PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush makes Nazi reference

Nublar7
05-20-2012, 02:35 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82937267/article/reggie-bush-deletes-tweet-that-included-a-nazi-reference

Miami Dolphins running back Reggie Bush was on the defensive Saturday because one of his tweets about a soccer match included a reference to Nazis.

Bush tweeted, "Shoot Drogba might even hit a Nazi chick tonight in Germany! LOL!" referring to Didier Drogba, who hit a winning penalty kick following Saturday's 2012 UEFA Champions League final between Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

He deleted the post a few hours later, writing: "Oh goodness bunch of sensitive cry babies on twitter! It's just jokes people send me your address and I'll personally FedEx you some tissue".

Sigh, this is probably going to be PFT's feature story tomorrow. Expect this to be blown way out of proportion. Bush shouldn't have said this, but definitely opens the door for the Dolphins haters to come out in full storm.

Valandui
05-20-2012, 02:37 AM
It's sad that this is news.

CallMeDaddy
05-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Wow, I actually thought it was kind of funny haha. The only thing in this whole article that should actually be news is if Drogba actually hit a nazi chick, that would be damn awesome and quite a site to see.

roy_miami
05-20-2012, 02:43 AM
"Shoot Drogba might even hit a Nazi chick tonight in Germany! LOL!"

What does that even mean? He's lucky so he's gonna pick up a german chick?

Is nazi the new N-word or something? I'm sure it'll get blown out of proportion because there isn't much going on right now and it'll be ridiculous if it happens.

fishfanmiami
05-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Great :oops: Better sign Miller quickly ... just in case.

ROADRUNNER
05-20-2012, 04:02 AM
God the world has gone soft.................

Funky Fin
05-20-2012, 04:46 AM
Wooptee-****in-doo. Grow up people.

(not reffering to those on FinHeaven, but the media lemmings)

fsuhunter
05-20-2012, 07:28 AM
What Bush needs to understand is that many Germans are as sensitive to the use of their version of the "N" word as blacks are. Could you imagine a famous German football player tweeting about a German scoring a goal in the US and tweeting "Shoot Schweinsteiger might even hit a Nig#& chick tonight in USA! LOL!"

I realize Bush was not aware at the time how sensitive the word was, but to downplay what he said (and worse belittle those that were offended) once becoming aware shows a lack of class and something the media should call him out for.

ryanosaur2000
05-20-2012, 07:40 AM
You know, I don't think the comment is such a big deal myself, but I do see it as yet another example of how Twitter is a pointless medium. I am baffled why anyone feels the need to make such inane comments in the public eye, I mean what do people hope to achieve by taking to Twitter - more celebrity? I really wish people can just stick to what they are good at and leave the jokes and/or political views to those who are qualified.

rob19
05-20-2012, 07:51 AM
What Bush needs to understand is that many Germans are as sensitive to the use of their version of the "N" word as blacks are. Could you imagine a famous German football player tweeting about a German scoring a goal in the US and tweeting "Shoot Schweinsteiger might even hit a Nig#& chick tonight in USA! LOL!"

I realize Bush was not aware at the time how sensitive the word was, but to downplay what he said (and worse belittle those that were offended) once becoming aware shows a lack of class and something the media should call him out for.

It's a little different in the sense that black people didn't choose to call themselves that back then, the Nazi party did choose to call themselves Nazi's. Nazi's also weren't exactly on the victim side of that whole ordeal in the way black people were coming to America. However, I'm not exactly sure what he meant by the tweet. If he was referencing all German women as Nazi's than yes, that's not a bright move, even if it was intended to be light-hearted and jokingly, but I honestly don't know if that's what he meant.

raving
05-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah but the German's cooked it themselves. So how are they now the victims? They stained their own national identity forever - what does that have to do with Bush or any body else?

I do not think your analogy holds water. I do not think that Bush said anything wrong.

In another world Bush would get a meddle of honor for such a statement.

twix2500
05-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Nazi and the N word to black americans is not the same thing. Saying a white slave owner is similiar to Nazi. The N-Word is equivalent to a deragatory word for Jews. I suggest someone does there own research not Reggie. "Shoot Drogba might even hit a White Slave Owner Daughter tonight in Alabama! LOL!"

MikeO
05-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Reggie will hear from the NFL on this one! Unacceptable language

fsuhunter
05-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Nazi and the N word to black americans is not the same thing. Saying a white slave owner is similiar to Nazi. The N-Word is equivalent to a deragatory word for Jews. I suggest someone does there own research not Reggie. "Shoot Drogba might even hit a White Slave Owner Daughter tonight in Alabama! LOL!"

Not a perfect analogy, but it is the same thing insofar as the average German is as offended by being called a Nazi as an African American is being called the N word. If you don't believe me, go to Germany and start calling people Nazis.

For the record, I was not that offended by what Bush said. But I do realize that other people are.

beanh8er
05-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Perhaps he was referring to a Nazi chick. Like an actual Nazi. Not just all German girls in general.

traptses
05-20-2012, 09:11 AM

I can't say I agree with this. I see what you were going for, but the Nazi's were a group of people. N***** is a slang derogatory word used against a race

Tyrion
05-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Reggie will hear from the NFL on this one! Unacceptable language
thats sarcasm, right? how p-fied have we as a society become? i saw comments on abovetopsecret abouthow will smith was being homophobic regarding the male sexual assault incident. they were saying how it was uncalled for. what was uncalled for was another grown man trying to force himself on another. I guess now if someone is trying to poke ur butt u best let them, because if u defend urself ur an insensitive homophobic gay basher. hey, i'm half chink/gook whatever i got a tiny wang and i can laugh at myself! woohoo! lighten up!

fsuhunter
05-20-2012, 09:20 AM
I can't say I agree with this. I see what you were going for, but the Nazi's were a group of people. N***** is a slang derogatory word used against a race

Nazi is a slang derogatory word used against a race (Germanic). Of course, there were and are still Nazis today. They are not the ones offended by the label. As someone pointed out above, maybe Bush was referring to ACTUAL Nazis and not Germans in general. Maybe, but I would not give Bush too much credit considering his response.

DphinBillkiller
05-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Groan! :crazy:

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Not a perfect analogy, but it is the same thing insofar as the average German is as offended by being called a Nazi as an African American is being called the N word. If you don't believe me, go to Germany and start calling people Nazis.

For the record, I was not that offended by what Bush said. But I do realize that other people are.

I think it's being blown out of proportion, but it was offensive, and not just to Germans. I work with Holocaust survivors that would likely fail to see the humor in it. How many players need to get in trouble for something as idiotic as twitter? Just stick to the "blessed day!!1!" and famous quotes tweets and everything will be fine.

Hawaii 5-0
05-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Not at all the same thing, the black people were the oppressed, Nazis were the oppressors. Most people would agree Nazis should be shot.

twix2500
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Nazi is not a slang, its a acutal a formal title. and Germanic is not a race. Hell Cubans are offended when you call them Mexicans. Yet Mexican is not a deragatory slang. But anyone will be offended if you call them something they are not. There are still people who actually identify themselves as Nazi.

Cleetus
05-20-2012, 10:24 AM
People only seem to get mad and upset when the word in question is offensive to their culture. So we have people here who say well it wasn't the N word so why are these germans so sensitive. I agree we are all too sensitive and need to lighten up but that includes whatever words are insensitive to your particular culture whether you are hispanic, african american, white, asian or whatever.

MrEd
05-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Profootballtalk is sponsored by NBC. So it is no surprise that this is news to rhem. Nothing more petty and ridiculous when it comes to race baiting than MSNBC and the leftwing media. Who gives a flying focker..

tylerdolphin
05-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Ive said worse :idk:

Locke
05-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Profootballtalk is sponsored by NBC. So it is no surprise that this is news to rhem. Nothing more petty and ridiculous when it comes to race baiting than MSNBC and the leftwing media. Who gives a flying focker..

