PDA

View Full Version : "Sheriff Joe" is in a bit of a pickle.

CedarPhin
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/justice-department-joe-arpaio-lawsuit_n_1507098.html

The Justice Department filed suit Thursday against (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/joe-arpaio-lawsuit-justice-department_n_1506038.html) Maricopa County, Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his office for unlawfully discriminating against Latinos, and in turn, disregarding basic constitutional rights.

What an *******, seriously for reals.

Locke
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
It's about damn time. That man is ****ing disgrace to everything this country was founded on. Good riddance to worthless trash...

Dolphins9954
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
An email that included a photography of a Chihahua dressed in swimming gear with the caption "A Rare Photo of a Mexican Navy Seal" was widely distributed by sheriff's office supervisors.

That's actually pretty funny.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Tetragrammaton
05-10-2012, 11:49 PM
An older generation's Kardashian, I guess.

They have been trying to take him down for a while, and hopefully they succeed, but the Rush Limbaugh crowd will just paint him as a victim.

WSE
05-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I dont know or care about the racism thing- let the facts play themselves out

how a man could have some of his counties jails in 110 degree weather outside has always been to me an abomination of personal rights. Basic humane treatment is required, especially when it comes to the unconvicted.

Gonzo
05-11-2012, 12:21 AM
That's actually pretty funny.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Old picture. He already defected to the cartels for 2 Snausages.

cdz12250
05-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Nothing new. There must have been cave men during the Old Stone Age who didn't like the use of fire because they wanted things to stay as they were. They were the first conservatives.

ohall
05-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Good luck proving this.

LANGER72
05-11-2012, 09:19 AM
The sheriff is tough on his inmates. That much is true, but the discrimination claims seem to be just the typical over reach by our fine and upstanding justice department.The government will lean on him personally and eventually try to break him financially for giving them the finger. More political theater.
The sheriff is being persecuted for being tough on criminals, meanwhile the justice department has supplied guns to the Mexican drug cartels that kill border guards.

Vaark
05-11-2012, 11:39 AM
At this point I dunno what to think about this guy.. a lot of what he stands for, especially in a border state makes sense. There's always a fine line between propriety and pragmatism. Personally, I lean toward pragmatism, especially when a location is essentially under siege. My buddy lives in Scottsdale and is sort of ambivalent towards him other than thinking he's entertaining. What I do know is that the more virulently clowns like the hypocritical oxy addict/unindicted felonious entertainer ratchet up their defense of him, the more the likelihood that there is something to these claims.

CedarPhin
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Good luck proving this.

Do you have a Sheriff Joe poster on the wall or a Sheriff Joe "Find the Illegals" coloring book?

Locke
05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Do you have a Sheriff Joe poster on the wall or a Sheriff Joe "Find the Illegals" coloring book?

:lol:

GoonBoss
05-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I think he'll be fine. It's pretty clear that they are just tossing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

I love the *Gasp* allegations of what hispanics are called. You should hear the stuff I'm
alleged to have called inmates in grievences. You guys might be surprised to find out people
in jail sometimes lie.

ohall
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM

Are you selling them? I see Locke has called in his Admin buddies, nice.

Anyway, not sure how that addresses my comment. Good luck proving this, especially how it's easy to see this is just another attempt by the Obama ADMIN to distract from their failed record. I'd love to see someone attempt to say it's not.

For the record, I support his actions. When we lose control of our borders, our country is weakened. There is a HUGE difference between illegal and legal immigration. I am an immigrant myself.

CedarPhin
05-11-2012, 05:50 PM
No. They told me that some guy who was a team, not a player fan, had come in and scooped up all of them, including a set of limited edition Sheriff Joe nightlights to "keep the Democrats away".

ohall
05-11-2012, 06:17 PM
No. They told me that some guy who was a team, not a player fan, had come in and scooped up all of them, including a set of limited edition Sheriff Joe nightlights to "keep the Democrats away".

An actual post that is about the topic would be a welcomed thing, especially when you are supposed to be an ADMIN.

CedarPhin
05-11-2012, 06:22 PM
An actual post that is about the topic would be a welcomed thing, especially when you are supposed to be an ADMIN.

I started the thread. Not derailing anyone else's. Should we make you head of the new "Partisan Post Police" brigade here on FH?

ohall
05-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I started the thread. Not derailing anyone else's. Should we make you head of the new "Partisan Post Police" brigade here on FH?

We?

Do you and Locke have the same mouse in your pockets? I'm sorry I exposed your buddy Locke for what is he is. If someone is going to bash someone for not being non-partisaned, they should really follow their own example.

And keep showing us how it's supposed to be here. Make multiple posts that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Vaark
05-11-2012, 07:45 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/dwyp9v-1.jpg

LANGER72
05-11-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/dwyp9v-1.jpg

If Rex was Joe, he would put Sanchez in charge of the cavity searches.

