PDA

View Full Version : Fire captain gets demoted after slamming remarks of Trayvon Martin's parents

BAMAPHIN 22
05-15-2012, 09:36 AM
A South Florida fire captain was demoted Monday after calling the parents of Trayvon Martin “failed, s---bag, ignorant, pathetic, welfare dependent excuses for parents” on Facebook.Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-fire-captain-demoted-facebook-comments-slamming-travyon-martin-parents-article-1.1078391#ixzz1uwetNMDE

GoonBoss
05-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Free speech!

:lol:

Yeah, I know what free speech actually means. I just wanted to be the one bleating about it for once.

He should get demoted for having poor judgement.

He may be completely right in his opinion, but that doesn't matter. Supervisory staff
is supposed to be able to see outside the box.

LANGER72
05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Sucks to be him.

MDphinfan02
05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
A South Florida fire captain was demoted Monday after calling the parents of Trayvon Martin “failed, s---bag, ignorant, pathetic, welfare dependent excuses for parents” on Facebook.Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-fire-captain-demoted-facebook-comments-slamming-travyon-martin-parents-article-1.1078391#ixzz1uwetNMDE

Truth hurts!!! Haha

cdz12250
05-16-2012, 08:22 PM
They ought to administer a common sense test before they let you get a page on Facebook.

On the merits of the whole fiasco, two idiots got together, one idiot had a gun, the other idiot's dead. We have equal opportunity idiocy here.

Valandui
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
The aspect of free speech that people seem to always forget about is that there are consequences to your exercising of it..

LANGER72
05-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Free speech!

:lol:

Yeah, I know what free speech actually means. I just wanted to be the one bleating about it for once.

He should get demoted for having poor judgement.

He may be completely right in his opinion, but that doesn't matter. Supervisory staff
is supposed to be able to see outside the box.

In other words, political correctness is alive and well.

LANGER72
05-17-2012, 10:06 AM
The aspect of free speech that people seem to always forget about is that there are consequences to your exercising of it..

I would like to respond to this, but I do not want to suffer the consequences...LOL

Vaark
05-17-2012, 10:11 AM
I can spew whatever kind of virulent, unsubstantiated, crap I want on Facebook, because I created an email for him and registered using my cat's name; this firefighter (incidentally one of the bravest professions I respect most) should have done the same :up:

As an aside I have a friend who's a firefighter in the city of LA who was dodging stones and other flying missiles when putting out fires during the Rodney King riot in So. Central. You can imagine what he has to say.

Valandui
05-17-2012, 01:22 PM
I would like to respond to this, but I do not want to suffer the consequences...LOL

The thing is, no one wants to take responsibility for anything anymore. You have the right to say anything you want. However, the guy you just hurled insults at has the right to kick your ass for it. Cause and effect.

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
[/COLOR]

In other words, political correctness is alive and well.
In other words, don't do or say dumb **** under color of the flag

ETA; Like Cowherd says........."What I want from a QB is the ability to make judgements."