:bobdole:

MikeO
05-20-2012, 10:59 AM
thats sarcasm, right? how p-fied have we as a society become? i saw comments on abovetopsecret abouthow will smith was being homophobic regarding the male sexual assault incident. they were saying how it was uncalled for. what was uncalled for was another grown man trying to force himself on another. I guess now if someone is trying to poke ur butt u best let them, because if u defend urself ur an insensitive homophobic gay basher. hey, i'm half chink/gook whatever i got a tiny wang and i can laugh at myself! woohoo! lighten up!

Billion dollar companies have an image to protect. And sponsors to protect. Reggie will pay in some way for his comments. It was unacceptable what he said.

Wildbill3
05-20-2012, 11:06 AM
no excuse for the comments, but if you think about it, we're getting darn close to the point where the word "nazi" for many people will have little meaning other than what we learn from history books. Now to a guy like me, my grandparents lived through that period of time, and so having talked to them, the word nazi still real a horrible connection for me. That isn't the case with some of the younger generation, and they don't understand why a word like that invokes such feeling, because they don't have that connection with the word. And that's when you get comments percieved by the majority as heartless or stupid. We're trying our best to keep history alive and to learn from the past, but when the history of WWII only takes up a couple of weeks in a highschool classroom, i'm not sure that many of today's come away from that with anything more than, "yea we wons so I could post idiotic things on twitter. america **** yeah."

miamimarlins
05-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Wow, I actually thought it was kind of funny haha. The only thing in this whole article that should actually be news is if Drogba actually hit a nazi chick, that would be damn awesome and quite a site to see.

I also thought it was rather comical, but I tend to laugh at those <gasp> taboo subjects. I don't think he realizes what his owner is though LOL

twix2500
05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Reggie Bush will not be fined, he didnt even use it in a deragatory manner. Some of you want classify the word Nazi equal to N-Word, Chink, Spic or Hymmie, that will never happen.

miamimarlins
05-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Go fins!

miamimarlins
05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Reggie Bush is awesome.

tylerdolphin
05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I know a lot of educated black people who would find that bolded quote extremely offensive and racist coming from a white person.

lolwut?

miamimarlins
05-20-2012, 12:03 PM
peace

tylerdolphin
05-20-2012, 12:12 PM
an attempt at using ebonics to describe what a young persons view on ww2. i don't recall "we wons" being used in standard english or even spanish dialects. wildbill doesn't live in south florida, clearly he isn't used to the diversity we have down here considering his residence is kentucky as stated on his avatar. i've got all 27 years of my life never living north of west palm beach. everyone gets offended by everything here except the only thing that matters THE MIAMI DOLPHINS! no one seems to really care about them here and that's what makes south florida pathetic to me.

Saying "we wons" isnt black ebonics in any way, shape or form.

miamimarlins
05-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Saying "we wons" isnt black ebonics in any way, shape or form.

alright broski i'm not going to argue with the forum bacon. i don't need anymore infractions. give me my ticket and i'll move along.

Nublar7
05-20-2012, 12:42 PM
alright broski i'm not going to argue with the forum bacon. i don't need anymore infractions. give me my ticket and i'll move along.

This forum bacon did some research and notices you already have a screen name. A pink screen name.

tylerdolphin
05-20-2012, 12:49 PM
This forum bacon did some research and notices you already have a screen name. A pink screen name.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/ISmLp-1.gif

juniorseau55
05-20-2012, 12:55 PM
It's a little different in the sense that black people didn't choose to call themselves that back then, the Nazi party did choose to call themselves Nazi's. Nazi's also weren't exactly on the victim side of that whole ordeal in the way black people were coming to America. However, I'm not exactly sure what he meant by the tweet. If he was referencing all German women as Nazi's than yes, that's not a bright move, even if it was intended to be light-hearted and jokingly, but I honestly don't know if that's what he meant.

The nazi party is a thing of the past in Germany today, and it is shameful to even mention the word nazi, and let alone refer as a non-nazi a nazi because they are German. Doesn't matter if the Nazi were victims or not. It it about the german people who opposed the Nazi regime back then, and people in within Nazi regime who were there in fear of those dark times. Once Germany rid themselves from that scum they began to grow again and extend the contributions in science for the positive of mankind. It just a weak metaphor of his ignorance toward recent American and German history.

twix2500
05-20-2012, 01:04 PM
The nazi party is a thing of the past in Germany today, and it is shameful to even mention the word nazi, and let alone refer as a non-nazi a nazi because they are German. Doesn't matter if the Nazi were victims or not. It it about the german people who opposed the Nazi regime back then, and people in within Nazi regime who were there in fear of those dark times. Once Germany rid themselves from that scum they began to grow again and extend the contributions in science for the positive of mankind. It just a weak metaphor of his ignorance toward recent American and German history.

So you are saying that the Jewish people need to stop writing books and talking about the Nazi Germans and what they did to Jews, so the Germans can move on??

fsuhunter
05-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Not at all the same thing, the black people were the oppressed, Nazis were the oppressors. Most people would agree Nazis should be shot.

Thank you for making my point. The fact that you and many other people think that "Nazis should be shot" is a perfect example of why ordinary Germans should not be labelled as Nazis (and perhaps why they take offense).

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 02:26 PM
So you are saying that the Jewish people need to stop writing books and talking about the Nazi Germans and what they did to Jews, so the Germans can move on??That doesn't fit at all. I've never seen a book written by a holocaust survivor that blasts Germany as a whole and equates every German with Naziism. The closest would be those that criticize (rightfully) the apathy and feigned ignorance of many Germans that lived in towns near concentration camps. That still doesn't equate to an entire nation. It wouldn't make sense considering how many Germans were killed at the hands of the Nazis (Jews, homosexuals, opposition parties, etc.).

He won't get in trouble for his ignorant statement, and he shouldn't. It was still a stupid thing to say though.

MiamiDolfan85
05-20-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82937267/article/reggie-bush-deletes-tweet-that-included-a-nazi-reference

Sigh, this is probably going to be PFT's feature story tomorrow. Expect this to be blown way out of proportion. Bush shouldn't have said this, but definitely opens the door for the Dolphins haters to come out in full storm.
anybody that follows Reggie Bush on twitter probably doesn't even know who Drogba is.....(I dont)

people need to grow up, this is not news worthy.

MiamiDolfan85
05-20-2012, 02:39 PM
God the world has gone soft.................
exactly....and considering America has nothing to do with the Nazi's, and Germany could probably care less about America or its famed inudstrial employees I just don't feel the need for this to be talked about.

If Reggie was just some guy that worked at AutoZone,nobody would give a **** about his opinion on twitter.

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 02:47 PM
exactly....and considering America has nothing to do with the Nazi's, and Germany could probably care less about America or its famed inudstrial employees I just don't feel the need for this to be talked about.

If Reggie was just some guy that worked at AutoZone,nobody would give a **** about his opinion on twitter.Other than the whole WWII thing and all the holocaust survivors that live here?

He's not a guy at Autozone, so like all celebrities, he should be aware of his vastly larger audience.

LikeUntoGod
05-20-2012, 03:07 PM

If Reggie was just some guy that worked at AutoZone,nobody would give a **** about his opinion on twitter.

There was a American Nazi Party for over a decade as there was a American Communist Party. (I'm a history nut, btway)

The way I understand it, people have twitter accounts because they want and expect a lot of people to hang on their every word. You do need to be a little careful and smart about what you say. But this is not a real story, it is a "TMZ" story. R Bush made a bad situation worse with his 2nd tweet. The first thing he said was dumb and he should be "twitter aware" enough by now to learn that you simply say that you are very sorry and it was a mistake and ask to be forgiven.

When you go to certain countries there are things you simply do not say, Nazi is one thing you do not say in Germany. If you are German it is a different thing. But even in Germany you do not see people going up and say" what up my Nazi?". It is in ways worse for them because many chose to became members of the Nazi party even though few understood they way things would go and the true vision of it's leaders. Most Germans had no choice after the NSDAP took power, it was like the communist, you became one or you are against us.

