PDA

View Full Version : nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

Pages : [1] 2

hooshoops
05-11-2012, 11:19 PM
surprised i didn't see a general nba playoffs thread figured i'd start one where we can discuss the round 2 matchups and games...some juicy ones at that

PhinsPhan11
05-11-2012, 11:39 PM
I can't wait to see the Sixers-Celtics matchup. That should be a lot better than what most people are saying.

JCane
05-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Can't wait for Sunday at 3:30PM.

Holy hell....Frank Vogel calling the Heat "flop artists" lol.

Way to make the 305 boys angry, you idiot.

We are going to jackhammer their doodoo holes in this series now.

PhinsPhan11
05-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Can't wait for Sunday at 3:30PM.

Holy hell....Frank Vogel calling the Heat "flop artists" lol.

Way to make the 305 boys angry, you idiot.

We are going to jackhammer their doodoo holes in this series now.
I couldn't believe that when I heard it. It's not like they were going to have enough trouble with the Heat as it is.

JCane
05-11-2012, 11:57 PM
The Pacers actually match up very well with us. I really feel like the Pacers could give us a run, but they're young and apparently dumb. I don't know if Vogel is trying to hype the team up by taking cheap shots at the Heat but I think it's going to backfire. We toyed with the Knicks.

It's time to get down to business.

12 to go.

Trophy needs a tan.

PhinsPhan11
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
The Pacers actually match up very well with us. I really feel like the Pacers could give us a run, but they're young and apparently dumb. I don't know if Vogel is trying to hype the team up by taking cheap shots at the Heat but I think it's going to backfire. We toyed with the Knicks.

It's time to get down to business.

12 to go.

Trophy needs a tan.
The Pacers are a tough all around team. I'm really interested to see how they match up. I still think the Heat will win the series, but I can see it going 6 games.

Ferretsquig
05-12-2012, 02:48 AM
I don't see the Pacers posing much of a threat unless the Heat fall asleep. If Hibbert played like a guy that is 7'2 280 lbs then maybe they could cause problems but he doesn't. West is the biggest concern....the rest of them just shoot jumpers.

I don't think the Heat will have much difficulty shutting them down, especially if they stick with Hill at the point. The Pacers will need Granger to channel his inner 'Melo and I don't think he has it in him. Lebron has thoroughly dominated in their matchups this season.

hooshoops
05-12-2012, 09:25 AM
i think pacers heat could go 6... roy hibbert is another big who plays too soft and i agree that the rest of the guys are pretty much jump shooters...indianas gonna have a much tougher time getting good looks against the heat than they did the magic...all depends on if they can shoot a high percentage with contested looks if its to go 6 even

celtics 6ers i'm sticking with my c's in 7...i can see the 6ers taking one of the opening two in boston feeling great about themselves and then going home and giving one back...its at least a 6 game series no doubt in my mind...we'll struggle with the 6ers young legs and athleticism but at least there won't be any 2nd game of back to back nighters the c's have to deal with unlike all three regular season matchups...

hooshoops
05-12-2012, 10:50 PM
well there's one game for my boys...6ers better get game 2 cause i'm betting my boys get one in philly...if the 6ers want to keep putting evan turner on rondo rondo has got to take the ball to the cup and create...turner can't stay with rondo...the 6ers are athletic enough where they will collapse and not give up the lay up but there will be plenty of kick out opportunities for uncontested jumpers...brandon bass with a bad shooting night...he usually cans those 15 footers...

iggy can take some bad shots thats for sure and thadeus young is a serious quickness in the paint and off the dribble mismatch for our bigs...can't defend a paper bag though which is why collins has to limit his minutes...still collins has to find ways to get him on the court more

as for tonight game 7 not sure which i'd rather see...lakers go out in round 1 to the nuggets or lakers have to run the floor with that young ok city break neck pace...either ones just fine for me...ha ha

hooshoops
05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
how the heck does ty lawson last into the 20's in the draft??? i know why he lacks nba prototype height at the point the nba loves height and athleticism...anyways that cats quick as a hiccup he's easily one of the fastest baseline to baseline pgs in the league...

harrington defending gasol once faried got in foul trouble should be straight up easy money...all day long...but gasols so damn overrated its not funny...i have no idea why people think that guys a top level big...i guess the leagues just loaded with bad bigs if thats the case...faried while undersized can play for me anyday...he's all effort every play and he COMPETES...gallinari i'd ship that buttercup back to wherever he came from that guy plays the game like a girl...

kobe way more willing to play through his teammates in the first half than i expected...he's given his teammates every chance to step up...saving his energy in case its needed for the second half no doubt...

javale mcgees athletic as hell and also out of control as hell...

Ferretsquig
05-13-2012, 11:36 AM
People wondered if Lawson could get his jumper off with that slow release, if he could defend anyone on this level, and what kind of passes hes capable of making. I watched every game of his at Carolina and wondered the same things. The kid works at it though.....Felton had twice his talent but never put the work in.

I wanna see a Memphis/SA rematch......they are so much better as a team than the Clippers, but its been brutally obvious who the best player on the court is. I don't think the Spurs will be as effective as the Clippers have been at denying the post entry. And Zach's eyes should light up every time he sees Boris Diaw in that starting lineup.

dreday
05-14-2012, 02:01 AM
People wondered if Lawson could get his jumper off with that slow release, if he could defend anyone on this level, and what kind of passes hes capable of making. I watched every game of his at Carolina and wondered the same things. The kid works at it though.....Felton had twice his talent but never put the work in.

I wanna see a Memphis/SA rematch......they are so much better as a team than the Clippers, but its been brutally obvious who the best player on the court is. I don't think the Spurs will be as effective as the Clippers have been at denying the post entry. And Zach's eyes should light up every time he sees Boris Diaw in that starting lineup.
Nah neither the spurs nore grizzlies are the same team as last year..grizzlies would have no doubt gotten smashed.besides Diaw wouldn't have been the only way the spurs would have defended zach.

Ferretsquig
05-14-2012, 03:34 AM
Shame the Grizzlies blew that series.....should have had that thing wrapped up in 6 games.

The Clippers have found themselves a hell of a defensive lineup though. Put Beldsoe out there with Butler, Martin and Evans and for a while I thought I was looking at the Bulls' second unit.

SpurzN703
05-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Not looking forward to watching the flop king Chris Paul this series. That guy's face annoys the piss out of me.

hooshoops
05-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Not looking forward to watching the flop king Chris Paul this series. That guy's face annoys the piss out of me.

you can add dwayne wade to the all flop list...guy can't take a shot anymore without going to ground...its quite rediculous...off the dribble drive he'll even kick guys in the midsection and still get calls...

dreday
05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
nobody flops more than lebron. hes been doing that forever..

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/lebronflop1-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/lebronflop2-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/lebronflop3-1.gif

wade moreso whines for calls than flops, and bosh is just soft so i cant tell if hes flopping or if he really is gettin thrown around like that..

CalDolFan1014
05-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Spurs fans, don't act like you don't have a flopper or two on your team... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fEef1T_lqwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI

hooshoops
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
ha ha ha thunder shoot like 80 percent in the 3rd quarter...good luck lakers

JCane
05-14-2012, 11:30 PM
nobody flops more than lebron. hes been doing that forever..

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/lebronflop1-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/lebronflop2-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/lebronflop3-1.gif

wade moreso whines for calls than flops, and bosh is just soft so i cant tell if hes flopping or if he really is gettin thrown around like that..

:lol: :lol:

Love it. Gamesmanship. That's all it is.

What sucks is that the Clippers have claimed the throne for flopping. Miami needs to get their **** together and reclaim the throne.

dreday
05-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Spurs fans, don't act like you don't have a flopper or two on your team... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fEef1T_lqwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI

umm is this footage from 2004 or 2005?the spurs tend to play straight up these days.and occasional flop by parker here and there that isnt called but these days its different.:d-day:

dreday
05-15-2012, 12:27 AM
lol @ Pau GaSoft not wanting to go to the locker room because he knows Kobe is gonna cuss his ass out...

anyways...fisher is asking

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/4523fisher-1.jpg

SpurzN703
05-16-2012, 10:26 AM

Let's find old videos to prove a point. Awesome job sir.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

you can add dwayne wade to the all flop list...guy can't take a shot anymore without going to ground...its quite rediculous...off the dribble drive he'll even kick guys in the midsection and still get calls...

Caron Butler pulled off the shoot and fall down move twice last night. Chris Paul did the same thing in Game 7 vs. Memphis. I think it's part of the offensive strategy in today's NBA :lol:

Dolfan3773
05-16-2012, 10:38 AM
The Heat make me want to rip my eyeballs out.

dreday
05-16-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/1214leonardspurs-1.jpg

this kid is growin up fast..great game by timmy d also.

GO SPURS GO!!

dreday
05-19-2012, 07:27 PM
this is the clippers playbook:
1.chris paul pick and roll with blake griffin, deandre jordan, or kmart
2.play results in a dunk, if not that player in the pick and roll rolls to the middle of the FT line area
3.if player isn't open pass it to a 3 point shooter
4.if 3 point shooter isn't open, that player pump fakes goes to the rim and shoots a floater, plays isolation basketball or pump fakes drives to the rim and passes out to another perimeter player and he does the same thing.

wash,rinse repeat....

Ferretsquig
05-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Give them some credit....they throw in some isos for Paul and Griffin in addition to that fine repertoire.

I still can't believe the Grizzlies lost that series.

Clipse
05-20-2012, 10:42 AM
this is the clippers playbook:
1.chris paul pick and roll with blake griffin, deandre jordan, or kmart
2.play results in a dunk, if not that player in the pick and roll rolls to the middle of the FT line area
3.if player isn't open pass it to a 3 point shooter
4.if 3 point shooter isn't open, that player pump fakes goes to the rim and shoots a floater, plays isolation basketball or pump fakes drives to the rim and passes out to another perimeter player and he does the same thing.

wash,rinse repeat....

You forgot the CP360/Blake Griffin flop. When all else fails, you can always rely on a Chris Paul 360 front flip to try and sell some contact.

Ilovemyfins4eva
05-20-2012, 11:31 AM
the san antonio spurs are playing some of the most dominating ball i have ever seen in my lifetime, and most underated team i have seen.

this team is on a freaking 17 game win streak, winning games by an avg margin of 16 points. that is ridiculious. they go 10 deep which no team can do in the nba.

if a team like the knicks, lakers, or heat were had won 17 in a row, the media would be jizzing over themselves.

im not a spurs fan, but i do appreciate great basketball, and their is no better team to watch now than the san antonio spurs. incredible.

also, i dont know how the clippers made it to the 2nd round. they are a very overatted team. griffin has to be one of the more overrated guys in the nba as he has no jump shot whatsoever, and only gets lots of recognition because of his fancy dunks.

also, its funny how there are people who think chris paul is the best pg in the nba. i have nothing against the guy, but their is no way he is better than derrick rose when healthy, heck rondo may possibly be better, so may westbrook.

ebozzz
05-20-2012, 12:38 PM
the san antonio spurs are playing some of the most dominating ball i have ever seen in my lifetime, and most underated team i have seen.

this team is on a freaking 17 game win streak, winning games by an avg margin of 16 points. that is ridiculious. they go 10 deep which no team can do in the nba.

if a team like the knicks, lakers, or heat were had won 17 in a row, the media would be jizzing over themselves.

im not a spurs fan, but i do appreciate great basketball, and their is no better team to watch now than the san antonio spurs. incredible.

also, i dont know how the clippers made it to the 2nd round. they are a very overatted team. griffin has to be one of the more overrated guys in the nba as he has no jump shot whatsoever, and only gets lots of recognition because of his fancy dunks.

also, its funny how there are people who think chris paul is the best pg in the nba. i have nothing against the guy, but their is no way he is better than derrick rose when healthy, heck rondo may possibly be better, so may westbrook.

I've never really liked San Antonio's style of play very much. They have no doubt been effective at what they do which is excel in the half-court game. It use to be that if you could make them have to run there was pretty good chance that they could be beaten. That's not so true this season as they have shown the ability to play a more uptempo style of play. Regardless of what my thoughts are about their style, they are certainly a team to reckoned with and they do indeed play great basketball....

dreday
05-20-2012, 01:25 PM
all said and done,at the end of the day you have to give the spurs some love.there aren't a whole lot of teams accomplishing what the spurs have.especially these last 15 or so years.i mean making the playoffs 22 of the last 23 years alone is a hell of an accomplishment.this years team is something special and they don't do it with alot bs or ladylike drama.

having said that it looks like its going to be a spurs vs thunder WC finals....should be a great series.

dreday
05-20-2012, 02:05 PM
tony,pop, and timmy chillin' like bosses after the half down 10. not a single worry or **** given...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/3799spurs1-1.png

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/6326spurs2-1.png

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/1921spurs3-1.png

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/9299spurs4-1.png

dreday
05-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I've never really liked San Antonio's style of play very much. They have no doubt been effective at what they do which is excel in the half-court game. It use to be that if you could make them have to run there was pretty good chance that they could be beaten. That's not so true this season as they have shown the ability to play a more uptempo style of play. Regardless of what my thoughts are about their style, they are certainly a team to reckoned with and they do indeed play great basketball....

i think people should not focus so much on the "style of play" so much and focus more on the fact they are thrashing teams over a long period of time mentally and physically..

Ilovemyfins4eva
05-20-2012, 02:39 PM
all said and done,at the end of the day you have to give the spurs some love.there aren't a whole lot of teams accomplishing what the spurs have.especially these last 15 or so years.i mean making the playoffs 22 of the last 23 years alone is a hell of an accomplishment.this years team is something special and they don't do it with alot bs or ladylike drama.

having said that it looks like its going to be a spurs vs thunder WC finals....should be a great series.
all true. also, tim duncan is deff one of my favorite players of all time, and also deff one of the more underrated ones.

how many superstars can u think of that not only stayed with their entire team throughout his career, but never made a stink about anything, never bitches, none of this prima donna ****? i cant think of any aside from duncan.

whenever people talk about greatest player of this generation since jordan retired, they always say kobe. i believe duncan deserves to be in that conversation and heck id consider him the best player in this generation when all is set and done.his resume, his attitude, all speak for themselves

hooshoops
05-20-2012, 03:26 PM
bye bye lakers...went away from bynum for some stupid reason in the 2nd half and goin fishin tomorrow

dreday
05-21-2012, 01:26 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/9200blakesweep-1.jpg

clippers are still that other LA team...cp3 resting for the olympics.

what up Billy!?

ebozzz
05-21-2012, 01:39 AM
i think people should not focus so much on the "style of play" so much and focus more on the fact they are thrashing teams over a long period of time mentally and physically..

