PDA

View Full Version : The Boondock Saints

jared81
05-08-2012, 12:49 PM
i watched this movie for the first time the other day (yes i have never seen it). why do people love this movie so much? it completely blew, thoughts?

LordPicklewagon
05-08-2012, 01:06 PM
i watched this movie for the first time the other day (yes i have never seen it). why do people love this movie so much? it completely blew, thoughts?

Im with you. It was absolutely one of the worst movies i have ever seen in my life. It was horribly acted, self indulgent and just a vapid vanity film. I went into it with an open mind since it was recommended by a bunch of my friends but as soon as i saw Willem Dafoe start listening to classical music as hes investigating the crime scene, i knew i was dealing with a pretentious untalented director. My biggest groan may of came when Dafoe was reinacting the shoot out combined with the slow motion shot of him screaming and shooting into the air. This movie was a complete disaster of epic proportions.

To me its just a frat boy movie that caters to the Dane Cook crowd.

Dingleberry
05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes. Not good. "Overnight" a documentary on the D-bag director Troy Duffy, who made Boondock Saints, is an interesting watch, as well.

tylerdolphin
05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I literally fell asleep when I watched it.

Valandui
05-25-2012, 05:21 AM
I actually liked the first one a lot. With the second one I completely agree with you guys.