I give credit to the German people and government for admitting their mistakes, the Japanese never have. The Germans have also worked hard in stamping down people wanting to worship the 3rd Reich and Hitler while also going out of their way to show the mistakes they made. That is much harder then simply acting like it never happened like Japan does.

I say this about Japan because they killed, enslaved, raped etc more people then the Nazi's did, yet it seems that few people know about it. At least one reason being that while the Germans had Death Camps and tended to write down and keep records of everything they did, the Japanese did not. They used a lot of germ warfare and simply killed people on a wide scale.

Interesting fact about the Nazi party is that The book that Hitler got his ideas from was one written by Henry Ford.

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 04:17 PM
There was a American Nazi Party for over a decade as there was a American Communist Party. (I'm a history nut, btway)

The way I understand it, people have twitter accounts because they want and expect a lot of people to hang on their every word. You do need to be a little careful and smart about what you say. But this is not a real story, it is a "TMZ" story. R Bush made a bad situation worse with his 2nd tweet. The first thing he said was dumb and he should be "twitter aware" enough by now to learn that you simply say that you are very sorry and it was a mistake and ask to be forgiven.

When you go to certain countries there are things you simply do not say, Nazi is one thing you do not say in Germany. If you are German it is a different thing. But even in Germany you do not see people going up and say" what up my Nazi?". It is in ways worse for them because many chose to became members of the Nazi party even though few understood they way things would go and the true vision of it's leaders. Most Germans had no choice after the NSDAP took power, it was like the communist, you became one or you are against us.

I give credit to the German people and government for admitting their mistakes, the Japanese never have. The Germans have also worked hard in stamping down people wanting to worship the 3rd Reich and Hitler while also going out of their way to show the mistakes they made. That is much harder then simply acting like it never happened like Japan does.

I say this about Japan because they killed, enslaved, raped etc more people then the Nazi's did, yet it seems that few people know about it. At least one reason being that while the Germans had Death Camps and tended to write down and keep records of everything they did, the Japanese did not. They used a lot of germ warfare and simply killed people on a wide scale.

Interesting fact about the Nazi party is that The book that Hitler got his ideas from was one written by Henry Ford.

Well said, but I have to disagree with the Japan vs. Germany civilian death toll. Russian civilian casualties alone were between 13-20 million (depending on who you ask, of course) due to Generalplan Ost and it's organized genocide as a key tactic, as well as the horrible conditions of war there (famine, weather, etc.). That's not to lighten what the Japanese did to the Chinese, of course. The numbers in both instances are skewed by lack of records and both are flat out horrible.

I also agree about the second tweet being worse than the first.

Gsmack_42
05-20-2012, 04:27 PM

My guess is you have never been to Northwestern part of Idaho before.

PhinsPhan11
05-20-2012, 04:41 PM
This is what people get mad about? Grow up people.

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 04:44 PM
This is what people get mad about? Grow up people.

To be fair, I haven't seen anybody mad about it, at least not on here. At most, it's been simply that he shouldn't have said it. That's hardly hulking out about it.

Tetragrammaton
05-20-2012, 04:48 PM

It has been 67 years since the end of World War II. Most of the German population were either not born yet or not old enough to be involved in Nazism. So, your remark about them choosing to call themselves Nazis is misplaced. They are deeply ashamed of their past and want to move toward the future. So, unless there was a 90 year old Nazi in the stands, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

LikeUntoGod
05-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Well said, but I have to disagree with the Japan vs. Germany civilian death toll. Russian civilian casualties alone were between 13-20 million (depending on who you ask, of course) due to Generalplan Ost and it's organized genocide as a key tactic, as well as the horrible conditions of war there (famine, weather, etc.). That's not to lighten what the Japanese did to the Chinese, of course. The numbers in both instances are skewed by lack of records and both are flat out horrible.

I also agree about the second tweet being worse than the first.

A large amount of the deaths in the Soviet Union were on Stalin, not Hitler. If fact, I'd say that Stalin killed more Soviets then Hitler did. I think most expects agree that Stalin was responsible for 20 out of the 28 Million Soviet deaths.

Check this out, just saw a great show on it from PBS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_famine_of_1932%E2%80%931933

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
A large amount of the deaths in the Soviet Union were on Stalin, not Hitler. If fact, I'd say that Stalin killed more Soviets then Hitler did. I think most expects agree that Stalin was responsible for 20 out of the 28 Million Soviet deaths.

Check this out, just saw a great show on it from PBS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_famine_of_1932%E2%80%931933
I'm not entirely separating the two. Had Stalin heeded the many warnings about the German's intent, it could have cut those numbers drastically. Instead he used it as a foothold to build upon his own power, just as Mao did on the other side of the world (with his own huge set of civilian casualties a few years after the war). Still doesn't take away from Germany's (or Japan's) huge part in it.

Of course, the numbers are all wrapped up in politics and secured with a lack of record keeping on both sides. You are spot on about how Germany has handled it since. I couldn't imagine calling somebody a Nazi while in Germany.

rob19
05-20-2012, 05:26 PM
It has been 67 years since the end of World War II. Most of the German population were either not born yet or not old enough to be involved in Nazism. So, your remark about them choosing to call themselves Nazis is misplaced. They are deeply ashamed of their past and want to move toward the future. So, unless there was a 90 year old Nazi in the stands, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

You misunderstood me I guess, I'm aware that calling a German person a Nazi is an unflattering term. I just think his example wasn't great because Nazi is a political offiliation and ****** is a racial slur. I think a better example would have been if he had said "Hey Drogba just might even hit a communist chick tonight in Russia! LOL", obviously Nazi carries a much heavier tone but you get the idea. That's all I was trying to say, of course implying all German's are Nazi's is an ignorant thing.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

& btw I guess you misread but I didn't say German people chose to call themselves Nazi's, I said NAZI'S chose to call themselves Nazi's.

cdz12250
05-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Look. These are jocks. They're not diplomats. They've been going around saying insensitive crap since I can remember, and I'm pretty old. The only difference is thay now we can all overhear what they say on Twitter. If the ambassador to the Empire of Japan had said that maybe an American player for the Yomiuri Giants can shag a Jap chick tonight, I could see the donnybrook. As it is, big deal.

twix2500
05-20-2012, 06:27 PM
That doesn't fit at all. I've never seen a book written by a holocaust survivor that blasts Germany as a whole and equates every German with Naziism. The closest would be those that criticize (rightfully) the apathy and feigned ignorance of many Germans that lived in towns near concentration camps. That still doesn't equate to an entire nation. It wouldn't make sense considering how many Germans were killed at the hands of the Nazis (Jews, homosexuals, opposition parties, etc.).

He won't get in trouble for his ignorant statement, and he shouldn't. It was still a stupid thing to say though.

Where are you getting any one said all of Germany are Nazi's??? Why do people who just want to be mad at someone start adding assumption to someone thoughts. He said a nazi girl in germany, if i said a latin girl in America it does not mean all of america is latin. Your implying a lot more to his comment than what he is saying.

Simply Bush said the guy may even knock up a nazi girl in germany. It could of been a buddist girl in China, or a mormon girl in Utah. a voodoo girl in Hati, a crypt girl in LA. Your making a whole lot of implications. Reggie Bush didnt put down a whole country with that joke.

AdamC13
05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Hmmm..."freedom of speech" doesn't apply to twitter?

I am much more concerned about his second twit...doesn't Reggie know that most of us Dolphin fans that hang out on forums are cry babies? I feel personally attacked by that twit!!!

NBP81
05-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Season cant start soon enough... We're talking about (Im not going to say the word because it seems to rub people the wrong way) in a Miami Dolphins football forum... 6 pages!

tay0365
05-20-2012, 06:45 PM

Oh Boy!!! :bobdole:

tcdrover
05-20-2012, 06:52 PM
I always liked this quote by Mae West,

"People who are easily offended should be offended more often."