Dre,

I ain't hatin'! When I made the comment regarding Spurs style of play, I really didn't mean anything negative about it. I simply meant that their methods have not appealed to me as much as the manner in which some other teams handle their business. Kinda like me saying that I enjoy football teams that employ a wide open attack more than those that are conservative by nature. That does not change the fact that San Antonio has been playing at an extremely high level for long period of time.

dreday
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Dre,

I ain't hatin'! When I made the comment regarding Spurs style of play, I really didn't mean anything negative about it. I simply meant that their methods have not appealed to me as much as the manner in which some other teams handle their business. Kinda like me saying that I enjoy football teams that employ a wide open attack more than those that are conservative by nature. That does not change the fact that San Antonio has been playing at an extremely high level for long period of time.

no sweat ebozz man...the point i was making,was that no matter how the spurs play,wether its an uptempo high scoring offense,or suffocating defense,there are always contrarian point of views."they are this,they are that,i dont like that".spurs fans are used to it.and we also understand there is such a thing as free thinking.

the equalizing factor here,is that the spurs keep on winnin!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/7271gospursgo-1.jpg

SpurzN703
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM

Their style of play this year isn't what it's been since Tim Duncan has been the franchise player. It's like when people still call them an old team.

dreday
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Their style of play this year isn't what it's been since Tim Duncan has been the franchise player. It's like when people still call them an old team.

well then thats when we get into something called "media manipulation" or "media mind control".

you are right.

hooshoops
05-21-2012, 03:19 PM
been a while since i watched the spurs...wasn't a fan of the style of play then...guess i'll have to check them out against ok city...does duncan still whine about every call that doesn't go his way??? if so...ugh...guy was a world class whiner back in the day...can't imagine that's changed much

dreday
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
been a while since i watched the spurs...wasn't a fan of the style of play then...guess i'll have to check them out against ok city...does duncan still whine about every call that doesn't go his way??? if so...ugh...guy was a world class whiner back in the day...can't imagine that's changed much

then you will be pleasantly surprised im sure..the teams dynamic has gone through many changes including this...this okc-sa series will be the finals for some.im looking forward to it myself.

hooshoops
05-21-2012, 03:48 PM
duncan back when i did watch the spurs in his prime was the master of the glass...i don't think i've ever seen anyone use the glass better than him...it was a clinic

ebozzz
05-21-2012, 04:15 PM
no sweat ebozz man...the point i was making,was that no matter how the spurs play,wether its an uptempo high scoring offense,or suffocating defense,there are always contrarian point of views."they are this,they are that,i dont like that".spurs fans are used to it.and we also understand there is such a thing as free thinking.

the equalizing factor here,is that the spurs keep on winnin!

They do indeed!

SpurzN703
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM

World class whiner? I'm far from a homer but I don't remember Duncan ever being that.

Bumpus
05-22-2012, 12:31 PM

I know I'm looking forward to it. :up:

Go Spurs Go!

dreday
05-22-2012, 05:53 PM
congratulations to Kawhi Leonard on being named to teh NBA All-Rookie First Team!

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120522_leonard_rookieteam

San Antonio, TX – The NBA today announced that San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard was named to the NBA's 2011-12 All-Rookie First Team. Joining Leonard on the NBA's All-Rookie First Team is Cleveland guard Kyrie Irving, Minnesota guard Ricky Rubio, Denver forward Kenneth Faried, Golden State guard Klay Thompson, New York guard Iman Shumpert and Detroit guard Brandon Knight.

Leonard is the sixth Spur to be named to the All-Rookie First Team. This marks the 10th time in team history that San Antonio has placed a player on any All-Rookie team.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/2724kawhi-1.jpg

phinman1
05-22-2012, 06:20 PM
OKC vs. the Spurs is going to be an epic series. Both are great teams and both want it badly. Most are thinking the Spurs will win, but I think OKC will prevail because as hard as it is to believe with the Spurs having Duncan and Parker, OKC has the two best players in the series and the depth to support them.

Ferretsquig
05-23-2012, 03:10 AM
I think both teams are overrated and lucky as hell to have avoided Denver and Memphis. OKC should win but if one of their big three can't hit the jumper they'll struggle.

nick1
05-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Okc wins spurs have no defense and struggle with athletic teams, look at when the clippers took big lead in game 3, okc won't let the spurs back in unlike the cluppers

SpurzN703
05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Okc wins spurs have no defense and struggle with athletic teams, look at when the clippers took big lead in game 3, okc won't let the spurs back in unlike the cluppers

No defense :lol:

That must explain SA allowing 96.49 ppg with OKC right behind them at 96.94

Nevermind your blanket statement about struggling with athletic teams, where is the proof in this?

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I think both teams are overrated and lucky as hell to have avoided Denver and Memphis. OKC should win but if one of their big three can't hit the jumper they'll struggle.

Superior logic. Lucky to avoid the two teams that SA and OKC's opponents beat. The same teams LAC and LAL that they swept and beat in 5.

:lol:

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 10:59 AM
World class whiner? I'm far from a homer but I don't remember Duncan ever being that.a

are you kidding me...that guy used to cry after every time the whistle blew...probably the best to ever play his position but that crap irked the hell out of me...

SpurzN703
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
a

are you kidding me...that guy used to cry after every time the whistle blew...probably the best to ever play his position but that crap irked the hell out of me...

Every time the whistle blew. Right.

dreday
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM

:lol: i'll equate this ignorant basketball take to false bravodism..do you ever use facts to arrive at a conclusion?both of these teams will destroy any of the remaining teams in the east in my estimation.

the two things we can always expect come nba playoff time is some exciting series and some ****ty bball takes by ferretsquig.:chuckle:

oh and yeah denver and memphis were the two teams fans have been fearing all along this playoffs..how lucky we are.:lol:

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Every time the whistle blew. Right.

every time it went against him palms up..."who me???" replay shows clear foul

yeah...right

dreday
05-23-2012, 11:27 AM

i dont recall the spurs ever having an extremely difficult time with the thunder..defer to the 10-2 winning record the spurs have before arriving at this assumption.however,this series will be tough and if durant goes off it could get interesting.i think pop has drawn up something for that and i expect the spurs to execute...

spurs in 6 vs OKC

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 11:27 AM
all i know is whoever comes out of the west if its against the heat i will be rooting for the team in the west...i'm hoping its okla city cause i like watching them ball and they got the bigs in perk and ibaka to get physical with the heat...and unless the refs let battier just front the guy coming up for the pick at the high post and get away with impeding the guy the way they did yesterday with west will have no answer for the westbrook pull up and pop 15 footer...westbrook will have a damn field day against the heat

but whoever advances the heats cryptonite is explosive scoring and playmaking pgs they have no answer for them...westbrook tony parker and to a lesser scorer extent rondo no answer...

dreday
05-23-2012, 11:29 AM

yeah...right

unlike most star nba players right?:lol:but timmy got you upset.:chuckle:

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
unlike most star nba players right?:lol:but timmy got you upset.:chuckle:

laugh all you want...i didn't say a lot of guys weren't doing it...i said at the time timmy was probably the worst in the league for it...sure other guys do it...kobe acts like he never makes contact with anyone...but palms up "who me???" that was tim duncan all day long

dreday
05-23-2012, 11:43 AM
timmy made some pretty goofy faces while doing it,but im not sure how that makes him the worst...

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
timmy made some pretty goofy faces while doing it,but im not sure how that makes him the worst...

it probably irked me more cause at the time imo timmy was the best player in the league...like i said earlier his footwork and glass work as far as using the glass on his shots etc was MASTERY

so when i see a guy that damn good it bothers me that he feels the need to complain about everything...but you're right a lot of guys do it

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 12:07 PM
while we're just talkin ball...another thing irks the heck out of me...these guys are in premium shape don't ever breathe hard etc shoot hoops 8 hrs a day and they can't shoot free throws consistently to save their damn lives...i could see if a guys winded and when you get tired you lose your legs and come up short on free throws but there's more brick masons at the free throw line in todays upper level game than i could ever remember...its crazy

Ferretsquig
05-23-2012, 12:09 PM
:lol: i'll equate this ignorant basketball take to false bravodism..

Can't say I'm entirely sure what that is but I guess maybe the ambiguity is there to leave it open to interpretation? I'll go with de defi.

We'll see how it plays out.

Ferretsquig
05-23-2012, 12:15 PM
while we're just talkin ball...another thing irks the heck out of me...these guys are in premium shape don't ever breathe hard etc shoot hoops 8 hrs a day and they can't shoot free throws consistently to save their damn lives...i could see if a guys winded and when you get tired you lose your legs and come up short on free throws but there's more brick masons at the free throw line in todays upper level game than i could ever remember...its crazy

It could also be that you've got a lousy memory and free throw percentage has gradually gotten better over the past 5 decades. Just a thought.....

dreday
05-23-2012, 12:25 PM
it probably irked me more cause at the time imo timmy was the best player in the league...like i said earlier his footwork and glass work as far as using the glass on his shots etc was MASTERY

so when i see a guy that damn good it bothers me that he feels the need to complain about everything...but you're right a lot of guys do it

so be it...i could pick out a hundred different things about other players to nitpick about than timmy whining about foul calls though.

anyways the task at hand is those OKC thunder,and the spurs intend to dismantle them too!

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 12:28 PM
It could also be that you've got a lousy memory and free throw percentage has gradually gotten better over the past 5 decades. Just a thought.....

can't say i can recall or was around for 5 decades...but the free throw shooting i've seen in the playoffs irks me...if its gotten better over the years that surprises me...thanks for being a smart ass though

i don't pay attention to anything other than playoffs...the regular nba season is unwatchable...

dreday
05-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Can't say I'm entirely sure what that is but I guess maybe the ambiguity is there to leave it open to interpretation? I'll go with de defi.

We'll see how it plays out.

but then that would require you to "think" wouldnt it?when 95% of your posts reek of a female menstrual cycle i dont expect much,but youre right we will see.

Ferretsquig
05-23-2012, 12:57 PM
can't say i can recall or was around for 5 decades...but the free throw shooting i've seen in the playoffs irks me...if its gotten better over the years that surprises me...thanks for being a smart ass though

No problem. Never fails to annoy when people that don't watch basketball insist on telling everyone how much better it was when they did.

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 01:01 PM
No problem. Never fails to annoy when people that don't watch basketball insist on telling everyone how much better it was when they did.

ha ha...annoys me when guys think watching regular season basketball means beans...the true players come out in the postseason and the pretenders do also...the regular season other than finding out who the playoffs teams should be is garbage...at least thats the way it has become for me...

SpurzN703
05-23-2012, 01:18 PM

yeah...right

Yep. Every time. He's never believed he's ever committed a legit foul in his 15 year career.

SpurzN703
05-23-2012, 01:21 PM
i don't pay attention to anything other than playoffs...the regular nba season is unwatchable...

Yet you say Duncan is the worst in acting like he's called for bad fouls. How can this be true if you don't watch games?

Ferretsquig
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM
ha ha...annoys me when guys think watching regular season basketball means beans...the true players come out in the postseason and the pretenders do also...the regular season other than finding out who the playoffs teams should be is garbage...at least thats the way it has become for me...

I don't think any of it means much of anything.....its a game. I guess there is some validity in the statement if all you're after is the results, but there is a lot of good basketball played throughout the year by some remarkable talents.

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't think any of it means much of anything.....its a game. I guess there is some validity in the statement if all you're after is the results, but there is a lot of good basketball played throughout the year by some remarkable talents.

i did enjoy watching kevin love when i got some looks at his game...really good player there...you can tell he has really worked at it and put in the time...

tylerdolphin
05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Not sure why the Spurs fans are up in arms over hoops' comment about Duncan whining. Cant say Ive seen him much the last year or two, but back when I saw him a fair deal he really was a pretty big whiner. Its not a knock on Duncan as a player, just sayin. Of course others did it too, but Duncan was up there with the best of 'em.

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Yet you say Duncan is the worst in acting like he's called for bad fouls. How can this be true if you don't watch games?

i used to watch the nba regular season like i do pro football now...but as i got older and the game changed for me i realized guys were going through the motions in the regular season...anyways on the duncan front you are taking me too literal with the "every time" thing...obviously...

dreday
05-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Not sure why the Spurs fans are up in arms over hoops' comment about Duncan whining. Cant say Ive seen him much the last year or two, but back when I saw him a fair deal he really was a pretty big whiner. Its not a knock on Duncan as a player, just sayin. Of course others did it too, but Duncan was up there with the best of 'em.

its not that we are up in arms over people pointing out that duncan used to whine over foul calls.the problem with that spurs fans have is EVERYBODY used to do it before the rule changes,but it seems this is the only go to move of fans of other teams to try and some how nitpick duncans HOF career.

hooshoops
05-23-2012, 02:25 PM
its not that we are up in arms over people pointing out that duncan used to whine over foul calls.the problem with that spurs fans have is EVERYBODY used to do it before the rule changes,but it seems this is the only go to move of fans of other teams to try and some how nitpick duncans HOF career.

well if that's all i got to nitpick he's doing well...cause i nitpick the hell out of guys...football too...as many could tell you...ha ha

and thats all i got on duncan...

SpurzN703
05-23-2012, 03:13 PM

Not up in arms. Just not understanding why Duncan is being called out as whining on every play. He whines like everyone else in the NBA whines.

BROWN 23
05-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Lets GO Pacers!

hooshoops
05-26-2012, 07:25 PM
pacers have to be careful not to overpay george hill at the point...they have a bunch of guys on that roster in the starting 5 especially that can't create their own shot...they need a facilitator and penetrating pg...a rondo with that group would be filthy... i like george hill but he's not much of a break you down off the dribble pg...he likes to hang around the 3 point line and fire up long range shots off the pick...every once in a while he'll drive to the cup but its not looking to pass...

Ferretsquig
05-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Hill gets the qualifying offer, nothing more. Bird isn't going to give up on his pet, especially since he has to see the draft pick he gave up on the all rookie team, but I think the start PG experiment is over. Hill would be a great starting point for the Heat.....the Pacers need a real point guard.

I think they should go all in for Williams, but Gordon seems to be Bird's target. Not that hes a shoddy consolation prize.....swap George and Gordon and you've got yourself a pretty good team.

dreday
05-28-2012, 12:09 AM
i dont expect the spurs to have 13 turnovers in any half of any of the rest of this series and i dont expect danny green to look so,well GREEN.ginobli was beastin!hadnt been for him im not sure spurs win.this would have been the game for OKC to steal.

JCane
05-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Russell Westbrook lost that game for the Thunder.