LANGER72
05-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I think he'll be fine. It's pretty clear that they are just tossing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

I love the *Gasp* allegations of what hispanics are called. You should hear the stuff I'm
alleged to have called inmates in grievences. You guys might be surprised to find out people
in jail sometimes lie.

I agree with you.
IMHO,
All of this was timed to get the illegal Hispanic voting block stirred up.
Last week, the homosexuals were thrown a bone.
Governing and politicking from the POTUS.

Dolphins9954
05-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Why were there only 5,000 Mexican soldiers at the battle of the Alamo?

They only had 2 vans.

Locke
05-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Why were there only 5,000 Mexican soldiers at the battle of the Alamo?

They only had 2 vans.

:lol:

Locke
05-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Are you selling them? I see Locke has called in his Admin buddies, nice.

:idk:

Why would you assume I have anything to do with his posts? Because I found one funny? I'm starting to believe everything in your life is a dichotonomy. If they aren't with you, they're against you, right? There's no third parties, innocent bystanders, or anything like that? That's a crappy way to live...

Vaark
05-12-2012, 10:56 AM
If Rex was Joe, he would put Sanchez in charge of the cavity searches.

Thanks!!! That's such a good line, I hope you don't mind me incorporating it into my present sig (arrow down)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/15s3a6g-1.jpg

Dolphins9954
05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
What did Davy Crocket say when he saw all the mexicans running towards the alamo?

Who ordered concrete?

CedarPhin
05-12-2012, 01:28 PM
We?

Do you and Locke have the same mouse in your pockets? I'm sorry I exposed your buddy Locke for what is he is. If someone is going to bash someone for not being non-partisaned, they should really follow their own example.

And keep showing us how it's supposed to be here. Make multiple posts that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

how is the view from the conspiracy chopper???

rob19
05-12-2012, 02:25 PM
The lawsuit recounts how a Latina woman who was five-months pregnant and a U.S. citizen was stopped as she pulled into the driveway. "After she exited her car, the officer then insisted that she sit on the hood of the car. When she refused, the officer grabbed her arms, puled them behind her back, and slammed her, stomach first, into the vehicle three times. He then dragged her to the patrol car and shoved her into the backseat," reads the complaint.

If this is true I don't know how any of you can defend him. I used to think about only 10% of cops were ego-maniacal sociopathic power seekers, but lately I've been thinking it's higher.

rob19
05-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Others have allegedly been put in solitary confinement for "extended periods of time" for not understanding a command in English.

The suit claims on multiple occasions that people were arrested for merely applauding against the office's immigration policies. The judge presiding over the case of the arrestees found that the deputy who made the arrest "believes it is his role to make uncomfortable anyone who express[es] views that disagree with the sheriff"

If these are true than they have some Power-drunk dirtbag cops in Arizona

ohall
05-13-2012, 12:02 AM
:idk:

Why would you assume I have anything to do with his posts? Because I found one funny? I'm starting to believe everything in your life is a dichotonomy. If they aren't with you, they're against you, right? There's no third parties, innocent bystanders, or anything like that? That's a crappy way to live...

As far as what you believe, do not push your paranoia on to me. Don't pee on my shoe and tell me it's raining dude. I'm not the guy going around using the word "we" incorrectly.

Locke
05-13-2012, 02:45 AM
As far as what you believe, do not push your paranoia on to me. Don't pee on my shoe and tell me it's raining dude. I'm not the guy going around using the word "we" incorrectly.

Really? Mr. Conspiracy theorist himself is accusing others of being paranoid? Interesting...

Gonzo
05-13-2012, 10:33 AM
We?

Yep, everyone is out to get you ohall. They're teaming up! Ooga booga! :lol:

It's pretty clear he was using the term "we" figuratively. It's basic English. Or American, amirite?

GoonBoss
05-15-2012, 08:38 PM
If this is true I don't know how any of you can defend him. I used to think about only 10% of cops were ego-maniacal sociopathic power seekers, but lately I've been thinking it's higher.

Allegations, without any sort of support.

We're above convicting people of things just on one side of the story, aren't we?

This may shock you, but no human being is helpless. All human beings are capable of fighting.

How about if the woman was on PCP?

rob19
05-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Allegations, without any sort of support.

We're above convicting people of things just on one side of the story, aren't we?

This may shock you, but no human being is helpless. All human beings are capable of fighting.

How about if the woman was on PCP?

That's clearly the most likely scenario. A pregnant Mexican women on PCP in the border state of Arizona whom managed to drive all the way home threatened the officer's feeling of security.

The suit claims on multiple occasions that people were arrested for merely applauding against the office's immigration policies. The judge presiding over the case of the arrestees found that the deputy who made the arrest "believes it is his role to make uncomfortable anyone who express[es] views that disagree with the sheriff"

These allegations have the support of a Judge, you think this is alright?