Don't know exactly when it was, sometime aroung Y2K, when things got so backwards and confused. Children get arrested, charged and tasered now, & just about ANYTHING can land you in jail. There is a whole lot more than just the economy that is screwed up.

Wildbill3
05-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Where are you getting any one said all of Germany are Nazi's??? Why do people who just want to be mad at someone start adding assumption to someone thoughts. He said a nazi girl in germany, if i said a latin girl in America it does not mean all of america is latin. Your implying a lot more to his comment than what he is saying.

Simply Bush said the guy may even knock up a nazi girl in germany. It could of been a buddist girl in China, or a mormon girl in Utah. a voodoo girl in Hati, a crypt girl in LA. Your making a whole lot of implications. Reggie Bush didnt put down a whole country with that joke.find me one girl in germany who claims to be a nazi.

LikeUntoGod
05-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm not entirely separating the two. Had Stalin heeded the many warnings about the German's intent, it could have cut those numbers drastically. Instead he used it as a foothold to build upon his own power, just as Mao did on the other side of the world (with his own huge set of civilian casualties a few years after the war). Still doesn't take away from Germany's (or Japan's) huge part in it.

Of course, the numbers are all wrapped up in politics and secured with a lack of record keeping on both sides. You are spot on about how Germany has handled it since. I couldn't imagine calling somebody a Nazi while in Germany.

He knew everything about Germany's intent, they planned it together.

Look into the Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact otherwise known as the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact.

"Publicly, this agreement stated that the two countries - Germany and the Soviet Union - would not attack each other. If there were ever a problem between the two countries, it was to be handled amicably. The pact was supposed to last for ten years; it lasted for less than two.
What was meant by the terms of the pact was that if Germany attacked Poland, then the Soviet Union would not come to its aid. Thus, if Germany went to war against the West (especially France and Great Britain) over Poland, the Soviets were guaranteeing that they would not enter the war; thus not open a second front for Germany.

In addition to this agreement, Ribbentrop and Molotov added a secret protocol onto the pact - a secret addendum whose existence was denied by the Soviets until 1989.

The Secret Protocol

The secret protocol held an agreement between the Nazis and Soviets that greatly affected Eastern Europe. For the Soviets for agreeing to not join the possible future war, Germany was giving the Soviets the Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania).

Poland was also to be divided between the two - along the Narew, Vistula, and San rivers.

The new territories gave the Soviet Union the buffer (in land) that it wanted to feel safe from an invasion from the West. It would need that buffer in 1941.

Impacts of the Pact

When the Nazis attacked Poland in the morning on September 1, 1939, the Soviets stood by and watched. Two days later, the British declared war on Germany and World War II had begun. On September 17, the Soviets rolled into eastern Poland to occupy their "sphere of influence" designated in the secret protocol.

Because of the Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, the Soviets did not join the fight against Germany, thus Germany was successful it its attempt to safeguard itself from a two-front war.

The Nazis and the Soviets kept the terms of the pact and the protocol until Germany's surprise attack and invasion of the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941."

http://history1900s.about.com/od/worldwarii/a/nonaggression.htm

Most people can tell you that WW2 started when Germany invaded Poland, amazingly, few people know that the Soviets invaded Poland 16 days later after the Germans had done most of the fighting.

The Soviets in Poland were almost as bad as the Nazis.

"The Soviet used the same process of subjugation used against their own citizens especially deportation. In 1940 and the first half of 1941, the Soviets deported more than 1,500,000 Poles, most in four mass deportations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_transfer_in_the_Soviet_Union). The first deportation took place 10 February 1940, with more than 220,000 sent to northern European Russia; the second on 13–15 April 1940, sending 300,000 to 330,000 primarily to Kazakhstan; a third wave in June–July 1940 totaled more than 240,000 perhaps 400,000; the fourth occurred in June, 1941, deporting 200,000. The fourth wave contained a large number of children. Upon resumption of Polish-Soviet diplomatic relations in 1941, it was determined based on Soviet information that more than 760,000 of the deportees had died—a large part of those dead being children, who had comprised about a third of deportees.Katyn is one notorious massacre by the NKVD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD). The Katyn Forest is the site where 4,443 were murdered by the Soviets. Most were reserve Polish officers including political leaders, government officials, and intellectuals The name Katyn is now associated with the systematic execution of up to 21,768 Polish citizens.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_crimes_in_Poland#cite_note-Stachura0-31)Torture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture) was used on a wide scale in various prisons, especially those in small towns. Prisoners were scalded with boiling water in Bobrka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibrka); in Przemyslany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przemyslany), people had their noses, ears, and fingers cut off and eyes put out; in Czortkow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czortkow), female inmates had their breasts cut off; and in Drohobycz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drohobycz), victims were bound together with barbed wire. "

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_crimes_in_Poland#cite_note-Stachura0-31)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

This mass murder of Polish Army officers was blamed on the Nazi. I'm not in any way making excuses for the Nazis, they were so evil it cannot be measured. But my Father was Lithuanian. The Soviets deported a million people from the three Baltic states and moved Russians there to take their land to destroy those nations.

As the Soviets beat back the Germans, NKVD task forces(Death Squads) followed the Red Army to remove "Soviet-hostile elements" from the conquered territories. The Soviets even imprisoned millions of their own soldiers that were captured during the war. Stalin helped start WW2 and then only got into it when they were attacked. Before that, they were very happy to set out of it while Stalin was killing millions of his own people. The reason that the Soviet army was not ready for the German attack was the huge amount of his own officers that Stalin had killed in the years before the Germans attacked.

The Nazi evil lasted 6-7 years, the Soviet one lasted 80-90 years.

It bugs me that while everyone knows about how bad the Nazi were, the Japanese and the Soviets get a pass.

P.S. The US and other Allies lost 1000's about 1000's of servicemen keeping the Soviet war machine going taking convoys through the dangerous northern seas. Yet few Soviets ever knew about it, all of our tanks, planes, food etc were relabeled before anyone got to see them.

P.O.S. The Soviets LOVED Spam, but during or after the war if they admitted it, they were sent to prison camps.

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 07:50 PM

Simply Bush said the guy may even knock up a nazi girl in germany. It could of been a buddist girl in China, or a mormon girl in Utah. a voodoo girl in Hati, a crypt girl in LA. Your making a whole lot of implications. Reggie Bush didnt put down a whole country with that joke.
Who's mad (other than apparently you)? Find me the post where I state that I am mad or even personally offended at what he said. Find me one post in here where anybody was actually mad at what he said. Why does everything have to be an extreme? Just because I think it was a dumb comment to make means I'm "mad?" :lol: Please.

And please stop comparing apples and oranges. If you can't see the difference between what he said and the completely different situations you compare it to, you need to gain some knowledge regarding the rest of the world, because the ignorance is blinding. Head on over to Germany and see if calling a random German a nazi will get the same response as calling a random girl in Utah a Mormon.

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Hmmm..."freedom of speech" doesn't apply to twitter?

I am much more concerned about his second twit...doesn't Reggie know that most of us Dolphin fans that hang out on forums are cry babies? I feel personally attacked by that twit!!!How does it not? Has he been arrested? No. He has the right to say stupid stuff on twitter and we have the same exact right to say it was a stupid thing to say. That's how "free speech" works. People toss that term around without knowing what it means apparently.

And again, the only people I see freaking out about it are the ones that are pretending that anybody is actually angry about it. Freaking out about non-existant freaking out :lol: Please, find me one post, just ONE post in here where people are freaking out and angry. For the most part it's been a simple conversation about saying dumb things on twitter and a discussion about history and national identity. Not a single person has been angry.

whizafriz
05-20-2012, 08:14 PM
This will be a huge deal tomorrow, then be nothing in a week.
As usual.

ryanosaur2000
05-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I think this thread needs to be moved to the "politics" area at this stage. We are getting lectures on European history/sociology now on an NFL fansite, and that is a bit rich for my blood. I can't wait to see Warren Sapp tweet about the EU fiscal pact.