No idea why people still defend him. Dude was shooting less than 30% and STILL shooting.

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 11:26 AM

No idea why people still defend him. Dude was shooting less than 30% and STILL shooting.

that's not the way i saw it...although i have seen plenty of evidence of westbrook taking too many shots and hogging the ball in the past...kids probably got the softest pull up off the dribble 15 footer in the game...but he can fall in love with it too much at times...should attack the rack more cause he's murder to the cup...tony parkers not stopping him

only took me getting to see the spurs one time again to come away saying they are still a hard watch...ginobili did yesterday what okla city expects from james harden

dreday
05-28-2012, 11:56 AM
that's not the way i saw it...although i have seen plenty of evidence of westbrook taking too many shots and hogging the ball in the past...kids probably got the softest pull up off the dribble 15 footer in the game...but he can fall in love with it too much at times...should attack the rack more cause he's murder to the cup...tony parkers not stopping him

only took me getting to see the spurs one time again to come away saying they are still a hard watch...ginobili did yesterday what okla city expects from james harden

any harder to watch than that 6ers-celtics series tbh.:chuckle:

2.5/10

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

as long as he keeps on chuckin,this thing could be over faster than people may think.

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 11:59 AM
only a spurs fan thinks thats not a tough team to watch...maybe its just cause most the team looks like guys you'd have a hard time picking in a pickup basketball game if you never saw them play....

stop taking it so personal dre for gods sakes...the vast majority of nba fan is hoping for okla city heat for the entertainment value...hell stern probably is also

SpurzN703
05-28-2012, 12:03 PM
only a spurs fan thinks thats not a tough team to watch...maybe its just cause most the team looks like guys you'd have a hard time picking in a pickup basketball game if you never saw them play....

stop taking it so personal dre for gods sakes...the vast majority of nba fan is hoping for okla city heat for the entertainment value...hell stern probably is also

Good thing I could care less what anyone outside of myself feels about how they play. Who gives a **** about style and entertainment value? It's about winning a championship, nothing more. Leave the stuff you're talking about to SI.com and the ESPN highlights.

dreday
05-28-2012, 12:04 PM

not taking it personal at all.i couldnt really give two ****s about what you or anyone else thinks.this team has won 19 in a row and still rolling.more fans outside of SA are starting to take notice.they are the second highest scoring team in the league and so far no one is stopping them.

i guess its too bad that nowhere is it written that the best team shouldnt win because supposedly there is no entertainment value.whoppty woo get used to it.

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Good thing I could care less what anyone outside of myself feels about how they play. Who gives a **** about style and entertainment value? It's about winning a championship, nothing more. Leave the stuff you're talking about to SI.com and the ESPN highlights.

who are you to tell me what to do??? lmao...i'll talk about whatever the hell i want to...you don't agree or it hurts your feelings tough ****

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 12:10 PM
not taking it personal at all.i couldnt really give two ****s about what you or anyone else thinks.this team has won 19 in a row and still rolling.more fans outside of SA are starting to take notice.they are the second highest scoring team in the league and so far no one is stopping them.

i guess its too bad that nowhere is it written that the best team shouldnt win because supposedly there is no entertainment value.whoppty woo get used to it.

that's fair...i think the entertainment value will go up even with the spurs in the finals as the east will bring more physicality than what i've seen in the west...can't knock the spurs either...they got the best coach in the game and they play really well as a unit...its just as an outsider not all that a great watch...for me at least...but it was only one game...and ok city won't lay down so this series is going deep

dreday
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
who are you to tell me what to do??? lmao...i'll talk about whatever the hell i want to...you don't agree or it hurts your feelings tough ****

i think he has a point...these useless points are really no different than SI or any other sports publication,but there is such a thing as free will...the spurs keep steam rolling teams and this is what they get in return...its all good,itll just feel that much better when they win the ship'.

dreday
05-28-2012, 12:15 PM
that's fair...i think the entertainment value will go up even with the spurs in the finals as the east will bring more physicality than what i've seen in the west...can't knock the spurs either...they got the best coach in the game and they play really well as a unit...its just as an outsider not all that a great watch...for me at least...but it was only one game...and ok city won't lay down so this series is going deep

tbf,im not really seeing whats so great to watch with those celtics.outside of garnett,whom i dont even think is that great to watch,theres really nothing that exciting to see about them.the offense is slow and drab to me,but hey thats just my observation.hope they beat the heat,thats all im concerned about though.

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 12:16 PM
i think he has a point...these useless points are really no different than SI or any other sports publication,but there is such a thing as free will...the spurs keep steam rolling teams and this is what they get in return...its all good,itll just feel that much better when they win the ship'.

i don't derive anything from what i read on the internet or hear analyst talking about on tv...in football or hoops...i just go with what my eyes tell me...so if that mirrors the vast majority of analysts etc and such it is what it is i guess...

the nba didn't even have the spurs series to my knowledge prior on the big tv stations...they were playin on the 3rd carries nba tv to my knowledge a lot...and i think it has to do with perceived entertainment value...in fact i'm sure thats what it was...at least the first round it looked that way to me...

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 12:23 PM
tbf,im not really seeing whats so great to watch with those celtics.outside of garnett,whom i dont even think is that great to watch,theres really nothing that exciting to see about them.the offense is slow and drab to me,but hey thats just my observation.hope they beat the heat,thats all im concerned about though.

no problem with that...and kg has been hit and miss this postseason...i guess thats to be expected when a guys 36 playing the minutes he plays...rondo can be electric so can paul pierce at times but the celtics draw i think is more about the franchise history etc and prior matchups with lebron first with cavs and now all the heat hype with the big 3 thing etc...

no doubt a lot of that 6ers series was ugly ball...ugly...i see more beating and banging in the east than the west and that's always an entertaining brand of ball for me...but i also thought the heat dallas final last year was terrific and i expect this final will be the same...the scoring and fast paced game of the west vs the defense and half court muscle game of the east

dreday
05-28-2012, 12:31 PM
i don't derive anything from what i read on the internet or hear analyst talking about on tv...in football or hoops...i just go with what my eyes tell me...so if that mirrors the vast majority of analysts etc and such it is what it is i guess...

the nba didn't even have the spurs series to my knowledge prior on the big tv stations...they were playin on the 3rd carries nba tv to my knowledge a lot...and i think it has to do with perceived entertainment value...in fact i'm sure thats what it was...at least the first round it looked that way to me...

well if that is what conclusion you are arriving at still after seeing them win 19 straight,then so be it.i see a lot of so called analysts doing an about face concerning their opinions of the spurs,especially this year.that doesn't erase the fact of it all either that the casual basketball fan,(and im not saying you),THINKS they are arriving at their on conclusion on an opinion about anything,but in reality they only have the opinion of the writer or analyst because they really believe wholeheartedly in what sports media has to say.

j-off-her-doll
05-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I tend to agree with hoops more often than not - whether it's football or basketball - but I disagree about the Spurs being a difficult watch. They're the closest thing the NBA has to NFL level precision. The game of basketball doesn't force people to do the little things the way the NFL does. But the teams that do the little things will come out on top - if the talent level is similar. That's the problem. Most talented teams just kind of do what they do, and they're too talented for teams who "play the game" better. For instance: those Sacramento Kings teams that always lost to the Lakers in the Conference Finals. They utilized their talents much better than said LA teams . . . but they just had no answer for Shaq, and Kobe was also better than anyone on that team. The reason I love the NFL over any other team sport: the consistency with which players do the little things. When I see teams in other sports approaching that level of execution, it's very exciting. I think OKC is by far the most talented team in the NBA, but they still have to learn how to win. Going to be a tough series for them.

dreday
05-28-2012, 12:48 PM
no problem with that...and kg has been hit and miss this postseason...i guess thats to be expected when a guys 36 playing the minutes he plays...rondo can be electric so can paul pierce at times but the celtics draw i think is more about the franchise history etc and prior matchups with lebron first with cavs and now all the heat hype with the big 3 thing etc...

no doubt a lot of that 6ers series was ugly ball...ugly...i see more beating and banging in the east than the west and that's always an entertaining brand of ball for me...but i also thought the heat dallas final last year was terrific and i expect this final will be the same...the scoring and fast paced game of the west vs the defense and half court muscle game of the east

personally i see it the reason being "the big ticket" playing in a larger market and people enjoying drama queens, as the reason anyone gives a **** about garnett or the so called entertainment value the celtics bring.

when the spurs played that brand of basketball you are talking about,they were called "boring".hey at least it got them 4 rings.what do they call the celtics?

dreday
05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
I tend to agree with hoops more often than not - whether it's football or basketball - but I disagree about the Spurs being a difficult watch. They're the closest thing the NBA has to NFL level precision. The game of basketball doesn't force people to do the little things the way the NFL does. But the teams that do the little things will come out on top - if the talent level is similar. That's the problem. Most talented teams just kind of do what they do, and they're too talented for teams who "play the game" better. For instance: those Sacramento Kings teams that always lost to the Lakers in the Conference Finals. They utilized their talents much better than said LA teams . . . but they just had no answer for Shaq, and Kobe was also better than anyone on that team. The reason I love the NFL over any other team sport: the consistency with which players do the little things. When I see teams in other sports approaching that level of execution, it's very exciting. I think OKC is by far the most talented team in the NBA, but they still have to learn how to win. Going to be a tough series for them.
to add to that you will NEVER hear anything about an NFL team being "unwatchable" or "boring" after winning 19 straight,inclusive of a playoff run.on top of that being the 2nd highest scoring team in the league.i dont care how small a market or socially unexciting their players are.

after watching film or tape,those 72' dolphins werent exactly "entertaining".defensive minded,and not really scoring a ton of points,people loved the phins because they were winning.how anyone can say winning is unwatchable or boring just baffles me.

dreday
05-28-2012, 03:08 PM
didn't expect this from him at all but here goes:

The biggest lie in sports is that the San Antonio Spurs are boring. Winning is never boring.

Golf is boring. But when Tiger Woods was winning every third tournament he played and making a bid to obliterate all of Jack Nicklaus’ records, golf was more spellbinding than porn.

Women’s basketball is boring. But when the media pretended Connecticut women’s basketball was going to surpass John Wooden’s UCLA winning streak, women’s hoops flirted with relevancy.

Horse racing is boring. But we’re suckered into the sport every time a 3-year-old puts together a two-race win streak that includes the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.

Winning is the ultimate aphrodisiac. It always creates excitement, draws interest.

The Spurs are far from boring. Sunday evening, in the opener of the Western Conference finals, the Spurs stretched their playoff winning streak to nine games, their overall winning streak to 19, with an impressive 101-98, come-from-behind victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder in San Antonio.

Boring? Hardly. Manu Ginobili came off the Spurs bench and unleashed a dizzying array of twisting runners at the rim, fallaway jumpers from beyond the arc and midrange floaters that eventually overwhelmed the Thunder.

Boring? Hell no. The Spurs trailed by nine after three quarters. Fellow reserves Tiago Splitter and Gary Neal got the Spurs back into the game early in the fourth, sparking a 9-2 run to open the quarter.

The Spurs aren’t remotely boring. They’re poorly marketed by a commissioner and a league that overdosed on Michael Jordan and the celebration of individual over team. They’re poorly defined by media that are gutless, politically correct and lazy.

The popular theory is that a Miami-OKC, LeBron James-Kevin Durant NBA Finals is what is best for the league. The popular theory is wrong.

San Antonio-Miami is the culture-war showdown that could build on the momentum of last year’s terrific NBA Finals. San Antonio-Miami would represent team vs. stars, diligence and patience vs. instant gratification, humility vs. hype, international basketball culture vs. American basketball culture.

Tim Duncan (Virgin Islands), Tony Parker (France) and Manu Ginobili (Argentina), the San Antonio-drafted foundation of the Spurs team, did not grow up a part of traditional American basketball culture. Duncan grew up dreaming of being an Olympic swimmer. He stayed all four years at Wake Forest. Parker and Ginobili grew up playing international basketball.

NBA PLAYOFFS
Stay up to date with all the matchups at Playoff Central.

San Antonio’s “Big Three” is quite a contrast to Miami’s. James, an Akron, Ohio, native, never attended college and orchestrated his move to Miami after seven seasons with the Cavaliers. Bosh, a Dallas native, left Georgia Tech after one season and bolted to Miami after seven seasons in Toronto. Dwyane Wade, a Chicago native, played two seasons at Marquette and was drafted by the Heat.

The Spurs share the ball and the scoring load, rely on a 10-man playing rotation and run an exquisitely precise offense. James and Wade, with the exception of the last three games against the Pacers, mostly go one-on-one for their points. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili rarely dunk. James and Wade are featured on "SportsCenter" nightly.

San Antonio-Miami could be a dream matchup. The NBA hasn’t had anything like this since Magic Johnson and Larry Bird clashed. There were racial undertones to those battles and the media were not afraid to explore those undertones. We were less politically correct in the 1980s.

The Spurs and their multiple championships on the backs of Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and coach Gregg Popovich are a repudiation of American, AAU basketball culture. James, Wade and Bosh are the ultimate manifestation of American, AAU basketball culture. They learned the game while being seduced by the shoe companies that finance summer basketball. The teenage summer circuit is what has made the modern American player value friendship more than competition. The best players now dream of teaming together rather than out-dueling each other.

They want to be like Nike . . . I mean Mike.

Who can blame them?

David Stern and his television partners have convinced the world that Michael Jordan invented basketball, that the individual player is far more valuable than a team.

The Spurs should be the NBA’s version of the Green Bay Packers. Yes, the Cowboys are more glamorous and the Steelers and the 49ers have won more titles. But little old Green Bay is “Titletown.” The Packers are a huge national television draw. No one would call the Packers boring.

The Spurs are not boring. Greatness is never boring. And if these Spurs go on to win the title, there will be no denying they’re one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

dreday
05-28-2012, 03:10 PM
ive always said the spurs were poorly marketed,and now you have one of the most controversial pundits ever saying so.

go figure..

but i am a senior analyst (not sports),but that has to stand for something.:lol:

heres the link to that article...

http://extreme.mobile.msn.com/sports/NBA/article/1428579

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 04:15 PM
i can't stand jason whitlock...but i can see where off her doll is coming from...the execution on offense of the spurs is top notch...and they are getting max results from the talent they have...pops getting the most out of his players...

all that said i could easily see ok city taking game 2 and coming back to san antonio up 3-1...i'm not sure i buy the barkley talk that the spurs took a while to get used to the thunder speed...

