PDA

View Full Version : NAACP Endorses Gay Marriage

Dovahkiin
05-21-2012, 04:54 PM
The NAACP has had 103 years to support gay marriage, and all of a sudden, they're now ready to support it. This comes not too long after Obuma decided he would endorse gay marriage. Is this a coincidence? Hmmmm....

The NAACP says that gay marriage is a matter of "civil liberties" and not a religious matter. HA! Who do these people think they're fooling? Certainly not me!

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-naacp-gay-marriage-20120519,0,2217856.story

Valandui
05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
The NAACP has had 103 years to support gay marriage, and all of a sudden, they're now ready to support it. This comes not too long after Obuma decided he would endorse gay marriage. Is this a coincidence? Hmmmm....

The NAACP says that gay marriage is a matter of "civil liberties" and not a religious matter. HA! Who do these people think they're fooling? Certainly not me!

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-naacp-gay-marriage-20120519,0,2217856.story
The timing is definitely not coincidental.

Vaark
05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, for a country that was founded on religious freedom where the majority of the framers of the Declaration of Independence eschewed organized religion for spirituality, largely Deism, I see no reason not to permit same sex marriage as the bible (which many including myself question) should not be a criteria. Period. Aside from that, I spent 5 miserable years trying to extricate myself from my last marriage - why should Gays be sheltered from that kind of agita?

But yes, I agree it does seem very transparent now. Should have been many years past.

SkapePhin
05-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, for a country that was founded on religious freedom where the majority of the framers of the Declaration of Independence eschewed organized religion for spirituality, largely Deism, I see no reason not to permit same sex marriage as the bible (which many including myself question) should not be a criteria. Period. Aside from that, I spent 5 miserable years trying to extricate myself from my last marriage - why should Gays be sheltered from that kind of agita?

But yes, I agree it does seem very transparent now. Should have been many years past.

If we used the Bible as the basis for establishing laws on homosexuality in America, people would be executed for their sexuality (according to http://bible.cc/leviticus/20-13.htm)

Tetragrammaton
05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Same-sex marriage is now the norm for opinion. It is remarkable how far it has come in eight years.

jared81
05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
this shows how pathetic the "civil rights" organizations like the naacp are. people like MD have defended this very organization, but all they are is a mouth piece for the DNC. as long as their master (obama) says its ok, they will follow suit, regardless of how they really feel. this is why i dont care when groups like this call people racist, prejudice are bigotted. its because they have no moral compass. for the record i am for gay marriage. i just cannot stand hypocrites, there are plenty on both sides.

SkapePhin
05-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Same-sex marriage is now the norm for opinion. It is remarkable how far it has come in eight years.

8 years? How about in 2 weeks?

Its remarkable what happens when the President comes out in favor of something. Since then, everyone from Jay-Z to the NAACP have come out in support of same-sex marriage. I doubt those would have happened without Obama "coming out of the closet" on gay marriage, if you will...

Tetragrammaton
05-22-2012, 07:54 AM
8 years? How about in 2 weeks?

Its remarkable what happens when the President comes out in favor of something. Since then, everyone from Jay-Z to the NAACP have come out in support of same-sex marriage. I doubt those would have happened without Obama "coming out of the closet" on gay marriage, if you will...

The President couldn't have done it eight years ago. It was such a bad issue back then. The public perception has changed dramatically.