Gonzo
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I think this thread needs to be moved to the "politics" area at this stage. We are getting lectures on European history/sociology now on an NFL fansite, and that is a bit rich for my blood. I can't wait to see Warren Sapp tweet about the EU fiscal pact.

Offseason. Not much else to talk about, unless somebody has some interesting input on the contracts of our late round picks. :lol:

number1fin
05-20-2012, 10:06 PM
So let me get this straight, Reggie Bush implying that a Nazi girl may indeed still exist in Germany is offensive?

Yet, making jokes and comparing Nick Saban's war room to Hitler's is totally acceptable, right?

Oh how I love people!

NY8123
05-20-2012, 10:08 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Further proof that the world needs a universal sarcasm font for social media boards. If Tosh made this comment not one thing would be said about it.

SpurzN703
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Never heard of Drogba nor do I care about soccer. Man is the NFL boring as hell in May

twix2500
05-20-2012, 10:42 PM
find me one girl in germany who claims to be a nazi.

Come with me and i will find you one. Hell i can take you to Indiana and find you one lol. If you think they dont still exist then you are totally clueless on the situation. All you have to do is believe in it, just like believing in Republicans ideology.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/npd_1355810c-1.jpgA skinhead supporter of the rightwing German National Democratic Party, NPD Photo: AP

By Allan Hall in Berlin

2:49PM GMT 26 Feb 2009

Uwe Luthardt was a senior member of the NPD but quit to inform on the party which Germany tried unsuccessfully to ban several years ago.

He told of weapons stores and how members greet each other with "Heil Hitler" salutes, sing the banned songs of the Third Reich and relish the idea of a new Holocaust against the Jews.

Last year neo-Nazi attacks in Germany reached an all-time high and authorities are battling to stop youngsters from being attracted to every day.the politics of the right – particularly now that Germany is in a deep recession and jobs are being lost by the thousands

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/4839116/Neo-Nazis-plotting-Fourth-Reich-in-Germany.html

silverfin
05-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Somebody should inform Reggie that Didier has a wife. :up: Seriously though there's only uproar because Reggie is a well known celebrity.

On a side note, and completely off-topic, anyone ever notice the little arrow in the word FedEx :woot:

RoDolphin
05-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Now i know two Bush=Idiots

NYPhinzFan
05-21-2012, 12:40 AM
This is sad as I always saw Reggie as one of the smart ones. He was watching the game (as I heard he's a big Soccer fan) and got too excited. I screamed when Drogba scored, and my 3 month old nearly jumped out of his skin, then started crying, so I know why Reggie got so excited. However, he should've known better than that. He has far too much to lose to make such a boneheaded joke. Though I myself understands what he was saying, it just wasn't appropriate. It reminds me of the "chink in the armor" headline the Daily News took heat for in regards to Jeremy Lin.

Some compare it to using the "N" word, but being African American myself, I don't quite agree. This is more of mentioning a word that's the black eye of a nation. It's more of a taboo line being crossed. I think people are taking it too far when they mention that holocaust survivors are hurt by that word. So should we ban it from the dictionary? Reggie was simply saying that Didier Drogba (an African) who scored the winning goal, will be so popular after this that EVEN a Nazi woman (i.e. one believing they are of the master race and would ordinarily never have relations with an African man) would sleep with him. He wasn't calling all German women Nazis. But the media will sensationalize anything for a story, and Reggie knows this, which is what made the comment not smart.

juniorseau55
05-21-2012, 01:41 AM
So you are saying that the Jewish people need to stop writing books and talking about the Nazi Germans and what they did to Jews, so the Germans can move on??

There is no political correctness in this subject. Why bother going the extra mile to argue for the arguments sake.

JCane
05-21-2012, 01:59 AM
I wish a Jets player would have said this so that I could read comments from all of you about what an idiot that player is and how we should burn him at the stake.

Instead, it's no big deal and blown out of proportion.

DolfanDuBbZ~
05-21-2012, 02:31 AM
I really don't see the big deal. When you have one of the major political parties (democrats) constantly comparing the other (republicans) to Nazi's, this seems abit over board IMO.

And if German's are over sensitive to the use of the word or comparisions, maybe they should sit back and think about the Jews before crying foul.

DolfanDuBbZ~
05-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Come with me and i will find you one. Hell i can take you to Indiana and find you one lol. If you think they dont still exist then you are totally clueless on the situation. All you have to do is believe in it, just like believing in Republicans ideology.

Should take your political swipes in the political forum. Some place where you can spew the ignorance that is now on display.

tylerdolphin
05-21-2012, 06:53 AM
I wish a Jets player would have said this so that I could read comments from all of you about what an idiot that player is and how we should burn him at the stake.

Instead, it's no big deal and blown out of proportion.

I just say its petty and blown out of proportion because Im more or less unoffendable I think.

JCane
05-21-2012, 07:33 AM
I just say its petty and blown out of proportion because Im more or less unoffendable I think.

Personally, I feel the same way. I don't care what he says on the Twatter.

Gonzo
05-21-2012, 07:44 AM
This is sad as I always saw Reggie as one of the smart ones. He was watching the game (as I heard he's a big Soccer fan) and got too excited. I screamed when Drogba scored, and my 3 month old nearly jumped out of his skin, then started crying, so I know why Reggie got so excited. However, he should've known better than that. He has far too much to lose to make such a boneheaded joke. Though I myself understands what he was saying, it just wasn't appropriate. It reminds me of the "chink in the armor" headline the Daily News took heat for in regards to Jeremy Lin.

Some compare it to using the "N" word, but being African American myself, I don't quite agree. This is more of mentioning a word that's the black eye of a nation. It's more of a taboo line being crossed. I think people are taking it too far when they mention that holocaust survivors are hurt by that word. So should we ban it from the dictionary? Reggie was simply saying that Didier Drogba (an African) who scored the winning goal, will be so popular after this that EVEN a Nazi woman (i.e. one believing they are of the master race and would ordinarily never have relations with an African man) would sleep with him. He wasn't calling all German women Nazis. But the media will sensationalize anything for a story, and Reggie knows this, which is what made the comment not smart.You are dead wrong about that. They aren't "hurt" by it, they're offended by how lightly it's taken when other people toss the term around like it's nothing. It's not even close to the same thing as the "N" word. Not all offensive terms are offensive for the same reasons.

It was a dumb comment. Should he be punished in anyway for it? No. It was just dumb and showed he's clueless about other countries. That just makes him like about 80% of Americans and certainly doesn't make him a stupid person. It's only a "big deal" because there's literally nothing else to talk about right now, and even then it's only light conversation outside of the occasional false freak out about how everybody's going crazy over it (which they aren't). Nobody is angry, nobody is freaking out. Nobody is going to burn Bush in effigy.

I think his second tweet was a little worse.

JayAngel
05-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Ahhh twitter/facebook. Drink one too many and it's just so easy dropping a bomb on social media thinking it will be well-received by everyone. I can do it Reggie, cause my friends are other self-indulging buttholes but none of them really care what I say. But everyone is reading your brain farts, examining them through a microscope, too. He should have known better, and the team will likely distance itself from it.

He really messed up, though. Especially afterwards when he hints that being offended over the German-Nazi connection is stupid. He comes off as really insensitive.

Pimento13
05-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I think this is funny!!!! i love how people take things and turn them around to try to make something bad out of it!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

I think this is funny!!!!!

NY8123
05-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Personally, I feel the same way. I don't care what he says on the Twatter.

I really don't give a twit either.

LikeUntoGod
05-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I think his second tweet was a little worse.

Exactly.

He should be smarter then this but I've always wondered about Bush. He really thinks he is a star when he needs to become a good NFL running back. I think someone got him to understand that and he is now trying harder.