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 04:58 PM
man i just got done skimming the nba playoffs thread from last year started by jcane...that sucker had some meat and some good discussion...we got to get some more in depth ball talk going for the conference finals and nba finals...

dreday
05-28-2012, 05:29 PM
i can't stand jason whitlock...but i can see where off her doll is coming from...the execution on offense of the spurs is top notch...and they are getting max results from the talent they have...pops getting the most out of his players...

all that said i could easily see ok city taking game 2 and coming back to san antonio up 3-1...i'm not sure i buy the barkley talk that the spurs took a while to get used to the thunder speed...

i cant stand whitlock either,but that is a brilliant article.theres no way the spurs have 13 turnovers in the first half again,that was the game for OKC to steal for me,but time will tell.

dreday
05-28-2012, 05:32 PM
man i just got done skimming the nba playoffs thread from last year started by jcane...that sucker had some meat and some good discussion...we got to get some more in depth ball talk going for the conference finals and nba finals...

LOL,you are right.wheres the substance in yaaking about how entertaining the spurs are yet appear headed towards another title...

im all for more substance...youre the OP,bring it hoops!lmao...

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 07:17 PM
the thing that really impressed me with ginobili yesterday was how well he moves without the ball...evan turner could learn a thing or two watching ginobili...doesn't stand around and watch...he's always it seems ready when the ball comes his way...lethal off the dribble in the lane and he also has a sick step back jumper that can extend to the 3 point line even...i can't even begin to stress how tough it is not to come up short on step back jumpers...and step backs from the nba 3 point line...that's tough stuff

pierce lebron ginobili all have sick step back range...

dreday
05-28-2012, 08:00 PM
the thing that really impressed me with ginobili yesterday was how well he moves without the ball...evan turner could learn a thing or two watching ginobili...doesn't stand around and watch...he's always it seems ready when the ball comes his way...lethal off the dribble in the lane and he also has a sick step back jumper that can extend to the 3 point line even...i can't even begin to stress how tough it is not to come up short on step back jumpers...and step backs from the nba 3 point line...that's tough stuff

pierce lebron ginobili all have sick step back range...

paul pierce is my favorite player on the C's..his numbers are similar to birds over a career span.if theres a player i would want on the spurs it would be pierce.incredible range,and plays adequate d....

the thing i dont like about ginobli,is he plays so out of control at times,but i love his spry and the competition he brings.also he can be injury prone..

lebron is without a doubt the best player in the league right now..

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
3 garbage ass technicals and a basket that shouldn't have counted due to a shot clock violation and my boys are down 2 at the half...i'll take it...kg the first quarter of that game the only celtic to show up...he's getting much better position in the paint against the heat front court...c's have all 3 of the heat bigs with 2 fouls a piece already...much less athletic front court the heat have than the 76ers...

come on rondo...take the ball to the cup and penetrate...chalmers can't stay in front of you...liked how doc offset the massive advantage the heat have against our 2nd unit by playing more starters more minutes in this series than he did with the 2nd unit in the 6ers series...kind of thing that makes me think doc felt comfortable that he would advance in round 2...now he knows he can't play the 2nd unit too much with lebron and wade getting run with that group...have seen a lot more pierce allen rondo and even kg with that group...

sure would be nice to sneak one in the opener...faring much better than i expected...like the shots we're getting...if mike miller is gonna beat us so be it...i want to see it before i'll believe it

hooshoops
05-28-2012, 11:19 PM
ha ha...so much for that...got owned in the 3rd quarter...not that i think it really mattered in this one but the heat now have had 23 technicals called against the opposition this postseason to only 6 against the heat...that's some bs

dreday
05-29-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/9189itsgonnabeok-1.jpg

the c's know how to play better,i expect they will come wednesday...

Ferretsquig
05-29-2012, 10:37 AM
come on rondo...take the ball to the cup and penetrate...chalmers can't stay in front of you...

I think Chalmers, Wade, and James spent most of the game playing 15 ft off Rondo.....if they were bothering to play him at all. Wade was just floating around when he guarded the point. Kinda funny seeing Rondo doing his crossover move with no defender in sight.

The Heat aren't respecting anyone's jumper other than Bass and Allen, and I find it hard to believe they're going to keep playing up on Allen like that if he keeps missing. Half way through the series the Sixers had pretty much decided he wasn't going to hit the three anymore and started paying less and less attention to him coming off the screens.

It doesn't look good for the Celtics. They didn't turn it over, didn't let the Heat get much of anything on the break, and watched a whole bunch of threes getting missed and still got beat up pretty bad. Bass makes Battier look like a legit PF, Pierce doesn't look like himself, and Allen isn't helping anyone being on the court. I fully expect Pierce to blow up for at least one game but its not a good sign when they Heat don't play the game they want to play and still win by double digits.

SpurzN703
05-29-2012, 10:48 AM

Hurts my feelings? Man I hope my feelings aren't hurt b/c that would mean I'd need a thicker internet skin.

I wasn't telling you what to do, I said that the stuff you're bringing up about entertainment value is the sort of "info" that's on ESPN and SI.com all day.

Bumpus
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
didn't expect this from him at all but here goes:

The biggest lie in sports is that the San Antonio Spurs are boring. Winning is never boring.

Golf is boring. But when Tiger Woods was winning every third tournament he played and making a bid to obliterate all of Jack Nicklaus’ records, golf was more spellbinding than porn.

Yeah ... I pretty much stopped reading at this point. :lol:

dreday
05-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah ... I pretty much stopped reading at this point. :lol:

:lol:

great analysis of the analysis,especially since i cant find anything remotely interesting in the EC finals so far,so i'll leave with this...i think it's a combo of things:miami is rested, celtics are old, and giving them a one-day break from that grueling seven-game series with the 6ers also took its toll.

outside of rondo, them dudes are gassed.makes me just sit in my office and just...thinking about the spizzur game tonight.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/4619thinker-1.jpg

hooshoops
05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I think Chalmers, Wade, and James spent most of the game playing 15 ft off Rondo.....if they were bothering to play him at all. Wade was just floating around when he guarded the point. Kinda funny seeing Rondo doing his crossover move with no defender in sight.

The Heat aren't respecting anyone's jumper other than Bass and Allen, and I find it hard to believe they're going to keep playing up on Allen like that if he keeps missing. Half way through the series the Sixers had pretty much decided he wasn't going to hit the three anymore and started paying less and less attention to him coming off the screens.

It doesn't look good for the Celtics. They didn't turn it over, didn't let the Heat get much of anything on the break, and watched a whole bunch of threes getting missed and still got beat up pretty bad. Bass makes Battier look like a legit PF, Pierce doesn't look like himself, and Allen isn't helping anyone being on the court. I fully expect Pierce to blow up for at least one game but its not a good sign when they Heat don't play the game they want to play and still win by double digits.

agreed...i didn't see many good signs for the c's going forward in this series...looked like the heat could turn it on whenever they wanted to...probably a 5 game series

dreday
05-29-2012, 06:30 PM
lebron really is a good guy...he's helped fix many a man's hairline over the years through his breakthrough hairline treatment technology:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/6277hairlines-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/7878hairlines2-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/3036hairlines3-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/5766hairlines4-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/3371hairlines5-1.jpg

:hump:

dreday
05-29-2012, 06:38 PM
here are your referees for tonight's spurs game:monty mcCutchen, tony brothers and ron garretson. the alternate is rodney mott...

dreday
05-29-2012, 11:59 PM
props to OKC for fighting...

tony parker 16-21 34 points with only 2 FT attempts

geezus

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/1216nastyastheywannabe-1.jpg

hooshoops
05-30-2012, 11:48 PM
could we get hozed anymore by these officials the first 2 games...good grief...rondo gets hit across the face on a dribble drive to the cup down 2 in ot by wade no call wade comes down and does his garbage kick out of the leg before contact for the and 1...

i sure as hell hope we get the whistle at home but i doubt it will happen...i know one thing...i'm gonna enjoy watching the heat get destroyed by the spurs in the finals...if the spurs play anything close to the ball i saw last night the heat have no chance

good job david stern with your damn puppets...

Ferretsquig
05-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Can't believe Wade gambled for the steal on the last play.....

Rondo sure would be a hell of a player if he could hit that shot every game.

Clipse
05-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Figured the Celtics would have more of a chance this series with their defense and no Bosh. But they have no chance. May not even make it 5 games. Can't win with Rondo dropping 40, much of it from jumpers, can't win at all.

hooshoops
05-31-2012, 12:04 AM
can't win with the officials calling all that bs the last 2 games...celtics did play their best game tonight...pierce fouled out on some bs ray had his legs and his shot kg played a ton of minutes...the bench blows...we're missing pieces hell crucial pieces in our depth at least with avery bradley and no green...i'm proud of the effort...you can't defend lebron james without the whistle blowing...24 free throws for lbj boston as a whole took 29

ha ha...rediculous...this reminds me of the nba finals against the lakers a couple years ago...

JCane
05-31-2012, 01:23 AM
We stole one tonight.

I'll say that.

I'm never one to blame the officials for wins or losses...but I think we got one tonight.

Built2Win
05-31-2012, 08:54 AM
I will give you the wade head slap... though the leg kick came after he was fouled which caused his leg to come out even more when he got hit in the upper body.. I tend to think the fouls balance themselves out. I Seen wade get hit and no call.
A team should play well enough to avoid a few bad calls by the refs. Rondo put on a show i wondered if the heat could win a game in which rondo was the second best person on the floor...

could we get hozed anymore by these officials the first 2 games...good grief...rondo gets hit across the face on a dribble drive to the cup down 2 in ot by wade no call wade comes down and does his garbage kick out of the leg before contact for the and 1...

i sure as hell hope we get the whistle at home but i doubt it will happen...i know one thing...i'm gonna enjoy watching the heat get destroyed by the spurs in the finals...if the spurs play anything close to the ball i saw last night the heat have no chance

good job david stern with your damn puppets...

SpurzN703
05-31-2012, 09:20 AM
The Heat were very fortunate to come away with that win. Too many missed FTs (while getting too many calls). It will be interesting to see how the calls are made in Boston.

Ferretsquig
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Bottom line is that the Heat can get James and Wade going towards the hoop with the ball in their hands and no shot blocker waiting whenever they feel like it. There's going to contact, whether you judge it as them or the defender initiating. The offensive player tends to get the benefit of the doubt, especially when their name is James or Wade (or Pierce for that matter).

hooshoops
05-31-2012, 05:10 PM
I will give you the wade head slap... though the leg kick came after he was fouled which caused his leg to come out even more when he got hit in the upper body.. I tend to think the fouls balance themselves out. I Seen wade get hit and no call.
A team should play well enough to avoid a few bad calls by the refs. Rondo put on a show i wondered if the heat could win a game in which rondo was the second best person on the floor...

wrong...

david sterns a criminal...couple other interesting nuggets i came across pierce and garnett lead the nba playoffs in playoff fouls called against at 46 and 44...lebron 23...

former player donny marshall said yesterday the league absolutely influences games and the players know it...4 current players even told him that the league will let the c's maybe get one game...

one of the refs in last nights game did 5 months for embezzlement from the nba...why would stern keep anyone who did something like that??? i'll let you figure it out...

the nba owned hornets win the draft lottery...hmm...coincidence... hardly...i can't believe i still watch this crap...i knew something was up a few years ago watching the celtics lakers final....when the lakers outshot the c's from the free throw line like 3 to 1 in the series...

24 free throws to a player has only happened 5 times since 2000...twice with lebron once with wade twice with nowitzki...

look i don't mind losing and all things being told i do think the heat are a better team but this stuff thats going on is rediculous...the officiating and one sided calls have been laughable...

Ferretsquig
05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
What are the NBA playoffs without the conspiracy theories? Inevitably is the ones that never actually watch the game that of course know its all rigged against whatever team they root for.

Just a tip.....if you want to reinforce your argument with lottery rigging accusations, put a little more thought into it before the hand goes to keyboard.

hooshoops
05-31-2012, 05:30 PM
What are the NBA playoffs without the conspiracy theories? Inevitably is the ones that never actually watch the game that of course know its all rigged against whatever team they root for.

Just a tip.....if you want to reinforce your argument with lottery rigging accusations, put a little more thought into it before the hand goes to keyboard.

only a fool doesn't think that there's some shady stuff going on here...the draft lotto i don't buy the genuineness of it but i at least know what my eyes tell me watching the games and the officiating has been trash...you can't miss calls right in front of you on the baseline in crucial ot possessions like the rondo face slap...you can't...how the heck can you...its a joke

by the way i could hardly ever watch the nba and still know as much as all you glued to the tube guys...so get over that crap...

anyways...i don't feel like arguing about it...this series is just reinforcing for me what i've believed to be the case in this league...you don't agree no worries...

Ferretsquig
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
I know.....we've already all been made well aware of the fact that you're just as good as these guys playing the NBA (if a bit shorter) and you play a more physical brand of basketball in your backyard. A basketball savant I'm sure. But that doesn't make Benson an employee of the NBA or 1.3 equal 3, no matter how much you may believe.

SpurzN703
05-31-2012, 11:09 PM
When SA loses it's always by 49239 pts it seems :lol:

Clipse
05-31-2012, 11:54 PM
I know.....we've already all been made well aware of the fact that you're just as good as these guys playing the NBA (if a bit shorter) and you play a more physical brand of basketball in your backyard. A basketball savant I'm sure. But that doesn't make Benson an employee of the NBA or 1.3 equal 3, no matter how much you may believe.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. In regards to the fouls anyways. Superstars do get calls that regular players don't. Everyone knows that I would imagine. I'm not sure if I believe the theories on Stern paying off refs to call things for certain teams, but we're all well aware that there's corruption among the refs.

dreday
05-31-2012, 11:55 PM
LOL...it was an impressive streak.in a way I'm glad its over.time to adjust and win this series...

SpurzN703
06-01-2012, 09:20 AM
LOL...it was an impressive streak.in a way I'm glad its over.time to adjust and win this series...

Game 4 is pretty big. Win that and they have a great chance. Going back to SA 2-2 will be really interesting

dreday
06-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Game 4 is pretty big. Win that and they have a great chance. Going back to SA 2-2 will be really interesting

spurs need to get back to executing on offense.everything looked half assed out there last night.everyone likes to say sefalosha on parker was the difference,but forget he was busy being destroyed by that same parker in game 2 in stretches.i dont expect OKC's scrubs to duplicate that performance in game 4,but the spurs need to show a lot more energy.bonners minutes need to go to dejuan blair.hey,i dont like the blair/splitter combo any better than anyone else,but bonner is just useless out there,and for some reason blair kills OKC on the offensive end.in a way,this loss was good because now pop can teach a whole lot better.we all saw what happened after the last time the spurs lost.

im not even going to talk about the horrible night the refs had,but i guess i just did.

