PDA

View Full Version : Movies you wish you could un-see.

DisturbedShifty
05-16-2012, 03:44 AM
We are talking about terrible movies that you wish you had never seen. The three that pop in to my head right off the bat is Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, A Clockwork Orange and Skyline. I am sure there are more than that, but those movie were just terrible.

NY8123
05-16-2012, 08:50 AM
The American. What a ****ing horrible movie.

LordPicklewagon
05-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Midnight in the garden of good and evil (only time I have ever walked out at the theater)

Battlefield earth. Boondock saints. Jaws 4.

Just off the top of my head

Tunaphish429
05-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Planet Terror.
Red State.
Cool as Ice

Dude wheres my car- I walked out on this one..

Night at the Museum- Walked out on this one too.

DisturbedShifty
05-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Midnight in the garden of good and evil (only time I have ever walked out at the theater)

Battlefield earth. Boondock saints. Jaws 4.

Just on the top of my head

Oohh. Battlefield Earth is a good terrible movie. Also, Catwoman.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Spesh
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
The Scorpion King.

Wasnt expecting much, but my god man.

ROADRUNNER
05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Starship Troopers 2..............wow how bad was that, because the first one was the best (B) movie i have ever seen......

dreday
05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebfLWAB8bY4

id unwatch it 10 times if poss!:err:

Gonzo
05-16-2012, 02:10 PM
We are talking about terrible movies that you wish you had never seen. The three that pop in to my head right off the bat is Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, A Clockwork Orange and Skyline. I am sure there are more than that, but those movie were just terrible.

We have very different tastes then, because both the movie and the book were brilliant. :lol: Agree on MK: A. Avoided Skyline, thankfully.

Gonzo
05-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Any part of Blue Valentine that didn't have Michelle Williams naked. I'd also like to go back and unwatch it with my in-laws.

Vaark
05-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I agree with Gonzo about Clockwork being a timeless masterpiece. For me, what comes to mind is any most movie with Cameron Diaz in it after the fantastic Something About Mary... Leatherheads also comes to mind because I had high hopes given the film's historic football premise and a good cast of characters.. but it sucked with a capital "S"

Dolfan3773
05-16-2012, 02:39 PM
The Miami Heat celebration...telling the fans "we're going to win multiple championships"

PhinsPhan11
05-16-2012, 03:34 PM
RV. That might be the worst movie I've ever seen.

Spesh
05-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Forgot another movie that had to be added: Avatar.

finomenal
05-16-2012, 05:01 PM
The Miami Heat celebration...telling the fans "we're going to win multiple championships"

They never said they were going to win multiple championships, yet people keep saying it. Eric Reid said, "But we also know you three kings came down here to win championships. Not one championship...". And Lebron jumped in and said, "Not one, not two, not three...."

All pros do what they do to win championships. This is a prime example of media sensationalism. It's ridiculous. He clearly didn't predict the Heat winning multiple, he simply stated that's what he's here to do.

After that he even clarified it by saying, "We believe we can win multiple championships IF we rake care of business and do it the right way.". Yet somehow, amongst all the noise, it became, "Well, he said he was going to win multiple championships" and everyone just runs with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlzI2KIWrkI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

finomenal
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM
The Perfect Storm was he first one that came to mind

LordPicklewagon
05-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Omg. How could I forget Boat Trip with Cuba gooding jr and some fat guy

DisturbedShifty
05-16-2012, 06:19 PM

Agreed. Ferngully on steroids.

GoonBoss
05-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Tango and Cash

Except for Jaimie Gertz stripping.

GoonBoss
05-16-2012, 08:40 PM
We have very different tastes then, because both the movie and the book were brilliant. :lol: Agree on MK: A. Avoided Skyline, thankfully.

I agree.

Some of these choices are nonsensical.

Rule#1; No sequals. If it's a sequal it can't be a worst movie because it's a sequal, so it's inherantly got flaws.

I don't know how "A Clockwork Orange" makes a bad movie list...But, then again...I don't like the Beatles.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

The Perfect Storm was he first one that came to mind

Really?

I didn't think it was that bad.

Of course, it was "Backdraft" for Fishermen, and I was raised in a commercial fishing area.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

I wish I could thank you a hundred times.

Jesus CHRIST that movie was ****ing TERRIBLE!

Valandui
05-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Rules of Attraction.

LordPicklewagon
05-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Tango and Cash

Except for Jaimie Gertz stripping.

Agree. Awful movie along with Hudson hawk.

GoonBoss
05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Agree. Awful movie along with Hudson hawk.

I'd punch you right through the computer screen if I could right now.

Hudson Hawk is one of my favorite movies. No kidding.

I think it's ****ing hilarious.

Tunaphish429
05-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Hudson Hawk is a mad good movie..So is Blue Valentine..Tho I cant imagine watching it with my in laws...

Some of these movies are decent..

GoonBoss
05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Hudson Hawk is a mad good movie..So is Blue Valentine..Tho I cant imagine watching it with my in laws...

Some of these movies are decent..

I've never seen Blue Valentine.

I just went into Hudson Hawk expecting nothing...And I was laughing as hard as anything I've laughed at in a while
by the time I was done. It was supposed to be funny. I thought it was.

DisturbedShifty
05-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Not all sequels are bad. Empire Strikes Back and Return of the King are better than the movies they followed.