Here is a guy that took more money in college then the entire UM football team and lost his Heisman. Kim Kardashian broke up with him and he started dating a Kim Kardashain look aline which i found very weird.

LikeUntoGod
05-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Now i know two Bush=Idiots

Are you leaving out Bush senior?

SR 7
05-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Why is anyone surprised? Most of the time, when someone like him makes a comment about another race, we can't take jokes if we get offended, but "IF" we make a joke about a black man, we are racist, abusive, and the list goes on and on. If someone said such a comment about BLacks, there would be a lawsuit already in order.

DolfanDuBbZ~
05-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Ahhh twitter/facebook. Drink one too many and it's just so easy dropping a bomb on social media thinking it will be well-received by everyone. I can do it Reggie, cause my friends are other self-indulging buttholes but none of them really care what I say. But everyone is reading your brain farts, examining them through a microscope, too. He should have known better, and the team will likely distance itself from it.

He really messed up, though. Especially afterwards when he hints that being offended over the German-Nazi connection is stupid. He comes off as really insensitive.

Damn, we should send him to Dr. Phil for self enlightment treatment then. In today's sensitive society, you cant do or say anything that might sound offensive. Its bad when you have teachers not using red ink in fear of hurting kids feelings about their trying on their homework. But what is really sad, is when talking sports and making jokes, you have to come to a message board and talk about sensitivity. Pathetic really.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Are you leaving out Bush senior?

Jimmah Carter is the epitome of stupid with Barack in a close 2nd.

number1fin
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Why is anyone surprised? Most of the time, when someone like him makes a comment about another race, we can't take jokes if we get offended, but "IF" we make a joke about a black man, we are racist, abusive, and the list goes on and on. If someone said such a comment about BLacks, there would be a lawsuit already in order.When did Nazi's become a race?

LikeUntoGod
05-21-2012, 03:15 PM

Jimmy Carter graduated 59th out of 820 midshipmen at the Naval Academy.

Detached from Pomfret on 1 February 1951, Carter was assigned as Engineering Officer for the precommissioning detail for USS K-1 (SSK 1). K-1, the first postwar submarine built, was under construction by Electric Boat Division, General Dynamics Corporation, Groton, Connecticut. After K-1's commissioning on 10 November 1951, Carter served as Executive Officer, Engineering Officer, and Electronics Repair Officer. During this tour he also qualified for command of a submarine.

Selected by Admiral Hyman G Rickover look him up and see if he wanted "stupid" Officers), Carter was detached on 16 October 1952 from K-1 for duty with the U. S. Atomic Energy Commission, Division of Reactor Development in Schenectady, New York. From 3 November 1952 to 1 March 1953, he served on temporary duty with the Naval Reactors Branch, U. S. Atomic Energy Commission, Washington, DC to assist "in the design and development of nuclear propulsion plants for naval vessels."

Jimmy Carter worked on and helped the US develop Nuclear Submarines. What did your hero do?

"Stupid is as stupid does"

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

When did Nazi's become a race?

Dude, they were the Master Race!

tay0365
05-21-2012, 03:20 PM

:bobdole: Wow!!!

tay0365
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Detached from Pomfret on 1 February 1951, Carter was assigned as Engineering Officer for the precommissioning detail for USS K-1 (SSK 1). K-1, the first postwar submarine built, was under construction by Electric Boat Division, General Dynamics Corporation, Groton, Connecticut. After K-1's commissioning on 10 November 1951, Carter served as Executive Officer, Engineering Officer, and Electronics Repair Officer. During this tour he also qualified for command of a submarine.

Selected by Admiral Hyman G Rickover look him up and see if he wanted "stupid" Officers), Carter was detached on 16 October 1952 from K-1 for duty with the U. S. Atomic Energy Commission, Division of Reactor Development in Schenectady, New York. From 3 November 1952 to 1 March 1953, he served on temporary duty with the Naval Reactors Branch, U. S. Atomic Energy Commission, Washington, DC to assist "in the design and development of nuclear propulsion plants for naval vessels."

Jimmy Carter worked on and helped the US develop Nuclear Submarines. What did your hero do?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

:lol2: Jimmy Carter was a Joke, and BY FAR the worst president this Country ever had. If you are a history buff and don't know that.....Crack the books, you have a lot to learn yet.

Wow!!! Thought I would never hear anyone that actually thought Jimmy was a good president.

Gonzo
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
:lol2: Jimmy Carter was a Joke, and BY FAR the worst president this Country ever had. If you are a history buff and don't know that.....Crack the books, you have a lot to learn yet.

Wow!!! Thought I would never hear anyone that actually thought Jimmy was a good president.Carter was ineffectual, but hardly the worst ever. Apparently you haven't heard of Hoover, Tyler, Buchanan, Harding, Fillmore, Pierce, or Nixon. Crack those books indeed.

sm0kinfins
05-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Reggie Bush will not be fined, he didnt even use it in a deragatory manner. Some of you want classify the word Nazi equal to N-Word, Chink, Spic or Hymmie, that will never happen.

If these words are equal, how come you only chose to edit one of them while leaving the rest spelled out in all their offensive and rascist glory?

sm0kinfins
05-21-2012, 04:08 PM
find me one girl in germany who claims to be a nazi.

Not sure about Germany, but here's an American girl... :foundout:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

LikeUntoGod
05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Carter was ineffectual, but hardly the worst ever. Apparently you haven't heard of Hoover, Tyler, Buchanan, Harding, Fillmore, Pierce, or Nixon. Crack those books indeed.

Or Reagon. When he took over we were the largest loaner nation in the world, more countries owed us more money then in the history of time. 8 years later, it was reverse, we owned every other nation more then anyone in the history of the world.

Much like Bush, Reagon bought everything on credit.

Carter put Solar Cells on the White House, Reagon took them off because he was a puppet of the Oil Companies. Now we are buying solar cells from Germany and China.

Carter was a military man and a business man and knew how the real world worked. Reagon was a actor from a Bible college whose greatest role was playing president. He made training films during WW2 because he was a wuss.

As a ex Army Officer with a Masters in Political Science and a B.A. in Economics, I'll take the ex-Naval officer and man who did not sell the nation out to the poser who faked being "presidential".

LikeUntoGod
05-21-2012, 04:15 PM
If these words are equal, how come you only chose to edit one of them while leaving the rest spelled out in all their offensive and rascist glory?

You know how it is, only Nazis can say the N-word. Because they are not racist like everyone else is.............

sm0kinfins
05-21-2012, 04:15 PM

Wow!!! Thought I would never hear anyone that actually thought Jimmy was a good president.

If you had read his post you would see that he never claimed that Carter was a good president. He said he was smart. He's was right about that.

If you can't see beyond your political agenda enough to recognize intelligence than perhaps you shouldn't be entitled to an opinion at all... Or at the very least you shouldn't be entitled to a vote this November.

dolpns13
05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
This is non-news... Its sad what the media will try to create a "story" out of. Reporters have the easiest jobs on the planet..

number1fin
05-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Dude, they were the Master Race!For you to even say that is borderline agreeing with their principles.

tay0365
05-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Carter was ineffectual, but hardly the worst ever. Apparently you haven't heard of Hoover, Tyler, Buchanan, Harding, Fillmore, Pierce, or Nixon. Crack those books indeed.

I have, Nixon was thought as one of the best in foreign policy, Harding was known for being one of the fattest presidents more then being good or bad. Fillmore, Pierce had less then spectacular presidencies, but none really could be considered horrible. Hoover took over under one of the worst economic points in this country, and under his presidency it did not get worse, but better.

When Carter became president, this country was in pretty good shape. When he left many people were out of work, there was a severe gas crisis, the Iran hostage crisis, the country was a laughing stock with the failed helicopter rescue attempts, buying a house at that time was out of the question, with one of the highest interest rates ever.