SpurzN703
06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
spurs need to get back to executing on offense.everything looked half assed out there last night.everyone likes to say sefalosha on parker was the difference,but forget he was busy being destroyed by that same parker in game 2 in stretches.i dont expect OKC's scrubs to duplicate that performance in game 4,but the spurs need to show a lot more energy.bonners minutes need to go to dejuan blair.hey,i dont like the blair/splitter combo any better than anyone else,but bonner is just useless out there,and for some reason blair kills OKC on the offensive end.in a way,this loss was good because now pop can teach a whole lot better.we all saw what happened after the last time the spurs lost.

im not even going to talk about the horrible night the refs had,but i guess i just did.

Eh the refs didn't matter. We all knew OKC would come out like gangbusters last night. Losing a game isn't a big deal.

Ferretsquig
06-02-2012, 04:35 AM
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. In regards to the fouls anyways. Superstars do get calls that regular players don't. Everyone knows that I would imagine. I'm not sure if I believe the theories on Stern paying off refs to call things for certain teams, but we're all well aware that there's corruption among the refs.

Its just so stupid. Obviously referees in every sport make calls based on a player's pedigree, crowd reactions, league pressure, etc.....they're human. But why these people always have to search for some vast conspiracy is beyond me.

hooshoops
06-02-2012, 11:43 PM

all i ask is that the officials let the players decide the games...the heat got bailed out on more bull**** at home in games 1 and 2 then i could count...the techs in game 1 were horrendous and it takes away your aggressiveness...that said game 1 i don't think the c's could have held on...they had tired legs in the 2nd half...game 2 the c's got hozed...just let the players decide it...game 3 wade and lebron earned their fouls as did bass for the c's...i understand superstars and guys who drive to the cup like wade and lebron will get calls cause they create contact but good lord you got to play thru some of that perimeter contact also...wade and james use that off arm to create space off the dribble all the time...i'm not bitching about that...wades a flopper though...guy goes to ground looking to be bailed out so much it makes me want to puke...

let the players decide the series...

and kg if you can go down and do dirty work in the paint like i saw in game 3 from you there's no reason you can't do it each game the rest of the way...man up cause you are a serious problem for the heat down there...i don't want to see you standing around the top of the key in game 4 and on...get in the paint

hooshoops
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
it sure would be nice if paul pierce would step up and have a big game tonight...

hooshoops
06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
rumors that the bulls are looking to add steve nash and jason kidd to the roster this offseason...

SpurzN703
06-04-2012, 07:39 PM
rumors that the bulls are looking to add steve nash and jason kidd to the roster this offseason...

Nash with the Bulls would be great for them. Kidd too? Interesting

ebozzz
06-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Alright, I do not mean any disrespect to The Spurs or their fans by asking this. I know that they have the ability to win two straight but can they?

SpurzN703
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Alright, I do not mean any disrespect to The Spurs or their fans by asking this. I know that they have the ability to win two straight but can they?

Doesn't seem likely. OKC is just a money team. I actually like Durant, not so much a fan of anyone else on the team. Perkins I tend to dislike a lot for some reason.

I don't know if the Spurs will get this close again for a while so if this is it, so be it. They've supposedly been done for a years now and keep coming back. Who knows.

dreday
06-05-2012, 11:26 AM

****!!!:lol: spurs have too much of the bench not showing up.not enough will to win or play hard.close out games are difficult,but ill wait to see if this spurs team has any balls whatsoever.nobody will pick thiem to win,maybe its enough to ignite something.the first half of last nights game was disgusting,havent seen them play like that in awhile.

BELIEVE

SpurzN703
06-05-2012, 01:37 PM
****!!!:lol: spurs have too much of the bench not showing up.not enough will to win or play hard.close out games are difficult,but ill wait to see if this spurs team has any balls whatsoever.nobody will pick thiem to win,maybe its enough to ignite something.the first half of last nights game was disgusting,havent seen them play like that in awhile.

BELIEVE

Sucks that Danny Green has been a flop. Bonner too.

hooshoops
06-05-2012, 05:51 PM
west conf finals is a wrap...bye bye spurs

westbrook killin me with how much he has been ballhawging late in games with durant ready to take over...killin me

i'll be shocked if lebron gets called for a single foul tonight...coming off fouling out for the first time since like 08...ha ha...

Dolfan3773
06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Celtics wanted that more and want the series more...no excuses.

hooshoops
06-05-2012, 11:56 PM
oh no they didn't...come on home boys...paul pierce with a straight dagger three in lebrons grill...dwayne wade cries more than anybody i've seen in a while...good lord does that dude cry to the officials...

that zone the c's went to i think gave the heat issues...the zone the mavericks ran last year in the finals did also...make them beat you from the 3 point line...drives lebron and wade bananas who wanto do everything off the dribble

hooshoops
06-06-2012, 12:18 AM
if i'm the heat and i lose game 6 spoelstra gets the axe...i don't understand how he can have especially at the end of quarter possessions some of the stagnant offensive sets i've seen and why the heck doesn't he incorporate the pick and roll with wade and james together working as a tandem...and i also think he allows too many end of quarter possessions by the opposition where he was bad matchups on the defensive end...i mean half court sets on the last quarter possessions with pierce holding at the top of the 3 point line against anyone other than bron baffles me...

if the heat want to trade wade i hope danny ainge comes a callin...not sure how it would work out or if it could but he's still a terrific basketball player...his range on his jumper has been spotty at times this postseason and he plays a game that takes a lot of contact off the dribble which means his shelf life is probably gonna start to show if it hasn't already but i'd still love to have him...the diving and flopping on every shot and on the defensive end would annoy me though...man up

dreday
06-06-2012, 11:16 PM
this **** is so rigged

Clipse
06-07-2012, 12:01 AM
this **** is so rigged

LOL. Nothing rigged about it. The Spurs stood there and jacked up jump shots the entire second half while the Thunder took it to the basket and made clutch shots. The team settling for jumpers never wins.

PhinsPhan11
06-07-2012, 12:19 AM
LOL. Nothing rigged about it. The Spurs stood there and jacked up jump shots the entire second half while the Thunder took it to the basket and made clutch shots. The team settling for jumpers never wins.
Yeah, can't we relate to that after watching our Sixers all year.

dreday
06-07-2012, 01:08 AM

Lol please don't get me started...every touch foul went their way.hard to play 5on 8but whatevs

Funky Fin
06-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Every season the NBA reminds me why I can't stand basketball. Come playoff time the refs are so damn inconsistent it ruins the game. The refs have to much power. Dreday is right, that game was disgustingly in favor of the Thunder. Just makes me not give a **** and realize that the NBA is just a filler for the NFL offseason.

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
looked like a tale of two halves to me...but the thunder in games 3-5 outplayed the spurs and they did it again in the 2nd half last night...get used to seeing okla city in the finals...they're gonna be there an awful lot going forward...a couple years ago watching them i saw this coming...

the celtics have outplayed the heat the last 4 games...got to put the noose around the neck tonight at home...that place will be rocking

SpurzN703
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM

I'm not blaming the refs for losing the game but exactly how would you know it isn't rigged? You're a 76ers fan right? They haven't been deep enough into the playoffs for their fans to even have a chance to accuse the NBA of being rigged.

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
i definitely think the nba influences things as i've stated prior...but i also think that the better team over the course of 6 games won that series...period...the spurs offense in game 2 during the 3rd quarter may have been the best precision i have ever seen...but it was a lot of downhill after that...

the refs blew the whistle a lot on soft contact in that western final...totally different game than what we're seeing in the east...tony parker falling all over the place on the way to the rim and getting calls...durant catching and facing up and it seemed the whistle blowing...frustrating stuff but it went both ways

phinman1
06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
We all know the refs in the NBA suck. The consistency of calls, which is all you can ask for w athletes of this caliber flying around, is horrible. That being said, the Thunder simply wore the Spurs out.

They are a dynasty in the making, and I don't think either the Heat or the Celts can beat them.

Clipse
06-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm not blaming the refs for losing the game but exactly how would you know it isn't rigged? You're a 76ers fan right? They haven't been deep enough into the playoffs for their fans to even have a chance to accuse the NBA of being rigged.

I use common sense. Do you actually know what it would take for Stern to rig an NBA game? If it was happening, we'd know about it. NBA refs do a terrible job because they're terrible at their jobs, as well as the stuff outlined in Donaghy's book. There's no Stern sending out orders to make sure the Thunder make the finals. The Spurs played like ******* in the second half, and the Thunder capitalized. A couple bad offensive fouls I'll give you.

PhinsPhan11
06-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I use common sense. Do you actually know what it would take for Stern to rig an NBA game? If it was happening, we'd know about it. NBA refs do a terrible job because there terrible at their jobs, as well as the stuff outlined in Donaghy's book. There's no Stern sending out orders to make sure the Thunder make the finals. The Spurs played like *******, and the Thunder capitalized. A couple bad offensive fouls I'll give you.
Exactly, most of the time the better team in the series ends up winning.

Ferretsquig
06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Ratings must have been too high the last couple game 7s. Stern had to call in to the refs and get them to close this one out in 6 to keep those revenue figures down. Its all part of a grand conspiracy designed to limit the Spurs' ability to improve their roster after re-signing Duncan by lowering league revenue and in turn the luxury tax figure.

I can hardly wait to know who is to blame if the Heat manage to pull out the series win.

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I use common sense. Do you actually know what it would take for Stern to rig an NBA game? If it was happening, we'd know about it. NBA refs do a terrible job because they're terrible at their jobs, as well as the stuff outlined in Donaghy's book. There's no Stern sending out orders to make sure the Thunder make the finals. The Spurs played like ******* in the second half, and the Thunder capitalized. A couple bad offensive fouls I'll give you.

i don't think that series was rigged but do you actually think donahgy acted alone like the nba would like you to believe in the fixing games etc stuff??? the nbas got skeletons and there are many...

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
come on celtics send those whiny babies the heat home tonight...rise up and dominate

dreday
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo&feature=youtube_gdata

anyone who says the game was officiated fairly in the second half of this game is:
a) a Thunder homer
b) an NBA apologist who is so obsessive about their precious little league having perfect integrity (and there are many of those on this forum) that they will never believe that officiating impacts the outcome of any game, ever.
c)spurs hater.

the NBA is a form of modern mass entertainment, and therefore it has to constantly update and promote its products to grab the shorter attention of today's audiences.this is just how the business of NBA is being conducted.

i love the people in this thread defending the officiating. im just wondering what goes through their little heads when they see a game like this... like, is everyone just biased except them? they are the select few who can see through a string of bull**** calls favoring one team and call the game fair? just shoving their heads in the sand, enjoying the wrong side of history.

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 11:27 PM
dre if you think the spurs were the better team over the course of that series you're a homer...ok city by and large carried the play after game 2...

that was a beatdown tonight...done in single handedly by the best player in the league...lebron james wow!!!

celtics had their chance don't see how they win game 7 now...

dreday
06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
dre if you think the spurs were the better team over the course of that series you're a homer...plain and simple

that was a beatdown tonight...done in single handedly by the best player in the league...lebron james wow!!!

celtics had their chance don't see how they win game 7 now...

where did i say that?im talking game 6 second half...concentrate now...

dreday
06-07-2012, 11:31 PM
its going to be OKC/Miami like the league wanted all along...OKC will be champs...

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
its going to be OKC/Miami like the league wanted all along...OKC will be champs...

i agree with that...the thunder bigs and depth the difference...that and westbrook will murder the heat on the pull up etc...murder...the only thing that might hold that okc team back another year is their youth...

unless lebron james continues to stand on his head...and with that guy you can never say never

dreday
06-07-2012, 11:37 PM
i agree with that...the thunder bigs and depth the difference...that and westbrook will murder the heat on the pull up etc...murder...the only thing that might hold that okc team back another year is their youth...

unless lebron james continues to stand on his head...and with that guy you can never say never
that and westbrook will not be westbrick like in the spurs series.this youth thing is overplayed.they are primed and ready.they have already run through the old west.they wont be stopped.

good luck covering durant miami.

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 11:38 PM
that and westbrook will not be westbrick like in the spurs series.this youth thing is overplayed.they are primed and ready.they have already run through the old west.they wont be stopped.

they're not going up against an old team though...that said the heat better get them now cause that has dynasty written all over it if they can keep that nucleus together...

dreday
06-07-2012, 11:41 PM
they're not going up against an old team though...that said the heat better get them now cause that has dynasty written all over it if they can keep that nucleus together...

well they have beat some pretty good teams old or not.and miami as a team isnt necessarily that young.miami will also have not played a team like the thunder fire power in the playoffs this year.

im not sure how they afford everybody,especially harden and westbrook next year,but im sure they do what they can.

hooshoops
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
i'm guessing the heat will put lebron on durant...if thats the case i think durants gonna find the going tough...and lebron will still get his against durant all day...perk and ibaka will push around the heat bigs...bosh better hit that 15 footer cause they thunder will clean the glass and move people off the block on d...westbrook will be murder in transition and on the pull up...hell he'll be murder all over the place...he just has to stop trying to be a one man show late in games...give the damn ball to durant...thunder get solid play from fisher and even collison...very deep team...should be a great finals...forgot about sephalosha who's length on d and solid play on screens will be a difficult guy to score on for wade i guess...add in james harden who's game is uncanny with ginobili and wowzers...good luck

if wade plays like he played in this series i'm not sure it will go more than 5 games...but again its all up to what lebron does...that stuff was rediculous tonight...that 2-3-2 thing in the finals also is a big boost for the team with home court advantage...huge

Clipse
06-07-2012, 11:57 PM
i don't think that series was rigged but do you actually think donahgy acted alone like the nba would like you to believe in the fixing games etc stuff??? the nbas got skeletons and there are many...

Of course he wasn't alone. He even said so in his book, and I believe it. But there's a big difference in Stern rigging games, and refs fixing games. The better team won the series and it wasn't because of Stern giving orders.

Clipse
06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
where did i say that?im talking game 6 second half...concentrate now...

The Spurs jacked up jumpers the entire second half. That's why they lost. Stop crying about the officials. If they would of attacked the paint instead of settling for jumpers, they would of gotten calls and probably won. Instead, it was the Thunder who took it to the paint and earned calls.

Ferretsquig
06-08-2012, 12:04 AM
the NBA is a form of modern mass entertainment, and therefore it has to constantly update and promote its products to grab the shorter attention of today's audiences.this is just how the business of NBA is being conducted.

i love the people in this thread defending the officiating. im just wondering what goes through their little heads when they see a game like this... like, is everyone just biased except them? they are the select few who can see through a string of bull**** calls favoring one team and call the game fair? just shoving their heads in the sand, enjoying the wrong side of history.

