, that would be my suggestion as a start. Some of the best TV in the last 20 years by a longshot.

CedarPhin
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM
"Living in the Material World" - George Harrison Scorcese Documentary
"Gimme Shelter"- the doc about the Rolling Stones concert at the Altamont Speedway
"The Last Waltz"- the doc about The Band's last concert in San Francisco, really underrated.

"BASEketball" is hysterical
"Dirty Harry"
"Lord of War"

PhinzN703
05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Drive
The Change Up

GoonBoss
05-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh, on The Shield...check Youtube and google "Shield Final Scene". How Chiklis didn't win every Emmy in the
world for that scene alone is beyond me.

Not to mention, he didn't say a single word.

You have to have the context of the whole series to fully appreciate it I guess, but, still.

rob19
05-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys keep 'em coming

I counter suggest everyone take a look at Kevin Smith's "Too Fat for 40" & "Burn in Hell"

JCane
05-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I like documentaries.

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

GO

Dingleberry
05-21-2012, 02:43 PM
In documentaries, "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" is an eye opening look into the world of steroids and body building. "When We Were Kings" is the definitive Muhammad Ali documentary, chronicling the lead up to the Rumble in the Jungle. "The Cruise" is one of the definitive documentaries about New York City, following around a fast talking, half crazy tour guide as he describes in his jangled eloquence all the things the city means to him (it sounds horrible, I know, but it's totally mesmerizing). "Exit Through the Gift Shop" is sort of a documentary version of "Total Recall" in that most of the debate seems to be about whether it's real, but the evolution of the character "Mr. Brainwash" is both horrifying and amusing, real or not (and I think it's real). "Trinity and Beyond" is, for me, the definitive look at the history of the nuclear bomb. But mostly it's an excuse to look at dozens and dozens of (admittedly beautiful) explosions as an awesome soundtrack by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra plays. "Pulling John" is an oddball look at the world of championship arm wrestling, which has been dominated by some guy from Utah for like two decades. It follows around a loudmouth, idiot hick and a soft spoken but gigantic Russian as they look to grab the title from the aging champion. "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" is the justifiably famous look at the world of elite classic gaming -- especially Donkey Kong -- where an out of work nice guy teacher looks to take the record of highest ever Donkey Kong score from the hatefully smug Billy Mitchell.

All of these received five stars from me on Netflix, in addition to the "Fog of War", which was already mentioned.

Dingleberry
05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Oh, and before I forget, "Overnight," the story of the rise and sudden fall of "Boondock Saints" director Troy Duffy, a man plucked from bartender obscurity by Harvey Weinstein, who agrees to buy both his screenplay and his bar, but is repaid by Duffy's instant transformation into an egomaniacal douche.

Sort of an uncomfortable watch at times, but it's also sort of gleeful to watch Duffy rant and rave when Weinstein completely ditches him, leaving the ungrateful ass holding the **** bag.

tylerdolphin
05-21-2012, 03:20 PM
For a TV series, the best one ever IMO is on Netflix...Breaking Bad. Really an absolute must watch. I also gotta agree with Goon about "The Shield". Great show. That one will take you a while to finish though.

For movies...I recently watched "V for Vandetta" and that was pretty good. And I always recommend "Hot Rod" to everyone even though only about 20% of people seem to find it as hilarious as I did/do.

rob19
05-26-2012, 12:11 AM
"Living in the Material World" - George Harrison Scorcese Documentary
"Gimme Shelter"- the doc about the Rolling Stones concert at the Altamont Speedway
"The Last Waltz"- the doc about The Band's last concert in San Francisco, really underrated.

"BASEketball" is hysterical
"Dirty Harry"
"Lord of War"

Just saw this, never thought I'd hear Bob Costas say "feel these nipples" :lol:

CedarPhin
05-26-2012, 01:33 AM
I was just telling a couple people to go watch it today. I love that movie.

arammell
05-26-2012, 04:31 AM
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy

Gonzo
05-26-2012, 09:24 AM
I really wish HBO would give the okay for netflix streaming. Unfortunately, HBO Go ensures that will never happen. Currently watching The Wire and Treme via ol' timey Netflix: waiting for the mail to get here.

michaelscott
05-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Food inc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

NY8123
06-10-2012, 03:55 PM
How beer saved the world.
Blue mountain state.
Ralphie May.

rustydowell
06-10-2012, 04:22 PM
i like blockbuster

Tunaphish429
06-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Everything must go

rob19
06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Everything must go

I saw it, was a little bit of a different role for Will Ferrel but I did enjoy it.

rob19
06-26-2012, 02:07 PM
The Rum Diary w/ Johnny Depp was a fantastic movie imo.

It's a HST tribute so Gonzo you'd probably dig it

vamadman
06-26-2012, 10:26 PM
The Burbs with Tom Hanks is classic. No one has seen it and I thought it was halirious.

GoonBoss
09-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I just watched "Rampart" with Woody Harelson the other day.

I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Now that I actually HAVE Netflix, I can see what's on.