GoonBoss
05-16-2012, 09:03 PM
That's clearly the most likely scenario. A pregnant Mexican women on PCP in the border state of Arizona whom managed to drive all the way home threatened the officer's feeling of security.

These allegations have the support of a Judge, you think this is alright?

So is it your assertion that judges are always correct in their decisions?

How do you know what the situation was? You heard it from one side. I certainly hope that even the people
you consider "bad guys" have the right to due process in your own mind as well as the courts.

Do I think she was on PCP? --- No.

Do I think that some sort of incident happened where a LEO over reacted? ---- Possibly

Do I think that every, single person in the universe is capable of the full gamut of human emotion and reaction to said emotion in a time
of stress to include pregnant women and Sheriff's deputies? ---- Yep.

I work in a prison. It's a men's prison, and it's one of the biggest and baddest in Texas. Right down the hill are a cluster of Women's units
to include female death row. I've looked evil, right square in the face, and taken it out for it's recreation, and shower.

I would not ****ing work on a female farm. The women there are capable of things that will take your breath away.

Women....Pregnant or not, are capable of violence and evil, and need to be dealt with as such in a traffic stop, if
force needs to be used.

phins_4_ever
05-16-2012, 11:16 PM

How do you know what the situation was? You heard it from one side. I certainly hope that even the people
you consider "bad guys" have the right to due process in your own mind as well as the courts.

Do I think that some sort of incident happened where a LEO over reacted? ---- Possibly

Do I think that every, single person in the universe is capable of the full gamut of human emotion and reaction to said emotion in a time

I work in a prison. It's a men's prison, and it's one of the biggest and baddest in Texas. Right down the hill are a cluster of Women's units
to include female death row. I've looked evil, right square in the face, and taken it out for it's recreation, and shower.

I would not ****ing work on a female farm. The women there are capable of things that will take your breath away.

Women....Pregnant or not, are capable of violence and evil, and need to be dealt with as such in a traffic stop, if
force needs to be used.

Wow.

rob19
05-16-2012, 11:36 PM

force needs to be used.

Go read the quote again, the cop admitted it himself. It's like you're almost incapable of even entertaining the idea that there's a few dick head cops out there whom have no business being in a position of authority.

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Go read the quote again, the cop admitted it himself. It's like you're almost incapable of even entertaining the idea that there's a few dick head cops out there whom have no business being in a position of authority.
No, I'm just willing to entertain the idea that a cop may not be guiltyof whatever some random person spews out. Unlike you.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Wow.

Wow what?

rob19
05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
No, I'm just willing to entertain the idea that a cop may not be guiltyof whatever some random person spews out. Unlike you.

A Judge paraphrasing the confession of the officer who committed the act himself is not enough for you? :confused:

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 11:36 AM
A Judge paraphrasing the confession of the officer who committed the act himself is not enough for you? :confused:

That was the judges finding.

That is not truth, nor fact. it is opinion.

I'd be interested to get all the information before passing judgement.

rob19
05-17-2012, 11:43 AM
That was the judges finding.

That is not truth, nor fact. it is opinion.

I'd be interested to get all the information before passing judgement.

Like a Judge is supposed to do

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Like a Judge is supposed to do
Fair enough.

Are you saying judges are always right?

rob19
05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Fair enough.

Are you saying judges are always right?

Certainly not

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Certainly not

I'd hope not.

So, you admit there could be more to the story?

Or, are you just towing the line of your agenda.

rob19
05-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd hope not.

So, you admit there could be more to the story?

Or, are you just towing the line of your agenda.

You towing yours?

He's paraphrasing a confession. The officer already shared his rational for arresting those people, & it wasn't a good one.

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 12:24 PM
You towing yours?

He's paraphrasing a confession. The officer already shared his rational for arresting those people, & it wasn't a good one.

Really? Where are his words?

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 06:51 PM
At this point I dunno what to think about this guy.. a lot of what he stands for, especially in a border state makes sense. There's always a fine line between propriety and pragmatism. Personally, I lean toward pragmatism, especially when a location is essentially under siege. My buddy lives in Scottsdale and is sort of ambivalent towards him other than thinking he's entertaining. What I do know is that the more virulently clowns like the hypocritical oxy addict/unindicted felonious entertainer ratchet up their defense of him, the more the likelihood that there is something to these claims.
There is no man that is without flaws. If we were to point out each other's flaws, and tha'ts what we did.......What else would we do?

I wonder if we should just empty the jail.

cbreeden
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
If these are true than they have some Power-drunk dirtbag cops in Arizona

As there are everywhere, not just in Maricopa County, AZ. This lawsuit just happens to make national news because of the visibility of the sheriff and the Justice Dept's hard-on to bring him down.