Just curious.....were all the Spurs' championships won with biased officiating catering to the audiences short attention spans or were those the years when everyone was honest?

hooshoops
06-08-2012, 12:27 AM
i can't even watch game 7...i'll be on a boat in the carribean...can't see how the heat don't take it now anyways...go ahead and put me down for ok city in 6 over the heat in the finals...just don't think the heat can score with the thunder or get enough post o against them...ibaka is gonna be a problem especially around the rim on defense...

Funky Fin
06-08-2012, 12:34 AM
come on celtics send those whiny babies the heat home tonight...rise up and dominate

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/jameshaters-1.jpg

hooshoops
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/jameshaters-1.jpg

that pic would be a whole lot more accurate if wade was cropped out of it...but maybe he was laughing about his play in this series...i know i have been

dreday
06-08-2012, 01:04 AM
The Spurs jacked up jumpers the entire second half. That's why they lost. Stop crying about the officials. If they would of attacked the paint instead of settling for jumpers, they would of gotten calls and probably won. Instead, it was the Thunder who took it to the paint and earned calls.

dont tell me what to do biased 6er fan and dont ignore the video pointing out all the inconsistencies...show you a video stating facts and you still dont get it...

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Just curious.....were all the Spurs' championships won with biased officiating catering to the audiences short attention spans or were those the years when everyone was honest?

i dont know,were they?were fans complaining about how the games were called during those years.you tell me.

Ferretsquig
06-08-2012, 01:37 AM
i dont know,were they?were fans complaining about how the games were called during those years.you tell me.

You serious? You don't pay any attention to all the fanatics on the other side? I guess that's the benefit of being a fan.....you only see one team on the court and there are no errs in officiating when your team comes out on top.

dreday
06-08-2012, 02:44 AM
You serious? You don't pay any attention to all the fanatics on the other side? I guess that's the benefit of being a fan.....you only see one team on the court and there are no errs in officiating when your team comes out on top.well at least they were the best team in all their finals appearances,a huge amount of NBA fans would beg to differ about the heat in theirs.never said officiating had to be perfect,would prefer balanced.

so now heat fan wants to bicker about officiating in prior spurs championship series?now that's laughable.

Clipse
06-08-2012, 03:05 AM
dont tell me what to do biased 6er fan and dont ignore the video pointing out all the inconsistencies...show you a video stating facts and you still dont get it...

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Continue to make a fool of yourself. Makes no difference to me. OKC was clearly the better team in the series. I don't need a video from some biased whiny Spurs fan to tell me any differently because I watched the games. You jack up jumpers, you don't get calls. PERIOD. The Thunder had the balls to attack the rim and force the refs hand, the Spurs did not.

dreday
06-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Continue to make a fool of yourself. Makes no difference to me. OKC was clearly the better team in the series. I don't need a video from some biased whiny Spurs fan to tell me any differently because I watched the games. You jack up jumpers, you don't get calls. PERIOD. The Thunder had the balls to attack the rim and force the refs hand, the Spurs did not.

the facts are staring you right in the face.of course some whiny,casual 6ers fan doesnt need a video showing him facts,he'll only ignore it and draw his own conclusion.ball dont lie.did the spurs **** the bed the other nite? yes ... but its also pretty hard to compete when the opposing team receives an additional 13 free throws and other bogus calls.jordans bulls likely dont overcome that.any child can draw that conclusion.i dont know why you cant.

the only fool is one that argues with facts.if this is your only argument,then you surely cant win.deal with it.im not so sure why this is so important to you anyway.there are thousands who saw the game and a wealth of non spurs who watched it and said it was rigged,so dont tell me im foolish.i know what i saw.

hell even LAKERS fans calling me telling me the spurs got jobbed.i suggest you learn something about officiating before you come in here with this useless drivel.

Ferretsquig
06-08-2012, 11:17 AM
well at least they were the best team in all their finals appearances,a huge amount of NBA fans would beg to differ about the heat in theirs.never said officiating had to be perfect,would prefer balanced.

so now heat fan wants to bicker about officiating in prior spurs championship series?now that's laughable.

I'm not going to argue that officiating determines series. All I'm trying to make you aware of is how stupid you look.

Phoenix Suns in '07. Pistons in '05. Phil Jackson and the entire NBA in '99. You don't remember how ridiculous you thought their arguments were?

dreday
06-08-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm not going to argue that officiating determines series. All I'm trying to make you aware of is how stupid you look.

Phoenix Suns in '07. Pistons in '05. Phil Jackson and the entire NBA in '99. You don't remember how ridiculous you thought their arguments were?

typical response from your average everyday butthurt nba fan.you dont see how youve proved my point even clearer?SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT OFFICIATING.has there been?NO.its only gotten worse.

so with this this idiocy you just posted youve basically owned yourself about anything you have conceived about the spurs.

you can do better than that ferret.

PhinsPhan11
06-08-2012, 11:54 AM
typical response from your average everyday butthurt nba fan.you dont see how youve proved my point even clearer?SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT OFFICIATING.has there been?NO.its only gotten worse.

so with this this idiocy you just posted youve basically owned yourself about anything you have conceived about the spurs.

If it's anyone, you're the butthurt NBA fan. It sucks your team lost, I get that, but the officials didn't determine the whole series. The officiating in the entire playoffs has been lacking to say the least. Your team just lost to a better, younger team.

dreday
06-08-2012, 12:12 PM
If it's anyone, you're the butthurt NBA fan. It sucks your team lost, I get that, but the officials didn't determine the whole series. The officiating in the entire playoffs has been lacking to say the least. Your team just lost to a better, younger team.

not butt hurt at all.you dont have to be butthurt to point out ****ty officiating.look,the thunder are a great up and coming young team and i wish them well,but they didnt need the horrible officiating that occurred in the last half of that game the other nite.

case and point the officiating sucked.again,did the spurs **** the bed YES,but the officials didnt help matters either.im not going to ignore that.

PhinsPhan11
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
not butt hurt at all.you dont have to be butthurt to point out ****ty officiating.look,the thunder are a great up and coming young team and i wish them well,but they didnt need the horrible officiating that occurred in the last half of that game the other nite.

case and point the officiating sucked.again,did the spurs **** the bed YES,but the officials didnt help matters either.im not going to ignore that.
The officiating has been bad the whole postseason. You know I'm a Sixers fan. In their series against Boston there were so many calls that went the Celtics way. Was it frustrating? Absolutely, but you just have to hope that your team can play through some poor officiating.

I still think the Spurs may have one more run in them, but it's going to be tough with a team like OKC that's great and is going to be great for what looks to be a long time.

tylerdolphin
06-08-2012, 12:37 PM

To point out bad officiating? No you dont have to be butt hurt at all. To harp on it for a few days while calling everyone who thinks the Thunder would have won anyway (and they would have) butt hurt requires being a tad butt hurt yourself IMO.

dreday
06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
The officiating has been bad the whole postseason. You know I'm a Sixers fan. In their series against Boston there were so many calls that went the Celtics way. Was it frustrating? Absolutely, but you just have to hope that your team can play through some poor officiating.

I still think the Spurs may have one more run in them, but it's going to be tough with a team like OKC that's great and is going to be great for what looks to be a long time.

ehh,i hear you,but im not entirely convinced they,(the spurs)do,itll require a superhuman effort by the entire team.however i am amazed that they even made it this far.unbelievable effort from them old farts.:lol:the core is aging.btw,im not at all mad to say the least,but im not seeing any effort from the league to improve at least its officiating.

dreday
06-08-2012, 12:45 PM
To point out bad officiating? No you dont have to be butt hurt at all. To harp on it for a few days while calling everyone who thinks the Thunder would have won anyway (and they would have) butt hurt requires being a tad butt hurt yourself IMO.

its all good.ive gotten over it completely.my butt doesnt hurt anymore.:lol:

tbh,i really havent said too much about it.and the thunder may have won,but im not entirely convinced.it hink you may have applied this to the wrong post though.

SpurzN703
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM

I'm with you there. Yeah the refs ate ass when it came to some calls but it isn't like SA didn't have their chances. It is what it is.

PhinsPhan11
06-08-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm with you there. Yeah the refs ate ass when it came to some calls but it isn't like SA didn't have their chances. It is what it is.
They made their run, it just wasn't as far as their fans had wanted it to be. They still had a great season in my mind.

Clipse
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
the facts are staring you right in the face.of course some whiny,casual 6ers fan doesnt need a video showing him facts,he'll only ignore it and draw his own conclusion.ball dont lie.did the spurs **** the bed the other nite? yes ... but its also pretty hard to compete when the opposing team receives an additional 13 free throws and other bogus calls.jordans bulls likely dont overcome that.any child can draw that conclusion.i dont know why you cant.

the only fool is one that argues with facts.if this is your only argument,then you surely cant win.deal with it.im not so sure why this is so important to you anyway.there are thousands who saw the game and a wealth of non spurs who watched it and said it was rigged,so dont tell me im foolish.i know what i saw.

hell even LAKERS fans calling me telling me the spurs got jobbed.i suggest you learn something about officiating before you come in here with this useless drivel.

They received 13 extra free throws because your team was too scared the attack the paint the entire second half. That's the only fact here. It's you, not me that needs to learn a thing or 2 about this sport if you think you're going to get calls taking jumpshots. So, again, cry harder. You lost. To an obvious better team. :boohoo:You're making yourself look like a fool.

Clipse
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM

Exactly. People who could give 2 ****s about the Spurs are the butthurt ones. LOL. The Spurs lost because they weren't as good as the Thunder, period.

dreday
06-08-2012, 03:24 PM
They received 13 extra free throws because your team was too scared the attack the paint the entire second half. That's the only fact here. It's you, not me that needs to learn a thing or 2 about this sport if you think you're going to get calls taking jumpshots. So, again, cry harder. You lost. To an obvious better team. :boohoo:You're making yourself look like a fool.

please.only after they were forced to do so after ****ty officiating.and i dont give a good gawddamn what you have to say about it.keep praising crappy officiating kid.:lol:

dreday
06-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Exactly. People who could give 2 ****s about the Spurs are the butthurt ones. LOL. The Spurs lost because they weren't as good as the Thunder, period.

its obvious with every post you dont know **** about what youre talking about.LOL..there are our rival fans as well as spurs fans that had a problem with the crew that nite.at least theres one thing you cant dispute,i aint a liar...:d-day:

Ferretsquig
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM

I owned myself for anything I conceived. I'm all for liberties with the language but that's a new one to me.

I don't even know what your point is so I'm not sure how I proved anything. All I was trying to point out is that bitter fans blame officials all the time, whether it be fans of your particular team or those who opposed it. Whether there's any validity in the argument or not is personal opinion, one which I obviously do not share.

These guys have to make judgement calls in real time, and its not the easiest thing in the world to do. Go try officiating at some local rec league or AAU tourney or whoever will have you. People get hit under the basket all the time without it being called, players flop while not in the ref's line of site and he has to make a call, two players collide and again he has to make a call. I get the whole fan thing.....I've gotta put up with ******* parents all the time whose kids have never committed a foul in their lives. But so long as its a human making the call there are going to be mistakes that slow motion video capture will make sure to propagate.

Can't wait till the NFL season with replacement refs.......every fan is going to know their team could have won the game if it wasn't for that one pass interference or holding call that turned the whole game around.

dreday
06-08-2012, 04:57 PM
I owned myself for anything I conceived. I'm all for liberties with the language but that's a new one to me.

I don't even know what your point is so I'm not sure how I proved anything. All I was trying to point out is that bitter fans blame officials all the time, whether it be fans of your particular team or those who opposed it. Whether there's any validity in the argument or not is personal opinion, one which I obviously do not share.

These guys have to make judgement calls in real time, and its not the easiest thing in the world to do. Go try officiating at some local rec league or AAU tourney or whoever will have you. People get hit under the basket all the time without it being called, players flop while not in the ref's line of site and he has to make a call, two players collide and again he has to make a call. I get the whole fan thing.....I've gotta put up with ******* parents all the time whose kids have never committed a foul in their lives. But so long as its a human making the call there are going to be mistakes that slow motion video capture will make sure to propagate.

Can't wait till the NFL season with replacement refs.......every fan is going to know their team could have won the game if it wasn't for that one pass interference or holding call that turned the whole game around.

the point is man with all the complaining about the officials by its fans in this league called the NBA,(a PROFESSIONAL sports league mind you),with all the inconsistencies,you would think they would shore up a lot of the bogus blowing of the whistles.bogus refereeing by joey crawford included.and people have been complaining for a long while.then they wonder why the viewer ship is down these last few years.im not asking for perfection,but when its a PRO league,it should demand top grade from its employees.that goes for ALL teams,not just the spurs.

the league, in mine and many others opinions seem to get worse by the year or they pick their spots to be horrible.i realize theres probably absolutely no reason to continue pointing this out,but it is upsetting sometimes when it appears they have an agenda.

as for the NFL we can only hope for the best.

dreday
06-08-2012, 05:31 PM
to switch things up a bit,ive had a change of heart.i think the thunder are absolutely nasty,but i think ive gotten over lebrons "the decision",(didnt like the way he did it).

im going to root for the heat to win the title this year.please just do it.do it now.OKC will surely win some down the line,but let lebron get his first ring.

Ferretsquig
06-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I just think its hilarious how you guys all think you're so unique in your little tirades against officials. Go to a sports bar with a bunch of expatriates during the euro games and you'll receive a nice little education in how everyone is out to screw them over and keep them from reaching the finals, which of course they'd win easily if they could just get there. The officials are all out to get them......and the different nationalities of the guys making the calls is what really makes it entertaining.

I just see you guys as all the same person.....whether its the goofball dad at his kid's sporting event or Berlusconi screaming from the poshest seats in the house. Everyone knows everything is rigged against them......unless they win of course. Then it was all fair play.

The NBA is doing quite well in recovering from its doldrums. They struggled to recover post Jordan, but that was more because the play sucked.....who really wanted to watch the Spurs play the Cavs or the Nets? I don't blame people for tuning out of those series. The Lakers/Celtics have been a hit though, and Miami/OKC would be highly entertaining and draw in the viewers. Not that it really matters. If you think the quality of officiating is that bad turn the tv off and go do something a little more productive with your life.

dreday
06-08-2012, 06:27 PM
i definitely don't watch much tv...and def don't take the NBA that seriously,so its a push for me.definitely have more exciting things going on in my life besides the NBA and that includes the spurs.