Either you were not born yet/too young or were not paying attention during that time, but maybe you and LikeUntoGod could be study buddies and actually figure out who Jimmy was and what kind of President he was....have some Billy beer and Peanuts while reading about it.

tay0365
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
If you had read his post you would see that he never claimed that Carter was a good president. He said he was smart. He's was right about that.

There is no polical agenda, there should be no presidential politics spoken in here, yet here it was. If you had actually been paying attention, you would have seen he also made fun of the Bush (Father and Son) a few post earlier, but you must have missed that as it did not fit your political agenda.

If you can't see beyond your political agenda enough to recognize intelligence than perhaps you shouldn't be entitled to an opinion at all... Or at the very least you shouldn't be entitled to a vote this November.

I actually believe it or not look past what party a candidate is from, and try to do my homework on what they represent, I have voted for both parties at different times....can you say the same?

sm0kinfins
05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
There is no polical agenda, there should be no presidential politics spoken in here, yet here it was. If you had actually been paying attention, you would have seen he also made fun of the Bush (Father and Son) a few post earlier, but you must have missed that as it did not fit your political agenda.

I was responding to the fact that you were going on about how bad of a president Carter was. An argument that was in no way part of the discussion. LUG simply stated that he was highly intelligent. Something you didn't even sniff at in your rebuttel. You just went off on his presidancy instead. LUG's point still stands. Like his term in office or not (I don't personally) but you can't dispute his intelligence level. That much is evident seeing as you didn't even try.

There was no conversation to be had in his "making fun of Bush". Calm down there Red State...

I actually believe it or not look past what party a candidate is from, and try to do my homework on what they represent, I have voted for both parties at different times....can you say the same?

Absolutely I can say that. I'm proud of that fact.

twix2500
05-21-2012, 05:23 PM

Should take your political swipes in the political forum. Some place where you can spew the ignorance that is now on display.

Huh did i say something negative about Republicans ideology??

Gonzo
05-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I have, Nixon was thought as one of the best in foreign policy, Harding was known for being one of the fattest presidents more then being good or bad. Fillmore, Pierce had less then spectacular presidencies, but none really could be considered horrible. Hoover took over under one of the worst economic points in this country, and under his presidency it did not get worse, but better.

When Carter became president, this country was in pretty good shape. When he left many people were out of work, there was a severe gas crisis, the Iran hostage crisis, the country was a laughing stock with the failed helicopter rescue attempts, buying a house at that time was out of the question, with one of the highest interest rates ever.

Either you were not born yet/too young or were not paying attention during that time, but maybe you and LikeUntoGod could be study buddies and actually figure out who Jimmy was and what kind of President he was....have some Billy beer and Peanuts while reading about it.

Your partisanship is shining through. Try picking up a book instead of trying to comment on my age. You exposed your knowledge of the history of the presidency when you downplay just how bad the aforementioned presidents were.

Harding- a presidency rife with bribery, corruption, and under-the-table deals that only Nixon could be proud of. Fattest? I think you are confusing him with Taft...
Fillmore- the Compromise of 1950 alone is enough to qualify him as one of the worst ever.
Pierce- Vigorous attempts to expand the U.S. leading to expanding slavery. Well done, particularly with the Kansas-Nebraska Act.
Nixon- His well known scandals undermined damn near everything he did. One of the most corrupt presidents in history. But he got a sit down with China, so it's all okay...

In other words, turn off Fox News for a few minutes and open up a book or two so you can have an actual conversation without the cute little age comments. I already acknowledged that Carter was ineffective, but certainly not the WORST as you ignorantly proclaimed. How about dropping your partisan agenda and doing the same?

DolfanDuBbZ~
05-21-2012, 05:47 PM

You can hold Jimmah up as a smart guy. But when you have a single term in office as bad as his, you go down as a bumbling idiot. And lets not forget he also rather see the disolution of the Jewish state.

As for my hero? That would be my grandfather. He passed away, but during his life he worked hard, made time for his grand kids and built a strong family with strong roots.

As for political hero. That would be Lincoln. Need I say more?

Now go back to idolizing a president who had gas lines, wore sweaters, ate peanuts, dealt w/ hostage takers his WHOLE term, and had inflation that made things absolutely horrid. See, you can sit here and make Jimmah out to be some great smart guy. But he did nothing while in office to inspire and move a nation forward. That would have been Reagan who won in 2 landslides.

kk, try again.:up:

rob19
05-21-2012, 05:54 PM
That would have been Reagan who won in 2 landslides.

That actor guy? How'd he get to be President?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UboV1DqEoag

DolfanDuBbZ~
05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Your partisanship is shining through. Try picking up a book instead of trying to comment on my age. You exposed your knowledge of the history of the presidency when you downplay just how bad the aforementioned presidents were.

Harding- a presidency rife with bribery, corruption, and under-the-table deals that only Nixon could be proud of. Fattest? I think you are confusing him with Taft...
Fillmore- the Compromise of 1950 alone is enough to qualify him as one of the worst ever.
Pierce- Vigorous attempts to expand the U.S. leading to expanding slavery. Well done, particularly with the Kansas-Nebraska Act.
Nixon- His well known scandals undermined damn near everything he did. One of the most corrupt presidents in history. But he got a sit down with China, so it's all okay...

In other words, turn off Fox News for a few minutes and open up a book or two so you can have an actual conversation without the cute little age comments. I already acknowledged that Carter was ineffective, but certainly not the WORST as you ignorantly proclaimed. How about dropping your partisan agenda and doing the same?

So turn on PMSNBC and lean forward. Watching Rachel MadCow and Al Sharpton does nothing for intelligent debate.

And only true progressives or liberals, could defend Carter and his term in office. That is what gives your political agenda. Even my father who is a democrat, had to laugh when I sent him this link to read. See people who actually had to work and make a living during his term, had it rough. It wasn't until 83 when my parents were able to buy a house and eventually start a business. Something that wasn't feasible during Carters years.

I guess what they say is true today for the modern youth. Liberals write the history books and liberals litter the colleges. Hence Barack and his failed economic theories are on full display.

DolfanDuBbZ~
05-21-2012, 06:06 PM
That actor guy? How'd he get to be President?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UboV1DqEoag

Because he laid the foundation by his previous losses running for the Rep. nomination. He then finally got Ford out and with sound principles asked one very good question of the nation with Carter as president. "Are you better off today then you were 4 years ago." The rest was history. You liberals can make fun of Reagan but the fact that today he is still held in high regard by INDY's and Working class democrats does more for my thought on recent history, then yours.

When you have Obama saying he wants to be the Reagan of the democrats, it says more about where the nation is/was then where liberals think the nation is.

rob19
05-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Because he laid the foundation by his previous losses running for the Rep. nomination. He then finally got Ford out and with sound principles asked one very good question of the nation with Carter as president. "Are you better off today then you were 4 years ago." The rest was history. You liberals can make fun of Reagan but the fact that today he is still held in high regard by INDY's and Working class democrats does more for my thought on recent history, then yours.

When you have Obama saying he wants to be the Reagan of the democrats, it says more about where the nation is/was then where liberals think the nation is.

Lol I'm not a "liberal". I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. To limit yourself to a predetermined pattern of thinking on all issues based on party affiliation is beyond asinine and childish in my opinion. The only two candidates who I liked in the presidential race happened to be Republican in Ron Paul & Gary Johnson (both also coincidentally happen to be Libertarians). You people that try to make everything a left vs. right issue are hilarious to me.

jared81
05-21-2012, 07:52 PM
i am sure someone has mentioned this on the prior 11 pages, but im not going to read. imagine if someone made a reference about screwin one of them "nappy headed hoes" tonight. i dont take offense to bush's comment and actually think its kind of funny. just pointing out the double standard.

DolfanDuBbZ~
05-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Lol I'm not a "liberal". I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. To limit yourself to a predetermined pattern of thinking on all issues based on party affiliation is beyond asinine and childish in my opinion. The only two candidates who I liked in the presidential race happened to be Republican in Ron Paul & Gary Johnson (both also coincidentally happen to be Libertarians). You people that try to make everything a left vs. right issue are hilarious to me.