BassFin
05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Have to go with Avatar too. For such an over-hyped movie, it was garbage. Also saw the most recent Mission Impossible last week. That movie was bad every which way. Acting, dialogue, plot.... All of it was weak.

Valandui
05-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Not all sequels are bad. Empire Strikes Back and Return of the King are better than the movies they followed.

To be fair, they weren't really sequels, especially Return of the King. The Lord of the Rings is really one story that was split into three parts.

Spesh
05-16-2012, 11:27 PM

Batman Begins was a good movie. The Dark Knight was a brilliant movie.

crumpdaddy
05-17-2012, 02:26 AM
jason x...me and my best friend went to see it for some reason, guessing drunk. opening weekend and we were the only people in the theatre....btw i love boondock saints and hudson hawk. since we're not allowed to use sequals though ill use freddy got fingered...and my roomie purchased it on dvd for some reason

DisturbedShifty
05-17-2012, 02:38 AM
jason x...me and my best friend went to see it for some reason, guessing drunk. opening weekend and we were the only people in the theatre....btw i love boondock saints and hudson hawk. since we're not allowed to use sequals though ill use freddy got fingered...and my roomie purchased it on dvd for some reason
My thread, so squeals are allowed. Like I sated earlier, not all squeals are bad. Some are better than the originals.

Also, I think you have to be a twisted person to enjoy A Clockwork Orange. That movie was disturbing on many levels. But I have seen it all the way through, it's like watching a train wreck, once you start to watch it, you just have to see what happens.

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 03:37 AM
My thread, so squeals are allowed. Like I sated earlier, not all squeals are bad. Some are better than the originals.

Also, I think you have to be a twisted person to enjoy A Clockwork Orange. That movie was disturbing on many levels. But I have seen it all the way through, it's like watching a train wreck, once you start to watch it, you just have to see what happens.
Thank you for getting it....And me.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Next, get with rob19, smoke a little and watch "The Wall"

DisturbedShifty
05-17-2012, 04:10 AM

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

OK. I am confused. What are you thanking me for? The Clockwork Orange statement? Or the part about it being my thread?

NY8123
05-17-2012, 08:28 AM

I'm twisted then, I agree with Vaark and the others, love A Clockwork Orange.

I'll tell you another movie that is on my **** list: "Snakes On A Plane" Horrible ****ing movie.

DisturbedShifty
05-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm twisted then, I agree with Vaark and the others, love A Clockwork Orange.

I'll tell you another movie that is on my **** list: "Snakes On A Plane" Horrible ****ing movie.

LOL. That movie is so terrible it's good. The thing that cracks me up about that movie is that it demonstrates that Samuel Jackson won't refuse a role. Not only did he do the original, but he did the remake. LOL!

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 10:48 AM

HA HA HA! OH MY ****ING GOD! Freddy Got Fingered is ****ing TERRIBLE!

And that's coming from a Ric Mayall fan.

rob19
05-17-2012, 02:03 PM

I saw The Wall for the first time with a friend of mine on lsd whilst smoking. Was definitely interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0v07InoFiU

I tried to think of a movie I disliked recently but I don't really see movies too often, so the one's I do see I know it's something I'm interested in. I have to go all the way back to 2003 for Russell Crowe's "Master and Commander". I know it won a couple Oscars, but I thought it was boring as ****, and the guy behind me was snorting and smacking his lips as he ate an industrial size tub of popcorn. Terrible overall experience.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAaJRy2-138

tylerdolphin
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
The Killing Room popped to mind first. Seriously, **** Nick Cannon.

Also, A Clockwork Orange was a great movie.

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 02:39 PM
I saw The Wall for the first time with a friend of mine on lsd whilst smoking. Was definitely interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0v07InoFiU

I tried to think of a movie I disliked recently but I don't really see movies too often, so the one's I do see I know it's something I'm interested in. I have to go all the way back to 2003 for Russell Crowe's "Master and Commander". I know it won a couple Oscars, but I thought it was boring as ****, and the guy behind me was snorting and smacking his lips as he ate an industrial size tub of popcorn. Terrible overall experience.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAaJRy2-138

If you'd like to understand "Master and Commander" I'll explain it to you book and verse per your questions.

I didn't find it boring at all. I found it rich, and of the old Eroll Flynn school, while adapting modern sensabilities.

rob19
05-17-2012, 02:48 PM
If you'd like to understand "Master and Commander" I'll explain it to you book and verse per your questions.

I didn't find it boring at all. I found it rich, and of the old Eroll Flynn school, while adapting modern sensabilities.

Well I did see it when I was like 14 or 15, & I haven't seen it since. I'd also have to think the guy behind me had some affect on my ability to get into it. I might give it another chance.

GoonBoss
05-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Well I did see it when I was like 14 or 15, & I haven't seen it since. I'd also have to think the guy behind me had some affect on my ability to get into it. I might give it another chance.

I don't know that it appeals to the basic sensabilities of today's youth. I don't mean that in a bad way....I mean it in that I used to stay home from school once we got cable in rural North Carolina and watch "Captain Blood" and other pirate movies on WTBS. There was one on before Perry Mason and one on after. There was almost always a good movie on.

There is a characteristic about the movies, that I don't think people that haven't seen the old Flynn films just can't grasp. I don't mean it as a down.

X-Pacolypse
05-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Let's see. Here's a few off the top of my head. Gone Fishin', The Chamber, Ready to Rumble, The Shadow, and Bruno