PhinsPhan11
06-08-2012, 07:38 PM
to switch things up a bit,ive had a change of heart.i think the thunder are absolutely nasty,but i think ive gotten over lebrons "the decision",(didnt like the way he did it).

im going to root for the heat to win the title this year.please just do it.do it now.OKC will surely win some down the line,but let lebron get his first ring.
I would like to see LeBron win his first title for his sake. If he doesn't win the title it will be unrelenting criticism all summer. Still I think the potential Miami/OKC finals could be very entertaining.

Dolfan3773
06-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Rondo and KG can suck it, sore losers..bitch move. I have mad respect for Doc and Ray Allen.

PhinsPhan11
06-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Rondo and KG can suck it, sore losers..bitch move. I have mad respect for Doc and Ray Allen.
They have some class. I always respected Ray Allen, and Doc Rivers is a hell of a coach. But you and me can both be happy that the ****ing Celtics are gone.

SpurzN703
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
They made their run, it just wasn't as far as their fans had wanted it to be. They still had a great season in my mind.

One of the best seasons actually. It really is a ****ing shame it ended the way it did.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

What's making you so angry about this?

Clipse
06-10-2012, 08:36 PM
One of the best seasons actually. It really is a ****ing shame it ended the way it did.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

What's making you so angry about this?

I believe you have mistaken the angry one here.

LeBron vs. Durant. The final all of us really wanted. I'm rooting more for Durant personally but just hope to see an entertaining series.

PhinsPhan11
06-10-2012, 09:13 PM

LeBron vs. Durant. The final all of us really wanted. I'm rooting more for Durant personally but just hope to see an entertaining series.
I think it should be a real entertaining final. I have no rooting interest in this series, I just hope it's a close, competitive series.

SpurzN703
06-11-2012, 09:33 AM

Maybe not angry but you seem so defiant. OKC was the better team in the series, there can't be any disagreement about that.

hooshoops
06-16-2012, 12:22 AM
interesting that the thunder didn't get the damn whistle even at home...looks like this ones going to be a 7 gamer...still like the thunder...as long as the refs don't bail out the heat with some of those calls...late in the shot clock bail outs

CedarPhin
06-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Maybe not angry but you seem so defiant. OKC was the better team in the series, there can't be any disagreement about that.
Dude's angry at the world.

CalDolFan1014
06-16-2012, 08:11 PM
interesting that the thunder didn't get the damn whistle even at home...looks like this ones going to be a 7 gamer...still like the thunder...as long as the refs don't bail out the heat with some of those calls...late in the shot clock bail outs

What were the Thunder even doing down at that point to begin with? Hell, most of the game they were down double digits. You can't start a game 18-2 and expect the refs to bail you out with a last minute foul call down the stretch. As a matter of fact, one could easily make the case for Durant fouling out with 3 minutes remaining on a 50/50 play that was called a blocking foul on Battier. There were also several instances in the 4th quarter of Harden flopping around the court. Let's not act like the officiating has been one sided in the Heat's favor throughout the series.

hooshoops
06-16-2012, 08:23 PM
What were the Thunder even doing down at that point to begin with? Hell, most of the game they were down double digits. You can't start a game 18-2 and expect the refs to bail you out with a last minute foul call down the stretch. As a matter of fact, one could easily make the case for Durant fouling out with 3 minutes remaining on a 50/50 play that was called a blocking foul on Battier. There were also several instances in the 4th quarter of Harden flopping around the court. Let's not act like the officiating has been one sided in the Heat's favor throughout the series.

the calls down the stretch in the clutch have gone the heats way...and in the thunders own damn building...the only reason the heat scored in the 4th quarter of game 1 was cause of some lousy calls...a block call when collison was there and set on a wade drive to the cup for the and one etc...as for game 2 that 50/50 play where battier slides in late should be a no call play thru durant didn't come from the perimeter off the dribble all the way down the lane against a set player he took a power dribble or 2 and pulled up for the half runner and battier slid in under him shouldn't be a call there period...

battiers annoying as hell for the opposition with the stepping on shooters feet and the sliding in under guys but if he keeps shooting the 3 at the clip he has the first 2 games thats just found money for the heat...battiers been huge the first 2 games...

anyways you can't miss that arm grab and pull down by lebron on durant in the final minute...you just can't...officials 5 feet away from the damn play and blows it...just like you can't miss the rondo hit in the head down 2 in ot in the eastern finals...hell then the ref even missed the westbrook going for the board head clobber by lebron...just brutal officiating down the stretch...i can see the missing the loose ball foul with westbrook in the air but the durant miss can't happen...shouldn't happen...

i'll give you the hardin diving all over the place and flopping...but he's not the same level in that regard as d wade...who can't take a shot without going to ground or into the crowd...

durants shown the first 2 games that outside of lebron he may be the other superstar to carry the league...durants been sick in the clutch...i knew he was a deadeye shooter but i didn't know he had the off the dribble drive game and finish i've seen this series against a quality defending team...

CalDolFan1014
06-16-2012, 09:03 PM
It's the same song and dance from those who hate the Heat...blame the officiating. Referees have such a subjective job, there's no way they are going to make all the calls. Hell, I can count a number of calls that have gone against the Heat, but because they are so despised outside of their own state practically, fans are going to use any excuse for them when they win! It happens to EVERY team, not just the Heat. I'll never use officiating as an excuse for any of my teams losing OR winning...unless it's so blantantly obvious that my 89 year old gramma could've made the call.

Officiating aside, though, there's no one to blame but themselves for the Thunder stinking it up defensively most of game 2. Besides, if the Thunder are a much better team than the Heat, why have they only lead for 13 minutes of the total 96 minutes so far? If it weren't for a couple of 4th quarter droughts by the Miami Heat, the Thunder could easily be down 0-2 going to Miami. The Thunder have no business being down 16/17 points in the first, 18 in the second, 16 in the third, 14 in the 4th, and down 7 with less than a minute to go...especially in their own building! :idk:

hooshoops
06-16-2012, 09:28 PM
i'm not blaming the officiating...but the heat are getting the whistle...i guess heat fans can't see it...or they just won't admit it...slow your roll with the heat could be up 2-0 right now...the thunder made the plays down the stretch in game 1 where they more than deserved that win...they owned the final quarter...it's a split...as for the thunder starting slow that's been their problem all post season...you're right they can't afford it against a quality opponent like the heat and more importantly lebron james...guys just too damn good

scotty brooks needs to wise up and play the heat small...kendrick perkins has no place in this series...run with ibaka and more collison and keep sephalosha on the court for d on lebron in the 2nd half as much as possible...sephs the only guy i've seen give bron fits

fishers play was a let down in game 2 also...fell in love with his 3 point shot too much...first game where i haven't seen fish play damn well this postseason in a while...

hooshoops
06-17-2012, 09:07 PM
ha ha i'm behind the live game feed on the dvr have watched about 8 minutes of play and already the officiating is horrendous...the offensive foul call on durant on the perimeter catch where he bumped wade horrendous and before that james goes up on one side of the rim on a putback has his shot contested never releases the ball comes back down takes 2 steps to the other side of the rim and lays it in and these dopes call that a good bucket...rediculous

hooshoops
06-17-2012, 10:14 PM
and now durants picked up a 4th foul on some straight garbage...good job joey crawford you ass clown

hooshoops
06-17-2012, 11:14 PM
ha ha..thats a joke...one way to kill the thunder momentum which was seriously building at the time was to take durant out of the damn game...2 of those foul calls tonight were just straight garbage...

someone try to explain to me how crawford calls that blocking call with 16 seconds remaining...i damn well dare you...if anything thats an offensive foul as hardin was set and lebron drops an elbow in his chest...just more terrible calls...in the clutch...just give the heat the trophy david stern...you've tried to already all postseason...damn this craps a joke...how do you blow the whistle on that garbage...thats a one way call or no call all the way...joey crawford your a joke

d wade is the most overrated "superstar" i've seen in his supposed prime in a while...good lord guy lays down and whines every time he gets the ball shoots straight backboard breaking jumpers and other than leaking out and foregoing boxing out perimeter shooters hot dogs all over the place like he's legit...ha ha...what a downward trending player that guy is right now...sell high before others figure it out pat riley

hooshoops
06-17-2012, 11:27 PM
one more thing...how the heck does scotty brooks take durant AND westbrook off the floor together in that critical 3rd quarter juncture...i mean seriously scotty brooks is killin me...you had no damn scoring on the court...i guess he just knew the heat run was coming with durant off the court like anyone should have known would be the case but that lineup from a scoring standpoint with both those guys off the floor at the same time was terrible

CalDolFan1014
06-18-2012, 12:45 AM
ha ha..thats a joke...one way to kill the thunder momentum which was seriously building at the time was to take durant out of the damn game...2 of those foul calls tonight were just straight garbage...

someone try to explain to me how crawford calls that blocking call with 16 seconds remaining...i damn well dare you...if anything thats an offensive foul as hardin was set and lebron drops an elbow in his chest...just more terrible calls...in the clutch...just give the heat the trophy david stern...you've tried to already all postseason...damn this craps a joke...how do you blow the whistle on that garbage...thats a one way call or no call all the way...joey crawford your a joke

d wade is the most overrated "superstar" i've seen in his supposed prime in a while...good lord guy lays down and whines every time he gets the ball shoots straight backboard breaking jumpers and other than leaking out and foregoing boxing out perimeter shooters hot dogs all over the place like he's legit...ha ha...what a downward trending player that guy is right now...sell high before others figure it out pat riley

:lol: How's that soapbox working for ya?

hooshoops
06-18-2012, 12:49 AM
:lol: How's that soapbox working for ya?

funny stuff...you big damn homer...or maybe you just don't know what you're looking at enough to know when someones getting jobbed...i guess you should be glad you're on the end of it you are...

CalDolFan1014
06-18-2012, 12:52 AM
funny stuff...you big damn homer...or maybe you just don't know what you're looking at enough to know when someones getting jobbed...i guess you should be glad you're on the end of it you are...

:lol: Ok man, if you says so Hoops.

hooshoops
06-18-2012, 12:55 AM
:lol: Ok man, if you says so Hoops.

works for me...durant should not have had to sit with 4 fouls...that was the difference in that game...durants been getting jobbed...

CalDolFan1014
06-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Either way you slice it, it's going to be tough for anyone....let alone Durant....to guard Lebron when he's on a championship mission. Plus, you can't get expect to win very many games when you only manage 5 assists from your starters. Westbrook is jacking up shot like there's no tomorrow. And for a great FT shooting team, you gotta do better than 62 percent. They may have been ''out-FTed'' big a big margin, but if you make 90 percent of your FTs, you win the game. One thing's for sure the Thunder are going to be tough in game 4 though. They're clearly the desperate team and will want to avoid the dreaded 1-3 series hole.

hooshoops
06-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Either way you slice it, it's going to be tough for anyone....let alone Durant....to guard Lebron when he's on a championship mission. Plus, you can't get expect to win very many games when you only manage 5 assists from your starters. Westbrook is jacking up shot like there's no tomorrow. And for a great FT shooting team, you gotta do better than 62 percent. They may have been ''out-FTed'' big a big margin, but if you make 90 percent of your FTs, you win the game. One thing's for sure the Thunder are going to be tough in game 4 though. They're clearly the desperate team and will want to avoid the dreaded 1-3 series hole.

no doubt...and thats why durant can't pick up terrible foul calls like the offensive foul against wade and the chippy shot contest against wade under the basket where wade just flails and throws it up...that's also why imo the thunder should go with more seph on lebron...durants got to stay on the floor...all that said durant only "earned" three of those fouls yesterday...

hooshoops
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
it will be interesting to see how the officials treat durant tonight...get the feeling it will be with kid gloves but we'll see...they owe him thats for sure...imo tonights must win for okc...just can't see them pulling out 3 straight even with the final 2 at home if it went back to okc...got to have it

PhinsPhan11
06-19-2012, 05:53 PM
it will be interesting to see how the officials treat durant tonight...get the feeling it will be with kid gloves but we'll see...they owe him thats for sure...imo tonights must win for okc...just can't see them pulling out 3 straight even with the final 2 at home if it went back to okc...got to have it
For the sake of the game, I hope they call it differently on Durant. In the finals, I want to watch the best players on the court, not on the bench.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 12:32 AM
For the sake of the game, I hope they call it differently on Durant. In the finals, I want to watch the best players on the court, not on the bench.

i guess you could say they called it different against durant...but it was still horrendous...hardin got called for 2 awful fouls against james in the 3rd quarter where both guys were trying to establish position...my god shane battiers been doing more dirty crap trying to keep durant from catching or elbowing guys as they float thru the lane and getting away with it and they call that garbage...

even worse today they called 2 fouls in transition with james with the ball going to the basket where neither player and it was confirmed on replay ever touched him...one against collison when if anything it was against durant and the ref even said its not on you kevin its collison...i mean i'm sorry but if the ref is coming over and telling one guy its not you but him and the other guy never even made damn contact thats some shady ****...and then on another westbrook goes up but never even touches james and they call some bs on him cause durant is contesting...and people think thats on the up and up....bull****...thats the league telling these officials the durant needs to stay on the floor after all those bs calls the last 2 games...

i can't wait til they start using the damn flopping rule and stop letting these girls get away with this trash...shane battier should be called zamboni he's diving on the floor so much and wade...my lord

the thunder are frustrated now with the officiating and i don't blame em....the heat fans here can say whatever they want on their thread but anyone that reallly knows this game there knows they have a horseshoe in their ass and have all postseason pretty much...they don't like it i don't give a ****...

how bout the 3rd foul call on ibaka on a play where the balls on the ground pretty much and bosh goes to ground...my god there needs to be blood before you call a 3rd foul on that bs...

they can call this a soapbox they can call it whatever the **** they want i want the players to decide the series and its not happening...the officiating is making this finals with 2 terrific teams a joke...

i'm only on here talking hoops cause i'm a dolphins fan if not i wouldn't be here cause i don't think anyone should ever come on someone elses fan base board just to run their mouth but i'm also a hoops fan and i could care less who it is if they were calling the finals this rediculous i'd say my piece...

as far as i'm concerned the heat should they win and god knows the league wants it that way are nothing more than paper champions...they haven't earned it...they've been sucked off by the officials

CalDolFan1014
06-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Funny you and the haters are still going on about about officiating and fouls when...

1. The Thunder choked away a 17 point lead in less than four minutes!
2. Harden (their supposed high scoring 6th man) was nowhere to be found. (all series, mind you)
3. Chalmers and Cole are going crazy on OKC's D like it's nothing.
4. Durant pulls down a pathetic TWO rebounds and leaves Westbrook to do all the heavy lifting in crunch time!
5. LeBron James (12) by himself almost had as many assists as the Thunder (13) did.
6. OKC's pitiful 3 point shooting in the finals continues...3 for 16 in this game. That's 18.8 percent and
7. Well you all saw the boneheaded foul by Westbrook and the Thunder at the end of the game!