I have seen plenty of your political rantings. Saying your not liberal is a insult to those that can read and comprehend.

As for Ron Paul what made you lean to him? Getting rid of the nanny state or staying out of other countries problems? As for Gary Johnson....he was as relevant as Dennis Kuchinich.

rob19
05-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I have seen plenty of your political rantings. Saying your not liberal is a insult to those that can read and comprehend.

As for Ron Paul what made you lean to him? Getting rid of the nanny state or staying out of other countries problems? As for Gary Johnson....he was as relevant as Dennis Kuchinich.

Only a feeble-minded ninny would feel the need to dumb down political stances into 'teams' like "conservative" and "liberal".

& I also don't care what candidates are considered "relevant", it doesn't impress me that you tricked the most dummies into voting for you.

Tetragrammaton
05-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Carter had his faults, but he was a far superior President to Reagan.

jared81
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Carter had his faults, but he was a far superior President to Reagan.

Now I've heard it all. Must have been those solar panels on top of the white house.

Gonzo
05-21-2012, 09:43 PM
So turn on PMSNBC and lean forward. Watching Rachel MadCow and Al Sharpton does nothing for intelligent debate.

And only true progressives or liberals, could defend Carter and his term in office. That is what gives your political agenda. Even my father who is a democrat, had to laugh when I sent him this link to read. See people who actually had to work and make a living during his term, had it rough. It wasn't until 83 when my parents were able to buy a house and eventually start a business. Something that wasn't feasible during Carters years.

I guess what they say is true today for the modern youth. Liberals write the history books and liberals litter the colleges. Hence Barack and his failed economic theories are on full display.
So, because I'm knocking his partisanship, it means I'm obviously the opposite partisan? Love that everything is so black and white. Hate to break it to you, but some of us are capable of independent thought with no need to tow any party line.

Please point out where I defended Carter's term. I'll wait. I simply pointed out that he was far from the "worst," which is apparently blasphemy to Borg conservatives such as yourself. Please tell me how people having a tougher time finding work (though still not as bad as during aforementioned presidents' terms) or having to wait in line for gas is worse than, say, the expansion and prolonging of slavery. My heart weeps for your pa. Clearly the worst president ever. :lol:

Love the usual rhetoric you run with though. Let me try it out. I guess what they say is true, neocons don't be gotten no time for no booklearnin', outsides of dat der bibel, of course. Wow, this liberal vs. conservative jargon is actually kinda fun! I see why you like it so much. Sure beats having an actual discussion.

Gonzo
05-21-2012, 09:47 PM

If you fall out of line with the party beliefs even one time, just one, you're a liberal (and vice versa, though not nearly to the same extent).

Tetragrammaton
05-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Now I've heard it all. Must have been those solar panels on top of the white house.

Reagan spent far too much money, putting us monumentally in debt. His eight years of terror far outweigh anything Carter could do in four. Also, Carter influenced no one; without Reagan, we would not have had terrible Presidents like Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, or Barack Obama.

JayAngel
05-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Damn, we should send him to Dr. Phil for self enlightment treatment then. In today's sensitive society, you cant do or say anything that might sound offensive. Its bad when you have teachers not using red ink in fear of hurting kids feelings about their trying on their homework. But what is really sad, is when talking sports and making jokes, you have to come to a message board and talk about sensitivity. Pathetic really.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Posting on message boards in itself is pathetic so welcome to the club. ESPECIALLY posting politically charged messages with all sorts of assertions. Hope it felt good to digitally pound your chest, you're the man! :rolleyes2:

LikeUntoGod
05-22-2012, 01:19 AM

OPEC was the reason for gas prices, not Carter. He knew that to break them we had to stop using so much oil. But under Reagon, our oil use increased.

Plus Reagon did what no Military man can take, he made deals with our enemies. He sold weapons to the Iranians to get the hostages back. And used the profits to set up his own little war in Central America.

Dude, how old were you in 1976? Were you even born yet?

twix2500
05-22-2012, 06:09 AM
You know how it is, only Nazis can say the N-word. Because they are not racist like everyone else is.............

LOL, the only reason i did that is because i thought finheaven may have censored the word. The question should be why did i do the work for finheaven lol.
Did this topic turn into a Reagan debate lol?

emeraldfin
05-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Problem with the statement is that it was ignorant. Only reason he brought up Nazi's was because it was against German opposition. Its the linking of modern Germany to what it was 70 years ago and something they have tried hugely to move on from to their credit. No need to keep associating them with something they really dont want to be associated with and the majoirty of whom weren't even alive during that time.

Did I find the joke racist/prejudice? Nah.
Did I find it funny? Nah.
Do I see why it would offend German people? Yes.

sm0kinfins
05-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Reagan spent far too much money, putting us monumentally in debt. His eight years of terror far outweigh anything Carter could do in four. Also, Carter influenced no one; without Reagan, we would not have had terrible Presidents like Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, or Barack Obama.

This country was in great shape under Clinton. If people could get past the fact that he diddled that little fat girl they'd see that. It's not like we were thrown into war like under his predecessor and successor respectively.

As for Reagan... 3 words: Trickle Down Economics. They're telling you they're pi**ing on you.

tylerdolphin
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Great thread. Would read again.

sm0kinfins
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM

Bookmarked?

Vaark
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM

great post...

would edit/addend with "cause I'm slow on the reading comprehension uptake" if I was a mod.

Vaark
05-22-2012, 02:35 PM
This country was in great shape under Clinton. If people could get past the fact that he diddled that little fat girl they'd see that. It's not like we were thrown into war like under his predecessor and successor respectively.

As for Reagan... 3 words: Trickle Down Economics. They're telling you they're pi**ing on you.

Reagan's greatest asset was he made us feel good about ourselves. However, the economy was built on a house of cards; to generate activity, create funding and wealth, he enabled Michael Milken type worthless, barely secured junk bonds to be issued on a wholesale basis, he relaxed the Sherman and Clayton anti-trust laws which effectively restricted competition by allowing oligopolies to swallow up smaller thorns in their sides, and essentially purchased the illusion of prosperity by robbing Peter to Pay Paul ultimately under someone else's administration. It was an illusory bandaid fix; lots of folks did make money, so to that end, he delivered, but at what cost we'd only determine later.

I liked Reagan; he was a comforting president, what the country needed, but behind that bonhomie, there indeed was covert sales of arms to enemies and funding/arming rebels who were as bad as the governments they were seeking to overthrow.

tylerdolphin
05-22-2012, 02:50 PM
great post...

would edit/addend with "cause I'm slow on the reading comprehension uptake" if I was a mod.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/filephp-1.gif

sm0kinfins
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Reagan's greatest asset was he made us feel good about ourselves. However, the economy was built on a house of cards; to generate activity, create funding and wealth, he enabled Michael Milken type worthless, barely secured junk bonds to be issued on a wholesale basis, he relaxed the Sherman and Clayton anti-trust laws which effectively restricted competition by allowing oligopolies to swallow up smaller thorns in their sides, and essentially purchased the illusion of prosperity by robbing Peter to Pay Paul ultimately under someone else's administration. It was an illusory bandaid fix; lots of folks did make money, so to that end, he delivered, but at what cost we'd only determine later.

I liked Reagan; he was a comforting president, what the country needed, but behind that bonhomie, there indeed was covert sales of arms to enemies and funding/arming rebels who were as bad as the governments they were seeking to overthrow.

I also liked Reagan. But more in a "read me a bedtime story, papa" sorta way. No doubt he was comforting to a gunshy nation. Looking back though, he did little to move this nation forward. It's nice that he's beloved for his role in bringing down the Berlin wall but let's face it, that foundation was already cracked and termite-ridden. A great PR move that ensured his legacey for illiterate generations to come.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/05/filephp-1.gif

I lol'd

Dogbone34
05-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Reagan was a superstar

He did it all with a democrat majority in the house.