JCane
06-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Heat win: Refs are in on the fix.

Heat lose: LeBron is a choke artist.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Funny you and the haters are still going on about about officiating and fouls when...

1. The Thunder choked away a 17 point lead in less than four minutes!
2. Harden (their supposed high scoring 6th man) was nowhere to be found. (all series, mind you)
3. Chalmers and Cole are going crazy on OKC's D like it's nothing.
4. Durant pulls down a pathetic TWO rebounds and leaves Westbrook to do all the heavy lifting in crunch time!
5. LeBron James (12) by himself almost had as many assists as the Thunder (13) did.
6. OKC's pitiful 3 point shooting in the finals continues...3 for 16 in this game. That's 18.8 percent and
7. Well you all saw the boneheaded foul by Westbrook and the Thunder at the end of the game!

go back to your homer thread...if you or cane think that the games have been called fairly i'd rather not talk hoops with you...i don't expect any objective analysis

by the way those stats if you take it on a game by game basis and analyze the way things flowed in each individual game add up to dick

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Heat win: Refs are in on the fix.

Heat lose: LeBron is a choke artist.

nope...he's the best player in the league...been sayin that for a long time...bron has gotten a bad wrap...its him and bunch of pieces...at least this year...no one else is truly legit...but the refs don't seem to know that it seems...

ok cane i'm putting you on the spot since you came in here...you think the officiating in this series has been on the up and up...fair and square???

JCane
06-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Miami has attempted 103 free throws. Miami has made 85 of those.

Oklahoma City has attempted 93 free throws. Oklahoma City has made 69 of those.

Miami has attempted 10 more free throws than Oklahoma City.

That's five more trips to the line for Miami over the course of four games.

Miami has committed 77 personal fouls.

Oklahoma City has committed 83 personal fouls.

Miami drives and attacks the basket far more than Oklahoma City does.

I think I can understand a six-foul difference over four games.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Miami has attempted 103 free throws. Miami has made 85 of those.

Oklahoma City has attempted 93 free throws. Oklahoma City has made 69 of those.

Miami has attempted 10 more free throws than Oklahoma City.

That's five more trips to the line for Miami over the course of four games.

Miami has committed 77 personal fouls.

Oklahoma City has committed 83 personal fouls.

Miami drives and attacks the basket far more than Oklahoma City does.

I think I can understand a six-foul difference over four games.

that sounds like more bs...again i ask the games been called fairly in the finals...give it to me straight ...yes or no

JCane
06-20-2012, 01:20 AM
nope...he's the best player in the league...been sayin that for a long time...bron has gotten a bad wrap...its him and bunch of pieces...at least this year...no one else is truly legit...but the refs don't seem to know that it seems...

ok cane i'm putting you on the spot since you came in here...you think the officiating in this series has been on the up and up...fair and square???

I think it has been even. I think there have been calls that Oklahoma City got that they shouldn't have got, and the same goes for Miami.

But I think when you attack the rim the way Miami does, you're bound to get more calls. I'm pretty surprised that the difference in fouls isn't MORE in our favor. Oklahoma City settles for a lot of jump shots. It's HARD to foul Kevin Durant on a jumpshot because he's so long. Unless you tackle him, his release point is just too high for anyone to get up there and contest. So that's a wash. No one for Oklahoma City really comes hard at you. Wade baits a lot of defenders. Honestly, I hate that baiting **** but it works. What can the refs do not call it? LeBron is so big and physical...no one can stop him. When he goes to the basket, you can either foul him and send him to the line or let him score easy buckets. Teams really don't have much of a choice.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:21 AM
by the way that attacks the basket things is horse****...that sounds like something colin cowherd says when he talks about why the heat get the calls...then he says the best game the heat played this postseason was against the celtics in game 6 and thats garbage...that was the best game lebron james played...he put the team on his shoulders and said we're not losing...good on him...he's the man...

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

I think it has been even. I think there have been calls that Oklahoma City got that they shouldn't have got, and the same goes for Miami.

But I think when you attack the rim the way Miami does, you're bound to get more calls. I'm pretty surprised that the difference in fouls isn't MORE in our favor. Oklahoma City settles for a lot of jump shots. It's HARD to foul Kevin Durant on a jumpshot because he's so long. Unless you tackle him, his release point is just too high for anyone to get up there and contest. So that's a wash. No one for Oklahoma City really comes hard at you. Wade baits a lot of defenders. Honestly, I hate that baiting **** but it works. What can the refs do not call it? LeBron is so big and physical...no one can stop him. When he goes to the basket, you can either foul him and send him to the line or let him score easy buckets. Teams really don't have much of a choice.

even...you're full of **** ha ha

JCane
06-20-2012, 01:22 AM
that sounds like more bs...again i ask the games been called fairly in the finals...give it to me straight ...yes or no

This is what it is.

I knew before this series started that we'd hear this talk from people. I knew people would blame the refs and I've kept a spreadsheet with fouls and free throws because I knew I'd need it.

If it really was as unfair as most of you guys make it out to be, the discrepancy would be far greater.

Turns out, it's pretty even.

JCane
06-20-2012, 01:24 AM
by the way that attacks the basket things is horse****...that sounds like something colin cowherd says when he talks about why the heat get the calls...then he says the best game the heat played this postseason was against the celtics in game 6 and thats garbage...that was the best game lebron james played...he put the team on his shoulders and said we're not losing...good on him...he's the man...

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

even...you're full of **** ha ha

It's not what Cowherd says...it's the truth. It's what every NBA analyst says.

If you attack the basket, you're more than likely going to draw fouls.

True or false: If I drive the lane and attack the basket and go right at defenders, they're more likely to foul me than they are when I'm out on the perimeter shooting jumpers with a cushion between me and my defender.

That's absolutely true. There's no way around it. People who attack the basket draw a lot more fouls than jump shooters.

CalDolFan1014
06-20-2012, 01:29 AM
go back to your homer thread...if you or cane think that the games have been called fairly i'd rather not talk hoops with you...i don't expect any objective analysis

:lol: You're clearly the one doing the subjective "analysis" with your bagging on the officiating! Come on, man. Even you should be better than this. I gave you several reasons why the Heat took this game from the Thunder and that's your response??? "go back to your homer thread"??? Wow.

But hey, if you want to use the officiating as an excuse...fine, I'll go back to the Heat thread and let you wallow in your sorrows about the David Stern and the refs. But even the most casual fan can see that the Thunder are not playing like they've been there before. The Heat have been, they've felt the pain of losing out at a shot at a ring...and that's the difference. They've wanted it more than OKC so far.

Alas, championships AREN'T won with three victories. The Heat still will have to scratch and claw to pull off the most difficult victory of their careers. If the Heat do happen to pull it off, though, there ain't no amount of bashing the haters can do that's going to stop them from being recognized as champs. They will have earned it.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:31 AM
This is what it is.

I knew before this series started that we'd hear this talk from people. I knew people would blame the refs and I've kept a spreadsheet with fouls and free throws because I knew I'd need it.

If it really was as unfair as most of you guys make it out to be, the discrepancy would be far greater.

Turns out, it's pretty even.

if the calls are close it doesn't mean **** when all the calls in the clutch go one way...when the games tight the calls or lack of have been laughable...thatsaid durants been in bs foul trouble in 2 games out of the 4 and tonight it was hardin...2 fouls against james fighting for position or on the post catch can they let them play??? good grief...the wade stuff is rediculous...every shot he takes he pulls someone down or dives all over the damn floor and they reward him for that bull crap...i get it your a heat fan and as a dolphins fan i'm sure you're starving for a winner but lets at least earn it with the play on the court and not cause the officiating either takes the oppositions go to and best player off the floor or seems to miss calls and fouls when the games on the line...game 3 hardin is pressing lebron down 2 they let them play thru that but then when hardin establishes position on the side of james and it was clear he was there and bron drops an elbow in his chest they call that bs a block...bull****...its the damn nba finals 16n seconds left play thru dumn **** like that...and tonight...well the replays don't lie...guys getting called for fouls with no damn contact...the nba is all about runs and when you put guys at the line every time down the court in critical times you kill it...if its a foul then fine if its bs lets play on...and i've seen so much bs my eyes are brown

JCane
06-20-2012, 01:34 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/photo-1.jpg

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:37 AM
It's not what Cowherd says...it's the truth. It's what every NBA analyst says.

If you attack the basket, you're more than likely going to draw fouls.

True or false: If I drive the lane and attack the basket and go right at defenders, they're more likely to foul me than they are when I'm out on the perimeter shooting jumpers with a cushion between me and my defender.

That's absolutely true. There's no way around it. People who attack the basket draw a lot more fouls than jump shooters.

sure if you go to the basket you're gonna get more calls...no doubt...but the calls in this finals haven't been about that...if you think this has been fair well you're either lying to me or not sure what the rules are and whats a foul...or better yet what should be a damn foul in the nba finals for gods sakes...i would make the argument also that westbrook has gone to the basket every bit as much as the heat...guys rediculous down the lane...

PhinsPhan11
06-20-2012, 01:40 AM
sure if you go to the basket you're gonna get more calls...no doubt...but the calls in this finals haven't been about that...if you think this has been fair well you're either lying to me or not sure what the rules are and whats a foul...or better yet what should be a damn foul in the nba finals for gods sakes...i would make the argument also that westbrook has gone to the basket every bit as much as the heat...guys rediculous down the lane...
This was my one thing tonight. Westbrook attacked the basket relentlessly and ended up with 3 free throw attempts. I was surprised at that.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:41 AM
phinsphan you are a non heat fan...come on in here and tell me if you feel this nba finals has been called close to fairly...or if i'm off my rocker..

PhinsPhan11
06-20-2012, 01:46 AM
phinsphan you are a non heat fan...come on in here and tell me if you feel this nba finals has been called close to fairly...or if i'm off my rocker..
At times it has been close, but there have been other times where the whistles weren't even. I know I'll hear the numbers are even, but it just seems at those critical times where it's a close play, more often than not, the Heat will get that call whereas the Thunder won't.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:48 AM
:lol: You're clearly the one doing the subjective "analysis" with your bagging on the officiating! Come on, man. Even you should be better than this. I gave you several reasons why the Heat took this game from the Thunder and that's your response??? "go back to your homer thread"??? Wow.

But hey, if you want to use the officiating as an excuse...fine, I'll go back to the Heat thread and let you wallow in your sorrows about the David Stern and the refs. But even the most casual fan can see that the Thunder are not playing like they've been there before. The Heat have been, they've felt the pain of losing out at a shot at a ring...and that's the difference. They've wanted it more than OKC so far.

Alas, championships AREN'T won with three victories. The Heat still will have to scratch and claw to pull off the most difficult victory of their careers. If the Heat do happen to pull it off, though, there ain't no amount of bashing the haters can do that's going to stop them from being recognized as champs. They will have earned it.

i just meant i don't expect many heat fans to be subjective about this...homer thread just meant the heat love thread which is expected when you're on a miami damn sports message board...nothing personal...but i will argue til the cows come home that the officiating has been one sided in this series...and i don't agree that they've truly earned anything in this finals...imo in 2 of these games at least when the game has turned its been officiating that has driven it

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

At times it has been close, but there have been other times where the whistles weren't even. I know I'll hear the numbers are even, but it just seems at those critical times where it's a close play, more often than not, the Heat will get that call whereas the Thunder won't.

and has that been the case even in the thunders own building???

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:53 AM
and thats my whole point...in those critical times whether it be a 4th foul or 3rd foul on durant taking him off the court on some garbage or a loose ball foul where guys are competing for the rock or a one possession game the calls have gone the heats way...end of story...and those runs that are generated by durant off the court or those late 4th quarter calls and free points at the line or worse missed calls on the thunder offensive end decide games and series...

frankly i watched the first 2 games in the thunder building and came away saying the heat are getting the whistle on marginal stuff even in okc thats a bad omen for when this series shifts to miami...and its played out just that way

PhinsPhan11
06-20-2012, 01:54 AM
No is has not. There should have been a foul at the end of game 2 that would've sent Durant to the line. And what I didn't like is how in games 2 and 3, it was almost like Durant was being picked on. I know that wasn't the case, but he got so many cheap fouls in those games.

I'm not one of those people that says "the NBA is rigged", but in this series it seems the Heat have gotten the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

JCane
06-20-2012, 01:55 AM
This was my one thing tonight. Westbrook attacked the basket relentlessly and ended up with 3 free throw attempts. I was surprised at that.

I was surprised by this as well.

Kevin Durant though.

6'10. 7'4 wingspan.

One rebound.

Blame the refs.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

No is has not. There should have been a foul at the end of game 2 that would've sent Durant to the line. And what I didn't like is how in games 2 and 3, it was almost like Durant was being picked on. I know that wasn't the case, but he got so many cheap fouls in those games.

I'm not one of those people that says "the NBA is rigged", but in this series it seems the Heat have gotten the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

Durant could have also been called with a charge on Shane Battier.

Didn't go that way, though.

Not a big deal.

You'll never see me complain about refs because I know in the end there's a bigger reason for Miami losing.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 01:58 AM

thank you...i'm not as nutty as these heat fans think...that said if my c's were getting the kind of love the heat are in the finals i would absolutely admit it...the calls in this series are eerily similar for me to my c's when the lakers beat them in game 7 after perk got hurt...seemed the lake show got every call in the clutch home or road and i'm sorry but thats hell on wheels to overcome...

i know the rules i know whats a foul and whats not and i know when the calls are despicable and how they decide games in basketball...

PhinsPhan11
06-20-2012, 01:59 AM
I was surprised by this as well.

Kevin Durant though.

6'10. 7'4 wingspan.

One rebound.

Blame the refs.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Durant could have also been called with a charge on Shane Battier.

Didn't go that way, though.

Not a big deal.

You'll never see me complain about refs because I know in the end there's a bigger reason for Miami losing.
I'm not blaming the refs for Durant's lack of rebounds at all. He doesn't have the build to be down low banging for boards, but during the course of a game you would like to think he can get more than 1 damn rebound.

hooshoops
06-20-2012, 02:02 AM
how would the heat fare if lebron was taken off the court on bs the way durant has been in this series...i know how...they'd get their damn doors blown off

as for the durant should have been charge its not a charge when chalmers commits the foul in transition prior to the contact by pulling down durants arm...and frankly with the way battier goes to ground on anything why does the nba give him the benefit of the doubt...why reward him when he's laying out world cup worthy every time the ball comes up the court on the other end